PDA

View Full Version : Dease lake body found two teens missing

Pages : [1] 2 3

BStrachan
07-22-2019, 07:17 AM
Hey folks. Incase you havent heard for anybody living in Northern BC around Dease lake. Two teens approximately 6'4 190 pounds are missing. Their truck and camper was found ablaze by Dease lake. A little ways away a dead body was found. They have said if this related to the two Australians that were found dead.
Sounds like there might be a killer up that way so be safe keep an eye open for any suspicious people or vehicles.

Reese
07-22-2019, 07:26 AM
Crazy when you read something that hits international news and its right in our back yard. Such senseless acts some people do. I hope the teens are safe and they find the person or persons behind these events.

BStrachan
07-22-2019, 08:12 AM
It is scary for sure. I know it's not hunting related but thought I'd put it out there for all you that live in the area. The teens are from Port Alberni so it's big news on the Island right now.

Redthies
07-22-2019, 08:21 AM
Scary to think this sort of stuff goes on here. I keep a .357 Carbine in the truck when we head to remote areas, but that doesn’t work for everyone or every circumstance. Hope they catch the guilty one soon! Aussie news is saying that the couple that were killed were shot “brutally” and had been seen arguing with a guy in a grey car earlier that day. The weird thing with the teens is the dead body found just down the road. WTF is going on up there??

adriaticum
07-22-2019, 08:24 AM
Looks like another case on the highway of tears

elknut
07-22-2019, 09:10 AM
Hwy of tears is the yellowhead hwy ...Hwy 16 not the Alaska hwy or hwy 37

adriaticum
07-22-2019, 09:33 AM
Hwy of tears is the yellowhead hwy ...Hwy 16 not the Alaska hwy or hwy 37

You're right, I'm using it loosely.
Seems to me any murders that happen up north are "highway of tears".

silveragent
07-22-2019, 10:57 AM
Yea I don't think it matters if it is the Highway of Tears or not, we are just relying on people not being shitty or psychos in out of the way places. 99.99% of the time no one wishes you ill will. We are 80th in terms of murder rate so statistically not worth thinking about but if you happen to bump into the wrong person? All you have is yourself.

BStrachan
07-22-2019, 10:58 AM
Scary to think this sort of stuff goes on here. I keep a .357 Carbine in the truck when we head to remote areas, but that doesn’t work for everyone or every circumstance. Hope they catch the guilty one soon! Aussie news is saying that the couple that were killed were shot “brutally” and had been seen arguing with a guy in a grey car earlier that day. The weird thing with the teens is the dead body found just down the road. WTF is going on up there??

Now I did see a post from someone on fb about a escaped murder from the states and believe he had crossed over into Canada possibly heading to Manitoba. If true, who says he wasnt hesding to BC if that post was true.

BStrachan
07-22-2019, 11:02 AM
Either way two Australian travelers are dead two teens are missing their truck and camper was found burnt and a dead body not far away. Just be careful out there my northern friends.
Hoping for a good outcome for the families of the teen.

mpotzold
07-22-2019, 11:08 AM
One was Australian -the other American(the lady).
Also read yesterday that the escaped convict from Texas was on the loose in Canada probably in BC.

wideopenthrottle
07-22-2019, 12:16 PM
there were also 2 guys (mid 30's) missing from surrey whose jeep was just found up near logan lake

huntinnewbie
07-22-2019, 12:32 PM
Did they find the missing men or just their vehicle, all I read is their abandoned vehicle was found in Logan Lake.

wideopenthrottle
07-22-2019, 01:32 PM
Did they find the missing men or just their vehicle, all I read is their abandoned vehicle was found in Logan Lake.

yes sorry...I got the 3 or is it 4 or do we count the missing merit cowboy making it like 5 different events

https://www.kamloopsthisweek.com/news/surrey-men-missing-vehicle-found-near-logan-lake-1.23892582

BStrachan
07-22-2019, 02:11 PM
there were also 2 guys (mid 30's) from surrey just found up near logan lake

Did they find them? Last article I read was they where seen getting in a white cheap Cherokee but havent been located. The jeep was found in Logan lake

wideopenthrottle
07-22-2019, 02:19 PM
Did they find them? Last article I read was they where seen getting in a white cheap Cherokee but havent been located. The jeep was found in Logan lake
sorry ...I fixed it

srupp
07-22-2019, 02:53 PM
Hmmm so am I correct ?
Australian guy..dead shot..#1
Guys girlfriend ..dead shot #2
Male body found..in area..#3
Camper found 2 males missing..#4...#5
White jeep cherokee found in Logan lake 2 males missing..#6..#7
First thought gang /drug related targeted ?
Very busy time for police..disgusting. .
Srupp

Reese
07-22-2019, 04:11 PM
all within a week

hawk-i
07-22-2019, 04:58 PM
Sounds like someone is out on a killing spree, lookin to become famous....WTF!

beaverhunter69
07-22-2019, 05:18 PM
very unnerving, even though chances are low PPE for me includes a knife on my person and a firearm if possible when going to any remote areas, damn those americans and their second amendment and being able to protect themselves

Comshel
07-22-2019, 08:20 PM
Everyone get serious, someone's killing people up at Dease area I just got home on the 20th from up there, you think you're ok because you have a rifle, handgun etc. but reality is you pull over for a quick break and someone pulls in behind, pulls out a firearm and you're standing with your pants around your ankles! Sorry for dramatics but damnit I think that's how it's going down. Sorry for the dramatics but I work up there and it worries me. Take care everyone.

RackStar
07-22-2019, 08:48 PM
^^^^
exactly. Having a gun does not do shit.

The person whos going to attack you is likely going to approach like a normal person, and like said above you will be caught with your pants down. And shit out of luck.

I wouldn’t even stop to help fix a tire right now. No thanks

Bugle M In
07-22-2019, 10:05 PM
^^^^
exactly. Having a gun does not do shit.

The person whos going to attack you is likely going to approach like a normal person, and like said above you will be caught with your pants down. And shit out of luck.

I wouldn’t even stop to help fix a tire right now. No thanks

All I would do is pick up the phone and tell someone that someone is on the side of road that appears to need assistance.
(If the cell works up there???)
Let the authorities help out or see what's up, imo.

Deer_Slayer
07-22-2019, 10:26 PM
also 2 young guys missing from Surrey and their abandoned vehicle found at Logan Lake...maybe it is a murderer working his way north from the border. Lock your doors up there and keep your hunting rifle on standby

S.W.A.T.
07-22-2019, 10:28 PM
All I would do is pick up the phone and tell someone that someone is on the side of road that appears to need assistance.
(If the cell works up there???)
Let the authorities help out or see what's up, imo.

There is no cell service there for about 500km. Stopping to help people on the roadside is something we do and it's sad to say we are living in a world where we can't do that anymore. We travel this route often and never would think twice about stopping to help someone and hope someone would do the same for us if needed. But I think I would be extremely cautious after these recent events.

Bigdoggdon
07-22-2019, 10:35 PM
That's one of the biggest problems in the north once your about 10 minutes outside a town that's it NO CELL SERVICE. Cell service isn't too bad up to Prince George but beyond you only get a signal in towns or when you pass a Mountain that has a mine on it. As for the news people in Vancouver my god are they clueless, asking the police if they think the 2 murders up near Liard Hot Springs and the missing teens near Dease Lake are connected, what a joke, do they have any idea the driving distance involved to get from one to the other. Two totally different regions of the province. Not impossible but HIGHLY unlikely.

northof49
07-22-2019, 10:44 PM
^^^^only 460km.....not very far at all

Bigdoggdon
07-22-2019, 11:35 PM
Guess I need to look at a map before I shoot my fingers off. Had this vision in my head that Liard was near Pink Mountain. Now I feel like an a$$h013 with egg on my face. lol

S.W.A.T.
07-23-2019, 02:24 AM
Guess I need to look at a map before I shoot my fingers off. Had this vision in my head that Liard was near Pink Mountain. Now I feel like an a$$h013 with egg on my face. lol

Make the drive, it's one of the nicest in the province. We do it at least twice a year. 3 days round trip if you do the circle

wideopenthrottle
07-23-2019, 07:07 AM
is that composite sketch with the bearded guy, the unidentified body near the missing teens truck or is it the guy who argued with the aussie/American couple....could it be the same guy ..maybe suicide after killing a second group? I guess beards are very popular these days but makes you wonder

butcher
07-23-2019, 07:51 AM
You solved it

tomcat
07-23-2019, 08:57 AM
Having a gun does not do shit. BS, it gives you a chance at self defense or defense of another, no matter how slight, especially if it's a handgun.

AllDay
07-23-2019, 09:02 AM
I would think they would have asked the witness if the bearded guy matches the deceased older fellow. Doubt they are the same people

BRvalley
07-23-2019, 09:15 AM
is that composite sketch with the bearded guy, the unidentified body near the missing teens truck or is it the guy who argued with the aussie/American couple....could it be the same guy ..maybe suicide after killing a second group? I guess beards are very popular these days but makes you wonder

I've seen 2 sketches, one sketch of the deceased body they have not yet identified, long beard....and a sketch of a person of interest in the Aussie murders, shorter beard....the facial features are quite different outside of the beards, probably not murder suicide, but who knows at this stage

andrew5
07-23-2019, 10:40 AM
Here's the latest in the news: http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/rcmp-receive-tips-on-texas-murder-suspect-in-connection-with-northern-bc-double-homicide/ar-AAEKsE5?ocid=ientp

Mauser98
07-23-2019, 11:21 AM
Just saw on the news.

The two two young men from Port Alberti are now suspects in the Liard murders and in the Dease murder.

adriaticum
07-23-2019, 11:45 AM
****, this is getting ugly

Big Lew
07-23-2019, 11:55 AM
Tragedies like this gets most everyone all excited and worried that it might be them next, but stop
and look at the odds of it happening. Incidents like this are very rare and spread over a long time.
Consider the 100's of 1000's, if not 1,000,000's of people that travel throughout BC every year without
problems of being attacked or killed. You've probably got a greater chance of dying in a vehicle, boating,
or heart attack etc. Like anything to do with a firearm, incidents like this make the news all around the
world while just about any other death is hardly mentioned. I bicycle toured all through the north, even
as far away as Fairbanks and down the Alaskan Hwy, over to Haida Gwaii, Vancouver Island, and down the
west coast almost to Mexico as have 100's or 1000's more of others without incident.

northof49
07-23-2019, 12:00 PM
Here is the latest....missing teens now seen in SK in Rav4

https://globalnews.ca/news/5672805/missing-bc-teens-now-murder-suspects/

mpotzold
07-23-2019, 12:02 PM
Just saw on the news.

The two two young men from Port Alberti are now suspects in the Liard murders and in the Dease murder.

