PDA

View Full Version : fat grizz pics

dukester
09-27-2007, 11:11 AM
couple grizz pics from north of ft st john..

dukester
09-27-2007, 11:15 AM
sorry had some computer nerd problems on the pic loading. Grizz pics from Jedney area.. Buddy is a surveyor up there .. now i remember why i always carried my .338 mag.. i don't miss those bears at all. :smile:

dukester
09-27-2007, 11:18 AM
i think i have it now. greezzzzzzzzzzz

bruin
09-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Wow, that is a hell of an interior grizz!! I wish I had an LEH for that area

browningboy
09-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Is that why you call him MR!;)

ryanb
09-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Nothing more majestic than a silvertip in the fall.

Schmaus
09-27-2007, 12:46 PM
that is a fatty bear awesome pic.

Sieg-MM
09-27-2007, 02:25 PM
He's the boss. Wouldn't like to tango with that guy. Nice pic!

Jetboat
09-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Nice grizz. Quite a few around here this year on the northern edge of the farming country. The weather has delayed the grain harvest in some areas and the blacks & grizzlies are taking full advantage of all this ripe feed.

smeegle
09-27-2007, 03:00 PM
for u people that hunt griz do u actually eat it ?

Will
09-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Wowsers that is a Hell of a Grizz......8)

Most do not......of course some do take the edible portions but in BC we are not required to:wink:

Stone Sheep Steve
09-27-2007, 04:20 PM

Cooked up some smokies and euro weiners made from Calvin L's spring grizz for an informal HBC BBQ this summer here in reg 10. Those smokies were a big hit which I think surprized a few people:cool:.

SSS

bruin
09-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Hey SSS what happened to region 9? Are you not hunting there anymore???

Stone Sheep Steve
09-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Hey SSS what happened to region 9? Are you not hunting there anymore???

Fisher-Dude started following me around so I had to find new "unchartered" territory. I even had to change vehicles:roll:.

SSS

bruin
09-27-2007, 04:56 PM
I've heard that you can lose him by driving past a Value Village, is that true??Or was that someone else?

highcountry88
09-27-2007, 05:00 PM
That is a big bear for an interior grizz. Most of the one I have been way smaller than this. I am lousy at gauging a bears size. Anybody want to go out on a limb and guess at the size of this bear?

smeegle
09-27-2007, 05:00 PM
im all for hunting as i am an avid outdoorsman but the grizzly is one species that i believe we should not be hunting... dont know why but i thought id throw it out there

bruin
09-27-2007, 05:07 PM
Over 8' probably 8.5'. but the grizzly is one species that i believe we should not be hunting I have heard this from other people to. Some think because it is such a powerful animal and more inteligent than we might think we should have respect for it and not hunt it. Would you agree. I on the other hand love chasing grizz, usually guiding them. I think I personally only want maybe one or 2 in my lifetime, one with a bow and one really big one with a gun,.

Kitimat Killer
09-27-2007, 05:40 PM
ya im with you on that one, one with my bow and one sith the rifle but will hunt them everytime i get a draw does not look like my tag is going to get filled this year doo to a Fractured foot which kinda sucks for now but for grizz there's so many of the buggers in the valley now it's getting crazy there walking through town now it's nuts.
Over 8' probably 8.5'. but the grizzly is one species that i believe we should not be hunting I have heard this from other people to. Some think because it is such a powerful animal and more inteligent than we might think we should have respect for it and not hunt it. Would you agree. I on the other hand love chasing grizz, usually guiding them. I think I personally only want maybe one or 2 in my lifetime, one with a bow and one really big one with a gun,.

Will
09-27-2007, 05:51 PM
I have heard this from other people to. Some think because it is such a powerful animal and more inteligent than we might think we should have respect for it and not hunt it. Would you agree.
I agree that the "Grizz" without a doubt is a Great Symbol of our Wilderness and Nothing makes a Human feel as Humbled as an encounter with a Big Bear...Truly an Awesome sight :cool:

Too intelligent to hunt ? I dunno everything is Smart in it's own way....I've been humbled by a few Yotes that were pretty dam smart but I'll still hunt them just the same:wink:

I'd also guess an 8 footer give or take ??? Hard pic to judge "size" ... legs and belly are covered as is the ars but that is one Big Fat Head for sure...a Very Healthy Adult Bear at any rate.

