PDA

View Full Version : Venting time

BStrachan
07-16-2019, 06:26 PM
Must be in a bad mood but a guy I know posted pictures of him sitting by very young deer with his his two native kids ( he is white ) dead saying it's time to manage the land. He is divorced.
Just pissed me off!
Thank you

wildcatter
07-16-2019, 06:33 PM
Sounds like he needs some good old fashioned "managing" if you know what I mean.

BStrachan
07-16-2019, 06:44 PM
Sounds like he needs some good old fashioned "managing" if you know what I mean.

He messaged me cause I posted on his post saying how can you kill a deer when it's not even hunting season? I know your kids are Native but?

He replied saying he was adopted in 20 years ago and was now native and has over 1000 acres he needs to manage.
****ing bullshit

silvertipp
07-16-2019, 06:47 PM
You should ask him what his management plans are and how shooting this animal fits in his plan
what a crock of shit

BStrachan
07-16-2019, 06:56 PM
He says he takes 3-5 deer a week...such bullshit and does from what I've seen. Find it very hard to believe.

Ride Red
07-16-2019, 07:08 PM
Call RAPP, call the news and make it public on social media.
Post up a link.

BStrachan
07-16-2019, 07:18 PM
Call RAPP, call the news and make it public on social media.
Post up a link.

Just finished talking to a friend who teaches the CORE and the PAL he says it's very suspicious never heard of a white guy being adopted into the native culture and given status.
I'm reporting tonight online. If I'm wrong and it's legal fine but if not hope he loses everything

IslandWanderer
07-16-2019, 07:48 PM
If it's legal, what's the problem?

Don't I always read posts on this site expressing that hunters need to be united?

BStrachan
07-16-2019, 08:01 PM

Don't I always read posts on this site expressing that hunters need to be united?

There is no problem if it's legal but that's the problem I dont know if it's legal. The guy is white kids are native says he kills 3 to 5 deer a week...how does that seem legal??

IslandWanderer
07-16-2019, 08:03 PM
There is no problem if it's legal but that's the problem I dont know if it's legal. The guy is white kids are native says he kills 3 to 5 deer a week...how does that seem legal??

Could you ask him? If it doesn't seem legit, you could call rapp.

BStrachan
07-16-2019, 08:09 PM

Soon as I said I find it hard to believe that he can take 3 to 5 deer a week and does to boot oh bang he blocked me from messaging him. He stated he doesnt need to explain to me or defend what he is allowed to do.
I filed a report with RAPP

BStrachan
07-16-2019, 08:11 PM

Islandwanderer are you aware of any corn fields on the Island? I cant think of any or recall seeing any

IslandWanderer
07-16-2019, 08:14 PM
Saanich Penninsula has lots. Early crop this year too.

IslandWanderer
07-16-2019, 08:17 PM
Soon as I said I find it hard to believe that he can take 3 to 5 deer a week and does to boot oh bang he blocked me from messaging him. He stated he doesnt need to explain to me or defend what he is allowed to do.
I filed a report with RAPP

Good call. I'm sure it was uncomfortable to ask him, but sounds like you did what you could to clarify the situation.

BStrachan
07-16-2019, 08:23 PM
Good call. I'm sure it was uncomfortable to ask him, but sounds like you did what you could to clarify the situation.

Friend of mine again from LadySmith who teaches the PAL and CORE course reported the same guy for having a picture of his 8 year old holding a postal and they weren't at the range.

limit time
07-16-2019, 08:32 PM
Just finished talking to a friend who teaches the CORE and the PAL he says it's very suspicious never heard of a white guy being adopted into the native culture and given status.
I'm reporting tonight online. If I'm wrong and it's legal fine but if not hope he loses everything
Yes it can happen. My grandpas band will let you in but only for good reason and yes they can grant you status. This will only allow you to hunt on the band land.

*******I just talked to my grandpa. I was wrong... can only get status with native blood in the veins . Bands differ to what percent is needed to be “status” member. But he did say on FN governed land he can hunt as long as the elders and council allow it.******

limit time
07-16-2019, 08:33 PM
Friend of mine again from LadySmith who teaches the PAL and CORE course reported the same guy for having a picture of his 8 year old holding a postal and they weren't at the range.
I’m guessing pistol? Hey, if it’s the FN land and they govern themselves?? Why not ?

