PDA

View Full Version : Redfern trail conditions? Anybody been on it recently?

champs
08-08-2019, 01:05 PM
Looking to do a fun excursion with my son next week. Just wondering the shape of the trail if anyone is aware. Thanks in advance

Stone C. Killer
08-08-2019, 06:55 PM
Was in there last year late sept. Always a beauty

champs
08-08-2019, 09:09 PM
How was the trail late September?

2chodi
08-08-2019, 09:36 PM
Northriver Midstream is supposed to start deactivating their part of the road on Sept 1.

Look under delegations: http://prrd.bc.ca/board/agendas/2019/2019-24-465484868/AGENDA.html

Stone C. Killer
08-08-2019, 09:43 PM
How was the trail late September?

Have you ever been on it? If so it was fine.

hellojello74
08-09-2019, 09:31 AM
I am heading in on tuesday with my family we are just camping, will spend a few days near 10mile and a few days back at the lake.

Stop in and say Hi. We won't be hard to miss with 11 of us.

Been a few years since we drove in, not worried about the trail, just the road to where we unload. Any suggested locations?

Thanks

hellojello74
08-09-2019, 10:30 AM
Northriver Midstream is supposed to start deactivating their part of the road on Sept 1.

Look under delegations: http://prrd.bc.ca/board/agendas/2019/2019-24-465484868/AGENDA.html

Just got off the phone with the project manager, her name and number is at the end of the report.
They do not have a firm date when deactivation will occur, just that their target date for the application was sept 1st. They currently do not have any contracts in place for the work to be done according to the phone call.

They are still working with multiple stakeholders about when that would be.

FYI the plan at this point is to deactivate all the way to the highway or some place close to it. Since it basically is all theirs. They are looking to see if others are willing to take it over as well. While still leaving access for the trail. Just something to be aware of.

elknut
08-09-2019, 11:20 AM
Isnt this part of the Muskwa Kechika ?...There is designated routes and restrictions ...How can they deactivate it...Am I missing something /...Dennis

champs
08-09-2019, 04:20 PM
Cool jello 74. Just me and boy... Heading in Friday. Safe travels! See you there.

Stone killer...I was on it last August. Very dry. Watching the weather it seems wetter this year then it was last year. Interested to see how great the impact on trail mud holes.

albravo2
08-09-2019, 04:46 PM
Isnt this part of the Muskwa Kechika ?...There is designated routes and restrictions ...How can they deactivate it...Am I missing something /...Dennis

My question too Dennis, it is only one of two vehicle access points to the Muskwa Kechika as best I can recall. Not sure how or why they would deactivate it. I didn't go last year, but went the previous 4 years. There are plenty of good mud holes at the start then the trail gets pretty good.

swampthing
08-09-2019, 05:42 PM
Its a mud bog right now with all the rain. The road to the trail is a challenge itself. Things will be starting to dry up by the looks of the forecast though.

Stone C. Killer
08-09-2019, 07:07 PM
Cool jello 74. Just me and boy... Heading in Friday. Safe travels! See you there.

Stone killer...I was on it last August. Very dry. Watching the weather it seems wetter this year then it was last year. Interested to see how great the impact on trail mud holes.

Cool. Nice to get lucky and get in there when its dry. No such luck for me. Quad trailer breaks every time in there. Last year my quad axle went too. Always an adventure.

hellojello74
08-10-2019, 02:11 PM
Its a mud bog right now with all the rain. The road to the trail is a challenge itself. Things will be starting to dry up by the looks of the forecast though.

Thanks for the update. We are planning on unloading the pickups pretty early as the roads can sure can get slimy.

hellojello74
05-19-2020, 09:43 AM
Anyone know if the road got deactivated this winter as proposed?

Spent some time this winter thinking about how nice it would be to work on the first 5 miles of mud pits with a little excavator and dozer.

There was that one culvert just after the "official start of the trail" that was getting pretty washed out.

Thanks

KodiakHntr
05-19-2020, 05:56 PM
Haven’t heard, but I’ll ask around and see what the word is.

Jrax
05-20-2020, 11:44 AM
Deactivated in what way? For vehicles or quads/sxs? I read this somewhere last year and forgot about it until now. I hope it means just a longer quad ride in

KodiakHntr
05-20-2020, 12:35 PM
Oil company that holds tenure on the road was talking about deactivating the road to pickups right to the highway.