Surprising would be an understatement!:shock::shock:

Missing teens now suspects in 3 deaths on northern B.C. highways
https://bc.ctvnews.ca/missing-teens-now-suspects-in-3-deaths-on-northern-b-c-highways-1.4520165

wideopenthrottle
07-23-2019, 12:09 PM
well at least we now know the 2 or 3 incidents are all related to a single set of perps rather than several different ones or from some hardcore US fugitive ....these punks will screw up and be caught very soon

Bugle M In
07-23-2019, 12:57 PM
Well, good to know they have leads now and who they are looking for.

srupp
07-23-2019, 02:58 PM
Hmmmm turn of events caught me completely by surprised..I thought these 3 deaths were related..but didnt see this
WOW.
agree with Big Lew yet again. .very rare event. .
Most humans can say very nasty words. .like justin turdeau..sorry
However it is very very unusual gor a human to actually do the deed and kill another human being.
Srupp

bankshot
07-23-2019, 03:06 PM
Farmers in Saskatchewan will know what to do with them. Too bad the RCMP don't think it's prudent to let people know where in Saskatchewan they were spotted.

Big Lew
07-23-2019, 03:16 PM
Well I hope that everyone in Sask have been alerted and are prepared for them because it's most likely they
will be looking to get another vehicle. I wonder if the vehicle they were seen driving belonged to the
dead man and that's one of the reasons the cops have said they were positively identified.

srupp
07-23-2019, 03:17 PM
Hmmm the van.island suspects left to travel north., Yukon for work..now back in BC..NOT working..need money..robbery could be a motive for the unfortunate couple.the yet to be identified bearded male..robbery. .could that be his Toyota rav4 the suspects were seen in Sask.?

Truly sad
Srupp

S.W.A.T.
07-23-2019, 03:31 PM
Little confusion?????

So the man from Texas isn't involved?

mpotzold
07-23-2019, 03:42 PM
So don't understand why it's taking so long to identify the older guy killed. Seems like they used his vehicle to go East.
Looking at the surveillance photos from Saskatchewan both look like they wouldn't hurt a fly!:confused:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.4520216.1563906654!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg

mpotzold
07-23-2019, 03:51 PM
Little confusion?????

So the man from Texas isn't involved?

Doesn't look like it anymore. The sketch looked very similar to the recent photo of the Texan.

tuner
07-23-2019, 04:39 PM
This whole story is really disturbing.

mpotzold
07-23-2019, 04:47 PM
Latest!

Suspects now in Manitoba.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/b-c-homicide-suspects-manitoba-1.5222542

Jagermeister
07-23-2019, 05:10 PM
Something is just not quite right with all the hypothesis going on. Look at the time line feature in the Global News thread that is linked in a previous post. The last crime was committed after the young couple. That last crime was in Dease Lake vicinity. Gillam Manitoba is over 3300 km and is essentially the end of the road. You cannot catch the train out of there. Been washed out for a while.

albravo2
07-23-2019, 05:26 PM
Don't be surprised if the RCMP releases false information. The suspects are watching the news too.

caddisguy
07-23-2019, 05:38 PM
I still wonder if the missing guys from Surrey (car found in Logan Lake) are part of this story. Hopefully not, as the role would probably be victim.

mpotzold
07-23-2019, 06:26 PM
Shrouded in mystery comes to mind.
Merritt cowboy & the latest 3 incidents!

Spy
07-23-2019, 06:57 PM
Holy smokes you guys need some tinfoil;-)

steel_ram
07-23-2019, 06:59 PM
The gas attendant recognized one of them because of his beard and the other for his camo shirt. Must be them!

elker
07-23-2019, 07:09 PM
Some members here from port alberni must know these two young suspects or their families. The truth is, their families knew from the beginning that the two teenagers were not looking for jobs in Yukon. An apple does not fall too far from a tree.

REMINGTON JIM
07-23-2019, 07:30 PM
Some members here from port alberni must know these two young suspects or their families. The truth is, their families knew from the beginning that the two teenagers were not looking for jobs in Yukon. An apple does not fall too far from a tree.

Just WONDERING :confused: you make it sound like the families KNEW that they were going out to KILL ? :shock: RJ

Wild one
07-23-2019, 07:36 PM

That says something coming from you lol

S.W.A.T.
07-23-2019, 07:50 PM

Honestly that's a reach.

Ted Bundy's family didn't know of his crimes.

I suspect there might be more to the story then we know. Too much fear mongering going on

Danny_29
07-23-2019, 07:55 PM

Pretty ignorant. The poor father was on the news this morning thinking his kids were missing only to find out there alive and potentially going to jail for murder. Wouldn't wish that roller coaster on anyone.

Danny_29
07-23-2019, 07:57 PM

This is the most ironic lol moment in hbc history.

But yes I agree.

elker
07-23-2019, 09:29 PM
Just did a bc court criminal search using "Schmegelsky" as the last name, there are several entries on Alan David Schmegelsky from port alberni. Is Alan David Schmegelsky from the family of Bryer Schmegelsky?
It is willfully ignorant to believe their families' claim that their kids were driving to Yukon to find a job. All the teenagers know using internet to connect the potential employers to apply. NO ONE will blindly drive 2000 km to FIND a job.
These two young men are lifelong friends and their families knew them using drugs or doing other bad stuff. These two rotten apples are falling not far from the bad trees!!!!

mpotzold
07-23-2019, 10:24 PM
Shrouded in mystery comes to mind.
Merritt cowboy & the latest 3 incidents!

The truck was found burning on the highway

Later-The truck is covered in rust and pale grey ash. Its roof is dented and the camper that was on the back is gone.

Where's the camper?

https://www.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.4520872.1563930712!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg

https://www.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.4519794.1563894809!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg

https://www.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.4517650.1563760098!/httpImage/image.jpeg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpeg

IslandWanderer
07-23-2019, 10:29 PM

Wow, I must have hit a nerve the other day. Projection is sad to watch.

Jagermeister
07-23-2019, 10:51 PM
And not a scorch piece of brush to be seen.

The truck was found burning on the highway

Later-The truck is covered in rust and pale grey ash. Its roof is dented and the camper that was on the back is gone.

Where's the camper?

https://www.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.4520872.1563930712!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg

https://www.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.4519794.1563894809!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg

https://www.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.4517650.1563760098!/httpImage/image.jpeg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpeg

mpotzold
07-23-2019, 11:31 PM
It's under heavy investigation so seems like a lot of the pertinent info is being withheld to you & I so we'll have to connect the dots in the meantime.:-P

REMINGTON JIM
07-23-2019, 11:55 PM
I don't think thats the Same truck ! WTF ? :shock: RJ

S.W.A.T.
07-24-2019, 02:30 AM
Just did a bc court criminal search using "Schmegelsky" as the last name, there are several entries on Alan David Schmegelsky from port alberni. Is Alan David Schmegelsky from the family of Bryer Schmegelsky?
It is willfully ignorant to believe their families' claim that their kids were driving to Yukon to find a job. All the teenagers know using internet to connect the potential employers to apply. NO ONE will blindly drive 2000 km to FIND a job.
These two young men are lifelong friends and their families knew them using drugs or doing other bad stuff. These two rotten apples are falling not far from the bad trees!!!!

When I was 18 I blindly got on a bus for 16 hrs to go find a job. Just because there are court entries doesn't really mean anything, could be family court perhaps a divorce or custody, could be traffic court, civil court or yes maybe the guy is a bad seed and its criminal court. You guys are starting to make things up that aren't even there. Perhaps let the facts tell the story

338win mag
07-24-2019, 05:29 AM
There are people living "everywhere" that are pure evil and a waste of skin. My dad was a prison guard at a federal penitentiary where he and his buddies guarded the likes of Clifford Olsen and others....some of these "others" were just as, or even more heinous than Olsen, if you can believe it, they just got found out sooner.

One thing I remember my dad telling me about people like this is...they have no conscience.....they will murder an entire family and then go home and have dinner with their family like nothing ever happened, like Olsen did.

Other inmates tried to kill Olsen but he was a real tough bugger and managed to fight off multiple armed attackers who were going to kill him, so there is justice in prison.... but protective custody wont allow it.

No death penalty? ....then end protective custody.

pin_head
07-24-2019, 06:28 AM
Something is just not quite right with all the hypothesis going on. Look at the time line feature in the Global News thread that is linked in a previous post. The last crime was committed after the young couple. That last crime was in Dease Lake vicinity. Gillam Manitoba is over 3300 km and is essentially the end of the road. You cannot catch the train out of there. Been washed out for a while.

For what it’s worth, the rail line opened again last fall and we are running two trains a week to Churchill and back.

There RE should be extra charges for burning such a beautiful pick up.

ACE
07-24-2019, 06:43 AM
Wondering why the single victim from the Stikine hasn't been named yet. He does have a name . . . ?

elker
07-24-2019, 06:47 AM
When I was 18 I blindly got on a bus for 16 hrs to go find a job. Just because there are court entries doesn't really mean anything, could be family court perhaps a divorce or custody, could be traffic court, civil court or yes maybe the guy is a bad seed and its criminal court. You guys are starting to make things up that aren't even there. Perhaps let the facts tell the story
"let the facts tell the story "! True, that is why we should dismantle the lies these kids' families told the world. The fact is that They were not driving to Yukon looking for jobs. The fact is that so many bad families who neglect their duties to raise their children properly. they don't instill good values to their children at the kitchen table.
the moment the news broke out about the killings of three and their missing children, they knew in the their minds "our boys did it!" But in the interview with the media, they were telling lies to defect

Wild one
07-24-2019, 06:59 AM
Holy sh!t lots of jumping to conclusions around here :roll:

The fact of the matter is non of us have a clue what truly went on an who really knows what. Only thing that is fact is 3 are dead and RCMP are searching for 2 suspects

Danny_29
07-24-2019, 07:35 AM

It was probably the refer haha

what a tasteless comment.

Iron Glove
07-24-2019, 07:54 AM
"let the facts tell the story "! True, that is why we should dismantle the lies these kids' families told the world. The fact is that They were not driving to Yukon looking for jobs. The fact is that so many bad families who neglect their duties to raise their children properly. they don't instill good values to their children at the kitchen table.
the moment the news broke out about the killings of three and their missing children, they knew in the their minds "our boys did it!" But in the interview with the media, they were telling lies to defect

Interesting allegations that you offer up. You say "fact", wondering how you "know" it's a "fact."
A quick check of the CSO entries show that the majority of them are a result of an ongoing "criminal harassment" and consequential breaches of conditions. Possibly an ongoing domestic / family situation ?? To take that and extrapolate "neglect" and a murdering kid is quite the stretch.
You might well be correct but unless you have some personal or inside knowledge then really, you're just blowing hot air.
Have been through the "wayward kid" thing and unless you've been there you really have no clue as to what really goes on.

Redthies
07-24-2019, 07:56 AM
There RE should be extra charges for burning such a beautiful pick up.

You said what I was thinking! Unless it had the whore-house red interior... Then it’s only a misdemeanour.

elker: Unless you know the kids families personally, I’d relax a bit. You may end up being right in the end, and I admit on face value, Mr Smeg looks a bit rough, but let’s let the “truth” come out first. The Aussie “media” is certainly reporting that the two boys are nefarious evil doers. One news outlet referred to them as “survivalists”. Soon we will find out they were actually the shooters that took down Kennedy back in ‘63!

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/babyfaced-suspects-in-canadian-murders-trained-in-war-and-camouflage-in-the-woods/news-story/bf28e7aaa0cbe984f2da780af8278a21

Spy
07-24-2019, 08:05 AM
Wow, I must have hit a nerve the other day. Projection is sad to watch.
WTF you talking about ? I don’t know you don’t think I’ve ever read anything you’ve posted now you think you hit a nerve... how old are you, 12? Anyone know this idiot? Go wonder back in your hole I don’t need anymore friends thanks..

adriaticum
07-24-2019, 08:23 AM
Holy sh!t lots of jumping to conclusions around here :roll:

The fact of the matter is non of us have a clue what truly went on an who really knows what. Only thing that is fact is 3 are dead and RCMP are searching for 2 suspects

Phew, ain't that right.
We know squat about this.
Cops have not released any information as to why they believe these two are the suspects.
Let's not hang these before they get to trial.
But by all means, if they are guilty, lets hang them.

S.W.A.T.
07-24-2019, 08:55 AM
The only facts here is that everyone has their own theory as to what has and is taking place. Everyone here has gotten their information from the same source..... The media, we all know they get it right.

Blaming someone family based on no information you have is borderline slander and if we all did that I think a few of us here would like to have a serious conversation with your family, maybe talk to a dr about castration to end the madness

elker
07-24-2019, 09:08 AM
The only facts here is that everyone has their own theory as to what has and is taking place. Everyone here has gotten their information from the same source..... The media, we all know they get it right.

Blaming someone family based on no information you have is borderline slander and if we all did that I think a few of us here would like to have a serious conversation with your family, maybe talk to a dr about castration to end the madness
In BC, the age of majority is 19. So these 2 kids are the legal liabilities of their parents!!! Yes, we must, and we should, blame these children's families!
Why did not the teenagers contact their family (sending a text message is not big labor)? Why did they drive another 2 thousands km east to Manitoba? Their names are on the news all days and they know it as their phone can use wifi to access internet (maybe they have shut it down to avoid tracking by RCMP), why did not they come out to claim their innocence?
If there is some similarity to your dealing with your children, I think the child welfare agency should pay you a visit. It is really a madness for a parent to let loose their children.

S.W.A.T.
07-24-2019, 09:23 AM
In BC, the age of majority is 19. So these 2 kids are the legal liabilities of their parents!!! Yes, we must, and we should, blame these children's families!
Why did not the teenagers contact their family (sending a text message is not big labor)? Why did they drive another 2 thousands km east to Manitoba? Their names are on the news all days and they know it as their phone can use wifi to access internet (maybe they have shut it down to avoid tracking by RCMP), why did not they come out to claim their innocence?
If there is some similarity to your dealing with your children, I think the child welfare agency should pay you a visit. It is really a madness for a parent to let loose their children.

Guess your one of the perfect families out there.

For the record, in Canada your legally responsible for your own actions at 13, that's why we have juvenile court

wideopenthrottle
07-24-2019, 09:25 AM
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/killings-northern-b-c-dease-iskut-1.5222566
more pics of burned out camper...they removed all the remnants of the camper to sift through for evidence it looks like

Wild one
07-24-2019, 09:38 AM

Step away from the keyboard take a deep breath think for a minute and be honest with yourself and admit you have no clue on what is going on. Just like everyone else here you are getting very limited information from the media which has a long history of reporting with limited facts resulting in half the story

Running ones mouth without facts and making accusations only makes people look like fools. Wise people wait for the facts before speaking for a reason

Wild one
07-24-2019, 09:41 AM
Guess your one of the perfect families out there.

For the record, in Canada your legally responsible for your own actions at 13, that's why we have juvenile court

Correct and at 18 you are charged as an adult and parents are not responsible for an 18+year olds actions

Liveforthehunt
07-24-2019, 09:52 AM
I'm actually a bit concerned for your mental health sir if this is actually how you feel ? Have you considered therapy? This has to be a terrible spot for the parents of the children and you get on here to run your mouth ? How about giving us some valuable information about hunting instead of your ignorant opinion.

elker
07-24-2019, 10:19 AM
Correct and at 18 you are charged as an adult and parents are not responsible for an 18+year olds actions

Again, you all missed the point. Just because there is a juvenile court for 13 years old and federal criminal responsibility at age of 18, does not remove a parent's other liabilities (for example, financial) for their children until the children reaches the age of majority (19 in BC). These parents may still be sued by the victims. That is why they are in a denial. We have seen a lot such ridiculousness south of the border: the child got gunned down by cops and the parents claimed that he was just about to turn the corner with his life. Here in Port Alberni, the families claimed that their children were driving to Yukon looking for a job (thus turning the corner). Soon the RCMP will get the search warrants to gather information from these families.

huntcoop
07-24-2019, 10:28 AM
https://www.cheknews.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/port-alberni-suspects-vehicle-found-manitoba-1024x567.jpg

Burned out car now found in Manitoba.........possibly the 2011 Rav 4

elker
07-24-2019, 10:29 AM
I'm actually a bit concerned for your mental health sir if this is actually how you feel ? Have you considered therapy? This has to be a terrible spot for the parents of the children and you get on here to run your mouth ? How about giving us some valuable information about hunting instead of your ignorant opinion.
I am all fine. I do not steal. I do not have much of jealousy. I do not teach my children to hate those who are one dime richer than us. My children are fine. All of them have one goal - to attend a medical school. Actually, my first born is already in. I never let loose my children to do bad things - no drugs, no smoke, no marijuana, no alcohol.

I do not defend criminal activities, unlike you.

Huntingtyler123
07-24-2019, 10:34 AM
Some need to calm down. We don’t know al the facts, wait till we get all the info on what’s happening. Keep this thread on topic please

Wild one
07-24-2019, 10:35 AM
Again, you all missed the point. Just because there is a juvenile court for 13 years old and federal criminal responsibility at age of 18, does not remove a parent's other liabilities (for example, financial) for their children until the children reaches the age of majority (19 in BC). These parents may still be sued by the victims. That is why they are in a denial. We have seen a lot such ridiculousness south of the border: the child got gunned down by cops and the parents claimed that he was just about to turn the corner with his life. Here in Port Alberni, the families claimed that their children were driving to Yukon looking for a job (thus turning the corner). Soon the RCMP will get the search warrants to gather information from these families.

Read the other post and realize you and everyone else are lacking way too many facts to make assumptions

I won’t waste effort debating things that neither of us have facts to support or defend. Doing so would just be two clueless people talking out of their ass going on nothing but made up information

Personally not my style so I will wait for more information about this incident rather than make accusations/claims based on nothing but assumption

MichelD
07-24-2019, 10:49 AM
"I will wait for more information about this incident rather than make accusations/claims based on nothing but assumption"

Exactly. There has been way too much rampant speculation, theorizing and analysis here and on news comment sites by amateur Internet "experts" whose only experience is watching American CSI TV shows.

Redthies
07-24-2019, 11:25 AM
There has been way too much rampant speculation, theorizing and analysis here and on news comment sites by amateur Internet "experts" whose only experience is watching American CSI TV shows.

Hey, easy now. Gil Grissom would have solved this chit by the second commercial break...

Danny_29
07-24-2019, 11:35 AM
I am all fine. I do not steal. I do not have much of jealousy. I do not teach my children to hate those who are one dime richer than us. My children are fine. All of them have one goal - to attend a medical school. Actually, my first born is already in. I never let loose my children to do bad things - no drugs, no smoke, no marijuana, no alcohol.

No drugs, no smoke, no marijuana, no alchohol...

No fun.

Didn't realize all of the legal things above were so awful.

adriaticum
07-24-2019, 12:02 PM

Jesus mang, calm your tits.
What's the point of getting so riled up about something we know so little about.
You won't find anyone here defending criminal activities.

butcher
07-24-2019, 12:48 PM
Jesus mang, calm your tits.
What's the point of getting so riled up about something we know so little about.
You won't find anyone here defending criminal activities.

It's probably all his parents fault. String 'em up, they know what he's like.

mpotzold
07-24-2019, 01:03 PM
https://www.cheknews.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/port-alberni-suspects-vehicle-found-manitoba-1024x567.jpg

Burned out car now found in Manitoba.........possibly the 2011 Rav 4

https://postmediavancouversun2.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/northern_homicides-w.jpg?quality=55&strip=all&w=640

A vehicle matching the description of the one northern B.C. homicide suspects Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, and Kam McLeod, 19, were driving was found burned out in northern Manitoba. Alaska Highway News / PNG

huntcoop
07-24-2019, 01:06 PM
RCMP have just confirmed that the burnt out car is in fact the Rav 4

elker
07-24-2019, 01:26 PM
It's probably all his parents fault. String 'em up, they know what he's like.

I would not mention your parents, nor to string them. You already have made them weep.

butcher
07-24-2019, 01:39 PM
Hahahahaha take a deep breath bud.

killswithkimber
07-24-2019, 01:44 PM
Current News Update!

The RCMP have confirmed that a burned SUV in Northern Manitoba is the vehicle that the 2 suspects were driving!

joshbazz
07-24-2019, 01:46 PM
I can't tell if the hilarity of some posts here is to lighten the mood of this dark topic...

Regarding the story, looks like there is an MO that is consistent – hopefully that creates the predictability law enforcement can rely on to resolve the matter. No sense in jumping to conclusions...

Also, no sense attacking other members... but, then again, free speech and all, I'd rather know what people think than be surprised...

P.S. I use therm 'attacking' very overly exaggerated :)

Downtown
07-24-2019, 02:29 PM
very unnerving, even though chances are low PPE for me includes a knife on my person and a firearm if possible when going to any remote areas, damn those americans and their second amendment and being able to protect themselves

Unfortunately almost no Foreigners have a PAL and therefore not allowed to protect themselves with a Firearm from 4 and/or 2 legged Threads. Pretty well the same applies for the average Canadian travelling in the US and/or Mexico.
Sucks, but one cant be to be careful, always leave yourself an Escape route and always practice situational awareness no matter if in a big city Shopping Centre or way out in the Wilderness.

My Heart goes out to the Families of the Murdered Persons.

Cheers

07-24-2019, 02:36 PM
Always be careful. I always have a sleeping bag that I place a mannequin in with just the top of the head sticking out. I place it out in the open in an obvious spot (say near the warmth of my campfire). The mannequin acts like a decoy, while I sleep in the forest after covering myself with leaves and sticks. Works awesome.

Wild one
07-24-2019, 02:42 PM
Always be careful. I always have a sleeping bag that I place a mannequin in with just the top of the head sticking out. I place it out in the open in an obvious spot (say near the warmth of my campfire). The mannequin acts like a decoy, while I sleep in the forest after covering myself with leaves and sticks. Works awesome.

You actually sleep without being in a house with a double deadbolt and alarm :wink:

Downtown
07-24-2019, 02:50 PM

Well long time ago I worked up there in Mining exploration. Yes there is only one Road out same goes for the Railroad but there are endless Waterways from there all the way to Winnipeg if one is Bush wise and travels by Canoe at night when the Striped Pants relax.
Lots of easy Fishing to survive but the Mosqitos there are worsE then in Alaska.

Lets see if the Mounties have Luck before more Killing is done, nothing is a sure thing.

Cheers

mpotzold
07-24-2019, 03:07 PM
Just read this

Bryer’s father Alan Schmegelsky told the Canadian Press he expects his son will die in a confrontation with police.
“He’s on a suicide mission. He wants his pain to end,” he said, breaking down into tears. “Basically, he’s going to be dead today or tomorrow. I know that. Rest in peace, Bryer. I love you. I’m so sorry all this had to happen.”

adriaticum
07-24-2019, 03:13 PM
Yah, WTF, he is coming out with this information now.

Bustercluck
07-24-2019, 03:22 PM
I’m still wondering what the other guy with the beard has to do with this.

Norwestalta
07-24-2019, 03:29 PM
If anyone has been to the north country they'll know that towns are few and far between and people are friendly. In the event of a breakdown along the hiway you'll have multiple people stopping to offer a hand. A guy can pack a gun, knife or tire iron in their pockets but how would you be able to differentiate a good Samaritan to someone that'll do you harm until they've got the drop on you and it's to late. Unfortunate that this happened and I hope that it is resolved sooner then later.

rocksteady
07-24-2019, 03:29 PM

Carjacking? I suspect

srupp
07-24-2019, 03:30 PM

Hmm owner of the rav4 ?
Srupp

elker
07-24-2019, 04:03 PM
Just read this

Bryer’s father Alan Schmegelsky told the Canadian Press he expects his son will die in a confrontation with police.
“He’s on a suicide mission. He wants his pain to end,” he said, breaking down into tears. “Basically, he’s going to be dead today or tomorrow. I know that. Rest in peace, Bryer. I love you. I’m so sorry all this had to happen.”

I told you so...
This father should have told the authority much sooner to save other people from harm.
It is not "driving to Yukon looking for a job"!
This father might already had found that his pistols were missing, or his rifles were taken. All those information should have been provided to the authority. At least 2 or 3 days had been wasted. The young men could have been stopped days before.
sigh...

Wild one
07-24-2019, 04:21 PM
I told you so...
This father should have told the authority much sooner to save other people for harm.
It is not "driving to Yukon looking for a job"!
This father might already had found that his pistols were missing, or his rifles were taken. All those information should have been provided to the authority. At least 2 or 3 days had been wasted. The young men could have been stopped days before.
sigh...

Your trying very hard to twist things to your vision and keep assuming things. That statement could mean he believes his son would rather die than go to jail, his son may have even contacted him during this ordeal telling him so, his son may have shown signs of depression, and the list could keep going with possibilities. Yes there is even a possibility you’re theory is correct as well but once again FACTs are lacking to reach a conclusion

Not once in the statement did the father mention a missing/stolen gun of any kind. Not once did the father retract the statement the 2 were headed to the Yukon for work. These are only things YOU assume with no facts to support it

The only thing that has been proven is you continue to jump to conclusions and assume things

Downtown
07-24-2019, 04:28 PM

Unless I am missing something, I have not heard that the RCMP knows of any missing Guns, shurly this would not be confidential Information. While it looks like, at this point we cant even be sure the 2 youg Guys from Port Alberni are the Murderers. For all I know they also cold be laying Dead in the Bush allong the Dease or Alaska Highway.
I have no doubt the Cops are "interviewing" the Father Alan Schmegelsky short of putting the Thump screws on and would have Information by now if they had Guns in the House which are not accounted for.

Well see what the News brings at 6.

Cheers

fuzzybiscuit
07-24-2019, 04:41 PM

I like to go one step farther and cover myself with bear scat found on the road. One can never be too safe.

I’ve got my best pictures of Sasquatch that way too, unfortunately the flash always gives me away and then they take my camera. That reminds me, I need to buy another camera before my next trip out...

Bugle M In
07-24-2019, 04:44 PM
Hmm owner of the rav4 ?
Srupp

I was wondering that, but then, they would know the identity of the bearded man found near the burnt out truck/camper.
Unless they are keeping that quiet??

GreyDog
07-24-2019, 04:46 PM
If the kid's on a suicide mission and if they are the perpetrators, I hope he gets his wish and takes his buddy with him. GD

Norwestalta
07-24-2019, 05:00 PM
I like to go one step farther and cover myself with bear scat found on the road. One can never be too safe.

I’ve got my best pictures of Sasquatch that way too, unfortunately the flash always gives me away and then they take my camera. That reminds me, I need to buy another camera before my next trip out...

I've purged alongside the road a time or two. Be careful what you're covering yourself with. I hope you look around for a lone sock before you do the stop drop and roll.

silveragent
07-24-2019, 05:05 PM
I hope they are found and captured peacefully. Some may wish for them to be dead but that equation requires someone to pull the trigger on them and even if justified that affects the person who pulls the trigger and if the perpetrators want to 'go out in a blaze of glory' that will mean someone's life will be at risk.

Boner
07-24-2019, 05:35 PM

I got you both beat. I tell people when and where I’m going hunting, but then I just stay home and read BS on HBC.

Pretty crazy news, I’m not going to speculate, just going to sit here in my bunker, and clean my guns until the whole thing plays out to the end.

fuzzybiscuit
07-24-2019, 05:37 PM
I've purged alongside the road a time or two. Be careful what you're covering yourself with. I hope you look around for a lone sock before you do the stop drop and roll.

That explains the corn filled scat in an area with no farms for a 100 miles... Thanks for helping solve that mystery...

Norwestalta
07-24-2019, 06:09 PM
That explains the corn filled scat in an area with no farms for a 100 miles... Thanks for helping solve that mystery...

Eat, rinse and repeat.

Jagermeister
07-24-2019, 06:11 PM
Okay. I’m starting to get a feel for this. Both are quite introverted, not too social. Got their minds into online games that focus on war and survival. Comes a day and they seek the ultimate test. It would appear that the father was in contact with his son. “The father of Mr. Schmegelsky says his son is in “very serious pain” and he expects the manhunt will end in the young man’s death. “. So this becomes a true life game for them. A test of how far they will get in their game before it culminates for them. Predictably others will follow.

jonz
07-24-2019, 06:16 PM
Why would they go to Gillam Manitoba, an area with only 1 road in and out?

mpotzold
07-24-2019, 06:16 PM
Latest-
3rd man identified as Leonard Dyck of Vancouver
https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/port-alberni-teens-charged-in-third-b-c-murder-1.4522595

SSG-man
07-24-2019, 06:19 PM
Violent video games and nazi symbols oh my.

boxhitch
07-24-2019, 06:50 PM
Gone fanatical or just gone bonkers
time will tell .......maybe

SSG-man
07-24-2019, 07:17 PM
Detached, desensitized and unemployed

I blame the Liberals

elker
07-24-2019, 07:58 PM
It's my hope that the conscience come back to their souls and they stop killing more people. There have been no new related deaths reported, which I hope is a good sign.
btw, the third victim Leonard Dyck was matching the beard man who reportedly talked with the first two victims with frustration. Was there anything going on before the killings?

Sirloin
07-24-2019, 08:04 PM
https://globalnews.ca/news/5679766/bc-northern-murders-suspects-charged-third-victim-id/

2 suspects officially charged with second-degree murder now

adriaticum
07-24-2019, 08:19 PM
Send in the bounty hunters.

Spy
07-24-2019, 09:54 PM
Is this going to be another Las Vegas shooting/killing/......?

mpotzold
07-24-2019, 10:28 PM
More info on the suspects-
Schmegelsky said his son doesn’t own any real guns and doesn’t know how to drive.
He owns an airsoft gun.

The father recalled that his son bought a nice black suit with his second paycheque from Walmart.
“Now I realize it’s his funeral suit.”

If the suspects are in the Gillam vicinity, they are in country known for its thick bush, swamps and pesky insects, and where it’s easy to get lost.
“If they are wandering around in the bush, they couldn’t have picked a worse time because the sandflies came out three days ago and they’re just voracious,” said the deputy major.
“I’m quite sure they’ll be more than happy to have someone find them.”

More info on the third victim.
Dyck, 64 has a PhD & is listed on the University of British Columbia website as a sessional lecturer in botany.
He loved camping alone in northern BC.

Ride Red
07-25-2019, 04:59 AM
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/inside-the-twisted-fantasy-lived-by-teens-suspected-of-british-columbia-killing-spree/news-story/9c3c7d05f22cfcbb4c550caeb061643b

steel_ram
07-25-2019, 07:00 AM
Is this going to be another Las Vegas shooting/killing/......?

Doubtful during there's any outdoor concerts during bug season in northern Manitoba.

Downtown
07-25-2019, 10:32 AM
The Cops have not had actual contact to whomever drove that burned out SUV to Gillam, every day passing will make it less likely they have Sucess.

Perhaps the RCMP does not have the right Personal/Training/Equipment and Mindset to do a Manhunt in real Bush. Standing on the Road with Bullet Proof Assault Vehicles may work in Civilization, doing Flybys by Helicopter is a Joke in this type of Terrain.

I would suggest bringing in the Army and have Search Teams made up of Groups of 3 each Recon-Special Forces Guys used to real Bush. They should at least search up and Down the Nelson River. There are Fishcamps and Trapper Cabins throughout that Area from which the Suspects could Steal a Canoe, Food and all the necessities to survive at least until Winter Sets in. On the Nelson River, its only about 150Km to James Bay.

Cheers

adriaticum
07-25-2019, 10:34 AM
The Cops have not had actual contact to whomever drove that burned out SUV to Gillam, every day passing will make it less likely they have Sucess.

Perhaps the RCMP does not have the right Personal/Training/Equipment and Mindset to do a Manhunt in real Bush. Standing on the Road with Bullet Proof Assault Vehicles may work in Civilization, doing Flybys by Helicopter is a Joke in this type of Terrain.

I would suggest bringing in the Army and have Search Teams made up of Groups of 3 each Recon-Special Forces Guys used to real Bush. They should at least search up and Down the Nelson River. There are Fishcamps and Trapper Cabins throughout that Area from which the Suspects could Steal a Canoe, Food and all the necessities to survive at least until Winter Sets in. On the Nelson River, its only about 150Km to James Bay.

Cheers

They will get them now that they know who they are.
These are young kids, they can't survive on their own.
Somebody will find them.

BRvalley
07-25-2019, 10:52 AM
at the start I really thought this would end up being related to organized crime somehow, but it seems as though that is not the case....it seems like they wanted to escalate their video games into a real life scenario, engage in a real life manhunt and play war and survival games....they've created a scenario where the RCMP are forced to hunt them down, difficult terrain where they need to be hunted down on foot, if that doesn't happen I would imagine their game would get boring and they might seek out confrontation

only a matter of time till they are caught, hopefully without any injury to police.....truly tragic for the victims family, wrong place wrong time for the victims, just completely senseless and seemingly random acts of violence

RiverOtter
07-25-2019, 10:58 AM
Hopefully, whatever's left of these 2 kids personal fantasy trip, only involves wild animals and no more innocent people.

Leaving them alone in the wilderness to let the bugs and elements take the fight out of them is not a bad idea, so long as they've made every effort to warn anyone who might be using their trapping cabin or recreating in the area.

I'd have to assume that with choppers flying, that all the logical escape routes are known and hopefully monitored, just in case.

ACE
07-25-2019, 11:04 AM
Wondering what the fugitives have for firearms . . . ?
Ammo amount . . . ?

mpotzold
07-25-2019, 11:09 AM
Latest
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/unforgiving-terrain-soggy-land-gillam-fox-lake-homicide-1.5224347

Interesting comment by RA!

"When I first heard that they went on a road trip after working for 5 weeks at Wal-Mart I was a little dubious. That kind of trip in a camper and truck would have taken quite a bit of money in in gas alone. They did not get that kind of money working at Wal-Mart for 5 weeks. I doubt this is the first time the RCMP had interactions with them either. Take a look at how many active missing person's cases there are on the Island. A lot in remote locations." https://www.albernivalleynews.com/news/meet-the-missing-on-vancouver-island/

B.C. RCMP later said they can’t yet confirm whether the RAV4 belonged to Dyck.
2nd degree murder explained.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/what-s-the-difference-between-1st-degree-murder-2nd-degree-murder-and-manslaughter-1.5068520

adriaticum
07-25-2019, 11:26 AM
Gillam, MB is close to Hudson Bay up north.

DeepJeep
07-25-2019, 11:33 AM
I hope they don't make this about firearms. Hopefully no law enforcement gets injured or harmed

wideopenthrottle
07-25-2019, 11:38 AM
I think most would like to see them captured rather than killed...if for no other reason than to hear the details of what they were cough cough thinking....people will need that closure

elker
07-25-2019, 11:52 AM
Why were they so "stupid" to burn the vehicle to show where they had been? They could simply flip the vehicle to a river, which no one can see. I do not think they can survive in the wildness. Hunger and fatigue will push them out.
Canada's legal system is notoriously too lenient. I do not want to see them captured alive.

fuzzybiscuit
07-25-2019, 12:11 PM
If the picture being painted by the RCMP and the media is true, then there’s no doubt these two young individuals are pretty messed up. The same could be said, although not to the same degree, about the picture being painted in regards to certain members on here with the posts they are making in this thread alone...

As mentioned by others in previous posts, I’d also like to see them taken alive. That’s the only way anyone will ever know exactly what went on and what these two guys were thinking. Even if justified taking a life has to be hard on whoever ends up having to pull the trigger and I wouldn’t wish that on any member of the RCMP. Sure it’s their job to protect the public and stop these two individuals by any means necessary, but hopefully they can do it without any more blood being shed.

elker
07-25-2019, 12:24 PM
Sometimes those who self claim to be sane and accuse others of not as sane are the real confused ones. We just need to read few more previous posts to know who they are.
To make my point, leaving a murderer alive will not bring closure to the victims' families, period! it only serves to keep the wounds open forever. The victims's families will have to endure the agony to attend the early release hearing, bail hearing, etc in the next every 2, 5, or 10 years. They will never have peace in their life knowing that those murderers will likely be released after 20 or 25 years.

RiverOtter
07-25-2019, 12:30 PM
It isn't the capturing them alive that concerns me, it's the thought of 'sentencing' them to a mental facility, then releasing them in a few years, because society continues to confuse mental illness with pure evil.

Doesn't mean I relish the thought of law enforcement having to do what may very well be forced on them.

REMINGTON JIM
07-25-2019, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=RiverOtter;2106092]It isn't the capturing them alive that concerns me, it's the thought of 'sentencing' them to a mental facility, then releasing them in a few years, because society continues to confuse mental illness with pure evil.

YUP ! Best IS a WARNING shot through the Head ! jmo RJ

boxhitch
07-25-2019, 12:56 PM
at the start I really thought this would end up being related to organized crime somehow, but it seems as though that is not the case....it seems like they wanted to escalate their video games into a real life scenario, engage in a real life manhunt and play war and survival games....they've created a scenario where the RCMP are forced to hunt them down, difficult terrain where they need to be hunted down on foot, if that doesn't happen I would imagine their game would get boring and they might seek out confrontation

only a matter of time till they are caught, hopefully without any injury to police.....truly tragic for the victims family, wrong place wrong time for the victims, just completely senseless and seemingly random acts of violence
Sounds reasonable......but cross country?........to Gillam?!
Part of a larger, longer fantasy possibly
Or headed to a meeting with others ?

RiverOtter
07-25-2019, 01:54 PM
I'd like to clarify that I'm not calling ALL mental illness evil. I'm just saying that sometimes people are just
simply evil, and we should acknowledge it as such.

lakelander
07-25-2019, 02:23 PM
I used to love camping alone in the bush. The thought of some baby face guys like this approaching with who knows what thoughts in their heads is unnerving with or without my 45.70. Perpetrators will more than likely take the first shot. The thought of even sleeping in my truck arouses many situations that can be problematic. I will have to get a big german shepherd to accompany me to still be able to enjoy some peace and quiet in our beautiful back country. Thank goodness this is an extremely rare event here.

firebird
07-25-2019, 02:50 PM
Everyone saying they dont wish having to shoot the suspects upon a Peace officer is ridiculous.

If tou you want to be a cop you should be fully aware of having to use lethal force

BRvalley
07-25-2019, 02:56 PM
Sounds reasonable......but cross country?........to Gillam?!
Part of a larger, longer fantasy possibly
Or headed to a meeting with others ?

yes that is a very odd place to end up, lots of country to hide in BC if that was the end game

silveragent
07-25-2019, 03:03 PM
Just because they are trained to use lethal force doesn't mean it is the ideal outcome for them. Just because someone trains as an EMT doesn't mean they love rushing onto gory accident scenes.

If there is a better outcome available they should take it.

If you have not had your head in the ground the past decades you should be aware of the rising rates of PTSD leading to mental issues and even to higher rates of suicide among first responders. Until someone invents a magic conscience pill to wipe the affects of making such a decision from someone's mind, even taking part in a justified killing is not without its consequences. One of my close friends died in an accidental shooting when I was on site and even though I was spared seeing his body for a year after I could barely bring myself to do the things we enjoyed doing and I had to seek counseling because I would randomly break down thinking about him struggling to stay alive.

So while I want these boys to get justice, I would just as well they be arrested peacefully. Any officer who goes into it wanting to put a bullet into them should not be in uniform. Do so only if necessary yes.

Wild one
07-25-2019, 03:04 PM
I hope they are taken alive just so the victims families and public can know what really took place. After that if they truly are the messed up killers that they are being portrayed in the media I hope they fall and break their necks on the court house steps

But till then we still have no clue what happened or is happening

elker
07-25-2019, 04:03 PM
Just because they are trained to use lethal force doesn't mean it is the ideal outcome for them. Just because someone trains as an EMT doesn't mean they love rushing onto gory accident scenes.

If there is a better outcome available they should take it.

If you have not had your head in the ground the past decades you should be aware of the rising rates of PTSD leading to mental issues and even to higher rates of suicide among first responders. Until someone invents a magic conscience pill to wipe the affects of making such a decision from someone's mind, even taking part in a justified killing is not without its consequences. One of my close friends died in an accidental shooting when I was on site and even though I was spared seeing his body for a year after I could barely bring myself to do the things we enjoyed doing and I had to seek counseling because I would randomly break down thinking about him struggling to stay alive.

So while I want these boys to get justice, I would just as well they be arrested peacefully. Any officer who goes into it wanting to put a bullet into them should not be in uniform. Do so only if necessary yes.

I feel sorry for your close friend. I have had a couple close calls with firearm when I was new to firearm and I feel lucky.
However, for a police officer, in searching or encountering the desperate killers, if you do not put bullets in their heads, you may end up being a dead hero. No one should ask the police officers to take chance.

silveragent
07-25-2019, 04:08 PM
No one should ask the police officers to take chance.

To be perfectly clear, nor do I want any officer to take a chance. While the suspects are considered armed and dangerous, the police are justified to use lethal force if it is necessary.

Linksman313
07-25-2019, 04:12 PM
I hope they are taken alive just so the victims families and public can know what really took place. After that if they truly are the messed up killers that they are being portrayed in the media I hope they fall and break their necks on the court house steps

But till then we still have no clue what happened or is happening

Very well said Sir, could not express my feelings better for the situation or these two scoundrels.

elker
07-25-2019, 04:31 PM
The RCMP say they believe the two young men who are suspects in the homicides of a tourist couple in British Columbia, and who have been charged in a third, are still in the area around Gillam in northern Manitoba.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/rcmp-manhunt-northern-manitoba-1.5225295

Two confirmed sightings!

fuzzybiscuit
07-25-2019, 05:21 PM
The RCMP say they believe the two young men who are suspects in the homicides of a tourist couple in British Columbia, and who have been charged in a third, are still in the area around Gillam in northern Manitoba.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/rcmp-manhunt-northern-manitoba-1.5225295

Two confirmed sightings!

Both sightings are now three days old and both were before the burnt-out RAV4 was found in Gillam. If they had another vehicle with them, say one they stole along the way, the burning of the RAV4 could have just been a decoy and they could have been 100’s of kilometres away before it was found.

Don’t get me wrong, I hope they are close and caught quickly, but it’s not like they were just spotted there yesterday or even since roadblocks went up.

wideopenthrottle
07-25-2019, 05:26 PM
rav on its roof...looks like they might have rolled it (unplanned)...if it was wet that day those Manitoba gumbo roads are very unforgiving

Wild one
07-25-2019, 05:30 PM
Both sightings are now three days old and both were before the burnt-out RAV4 was found in Gillam. If they had another vehicle with them, say one they stole along the way, the burning of the RAV4 could have just been a decoy and they could have been 100’s of kilometres away before it was found.

Don’t get me wrong, I hope they are close and caught quickly, but it’s not like they were just spotted there yesterday or even since roadblocks went up.

With the distance they have already covered I would not be surprised at all if they are long gone like you suggest

fuzzybiscuit
07-25-2019, 05:30 PM
rav on its roof...looks like they might have rolled it (unplanned)...if it was wet that day those Manitoba gumbo roads are very unforgiving

Other pics online show it still burning but right side up.

elker
07-25-2019, 05:31 PM
There has been no missing vehicle report since then, so it is likely they are still in that area.
Now it is a dangerous situation. If it is only one teenage, he would be tired, hungry and decide to give up. However, with 2 together, no one will want to show the weakness, either for self-"esteem" or for fear to be killed by the other guy. They will stick together to the bitter end, just as Bryer's father told us.

wideopenthrottle
07-25-2019, 05:35 PM
oh...ok thanks...not upside down sorry, I remember seeing rightside up now that you mention it

fuzzybiscuit
07-25-2019, 05:49 PM
While it’s obvious they are pretty messed in the head, let’s assume for a minute they are not completely stupid. It’s not too farfetched to think they stole another vehicle along the way, bought a bunch of supplies in Gillam so that they are seen, then burned the RAV4 and drove off south again in a second vehicle. That wouldn’t be a possibility if there was only one of them but being two the possibility is there and quite likely if they were thinking ahead. Everyone in Gillam is locked up tight while people a few hundred kilometres away are just glad they don’t live in Gillam and aren’t even considering the possibility they might be in their town.

Time will tell what really went on but don’t think for a second anything the authorities are putting out for Joe-public to hear is anywhere near true. They may know there is little chance they are still in Gillam but saying so could affect any plans they have to catch the two.

Right now it’s just a guess on anyone’s part where they are and while I’m sure the authorities have additional information that they are working on so far the two haven’t been caught which is really quite amazing in this day and age with cameras everywhere.

RiverOtter
07-25-2019, 07:34 PM
Not out of character at all for the RC's to show an imaginary presence for the media to give the kids a sense of freedom again to poke their heads up.

It's the information age, foolish not to use it to one's advantage.

Ferenc
07-25-2019, 08:22 PM
Did that camper also go up in flames with the truck ..

Ride Red
07-25-2019, 08:27 PM
While it’s obvious they are pretty messed in the head, let’s assume for a minute they are not completely stupid. It’s not too farfetched to think they stole another vehicle along the way, bought a bunch of supplies in Gillam so that they are seen, then burned the RAV4 and drove off south again in a second vehicle. That wouldn’t be a possibility if there was only one of them but being two the possibility is there and quite likely if they were thinking ahead. Everyone in Gillam is locked up tight while people a few hundred kilometres away are just glad they don’t live in Gillam and aren’t even considering the possibility they might be in their town.

Time will tell what really went on but don’t think for a second anything the authorities are putting out for Joe-public to hear is anywhere near true. They may know there is little chance they are still in Gillam but saying so could affect any plans they have to catch the two.

Right now it’s just a guess on anyone’s part where they are and while I’m sure the authorities have additional information that they are working on so far the two haven’t been caught which is really quite amazing in this day and age with cameras everywhere.

^^^^^^^^ Yep.

bcsteve
07-25-2019, 08:30 PM
Did that camper also go up in flames with the truck ..
Yes it did.

Jagermeister
07-25-2019, 08:30 PM

That’s my hunch too!

huntcoop
07-25-2019, 08:58 PM
Yes it did.

It did.....

S.W.A.T.
07-25-2019, 09:28 PM
Seems as though the media is 2 days behind. Rav4 burns Monday, we heard it Wednesday. So for all we know they stole a vehicle from Gilliam Monday and are hauling a$$ someplace else. Given the remote location of Gilliam it probably took until Tuesday to piece it all together. Gilliam is small but there is a lot going on in that neck of the wood, hydro dams, mines and the Hudson bay. So be it remote I'm sure there is no shortage of places to get supplies. My question is why Gilliam? Why there

elker
07-25-2019, 09:40 PM
Seems as though the media is 2 days behind. Rav4 burns Monday, we heard it Wednesday. So for all we know they stole a vehicle from Gilliam Monday and are hauling a$$ someplace else. Given the remote location of Gilliam it probably took until Tuesday to piece it all together. Gilliam is small but there is a lot going on in that neck of the wood, hydro dams, mines and the Hudson bay. So be it remote I'm sure there is no shortage of places to get supplies. My question is why Gilliam? Why there

Rav4 burned on Monday, (RCMP knew it burned on Monday), we heard it Wednesday (RCMP chose to delay the release of such info for the sake of investigation). Even though we heard news with delay, the RCMP and the investigation is on time. RCMP is not stupid. They are good at such investigation.

If you look at the picture of the burning Rav4. It still showed the fire was on, which means it was taken on the same day (Monday) by RCMP.

https://images.radio-canada.ca/q_auto,w_960/v1/ici-info/16x9/voiture-brule-gillam-chasse-homme-kam-mcleod-bryer-schmegelsky-2.png

Jagermeister
07-26-2019, 12:47 AM
How do you know it's a RCMP photo? How do you know the RCMP were aware of it on Monday?
Which ferry did they use to come off Island? Hardy to Rupert or a southern ferry, Nanaimo to North Van or Shwartz?
My understanding is that they used the northern ferry. That makes a logical assumption that they went up Hwy 37, making Mr. Dyck their first victim, most likely late on the 13th or early 14th. They burn their truck.
The bodies of the couple are discovered on the 15th, again likely making the crime late on the 14th.
There is confusion with regard to persons of interest in the slaying of the couple.
On the 19th, the burnt out truck is discovered along with the discovery of Mr. Dyck's corpse. The boys are still considered missing and unaccounted.
The guy at the store in Dease Lake gives them coffee, but I think he got his days mixed up. Nevertheless, gives the suspects a 4 day head start. At some point, there is video evidence that they were in Meadow Lake on the 21st. It is 1666 km from Laird Hot Springs to Meadow Lake, about 18 hours driving time. It did not take them a week to go from Laird Hot Springs to Meadow Lake even if they went through Edmonton which would be 100 km longer. I suspect that they were in Meadow Lake on the 17th and may have dropped down to Wynyard where Schmegelsky's mom lives for a short visit. (She would likely have no idea what they were up to.) Most likely though, they bypassed Wynyard and went directly toward Gillam arriving around the 19th, (coincidentally the day that their burnt truck is discovered).
Along the way, they picked up another vehicle and there may be more victims. Lots of remote farms in that part of Saskatchewan that not hearing from someone for a longer time would not be unusual.
S.W.A.T. asked, "Why Gillam?" It's subterfuge, deceit. They dump the Rav4, setting it on fire. The picture of the Rav4 burning was most likely taken by a local and then later provided to the RCMP who issued it to media.
They hurry back the way they came backtracking down to The Pas and heading due south from there to the intersection of Hwys 10 and 60. I'd bet on Hwy 60.
This is a game for them. They probably had been planning this for quite a long time. The only thing in question would be who their victims would be as it would be random. Their intent is to go and go until they are caught.
I might have it all wrong and they are indeed in the hinterland somewhere around Gillam or Bird making their way through the muskeg waiting for a polar bear to end it for them.. Nah, they want to be eventually caught for the notoriety and the short time they will serve for such a pre-meditated and heinous crime.

Rav4 burned on Monday, (RCMP knew it burned on Monday), we heard it Wednesday (RCMP chose to delay the release of such info for the sake of investigation). Even though we heard news with delay, the RCMP and the investigation is on time. RCMP is not stupid. They are good at such investigation.

If you look at the picture of the burning Rav4. It still showed the fire was on, which means it was taken on the same day (Monday) by RCMP.

https://images.radio-canada.ca/q_auto,w_960/v1/ici-info/16x9/voiture-brule-gillam-chasse-homme-kam-mcleod-bryer-schmegelsky-2.png

elker
07-26-2019, 01:30 AM
Really enjoyed your analysis, regardless right or wrong. It was informative.
Let us all play Sherlock Holmes for a while. We all know that each highway has cameras. I know it because I often choose different highway camera to watch on internet. Knowing the two young men first drove the pickup with camper on, then drove a RAV4 till Gillam, the rcmp should have reviewed these cameras and found their travel itinerary. After Gillam, especially after burning the RAV4, it is every one's guess. If Bryer's father did tell the truth, his son doesn't know how to drive, the the other young man Kam has been exhausted from driving. As well, knowing it's easy to be stopped on the long rural highway, they might have picked a trapper cabin to rest and reload

boxhitch
07-26-2019, 06:11 AM
How do you know it's a RCMP photo? How do you know the RCMP were aware of it on Monday?
Which ferry did they use to come off Island? Hardy to Rupert or a southern ferry, Nanaimo to North Van or Shwartz?
My understanding is that they used the northern ferry. That makes a logical assumption that they went up Hwy 37, making Mr. Dyck their first victim, most likely late on the 13th or early 14th. They burn their truck.
The bodies of the couple are discovered on the 15th, again likely making the crime late on the 14th.
There is confusion with regard to persons of interest in the slaying of the couple.
On the 19th, the burnt out truck is discovered along with the discovery of Mr. Dyck's corpse. The boys are still considered missing and unaccounted.
The guy at the store in Dease Lake gives them coffee, but I think he got his days mixed up. Nevertheless, gives the suspects a 4 day head start. At some point, there is video evidence that they were in Meadow Lake on the 21st. It is 1666 km from Laird Hot Springs to Meadow Lake, about 18 hours driving time. It did not take them a week to go from Laird Hot Springs to Meadow Lake even if they went through Edmonton which would be 100 km longer. I suspect that they were in Meadow Lake on the 17th and may have dropped down to Wynyard where Schmegelsky's mom lives for a short visit. (She would likely have no idea what they were up to.) Most likely though, they bypassed Wynyard and went directly toward Gillam arriving around the 19th, (coincidentally the day that their burnt truck is discovered).
Along the way, they picked up another vehicle and there may be more victims. Lots of remote farms in that part of Saskatchewan that not hearing from someone for a longer time would not be unusual.
S.W.A.T. asked, "Why Gillam?" It's subterfuge, deceit. They dump the Rav4, setting it on fire. The picture of the Rav4 burning was most likely taken by a local and then later provided to the RCMP who issued it to media.
They hurry back the way they came backtracking down to The Pas and heading due south from there to the intersection of Hwys 10 and 60. I'd bet on Hwy 60.
This is a game for them. They probably had been planning this for quite a long time. The only thing in question would be who their victims would be as it would be random. Their intent is to go and go until they are caught.
I might have it all wrong and they are indeed in the hinterland somewhere around Gillam or Bird making their way through the muskeg waiting for a polar bear to end it for them.. Nah, they want to be eventually caught for the notoriety and the short time they will serve for such a pre-meditated and heinous crime.Except the couple near Liard was the 15th, the two punks were spotted in Jade City on the 18th and the truck on the side of the highway was spotted on the 19th, the one dead on the same day. Then suspects spotted in Meadow Lake on the 21st, 2100 km 24 hr solid drive
Not unrealistic to follow that path at all, and likely more pics of the Dodge/camper unit will show up elsewhere. Info on where the Rav 4 came from will help the route mapping.

elker
07-26-2019, 06:58 AM
deleted for error

rocksteady
07-26-2019, 12:42 PM
Unfortunately i dont think it will end well for these 2 young guys.. prison or a shootout..

Linksman313
07-26-2019, 02:30 PM
Via Rail Train runs in and out of Gillam, would be easy to hop it inconspicuously going north or south before RCMP knew they were in the area (Burnt Rav4)? Just an alternative mode of transportation. I hesitate to give their intelligence and pre-conscious planning too much credit, but on the other hand desperate kids make mistakes, these two have not been apprehended yet, God willing they are before too much carnage insues.

07-26-2019, 02:41 PM
They were spotted in Meadow Lake Saskatchewan today - they are on film

dodge456
07-26-2019, 02:52 PM

The Manitoba RCMP has since said that video footage is from July 21st, just more of it than was previously released.

IronNoggin
07-26-2019, 02:52 PM

Nope. That video is from the 21ist. A day before the burned out SUV appeared...

Nog

DeepJeep
07-26-2019, 02:56 PM
Police is asking if someone may have inadvertently helped them out of Gillam not knowing who they were. They could have changed their appearance etc.... Not a whole lot of roads there though, it appears... So road blocks should take care of inadvertent help via hitch hiking scenario

ACE
07-26-2019, 03:06 PM
​Suicide x2 ?

07-26-2019, 03:10 PM
Nope. That video is from the 21ist. A day before the burned out SUV appeared...

Nog

Ah, ok. It just showed up on my news feed today!!

albravo2
07-26-2019, 03:52 PM
I suspect the RCMP are just letting them stew in the bugs for a couple days to force them out.

Mosin
07-26-2019, 04:19 PM
I suspect the RCMP are just letting them stew in the bugs for a couple days to force them out.

Exactly what I was thinking, why risk walking into an ambush and risk getting shot when the pair will eventually get thirsty, hungry, bitten by bugs. The thing that makes me wonder is how well kept they were in the surveillance video, clothes are clean, faces shaved , don't have a old sweat on them, hair combed. The look super relaxed.

steel_ram
07-26-2019, 04:38 PM
Just watch for the Ravens. Two internet trained 'operators's playing army, lost in the bug infested bush.

srupp
07-26-2019, 04:52 PM
Hmmm im not sure they are brave enough to take their own lives..I think they will give up at some stage..or suicide by COP. .
bizzare abd troubling
srupp

Jagermeister
07-26-2019, 06:02 PM
As for highway cams, BC, AB, SK and MB. The images are not live, updated every couple of minutes. A lot of traffic goes by in that time span that is not seen.

180grainer
07-26-2019, 06:07 PM
Wonder what started all this? Where did the kid get the gun?

leadpillproductions
07-26-2019, 07:58 PM
Im betting the 2 chicken shits are already dead murder suicide

Bustercluck
07-26-2019, 08:20 PM
My bet is they stole another vehicle long before they got to Manitoba. Drove both vehicles there, burned one and let the Mounties think they left on foot and then took off somewhere else.

wildcatter
07-26-2019, 08:21 PM
Exactly what I was thinking, why risk walking into an ambush and risk getting shot when the pair will eventually get thirsty, hungry, bitten by bugs. The thing that makes me wonder is how well kept they were in the surveillance video, clothes are clean, faces shaved , don't have a old sweat on them, hair combed. The look super relaxed.

That struck me as well, don't look like serial killers to me.

338win mag
07-26-2019, 08:31 PM
They are probably not in Manitoba, I hope they suck on their rifle barrels.

Mosin
07-26-2019, 10:22 PM
My bet is they stole another vehicle long before they got to Manitoba. Drove both vehicles there, burned one and let the Mounties think they left on foot and then took off somewhere else.

I'm on the same thought pattern as you. I wouldn't just write them off as "internet trained army boys". They have demonstrated what they are capable of already. I really really hope they don't kill more people as they run. I also hope the gun is their only weapon, you never know, these Google kids could of looked up booby traps and explosives god forbid. I read their Facebook accounts have been deleted, the cops say they don't have the capability to delete accounts. I wonder if these guys have phones not under their name to update themselves on the net as to how the pursuit is going. I wonder who erased their Facebook.

Spy
07-27-2019, 06:22 AM
This all smells fishy, remember no one is guilty until proven.

Redthies
07-27-2019, 08:24 AM
The thing that makes me wonder is how well kept they were in the surveillance video, clothes are clean, faces shaved , don't have a old sweat on them, hair combed. The look super relaxed.

They do look relaxed, that’s for sure. As to the clean shaven part, one has a beard (of sorts) and the other doesn’t look capable of even growing facial hair yet.

IronNoggin
07-27-2019, 02:07 PM
Canadian Forces approved to join air search for B.C. murder suspects

https://globalnews.ca/news/5687160/b-c-murder-suspects-rcmp-manhunt/

Downtown
07-27-2019, 03:50 PM
Finally they are getting the Military involved but as I mentioned before Aircraft alone wont cut it, they need some special Forces on the Ground and start hunting.

By the time they capture them Dead or Alive or suspend the search a lot of Taxpayers Money will have been spent (likely in the Millions) therefore it is in the Public's best interest this comes to a conclusion rater sooner the later. I suggest the RCMP should immediately offer a sizable Reward like 50 to 100 K. per Fugitive, perhaps this will speed things up.

The longer this thing drags on the less likely the Chance they will get caught and the more likely it will become that more innocent Persons living in remote Cabins gets Murdered for Supplies.

Cheers

mpotzold
07-27-2019, 05:46 PM
Jesse Taylor, a town employee(Gillam) & a hunter –views on guy’s chances of survival. Details the country perfectly!
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/this-dead-end-manitoba-town-is-the-perfect-place-to-get-caught-so-where-are-the-two-b-c-fugitives

mpotzold
07-27-2019, 09:27 PM
Latest
Today-Canada murder hunt: search for teen suspects leads only to polar bear
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/28/canada-hunt-polar-bear-found-search-for-teen-suspects

https://330pay2z6wxh3dnglq18hnqs-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/17879208_web1_polar-bear-manitoba.jpg

russm
07-27-2019, 11:17 PM
They’re probably both dead somewhere, murder/suicide, thenpics that were released make them look like basement dwelling video game types, probably got picked on online, got some quick “revenge” and panicked.

srupp
07-28-2019, 05:03 AM
Latest
Today-Canada murder hunt: search for teen suspects leads only to polar bear
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/28/canada-hunt-polar-bear-found-search-for-teen-suspects

https://330pay2z6wxh3dnglq18hnqs-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/17879208_web1_polar-bear-manitoba.jpg

Hmmmm oh the tip from the Fox first nation about a tall white guy on THEIR land.....was just a polar bear ?....bummer.
lol
Srupp

boxhitch
07-28-2019, 05:42 AM
My bet is they stole another vehicle long before they got to Manitoba. Drove both vehicles there, burned one and let the Mounties think they left on foot and then took off somewhere else.my thoughts too. These guys wanted to be seen in that store video, the burned Rav4 is just another game move. They will play this out as long as they can, just hope its not part of a larger grand scheme of a game with other members helping or encouraging.

RiverOtter
07-28-2019, 08:10 AM
The longer this goes, the more I think that there is family or friends involved; not in the murder part, but giving shelter and supplies so they can lay low.

Not unlike that freak that killed that girl in Armstrong a few years back. He fled to Ontario and his dad was helping him via payphone with updates, etc, while he hid out.

RiverOtter
07-28-2019, 08:14 AM
If they are moving around buying food, gas, supplies, while the country is on high alert and video cameras nearly everywhere, they're the luckiest guys on the planet.

They're either dead or holed up, but I very highly doubt they're in the bushes 'toughing' it out.

bcsteve
07-28-2019, 08:45 AM
The longer this goes, the more I think that there is family or friends involved; not in the murder part, but giving shelter and supplies so they can lay low.

Not unlike that freak that killed that girl in Armstrong a few years back. He fled to Ontario and his dad was helping him via payphone with updates, etc, while he hid out.
It’s in case of situations like that that the RCMP have to careful about the information they release. The public sometimes gets impatient and frustrated about the timely release of information but there’s usually a reason for it.

RiverOtter
07-28-2019, 09:30 AM

It’s in case of situations like that that the RCMP have to careful about the information they release. The public sometimes gets impatient and frustrated about the timely release of information but there’s usually a reason for it.
I get that, and I definitely agree. I was just thinking out loud, based on what's transpired to date.

elch jager
07-28-2019, 10:20 AM
That video looks like the boys are intentionally posing for the camera, making sure they recorded them in detail...
They are playing a game. Trying to outsmart and tease their pursuers. It will be really interesting to hear the full story when (if) they are caught.

I am baffled... now I wonder if they even did the killing. Maybe they are just running scared after some very strange coincidences put them in the wrong place and made them look guilty...?
This certainly is a strange case. The limited information released to the public just doesn't add up. Perhaps they are the decoys? Leading the keystone cops on a wild goose chase while the real killer(s) go in the opposite direction and the trail goes cold...? Maybe some of their friends from the special needs school are in on it?

Maybe that killer from the US that is on the loose up here?

Maybe the boys are actually in custody assisting in the investigation to find the real killer(s) - while the public is being fed false info in the hopes the real killer gets emboldened, lets their guard down and makes a mistake...?

Maybe... oh nevermind... I have a bunch of scenarios I have been running through.

scoutlt1
07-28-2019, 11:27 AM
I'm still puzzled about the pictures of the burnt Dodge in Dease Lake.

I'm no expert of course, but the roof doesn't look like it "collapsed" because of the fire, and there is no way the camper was on the truck when it burned.

I know it may not mean much, but sure is odd....

Lots of info not being passed on to the public (and maybe rightly so).

S.W.A.T.
07-28-2019, 11:33 AM
I'm still puzzled about the pictures of the burnt Dodge in Dease Lake.

I'm no expert of course, but the roof doesn't look like it "collapsed" because of the fire, and there is no way the camper was on the truck when it burned.

I know it may not mean much, but sure is odd....

Lots of info not being passed on to the public (and maybe rightly so).

Burned camper was found at a different location but not far away.

Many questions, few answers at this point

SSG-man
07-28-2019, 11:33 AM
If the camper overhangs the roof of truck and when it burnt it melted the tin roof?

scoutlt1
07-28-2019, 11:42 AM

Ok thanks......missed that!

S.W.A.T.
07-28-2019, 12:08 PM
Something I am finding very interesting is that its been 5 days now without any new information and this is quickly becoming old news, 3rd and 4th headlines on most Canadian networks now.

Norwestalta
07-28-2019, 12:39 PM
With the public not knowing where these guys could be and the possibility that there is others with the same ideas as these guys I've been training the wife on the AR for home and personal defence. If the situation arises I hope she'll the fortitude to use it.

mpotzold
07-28-2019, 02:47 PM
Something I am finding very interesting is that its been 5 days now without any new information and this is quickly becoming old news, 3rd and 4th headlines on most Canadian networks now.

Latest-hard to believe -no signs for 5 days.

https://twitter.com/rcmpmb/status/1155575782854529024/photo/1
Don’t underestimate a determined person/s . Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re still trekking it through the wilderness-probably wearing all camo, having plenty of dried food & preventing a smoky fire.
They may be in Ont. Already. Don’t think they’re suicidal type.

