PDA

View Full Version : Region 3 wolf hunt Adams Lake access

Outcast
08-20-2019, 11:36 PM
Anyone have any info on hunting wolf in and around Adams Lake. How’s the access to get up in the mountains. I’m from region 1 and possibly looking to set out on a 4 day wolf hunt in and around that area. As there is NBL and no closed season I’m assuming it’s well populated. Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jagermeister
08-21-2019, 12:41 AM
Get yourself up onto Vavenby Mountain. Access from Vavenby. Take a friend along with you. Look for mule deer and you may see some wolves.

Steelpulse
08-21-2019, 01:58 AM
There’s not wolves everywhere. I hunt the west side they are always on the move a pack can be there for a few days and gone the next. Around yes. Everywhere no. Will you see one in 4 days hunting I’d say most likely not. But again they move a lot. Get calling maybe locate a pack. Good luck
member first blood lives in the area. Maybe he can give a more accurate update

ghost
08-21-2019, 06:33 AM
have seen tracks a few years ago on adams plateau never seen any though

Piperdown
08-21-2019, 07:53 AM
Good luck and good on you for trying, calling will help for sure

deadlyshot22
08-21-2019, 09:31 AM
I wouldn't be going to Adams Lake for Wolves. There are very few around that area. I would be headed north Like Jagermister said Or North West into region 5.

tim.l
08-21-2019, 09:31 AM
Been hunting around barriere area for three years in spring and fall. Spend a substantial amount of time up behind barriere all the way to Adam's lake. I have managed to spit 2 wolves together but not enough time to get a shot. They are around but seldom seen

elch jager
08-21-2019, 10:46 AM
Put a call in to Brian Dack... he traps that area. He may have some insight to share and help you to avoid certain areas.
He is likely up at Kluane Lodge getting ready for their Moose Season... contact info is on his web site.
https://www.kluanelodge.com/contact-us.htm

elch jager
08-21-2019, 10:54 AM
I wouldn't be going to Adams Lake for Wolves. There are very few around that area. I would be headed north Like Jagermister said Or North West into region 5.

I would not be headed there specifically to hunt Wolves... lots of sign, but never seen. There are a LOT of wolves in the area however seeing one in legal light and getting a shot is a pretty low odds proposal.

Now, if you are headed there to camp and fish, scout the area for Moose, deer and bear with the idea to put in a bit of effort on killing some wolves... fine. have fun. You are unlikely to see one though. I have done 4 separate week long trips in there over the last 4 years and all I have seen are tracks and scat. Brian has trapped a ton of wolves out of 3-42 but twice as many more seem to pour in to fill the void. I forget the numbers... he'd be able to tell you.

meat man
08-21-2019, 10:26 PM
there is tons of logging at the north end of adams lake. i wouldnt waste your time with brian dack
. good luck on your hunt

walks with deer
08-22-2019, 03:54 PM
Outcast!! Please come kill some wolves!

There actually is a lot... i can send you some GPS coordinates where there is some..

I can also give you the biologist number.. I am also friends with the ministry trapper. That said your more likely to see a cat or bear than wolves and i have only seen three from my truck in the area all the other ones from foot.

but i will gladly show you some wolf spots.

Outcast
08-27-2019, 02:37 PM
Thanks for everyone who has commented, much appreciated.

Firstblood
08-27-2019, 03:30 PM
No closed season and NBL make it seem promising, and yes there is tons of sign around this season but I have not seen or heard a wolf yet. They move so much and cover ground absurdly fast and love thick forests, crossing paths with one is a game of chance, getting a shot opportunity is even less chance. Id say full camo, no skin showing at all, sit down and call for an 45 minutes to an hour then keep walking. The problem is calling wolves is often counter productive if youre out deer and moose hunting. Best of luck to all of us, the amount of wolf sign Ive been seeing isnt good news for the deer and moose.

walks with deer
08-27-2019, 04:09 PM
Ya I see some but everybody says shoot them well its not quite that simple but i wish all luck in bagging them.

Arctic Lake
08-27-2019, 09:45 PM
Never shot a wolf what do you do with it ? Keep the hide . What is the law regarding the wolf carcass ?
Thanks
Arctic Lake

Outcast
08-29-2019, 05:32 PM
They are considered non edible, take the hide, make a rug or sell the hide if it’s nice at auction

walks with deer
09-03-2019, 08:01 AM
it is the law to take the hide.