IslandWanderer
07-16-2019, 08:40 PM

Sounds like this fellow might be a wingnut.

BStrachan
07-16-2019, 08:47 PM
Sounds like this fellow might be a wingnut.

Yup I believe you are correct my friend.
Where are you located on the Island?
I'm in Nanaimo but hunt North of CR

silvertipp
07-16-2019, 08:55 PM

Do you ever think about what you are saying
God dam you are ignorant
it is in unethical for starters
and if he is truly shooting two to three deer a week
he is selling it or wasting it
nobody can eat that much
just because it is legal does not make it right
obviously he is taking advantage of a failing system

IslandWanderer
07-16-2019, 09:02 PM
Yup I believe you are correct my friend.
Where are you located on the Island?
I'm in Nanaimo but hunt North of CR

Victoria, but we mostly hunt nitinat out towards Bamfield, as well as west of P Hardy twice a year. We being my 10 year old son and I.

IslandWanderer
07-16-2019, 09:04 PM
Do you ever think about what you are saying
God dam you are ignorant
it is in unethical for starters
and if he is truly shooting two to three deer a week
he is selling it or wasting it
nobody can eat that much

I do think about it, and I of course agree with you.

I was making a point. Folks who've read the 'support my friend' thread might see what I was getting at.

RiverOtter
07-16-2019, 10:30 PM
I tried to find the law stating that your kid could NOT HOLD a handgun while in the presence of the legal owner of said handgun.

I get that you need to be at an approved range to discharge one, but that doesn't seem to be the case in your description.

RiverOtter
07-16-2019, 10:31 PM
Obviously I'm assuming they were in the house where the handgun is registered to be stored.

StuBrown
07-16-2019, 10:55 PM
I have researhed this a lot. I can tell you that every part of this sounds illegal. A first nations person with a legal status card on their OWN territory can do whatever they want. A non first nations person is not allowed to be a part of the hunt in anyway on a First Nations food hunt. The only way you can is if you are blind folded and speak nothing of hunting at all.

During the regular season first nations do not need to buy tags or a licence. Their status card counts as all of that and a non first nations person can hunt with them.

There is no such thing as a granted status. Even a step father is NOT allowed to take status children out. If a status first nations is out on a food hunt and you are driving buy and they ask for help lifting it into the truck that is ILLEGAL.

BStrachan
07-16-2019, 11:00 PM
Obviously I'm assuming they were in the house where the handgun is registered to be stored.

The picture is of the guys son standing on a dirt road pointing a pistol. The law states the pistol can only be transported from your house to the gun range as you already know

RiverOtter
07-16-2019, 11:23 PM
The picture is of the guys son standing on a dirt road pointing a pistol. The law states the pistol can only be transported from your house to the gun range as you already know
That makes sense; the dirt road part was missing in your other post.

Jagermeister
07-17-2019, 01:29 AM
I'm reporting tonight online. If I'm wrong and it's legal fine but if not hope he loses everythingI'm afraid that it has become a practice of late. Native bands can bestow status at their discretion. Sometimes those that would be entitles are denied, other times those who should be denied are entitled. Nevertheless, most are "watered-down" and I doubt that there is a full blood south of the 60th parallel.

BStrachan
07-17-2019, 01:44 AM
That makes sense; the dirt road part was missing in your other post.

Sorry Riverotter

BStrachan
07-17-2019, 01:46 AM
I'm afraid that it has become a practice of late. Native bands can bestow status at their discretion. Sometimes those that would be entitles are denied, other times those who should be denied are entitled. Nevertheless, most are "watered-down" and I doubt that there is a full blood south of the 60th parallel.

Thing I've known this guy since I was a kid and he 100 percent white so that is why I'm confused as to how he can go and shoot deer whenever he wants. Oh well I'll see what comes of my RAPP report.

Weatherby Fan
07-17-2019, 04:42 AM
I don’t agree with the situation you describe in any way shape or form but I have done quite a bit of reading on and about what is a First Nation and what are the rights as a First Nation Person ?

So if I’m reading it correctly it states that they are a Nation (Country) within Canada and can govern themselves as they see fit, ie- make their own rules and laws, this is why Conservation Officers pretty much wash their hands of anything they do as we in most cases see as illegal,

This is why they must be consulted in every decision the Canadian Government makes ie- Trans Mountain Pipeline so in short they are a Country within a Country and can do whatever they want with no repercussions from our Canadian government.

The Supreme Court of Canada has made this ruling in several different rulings and in doing so has pretty much ruined this Country we know as Canada,

I’m not sure how many First Nations ( or bands ) are within Canada but they are all describing themselves as individual Nations (Countries) and again govern themselves as they see fit so this is why you have for example - a group of Chiefs representing 10 or so bands wanting to push and purchase The Trans Mountain Pipeline through and another bunch opposed to it ?
This is the reason the snivelling wimp we call a Prime Minister is apologizing and cowtowing to them at pretty much every press conference, ie- saying if the TM Pipeline goes through First Nations could own 50% 75% or even a 100% of the TM Pipeline......as well as your elected Provincial and Municipal officials doing the same shit daily.

This is why they can have road blocks during hunting season which they deem legal in their Nation and we see as illegal in our Province/Country

So yeh in short this Country is completely phucked and these situations will only get worse ALOT WORSE as time goes on as there is no way you can Govern a Country like this.........

Just take the Moose Population in parts of B.C. for example, we see it in crisis and needs immediate attention through limited opportunity or complete closures, Predator control and enhancement and some bands continue to harvest cows, calves and bulls 24/7/365 for sustenance and ceremonial purposes....the biologists in B.C. must beat their heads against the wall trying to manage animals in crisis when you have no control on harvest rates ???

LegerSmash
07-17-2019, 06:43 AM
Geez, 3-5 a week? I haven't even managed to get my first.

Spy
07-17-2019, 07:44 AM
Ever thought they might have a permit on said land,that would explain much...

Redthies
07-17-2019, 08:12 AM
He replied saying he was adopted in 20 years ago and was now native and has over 1000 acres he needs to manage.
****ing bullshit

He says he takes 3-5 deer a week...such bullshit and does from what I've seen. Find it very hard to believe.

I wouldn’t sweat it. If he’s pulling 150-250 deer per year off of a single 1000 acre plot, he’ll soon run out of things to “manage”.

I would like to “ceremonially” smack some people up side of the head with a cast iron pan sometimes...

BStrachan
07-17-2019, 11:48 AM
I don’t agree with the situation you describe in any way shape or form but I have done quite a bit of reading on and about what is a First Nation and what are the rights as a First Nation Person ?

So if I’m reading it correctly it states that they are a Nation (Country) within Canada and can govern themselves as they see fit, ie- make their own rules and laws, this is why Conservation Officers pretty much wash their hands of anything they do as we in most cases see as illegal,

This is why they must be consulted in every decision the Canadian Government makes ie- Trans Mountain Pipeline so in short they are a Country within a Country and can do whatever they want with no repercussions from our Canadian government.

The Supreme Court of Canada has made this ruling in several different rulings and in doing so has pretty much ruined this Country we know as Canada,

I’m not sure how many First Nations ( or bands ) are within Canada but they are all describing themselves as individual Nations (Countries) and again govern themselves as they see fit so this is why you have for example - a group of Chiefs representing 10 or so bands wanting to push and purchase The Trans Mountain Pipeline through and another bunch opposed to it ?
This is the reason the snivelling wimp we call a Prime Minister is apologizing and cowtowing to them at pretty much every press conference, ie- saying if the TM Pipeline goes through First Nations could own 50% 75% or even a 100% of the TM Pipeline......as well as your elected Provincial and Municipal officials doing the same shit daily.

This is why they can have road blocks during hunting season which they deem legal in their Nation and we see as illegal in our Province/Country

So yeh in short this Country is completely phucked and these situations will only get worse ALOT WORSE as time goes on as there is no way you can Govern a Country like this.........

Just take the Moose Population in parts of B.C. for example, we see it in crisis and needs immediate attention through limited opportunity or complete closures, Predator control and enhancement and some bands continue to harvest cows, calves and bulls 24/7/365 for sustenance and ceremonial purposes....the biologists in B.C. must beat their heads against the wall trying to manage animals in crisis when you have no control on harvest rates ???

Thanks for that information. Goid to know. What pisses me off is this guy is not a native doesnt live on the reserve. He was married to a native had two kids got a divorce.
I'm confused as I have never heard of any native bands adopting a white and giving him status. Especially in Nanaimo!!!
I hope I hear back from whomever deals with the RAPP reports soon.
I lost a old friend over this but I firmly believe in legal hunting and not killing young does. 3 to 5 a week is bullshit!!

BStrachan
07-17-2019, 11:51 AM
Ever thought they might have a permit on said land,that would explain much...

They might not sure doubt it as it's a farmers land he says he manages. He is white non native!!! He shouldnt be allowed to use his native kids or half breeds as he calls them to get game meat...

BStrachan
07-17-2019, 11:56 AM
Geez, 3-5 a week? I haven't even managed to get my first.

I know right!? I've known this guy for 30 plus years and he has been posting pics on his fb page for a few years now and I finally had enough.
I spoke to a good friend of mine who teaches the CORE and PAL courses.
He said it seems very fishy. So I called my ex friend out on it and bang he lost his shit on me blocked me on fb message.
One friend down but I believe in legal hunting and I feel what he is doing wrong!!

Dash
07-17-2019, 12:24 PM

This. Legalities aside, (I'll admit I'm completely unversed on the topic) his behavior is beyond unethical and disgusting.

Good for you BStrachan for asking the questions and doing what you think is right. If they couldn't tolerate the questions and chose to end your friendship like that, then it doesn't sound like that bad of a loss imo.

BStrachan
07-17-2019, 12:36 PM
This. Legalities aside, (I'll admin I'm completely unversed on the topic) his behavior is beyond unethical and disgusting.

Good for you BStrachan for asking the questions and doing what you think is right. If they couldn't tolerate the questions and chose to end your friendship like that, then it doesn't sound like that bad of a loss imo.

Thanks for the support man. I've never been in this situation as a new hunter only been at it for 4 years without a single shot! But I love being out there such an adventure.
Maybe he is allowed but I need to know as the poor deer he is taking are very young some ivč seen are 2 points but mostly spikers and always says it's a head shot and it's his boy who shoots them..I call bullshit.
Thank you again..Friends come and go

Redthies
07-17-2019, 12:41 PM
Is his fb page public? If so, you could accidentally post his name here so we can shame him mercilessly;)

Mosin
07-17-2019, 02:30 PM

So instead of quietly passing on the pic and his info to a CO you decide to talk about it here? Cause we are gonna be able to give you accurate info right?

Mosin
07-17-2019, 02:39 PM
They might not sure doubt it as it's a farmers land he says he manages. He is white non native!!! He shouldnt be allowed to use his native kids or half breeds as he calls them to get game meat...

Chill...you fellow white man gets a free ticket and your hating on him lol one country one law as you say, there one by one maybe all of you will shoot 3-5 deer a week(he ain't shooting that many a week anyway)

Ride Red
07-17-2019, 03:15 PM
I know right!? I've known this guy for 30 plus years and he has been posting pics on his fb page for a few years now and I finally had enough.
I spoke to a good friend of mine who teaches the CORE and PAL courses.
He said it seems very fishy. So I called my ex friend out on it and bang he lost his shit on me blocked me on fb message.
One friend down but I believe in legal hunting and I feel what he is doing wrong!!

You've done the right thing. If he's really doing what he's posting, then he's a POS and should be dealt with under the law. Good on you for taking the high road and cutting this guy as a friend.

Ride Red
07-17-2019, 03:18 PM
So instead of quietly passing on the pic and his info to a CO you decide to talk about it here? Cause we are gonna be able to give you accurate info right?

Isn't this what a forum is for; conversation, support, information?

45freezer
07-17-2019, 03:26 PM
Isn't this what a forum is for; conversation, support, information?

You must be new here! ;) :lol:

limit time
07-17-2019, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the support man. I've never been in this situation as a new hunter only been at it for 4 years without a single shot! But I love being out there such an adventure.
Maybe he is allowed but I need to know as the poor deer he is taking are very young some ivč seen are 2 points but mostly spikers and always says it's a head shot and it's his boy who shoots them..I call bullshit.
Thank you again..Friends come and go
I guess I’m a piece of crap to..... I shoot spikers and two point also.... is that what bugs you the most about this ?

RiverOtter
07-17-2019, 03:49 PM
^^^Might wanna read the whole thread before jumping in.

limit time
07-17-2019, 03:51 PM
I’ve posted before...

BStrachan
07-17-2019, 06:21 PM
I guess I’m a piece of crap to..... I shoot spikers and two point also.... is that what bugs you the most about this ?

Umm no not at all. It's that he is WHITE and says he was allocated in to the native ways and now has status

BStrachan
07-17-2019, 06:23 PM
So relax sit down and have a beer before saying you are a piece of crap. Cause I'm pretty sure your a nice guy who got amped up over my comment on spikers and 2 points. I have no problem with that. I put it in there cause that's all he shows very small deer does and spikers.

Also he claimed his son shoots them all at 200 plus yards and seems to be head shots every single time

BStrachan
07-17-2019, 06:31 PM
^^^Might wanna read the whole thread before jumping in.

Thanks Riverotter

Ron.C
07-17-2019, 06:43 PM
So relax sit down and have a beer before saying you are a piece of crap. Cause I'm pretty sure your a nice guy who got amped up over my comment on spikers and 2 points. I have no problem with that. I put it in there cause that's all he shows very small deer does and spikers.

Also he claimed his son shoots them all at 200 plus yards and seems to be head shots every single time

If I were to hazard a guess, this guy is full of @#$% for the most part. I'd definitley report him to RAPP as you have concerns he breaking the law but from what youve posted, he seems to be an attention whore. Report him and move on.

BStrachan
07-17-2019, 06:56 PM
If I were to hazard a guess, this guy is full of @#$% for the most part. I'd definitley report him to RAPP as you have concerns he breaking the law but from what youve posted, he seems to be an attention whore. Report him and move on.

Ron.C I've done just that last night. Not sure the process once you report the concern. Do the Cos contact you or not?

BStrachan
07-17-2019, 06:59 PM
Chill...you fellow white man gets a free ticket and your hating on him lol one country one law as you say, there one by one maybe all of you will shoot 3-5 deer a week(he ain't shooting that many a week anyway)

He is white not native and how do you know he isnt shooting that many a week? Ya I call bullshit but we dont have a free ride..The natives do thank yo.

SSG-man
07-17-2019, 07:00 PM
Hopefully he posts pics of some fawns with spots still.
That will be the end of that.

BStrachan
07-17-2019, 07:04 PM

Yes I did because this is a hunting forum lots of great people who will offer advice and educate me on any laws I may not be aware of.
So why comment on my post if you have nothing to add besides faulting me for using my resources before I reported to RAPP.

Ron.C
07-17-2019, 07:04 PM
Ron.C I've done just that last night. Not sure the process once you report the concern. Do the Cos contact you or not?
The report will be passed to the CO service and they'll chose how best to investigate. No requirement to update the person that made the initial report unless it somehow contributes to the investigation ie. they have follow on questions to ask you

BStrachan
07-17-2019, 07:12 PM
The report will be passed to the CO service and they'll chose how best to investigate. No requirement to update the person that made the initial report unless it somehow contributes to the investigation ie. they have follow on questions to ask you

Okay thank you

Boner
07-17-2019, 08:06 PM

In my two experiences with reporting, the one CO called me back, I was happy about that. I was even able to provide a bit more info.

Ride Red
07-17-2019, 08:36 PM
When you come across these kinds of posts, it’s a good idea to screen shot them so you can text them to a CO.

IslandWanderer
07-17-2019, 08:44 PM
Umm no not at all. It's that he is WHITE and says he was allocated in to the native ways and now has status

Don't worry about this comment (limit time's comment) The guy obviously hasn't read the thread.

IslandWanderer
07-17-2019, 08:48 PM
Thanks Riverotter

Hey BStrachan, you did the right thing. Don't worry about some of the cranky folks on HBC.

BStrachan
07-17-2019, 08:57 PM
Hey BStrachan, you did the right thing. Don't worry about some of the cranky folks on HBC.

Thank you. I did what was I believe right. I guess some people agree with me and that is okay with me. I feel good about what I did.

f350ps
07-17-2019, 09:07 PM
Thank you. I did what was I believe right. I guess some people agree with me and that is okay with me. I feel good about what I did.
And so you should, way to much of this shit going down lately!! Keep us posted IF the CO,s get back to you but I wouldn't hold my breath if he does in fact have status some how! K

BStrachan
07-17-2019, 09:28 PM
And so you should, way to much of this shit going down lately!! Keep us posted IF the CO,s get back to you but I wouldn't hold my breath if he does in fact have status some how! K

Thanks and I give any update if I get one.
Have a good night

Mosin
07-17-2019, 09:40 PM
Yes I did because this is a hunting forum lots of great people who will offer advice and educate me on any laws I may not be aware of.
So why comment on my post if you have nothing to add besides faulting me for using my resources before I reported to RAPP.

I dunno, you posted on the net and I am entitled to answer, my answer doesn't have to be a good answer at all in your eyes. You post, I answered

BStrachan
07-17-2019, 10:03 PM
When you come across these kinds of posts, it’s a good idea to screen shot them so you can text them to a CO.

I gave a few screen shots of his messages to before he blocked me for asking how he can shoot a deer in July and a small doe to boot.
But I've screen shotted all his responses and his explanation to having status and how 20 plus years ago he was culturally adopted by our native ban in town.
I'm going to contact the band, as it turns out I know one of the band members from school.

BStrachan
07-17-2019, 10:06 PM
I dunno, you posted on the net and I am entitled to answer, my answer doesn't have to be a good answer at all in your eyes. You post, I answered

Nope it doesnt. But if you were upset about me commenting on how all he shoots spikers does and 2 points then you have totally missed my point of the post.
I should not have said 2 points as I'd be stoked to get a 2 point but does and spikers. Especially if he is taking 2 5 deer a week.
Pretty sure he could look for bigger bucks.

Mosin
07-17-2019, 10:27 PM
Nope it doesnt. But if you were upset about me commenting on how all he shoots spikers does and 2 points then you have totally missed my point of the post.
I should not have said 2 points as I'd be stoked to get a 2 point but does and spikers. Especially if he is taking 2 5 deer a week.
Pretty sure he could look for bigger bucks.

My 1st archery buck was a spiker, wasn't about to wait for a bigger one to be within 25 yards, I shot it, gutted it and phuck me saw a 2x3 and 3x3 within the next 30 minutes. Never got that close to anything since and that was 3 years ago.

Darksith
07-18-2019, 12:54 PM
adopted in...call a CO lol

wideopenthrottle
07-18-2019, 02:32 PM
can't we all just "identify" as native and get status....seems our govt will let you identify as anything including a turnip, why not as a native!

adriaticum
07-18-2019, 02:39 PM
can't we all just "identify" as native and get status....seems our govt will let you identify as anything including a turnip, why not as a native!

I identity as native non-binary.

RiverOtter
07-18-2019, 03:11 PM
Bi-Polar Bear.....:lol:

BStrachan
07-18-2019, 07:12 PM
My 1st archery buck was a spiker, wasn't about to wait for a bigger one to be within 25 yards, I shot it, gutted it and phuck me saw a 2x3 and 3x3 within the next 30 minutes. Never got that close to anything since and that was 3 years ago.

That's awesome man! To get a bunch shooting a bow is difficult. Hope to do that one day.
I do apologize if my post upset you. In no way was I attempting to bash spikers or two points. I would take a spike two point whatever. Its meat in the freezer!

Mosin
07-18-2019, 11:44 PM
That's awesome man! To get a bunch shooting a bow is difficult. Hope to do that one day.
I do apologize if my post upset you. In no way was I attempting to bash spikers or two points. I would take a spike two point whatever. Its meat in the freezer!

Not offended at all. If it's got bone I will shoot it. I have only so many days i can actually hunt due to work,family etc. Lol I dont have time to "wait for a cranked" , I drop em knowing I might not get a chance for a bit.