PDA

View Full Version : MU7-23 e LEH Moose

Cuthroat
07-07-2019, 01:41 PM
I had originally asked this question on my first post. I did get one reply but for some unknown reason I can't find my original post or the reply in the forums, so will ask again/ If any one has hunted this area it would be great to hear about access/accomodation etc. Draw is for Oct10-25th.

moosinaround
07-07-2019, 03:30 PM
Cow draw? Moosin

moosinaround
07-07-2019, 04:30 PM
Accommodations are what you bring with you! Bring your own gas/food/ect for your entire stay, it will be 2 hrs back to someplace to buy stuff. Bring an ATV, and a car top boat/canoe, to open up options to hunt moose. You may get lucky with one on the road, or not! Not a whole bunch to road hunt in, And lots of deactivation's. The MU's to your north have a bit better roads, but not much. If you have the time walk in to Arctic lake, you may just find the moose you are looking for there, but its a rough pack out from lake to cutblock edge! The fishing is pretty darn good around there too! PM me specific questions! Moosin

todbartell
07-07-2019, 04:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a2fZGNMCsI

elknut
07-08-2019, 02:37 PM
Why didn't you shoot them?...Too small ?....Dennis

todbartell
07-08-2019, 05:32 PM
Often wondered that since. Was a bit of a nightmare spot for recovery. I was up to my armpits in water a few times in the dark heading back to the road . Maybe for the best we didn't shoot it :mrgreen: