PDA

View Full Version : Wildlife art for wildlife conservation

jshansen
08-21-2019, 11:14 AM
Hey guys, as many of you know the tidal fishing licence has the option of a Salmon Stamp if you wish to retain your catch. Every year there is a painting contest to choose what image will be the Salmon Stamp for the following season. It is open to anyone, professional or amateur. This year I've been invited to paint in it. The proceeds of the Stamp all go to salmon conservation and the winning piece which is made into prints for sale that also go to the cause.
I was born into a commercial salmon fishing family out of port Neville bc on the coast so salmon has always been important to me and my family so I'm thrilled to be able to help the species any way I can. I recently began painting wildlife because after pursuing, fishing and hunting, and viewing wildlife all fall I still wanted a way to intimately experience wildlife in the off season. I'm hoping in the future to get a website made up and have at least 1% of all sales go to wildlife conservation. My oal here isn't to self promote but rather share my journey and passion for the wildlife we all love and pursue, in hopes my newborn son and his kids and grandkids get to enjoy them in the same way.
Here's a few recent ones. Sorry for the poor quality images I'll try to get some in my gallery
Thanks fellas.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7544&stc=1http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7545&stc=1http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7546&stc=1
-Josh

jan.wi97
08-21-2019, 11:39 AM
Hey Josh,
They look great! Make sure to post up a link once
your site is life....

brian
08-21-2019, 06:58 PM
I'd like to see bigger better quality images of thos art works, got any links or a web page?

Muledeercrazy2
08-21-2019, 07:20 PM
Do you have anything for sale? Those look nice.

jshansen
08-21-2019, 11:48 PM
Do you have anything for sale? Those look nice.
Only originals so far, hoping to get prints, paper prints and cards made up

jshansen
08-21-2019, 11:49 PM
I'd like to see bigger better quality images of thos art works, got any links or a web page?

Hey sorry ive had a heck of a time trying to post pics. No like or website yet, soon

Arctic Lake
08-23-2019, 10:57 PM
Only originals so far, hoping to get prints, paper prints and cards made up
Would like to see prints and cards for sale
Arctic Lake

jshansen
08-25-2019, 09:07 PM
Hey guys, as many of you know the tidal fishing licence has the option of a Salmon Stamp if you wish to retain your catch. Every year there is a painting contest to choose what image will be the Salmon Stamp for the following season. It is open to anyone, professional or amateur. This year I've been invited to paint in it. The proceeds of the Stamp all go to salmon conservation and the winning piece which is made into prints for sale that also go to the cause.
I was born into a commercial salmon fishing family out of port Neville bc on the coast so salmon has always been important to me and my family so I'm thrilled to be able to help the species any way I can. I recently began painting wildlife because after pursuing, fishing and hunting, and viewing wildlife all fall I still wanted a way to intimately experience wildlife in the off season. I'm hoping in the future to get a website made up and have at least 1% of all sales go to wildlife conservation. My oal here isn't to self promote but rather share my journey and passion for the wildlife we all love and pursue, in hopes my newborn son and his kids and grandkids get to enjoy them in the same way.
Here's a few recent ones. Sorry for the poor quality images I'll try to get some in my gallery
Thanks fellas.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7544&stc=1http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7545&stc=1http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7546&stc=1
-Josh

HarryToolips
08-25-2019, 09:19 PM
Incredible job bud, and for a good cause too, great work.,.

Piperdown
08-26-2019, 07:27 AM
Nice work, you have some talent my friend

Rackmastr
08-26-2019, 08:52 AM
Really cool work!!!

Love the idea of the 1% donation as well. If you put 1% of your time towards conservation work as well, then think strongly about getting your business 2% for Conservation certified. I'm a regional committee member with 2% and would be great to get some BC businesses certified and leading by example!

You have some amazing talent!!

HD95
08-26-2019, 09:03 AM
Beautiful work...

andrew5
08-26-2019, 09:37 AM
those look fantastic! It's great to hear stories of people looking for new ways to help give back.

jshansen
08-26-2019, 10:21 AM
Really cool work!!!

Love the idea of the 1% donation as well. If you put 1% of your time towards conservation work as well, then think strongly about getting your business 2% for Conservation certified. I'm a regional committee member with 2% and would be great to get some BC businesses certified and leading by example!

You have some amazing talent!!

Hey thankyou! I would love to hear more about that

-josh

Bugle M In
08-26-2019, 01:54 PM
Very nice work there....keep going!

Dash
08-26-2019, 02:19 PM
Wow those are great! You're amazingly talented! I can't wait to see more of your work in the future! Please keep us updated :)

jshansen
12-12-2019, 03:29 PM
Hi fellas. I started this thread a few months ago informing you I was going to be using my paintings for wildlife conservation and that I was entering the BC Salmon Stamp art competition. I'm starting this back up to inform you that I received the honour of placing 1st place this year in the event, so any of you who fish on the ol salt chuck, my painting will adorn your license in 2020 providing millions of dollars to go back into salmon enhancement and conservation. I'm also here to inform those of you who wished to see more of my work, you can now find it at www.joshuahansenart.com (http://www.joshuahansenart.com) 5% of all sales go to wildlife conservation. I'll also have new pieces up fairly regularily. Thanks for the read guys and go take a look!

-Josh

jshansen
12-12-2019, 03:29 PM
Hi fellas. I started this thread a few months ago informing you I was going to be using my paintings for wildlife conservation and that I was entering the BC salmon stamp art competition. I'm starting this back up to inform you that I received the honor of placing 1st place this year in the event, so any of you who fish on the ol salt chuck, my painting will adorn your license in 2020 providing millions of dollars to go back into salmon enhancement and conservation. I'm also here to inform those of you who wished to see more of my work, you can now find it at www.joshuahansenart.com 5% of all sales go to wildlife conservation. Thanks for the read guys and go take a look!

-Josh

srupp
12-12-2019, 03:33 PM
Congraulations Josh..absolutely amazing Sir..
one day I will own a Josh print.for now a stamp.
Cheers
Steven

Wild one
12-12-2019, 03:50 PM
Congrats and something to be proud of

wildcatter
12-12-2019, 05:21 PM
Hi fellas. I started this thread a few months ago informing you I was going to be using my paintings for wildlife conservation and that I was entering the BC Salmon Stamp art competition. I'm starting this back up to inform you that I received the honour of placing 1st place this year in the event, so any of you who fish on the ol salt chuck, my painting will adorn your license in 2020 providing millions of dollars to go back into salmon enhancement and conservation. I'm also here to inform those of you who wished to see more of my work, you can now find it at www.joshuahansenart.com (http://www.joshuahansenart.com) 5% of all sales go to wildlife conservation. I'll also have new pieces up fairly regularily. Thanks for the read guys and go take a look!

-Josh

Beautiful work, congratulation.
A friend of mine Jim Cleary (maybe you know him) entered a few times but didn't win.
His paintings were also first class.

nature girl
12-12-2019, 07:24 PM
You do some really nice work and congradulations.