PDA

View Full Version : Macgregor River Suspension Bridge

Argus
07-10-2019, 07:56 AM
Just wondering if anyone familiar with 7-18 can shine a light on what's happening with the McGregor River Suspension Bridge north of Pass Lake. I see a note on page 72 of the Regs that the bridge is limited to ATV use and "is scheduled to be removed".

Any information on when the bridge will be gone, and alternate access to 7-18 would be much appreciated.

moosinaround
07-10-2019, 08:38 AM
Brand new bridge built beside it last year! Access by any vehicle now! moosin

RackStar
07-10-2019, 08:53 AM
Was up there 3 days ago, if you care about willow wackin your truck I’d bring a quad

moosinaround
07-10-2019, 09:05 AM
Was up there 3 days ago, if you care about willow wackin your truck I’d bring a quad
They will probably be weed whacking the ditch lines pretty quick. Canfor will be winter logging back there. Moosin

Argus
07-10-2019, 09:29 AM
Thanks for passing along the good news. Much appreciated!

Just so I'm clear, the new bridge is north of Pass Lake?

moosinaround
07-10-2019, 10:23 AM
Thanks for passing along the good news. Much appreciated!

Just so I'm clear, the new bridge is north of Pass Lake?
New bridge is built 50 feet north of the old one! moosin

todbartell
07-10-2019, 12:14 PM
Moosinaround, a wealth of info!

Grubby
07-31-2020, 11:06 AM
Hey Moosin,

do you know if they ended up getting in there to do that logging? I’m assuming the headed north from the bridge?

Grubby
07-31-2020, 11:09 AM
They will probably be weed whacking the ditch lines pretty quick. Canfor will be winter logging back there. Moosin

Moosin-

Any idea if they ended up in there last winter? Heading up in Sept and I’m curious of road conditions

moosinaround
07-31-2020, 03:36 PM
I only got as far as the Torpy, but they were logging past that! The camp is right before the bridge, and they weed whacked the road past camp! The Pass lake road is the best it’s been in a long time! Moosin

Grubby
08-05-2020, 12:36 PM
I only got as far as the Torpy, but they were logging past that! The camp is right before the bridge, and they weed whacked the road past camp! The Pass lake road is the best it’s been in a long time! Moosin

That’s great to hear! Do you know what logging outfit it was? Might try and get ahold of them to try and get details on how far up they are working.

moosinaround
08-05-2020, 12:56 PM
That’s great to hear! Do you know what logging outfit it was? Might try and get ahold of them to try and get details on how far up they are working.
Lobar is the guys in there. Canfor corp. office in OG