PDA

View Full Version : some people are just a#sholes!!

dirtybucker
09-25-2007, 10:21 AM
so heres my little rant...i was hunting for bear in 3-27 on that ranch i work for on saturday...the day was pretty normal i had seen some nice bucks and a couple small bears but nothin worth shootin so after about 5 hours i decided to head back down the hill to go home and get some lunch...so as im commin down the hill i noticed a couple of black bear cubs up in a tree so i sat and watched them for a while and then noticed that the mother hadnt come around which seemed kinda odd to me so i went over to check it out and sure enough the mother was below the cubs shot and dieing...the peron who shot this bear couldnt have been very far ahead of me beacuse she was still (pardon my expression) doin the funky chicken when i got to her...it just sickens me that someone would do that i understand that mistakes can happen but dont just shoot it and drive away...anyways so i went down to the ranch and called the c/o and took him up to the bear it turns out that she had 3 cubs with her all very small...so i had to spend my afternoon with the c/o euthanising 3 small inocent cubs beacuse some asshole couldnt wait to see if she had cubs and take the shot..i dunno it just pisses me off...sorry for the rant but i hope guys like this are caught and dealt with appropriately

Phil
09-25-2007, 10:43 AM
That's crapy thing to come accross.

moosinaround
09-25-2007, 10:51 AM
The very least the person could have done was make sure the sow was dead. An animal suffering like that makes me sick! Moosin

Derek_Erickson
09-25-2007, 10:52 AM
Why didnt you proceed to driving very fast and doing the right thing, you should have tried nailing his ass, what a loser, good on you though

kutenay
09-25-2007, 10:53 AM
During the years I worked in the wilderness in BC and AB, as a BCFS/AFS and private forestry person, I witnessed situations like this many, many times. I don't hunt bears as a result of seeing "outdoorsmen" pull stunts like this and I truely despise those who do this.

I won't post what I would do to anyone I found doing this as it is probably against the regulations of this board; suffice it to say that I have no mercy, absolutely none, for creatures who abuse wildlife this way....no wonder so many people are opposed to hunting.

dirtybucker
09-25-2007, 11:25 AM
Why didnt you proceed to driving very fast and doing the right thing, you should have tried nailing his ass, what a loser, good on you though

the reason i didnt go chasing after this jerk is cause i never realized the sow was below and dying until i walked up the hill to check things out other wise i would have chased them down

srupp
09-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Thats not ranting its VENTING..and very understandable..we found a small dead bear on Mike and Nicks trip....BULLSHIT..

steven

Greenstone
09-25-2007, 12:35 PM
This kind of crap pisses me off and makes me sick. What kind of idiot does something like this. But my hats off to you for stepping up and dealing with it.

Th0r
09-25-2007, 01:56 PM
Yes I agree it is bullsh*t. Maybe this person was inexperienced and scared. So, hopefully they will never shoot a bear again or learn from
experience. If not nothing good comes from this situation.

mapguy
09-25-2007, 05:39 PM
there quite a number of hunters that will shoot and leave bears just because they eat fawns and calves same with wolves . a lot of the time they will not look for it cause there happy just to put a bullet into them no intentions to eat it or anything else

gameslayer
09-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Seeing that would almost be enough to turn me off hunting I would be momentarly speechless defending hunting if asked about that.

Chuck
09-25-2007, 09:01 PM
So that's four dead bears wasted for some sick jerks ego? It's sad to know there's others out there too...like some sick jerk in Trail who crossbowed a bear cub recently. I hope they find him soon and give him his reward!

sealevel
09-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Do`s not have to be a hunter.Some ranchers just put lead in any bear thats on there range. I knew of a rancher that run cattle on the bonapart platau . in the spring he would drive around and put lead in every bear he saw. I`am not saying that the rancher that dirtybucker works for did it but a lot of old guys think bears are still vermon.

Caveman
09-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Crap like this is what helps guys like that Bruce Perry editorials or opinions paint us all with the same brush. Just stupid. In no way was that guy a hunter, and should hand in his hunter number.:mad: Then an honest guy gets denied access to land such as this because some"A"hole does something like this, put a sour taste in your mouth.

Will
09-25-2007, 10:48 PM
there quite a number of hunters that will shoot and leave bears just because they eat fawns and calves same with wolves . a lot of the time they will not look for it cause there happy just to put a bullet into them no intentions to eat it or anything else
Sorry but NO "Hunter" I know would shoot and leave a Bear....
They would be Called a "Poacher" not a Hunter;)

Allen50
09-26-2007, 12:01 AM
can anyone hunt the ranch, maybe the owner may know who was on the ranch that day, you have the right to rant all you like when you see something like this,, to bad for the cubs,,, maybe someone will talk and sooner or later the info will come out, and this person will cet cought,,,

mapguy
09-26-2007, 08:08 AM
well you are quite right by saying no hunter would do that i was being overly generous by calling them hunters

Wildfoot
09-26-2007, 01:40 PM
anyone catch the article in the kamloops paper today?

Some knobhead shot a 50lb cub with a crossbow 3 times then chased it around a residential area and shot it full of holes with a .22.

:mad:

newhunterette
09-26-2007, 02:20 PM

Some knobhead shot a 50lb cub with a crossbow 3 times then chased it around a residential area and shot it full of holes with a .22.

Great FODDER for Dr Perry's camp grrrrrrrrrr more blame on hunters again

dirtybucker
09-27-2007, 11:58 AM

ya i just heard about that today and it was all beacuse the bear crossed his property...i just cant beleive there are ******** like that out there its kinda scary really...just goes to show you give somone a gun and they think they have all the power in the world.....absolutly unbeleivable:mad:

Mr. Dean
09-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Any arrests made?
Gotta link for the story??

Wildfoot
09-27-2007, 12:54 PM
Bear cub pierced by arrows, bullets

by Robert Koopmans

A bear cub shot by a Pinantan Lake resident four times with a crossbow and several more times with a .22-calibre rifle was killed by conservation officers Tuesday after it was found wounded and suffering in thick brush.

Conservation officer Kelly Dahl said the bear was found in the afternoon, almost a day after it was first shot by a man with a crossbow and the small-calibre rifle.

Dahl said the bear, a cub of the year weighing no more than 50 pounds, had been in a tree near a house for more than 16 hours, when it suddenly decided to come down around 3:30 p.m. Monday.

The small bear wandered down a street and onto a front yard. It was there the home’s resident, who was not identified, decided to arrow the bruin.

After being shot once, the bear took off up another nearby tree. The man followed and fired three more bolts at the animal. He then went back to his house and returned with the .22 rifle.

After being struck by bullets several times, the bear came out of the tree and took off along the lake. The man followed, but the bear disappeared, Dahl said. Officers were unable to find any sign of the bear.

Dahl said the bear bedded down in thick brush. The animal has been taken to Ministry of Environment warehouse for further examination.He said the conservation service will investigate the incident carefully, to see what prompted the resident to decide to shoot the bear. He noted it is an offence to hunt or discharge firearms in close proximity to houses. Crossbow bolts, as well as rifle bullets, have the potential to pass completely through the bodies of animals.

Charges are possible.

“A lot of people (in the community) are shaking their heads at this one,” he said.

This is the third incident in recent days in which people have taken it upon themselves to shoot or try to kill bears. Officers are also investigating two reports of bears shot and dumped near Scotch Creek. There are no suspects in those killings.

Part of the problem might be the fact people now realize that wildlife authorities will not attend to every instance when a bear emerges near someone’s house.

People in bear-rich areas are expected to live with bears, as long as the animals are not acting aggressive or destroying property. Some people don’t seem to like that attitude, and want every bear that shows up taken away — one way or the other. Rather than call authorities and be told no, they take it upon themselves to take action.

“That attitude is out there,” Dahl said. “But it is illegal.”

Officers are also investigating two other incidents of illegal bear hunting. Someone shot a sow black bear near Palmer Forsythe road near Rayleigh on Sept. 10, leaving behind its three cubs. As well, a bear was shot and left on Sciutto Road near Campbell Lake on Sept. 9.

Anyone with any information about any of the shootings is asked to call the conservation service’s reporting line at 1-877-952-RAPP.

- How bad of a shot do you have to be that you cant put down a 50lb bear with 4 crossbow bolts and multiple .22 shots. He must have hit the ass with every shot!
Since this happened at Pinnitan, I could see his house mysteriously burning down or something along those lines. That is one close community up there, and I am pretty sure most are REAL hunters and outdoor enthusiasts.

Mr. Dean
09-27-2007, 02:42 PM
I'm shaking my head also.... Shooting a crossbow into the air is a serious notion, especially in a reidential neighbourhood. Same said for the .two-two.

If the story is factual...I'm glad he's not my neighbour.

Tron
09-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Uneducated arrogant $#%@ people. I hope he gets charged.

Derek_Erickson
09-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Pinitan, I really hope is not the mechanic at my work, I could see it happening