dana
09-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Holy Crap, you found the Burrito Bandit. Did some work up the Jedney a few summers back. We had several run ins with a giant grizz we nicknamed the Burrito Bandit. We had been staying in a camp at Wonowon and one night the cook had Mexican night. The next morning we were able to grab leftovers for lunch. One of our guys grabbed a whole whack of burritos. We parked at a wellsite and got our gear together and he threw several burritos in his cruisers vest and then left the others in his tote box beside the truck. At the end of the day, his lid was off the tote and the burritos were missing. He called us all a$$holes as he thought we had stole his burritos. We just laughed and said it must have been a bear. The next day we were parked at the same wellsite and my partner and I got back to the truck before everyone else. I was standing around and looked down the road and saw what I thought was a moose a long ways off. I got the binos and just about chocked. It was a MONSTER GRIZZ. He mossied down the road towards us. As he got about 100 yards from us, he suddenly darted into the bush when a well worker came driving down the road. I called our other crews on the radio to find out where they were. They of course where right in the same patch of bush the grizz went into. Told them to get the hell out of there as there was a grizz in there with them. They thought I was pulling their leg. I told them that it was no BS, get the hell out. The next day we had to do some work down a cutline and had to use the quad. This cutline wasn't very far from where I saw the grizz the day before. Turned out we lost the seat to the brandnew quad. That bear ripped it to shreds. Grizz seem to like the foam in seats for some reason. So, the Burrito Bandit became quite a legend that trip. I wonder if that bear you took pics of is the same bear? Good chance.

BlacktailStalker
09-27-2007, 06:40 PM
I hope that bear isnt in Wonowon ! Headed there in a month.
I had my years worth of run ins with grizz on my elk hunt :)

Stone Sheep Steve
09-27-2007, 06:49 PM
im all for hunting as i am an avid outdoorsman but the grizzly is one species that i believe we should not be hunting... dont know why but i thought id throw it out there

If you're going to throw that one out there you should give your reasons.

We kill about 300-350 grizzlies in this province each year between residents and non-residents and, while you will find some debate on their numbers, it's pretty much agreed that there are at least 17,000 in this province. More important, their numbers seem to still be growing given our harvest. Talk to anyone that hunts the Muskwa, Tuchodi area and find out what it like to come back to a downed animal that had to be left overnight and that area sustained a fall GOS on grizzly hunting for many years and now look at it. Definitely no shortage there!!

So, in my opinion, why not hunt them???? We're currently not even putting a dent in their population. The current harvest strategy is VERY conservative.

SSS

Will
09-27-2007, 07:30 PM
Holy Crap, you found the Burrito Bandit....
Thanks for the Laugh....:biggrin:

That bear ripped it to shreds. Grizz seem to like the foam in seats for some reason

Maybe all the Burrito eating coupled with a few bouncy quad rides explains his "taste" for the seat cushion ? :???:

browningboy
09-27-2007, 08:32 PM
The burrito bandit, thats awesome as for the quad seats, he rips them apart to get something to wipe his ass after all those burritos!;-)

Islandeer
09-27-2007, 09:55 PM
I just phoned the ferries at Swartz Bay,told them to keep the " Burrito Bandit" the hell off our island!! :shock:

BlacktailStalker
09-27-2007, 10:42 PM
What a piss off !
I dont get to tangle with the burrito bandit after all, my super reliable hunting partner I never hunted with before (for a reason) has reminded me why I wont be planning a hunt with him again.

dukester
09-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Was Sent The Second Pic.. I Have Another I Wil Try To Post

Will
09-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Was Sent The Second Pic.. I Have Another I Wil Try To Post
Are there Two Bears in that last pic ???? :???:

dukester
09-28-2007, 08:15 PM
finally put all pics up fron Jedney Grizz.. I grew up In Northern B.C and Jedney always held Mr Grizz. and great moose numbers.

daycort
09-28-2007, 08:21 PM
The well and plant operators for west coast(duke, spectra) energy and petro-can nicked named a bear in the jedney, laprise area they all called Bart. I have been lucky to see Bart a few times and this bear sure looks like him. But who really knows, the last time I seen him was 4 years ago. Nice bear all the same.

BigD
09-28-2007, 09:10 PM
Why grizzly hunt? Seems like this debate has been had before, but once more, when you have actually seen the grizz why shoot it if you are not gonna eat it??? Big man, or short pecker?

Stone Sheep Steve
09-29-2007, 08:26 AM
Why grizzly hunt? Seems like this debate has been had before, but once more, when you have actually seen the grizz why shoot it if you are not gonna eat it??? Big man, or short pecker?

Short peckers? Maybe. But at least there's balls behind them.

SSS

Jetboat
09-29-2007, 09:19 AM

Spoken like a typical anti-hunting PETA supporter :roll:

338 winmag
09-29-2007, 09:53 AM
great , got a bear hugger hanging out on a hunting forum.

Will
09-29-2007, 09:54 AM
Short peckers? Maybe. But at least there's balls behind them.

SSS
:lol::lol::lol:

dukester
09-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Are there Two Bears in that last pic ???? :???:
yep 2 grizz.

Will
09-30-2007, 08:19 AM
yep 2 grizz.
Nice ! :smile: