PDA

View Full Version : Deer around PG

nlhunter
09-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Just curious if anyone else has had any luck with deer in the PG area. I have seen very few as oppsed to last year (which was my first year hunting so dont really have any great areas). Usually head west of town any ideas for help or is everyone else having trouble finding bucks this year because of last years snowfall? Any help (general areas no secrets would be great) Thanks

todbartell
09-24-2007, 09:45 PM
80 mins west of PG I am having a hard time finding the deer numbers Ive encountered in the previous 10 years in this area. I've been out five times I think and seen three does (all in the same night). Last year I'd see on average 6-10 deer per morning/evening :( The moose numbers seem normal.

Lots of coyotes, wolves, and bears...

CanuckShooter
09-25-2007, 07:13 AM
We usually see more deer in October around here [PG-Blackwater]and they seem to be following a general south east migratory route then....don't get discouraged be patient.

ianwuzhere
09-25-2007, 07:19 AM
last weekend i went out and we seen 11, 2 blackies and a black wolf. still no bucks- have seen 18 deer in last few weekends and no bucks, grrr

moosinaround
09-25-2007, 08:16 AM
took one 4x3 mulie last saturday. Went out with my sister this past sunday and she missed a spiker mulie, rookie! No big mulies but strangly i'm seeing more mulies than I usually do. Sure would like to find a nice immature bull moose though. Do they exist? Oh right Noah dawg found one. Moosin

moosinaround
09-25-2007, 08:18 AM
Check around the Bobtail 100 rd or closer to Isle pierre sawmill. Lots of deer and moose in there. Moosin

BCrams
09-25-2007, 08:39 AM
Check out the Tako Road area of the Blackwater ... lots of deer there too.