Remembering
Albert Johnson, known as the Mad Trapper of Rat River, was a murderer and a fugitive from the largest manhunt in the history of Canada, leading a posse of Mounties through the Arctic on a six week, winter wilderness chase in 1932.
https://tundranorthtours.com/blog/largest-manhunt-canadas-history-story-mad-trapper/

srupp
07-28-2019, 02:57 PM
Hmmm mad trapper of rat river..now that brings up an incredible display of survival, strength 100# pack over the mountain peaks in winter..still a killer..these guys havnt displayed anything noteworthy. .and still alleged killers.
srupp

scoutlt1
07-28-2019, 03:08 PM
I have no doubt that they are "determined", but there are some (most/many?) of us on here who know what life is like after numerous days in the bush. It's shitty in so many ways!!

With limited supplies, one had best be very experienced in survival. Teenagers these days, who (apparently) spend much of their time gaming, most likely, are not.

Again, I have no effing idea.....but I seriously doubt they out there in the woods.

Holed up in a cabin that has food/water etc??? Possible...

rocksteady
07-28-2019, 03:30 PM

Not that it matters but i believe truck and camper were burned together..

RiverOtter
07-28-2019, 04:01 PM
No offence, but comparing these clowns to Albert Johnson, (aka) The Mad Trapper of Rat River, is absolutely ridiculous. That dude had some serious skills and was a freak of nature in bush craft.

A Michael Oros would be compatible to Johnson, but few others, at least as far as outlaws.

Foxton Gundogs
07-28-2019, 04:19 PM
Claude Dallas would rank up there wit AJ

huntcoop
07-28-2019, 04:22 PM
Not that it matters but i believe truck and camper were burned together..

By the looks of the pictures you sure?

jac
07-28-2019, 04:57 PM
I watched a documentary on prime or Netflix about the mad trapper. I think some of the nights he was on the run with little supplies it was like -50c. That’s a lot different to July in Manitoba. I’m sure that mad trapper was a piece of sh$& but he was must of been skilled and tough to nearly escape men with dog sleds.

I really wonder if these guys have changed there identity and are in a total different area.

marshman,
07-28-2019, 05:34 PM
I have no doubt that they are "determined", but there are some (most/many?) of us on here who know what life is like after numerous days in the bush. It's shitty in so many ways!!

With limited supplies, one had best be very experienced in survival. Teenagers these days, who (apparently) spend much of their time gaming, most likely, are not.

Again, I have no effing idea.....but I seriously doubt they out there in the woods.

Holed up in a cabin that has food/water etc??? Possible...
And internet!

Bustercluck
07-28-2019, 05:45 PM
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/rcmp-searching-york-landing-man-for-b-c-fugitives-1.5228418

possible sighting near a landfill...

Redthies
07-28-2019, 05:53 PM
By the looks of the pictures you sure?

All the crap in the camper would burn VERY HOT, the fibreglass shell included. The RCMP apparently pulled the debris that was left in the bed out to sift it. You can see the debris on the tarps in some of the early pics. Such a waste of a 12 valve! Nobody was suspicious of them or their vehicle until it was found burned, and they were thought to be victims themselves.

srupp
07-28-2019, 06:29 PM
Hmmmm methinks pretty desperate. ..seeking food at a landfill..? This should jump start the police attempt to tighten the noose. ..also speaks to their situation..not only their potential location.
srupp

Jagermeister
07-28-2019, 07:05 PM
Breaking news 1 hour ago.
If we are to believe this, it appears that "law enforcement" has caught up to the wayward duo.
https://www.spencerfernando.com/2019/07/28/breaking-unconfirmed-reports-say-shots-fired-in-york-landing-some-say-suspects-surrounded-or-caught/

mpotzold
07-28-2019, 10:33 PM
Hmmm mad trapper of rat river..now that brings up an incredible display of survival, strength 100# pack over the mountain peaks in winter..still a killer..these guys havnt displayed anything noteworthy. .and still alleged killers.
srupp

The suspects have been on the loose for quite some time evading capture.
In Manitoba the RCMP had asked for military help. Planes, helicopters & drones have been/are used- all to no avail so far.

Remember in the 60's having a beer in Dawson City's original gold rush bar. The old timers invited me to their table & eventually the "mad trapper" story came up.
First time I heard about Albert Johnson.
According to them AJ was invincible only to be stopped because of a plane & radio communications.

Read that the RCMP also had native & military help trying to track & capture AJ.

Interesting
http://clioscurrent.com/blog/2014/3/24/the-hunt-for-the-mad-trapper-of-rat-river

Norwestalta
07-29-2019, 09:30 AM
I sure have to wonder what goes thru the one fathers head. Instead of trying to bring a peaceful ending for his son and perhaps showing some compassion to the victims family he is writing a book. Seems to me he should be guilty by association at the very least shot with a ball of his own shit.

S.W.A.T.
07-29-2019, 09:33 AM
Big media doesn't seem to be rolling with the shots fired story

Hublocker
07-29-2019, 09:40 AM
Big media doesn't seem to be rolling with the shots fired story

Probably because its based on unsubstantiated Facebook rumour mongering.

Yes, the search appears to be focused on York Landing Manitoba because of an apparent sighting.

Anything else..........well anybody can say anything on Facebook.

"vigilante locals have gone searching with guns" sure.

From RCMP Manitoba:

RCMP Manitoba‏Verified account @rcmpmb (https://twitter.com/rcmpmb) 9m9 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/rcmpmb/status/1155879207521660929)

Officers searched the York Landing area throughout the night and continue their efforts today. The Royal Canadian Air Force is also assisting today with the search.

quadrakid
07-29-2019, 01:09 PM
the media is taking advantage of the father,who suffers from mental illness. |They should be ashamed of themselves.

mpotzold
07-29-2019, 01:42 PM
It's been over a day since the Bear Clan Patrol supposedly saw a couple people that looked like the suspects.
Immediately thereafter the police, the army, navy, air force & whoever/whatever, have been scouring the small area without success!

Wow! What does it take to catch a couple of guys on the run on foot!
Maybe we should ask the US for help.:mrgreen:

The entire story so far is one big mystery!:confused::confused:

fuzzybiscuit
07-29-2019, 02:30 PM
The more time goes by the less it looks like anyone from the Bear Clan Patrol actually saw anything... I mean, how hard could it be to find a couple guys in the middle of nowhere a few hours after they were spotted. They would have been easy to spot from a helicopter last night with infrared.

It’s a great way to show the world though that the Manitoba government has reduced funding for the Bear Clan Patrol in the last few years...

https://www.thestar.com/vancouver/2019/07/29/manhunt-continues-police-using-all-possible-resources-in-york-landing.html

Excerpt from the article:

“It is unfortunate that we do not have a strong First Nations police force in our Manitoba First Nations communities, which is due to the Manitoba government withholding adequate funding in recent years,” Acting Grand Chief Sheldon Kent said in the statement. “Yet we are thankful for the Bear Clan Patrol, for their willingness to fill in this gap that the province created.”

elker
07-29-2019, 02:47 PM
The more time goes by the less it looks like anyone from the Bear Clan Patrol actually saw anything... I mean, how hard could it be to find a couple guys in the middle of nowhere a few hours after they were spotted. They would have been easy to spot from a helicopter last night with infrared.

It’s a great way to show the world though that the Manitoba government has reduced funding for the Bear Clan Patrol in the last few years...

https://www.thestar.com/vancouver/2019/07/29/manhunt-continues-police-using-all-possible-resources-in-york-landing.html

Excerpt from the article:

“It is unfortunate that we do not have a strong First Nations police force in our Manitoba First Nations communities, which is due to the Manitoba government withholding adequate funding in recent years,” Acting Grand Chief Sheldon Kent said in the statement. “Yet we are thankful for the Bear Clan Patrol, for their willingness to fill in this gap that the province created.”

I had the doubt the first time I read the news. A group of guys from Winnipeg, the first day they "joined" the search, and they spot the suspicious young men!! Yeah, they are trained to be a perfect tracker, aren't they?
Bear Clan or Bear Clown?

Laurp99
07-29-2019, 03:07 PM

I'm certain if it was in fact the two fugitives they would have been shot or captured by now, the Military and RCMP would have surrounded that area with no hope of escape. Well over 200 tips and absolutely nothing! I wouldn't have called anything in unless I was 100% certain it was them, this stuff is made for Hollywood. This just get more bizarre as time goes by.

bankshot
07-29-2019, 03:20 PM
I'd like to know which video games these kids were playing cause they've obviously learned some escape and evasion tactics from one of them. How many tens of millions is the C130 with the thermal imaging systems worth that's presently hunting these two, not to mention all the other resources out there now.

silveragent
07-29-2019, 03:28 PM
Or they could already be dead / injured / stuck and that is why their movements aren't showing up.

BRvalley
07-29-2019, 03:54 PM
This was the first I heard of this:

Band constables stopped two young men suspected in three Northern B.C. murders as they drove through the Manitoba (https://globalnews.ca/tag/Manitoba) reserve of the Tataskweyak Cree Nation, Coun. Nathan Neckoway told Global News.

Neckoway said the pair was stopped during a routine check for alcohol — a common check since his is a dry community. The constables didn’t find anything amiss, reportedly, and the pair was let go.

We weren’t aware of their status, of them being wanted,” Neckoway said. “Apparently after they came to our community that’s when they sent out that wanted [status].”

https://globalnews.ca/news/5697042/rcmp-manhunt-bc-murder-york-landing/

fuzzybiscuit
07-29-2019, 04:02 PM
That wonderful tidbit of info just came out today. They had them but didn’t know it...

Linksman313
07-29-2019, 04:15 PM
More on the hapless RCMP Constable from Tataskweyak Cree Nation

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/exclusive-i-should-have-done-something-rcmp-officer-says-he-let-fugitives-slip-through-his-fingers-after-they-blew-through-a-police-checkpoint/ar-AAF1Xyq?ocid=spartanntp_edu

According to the Global news report, "The constables didn't find anything amiss" in above report the outlaws ran the "road block" and were stopped down the road a ways - something amiss anyone?

In possession of a vehicle stolen from an individual found deceased nearly a week prior - Sorry didn't get the memo??

Also interesting bit about the "RCMP Constables" in plain clothing driving RCMP vehicles performing a road block??
Don't we have enough uniforms to go around, what happens when approached by said officer without their vehicle or any ID on their clothing? What would my reaction be? Hmmm

Now I get it the poor SOB Mountie is probably so flustered by the media attention/microphones in their face that they may struggle to keep the story straight
This gets more and more bizarre by the minute

S.W.A.T.
07-29-2019, 04:38 PM
They are keepers of the land, not the law

RiverOtter
07-29-2019, 04:41 PM
IME, a traffic stop that requires a vehicle to be pursued and pulled over for even a minor infraction is always followed by, "License and registration."

Blowing through a road block???
If I was that constable, I think I would have kept that little jewel to myself.

fuzzybiscuit
07-29-2019, 04:54 PM
IME, a traffic stop that requires a vehicle to be pursued and pulled over for even a minor infraction is always followed by, "License and registration."

Blowing through a road block???
If I was that constable, I think I would have kept that little jewel to myself.

They were stopped by band constables, not RCMP. Maybe it’s just another attempt to get more funding. It would be interesting to know if they came forward with that info before or only after the RAV4 was found and it was confirmed that it was tied to the two suspected murderers.