PDA

View Full Version : Region 6-1 question

MRBucks
09-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Usually if we don't get lucky with a moose LEH, we head for the general season opportunity in October. Last year we noticed a huge change in the area mainly do to the pine beetle logging. Huge areas that were treed, the year before were now clear-cut, and the moose were laying low due to the large amount of logging, hauling, activity in the area. We managed to bag one, but it was the only bull we saw in several days.

I am wondering if the rate of clear cutting is still going as strong as last year, and if there is any point in heading up there again this year. Is it a moonscape now? We usually hunt the Red Rd. area south of Vanderhoof. Anybody been in that way this year scouting? How does it look? I wondered if the forest workers strike is in effect in that area, perhaps it's not as busy?

If it looks ok, we might as well joint the Zoo, which the general open season creates in these areas...:biggrin:

sparkymacker
09-26-2007, 10:59 AM
I know somebody that is heading up there for the open season, he was trying to talk me into going but I can't get the time off. It should be interesting to hear how the hunting is up there this year, another friend just got back for another region of 6 (not sure which one) and they did not have any success.

mapguy
09-27-2007, 02:28 AM
doesn't moose season start with the first snow

todbartell
09-27-2007, 08:29 AM
I'm going to 6-2 this weekend to tag along on a moose hunt