PDA

View Full Version : Stone glacier

sako79
07-06-2019, 08:36 AM
Well I purchased one of those Alps commander packs but just can't get it to fit me properly.

So I took the plunge and purchased a Stone glacier sky 5900 pack with their xcurve frame. I was looking at the Exo k3 but after exchange and shipping and taxes it was too much money in my eyes.

Thanks precision optics for helping me out

sako79
07-07-2019, 11:11 AM
Has anyone put any stone glacier packs to the test out in the field

HankBC
07-07-2019, 11:59 AM
I tried the exact bag you have now. I liked it quite a bit but couldn’t get the hip belt to hug the way my Kifaru does. They’re fancy and pretty to look at and I think of it when I see posts. But that hip belt didn’t work with my 31” waist. I bought my Kifaru through Omer as well, best dealer I’ve ever dealt with!!!

sako79
07-07-2019, 12:24 PM
I tried the exact bag you have now. I liked it quite a bit but couldn’t get the hip belt to hug the way my Kifaru does. They’re fancy and pretty to look at and I think of it when I see posts. But that hip belt didn’t work with my 31” waist. I bought my Kifaru through Omer as well, best dealer I’ve ever dealt with!!!

Wow small waist I'm a 36 I should be fine LOL

twoSevenO
07-07-2019, 12:27 PM
Has anyone put any stone glacier packs to the test out in the field

Mine has packed out 5 mule deer and at least 1 sheep and buck by the guy that I bought it from.

My last buck packout with all my gear was 120lbs. And I carried that sumbitch for several hours not a 200 yard trip to the truck. Pack is built tough. It works fine.

Of course not all packs fit all bodies ... but it works for me. Mine is the older crux frame and sky archer bag (6200?)

huntcoop
07-07-2019, 01:44 PM
Mine is a 5900 on the Xcurve frame. Fits me way better than the Krux, carries a load very well, certainly the pack would carry more than I’m willing to put on my back. They are bulletproof.

Seth
07-07-2019, 03:34 PM
I’ve had the Sky Talus 6900 for two seasons and used it on two stone’s trips. Packed out a good ram on the second trip. Can’t say enough good things about it. Very comfortable and lighter than any of the competitors bags. Depending on what you are using it for, I’d suggest 6900 if your wanting it for 10 day mountain trips.

sako79
07-07-2019, 04:48 PM
I’ve had the Sky Talus 6900 for two seasons and used it on two stone’s trips. Packed out a good ram on the second trip. Can’t say enough good things about it. Very comfortable and lighter than any of the competitors bags. Depending on what you are using it for, I’d suggest 6900 if your wanting it for 10 day mountain trips.

Maybe 7-Day Max mostly weekend and daypacks

Silver Stones
07-08-2019, 01:55 PM
I’m running the same setup, and love it so far. I took it on its first extended Mtn trip last weekend (ascent of Mt. Rainier) and it carried weight super well all day. Hopefully can load it with a sheep next month, but so far I’ve had it fit me way better than I ever got my kifaru to fit.

huntfish
07-17-2019, 06:59 AM
I Had the stone glacier 7400 sold it, did not fit me very well, now have the exo mountain gear 5500 and like it, fits me great, so far lots of hiking and no issues.

Osprey87
07-17-2019, 04:03 PM
I have the xcurve frame with the sky 5900 pack. Extremely comfortable, fits me a lot better then the mystery ranch packs found hip belt perfect for myself and I have a 32" waist

sako79
07-17-2019, 05:47 PM
I have the xcurve frame with the sky 5900 pack. Extremely comfortable, fits me a lot better then the mystery ranch packs found hip belt perfect for myself and I have a 32" waist

I have the same pack and it fits me so comfortable to go down on a 17 km hike last week with 27 lb in it for the first try and super comfortable I love that it's so lightweight. I can go in minimalist form with just the dry bag and the pack

Osprey87
07-17-2019, 08:28 PM
I have the same pack and it fits me so comfortable to go down on a 17 km hike last week with 27 lb in it for the first try and super comfortable I love that it's so lightweight. I can go in minimalist form with just the dry bag and the pack

Did a 3 day backpack trip 2 weeks ago and loaded 40lbs worth of crap to see how it would handle a bit of weight. Couldn't be happier with the way it carries and the simplicity of the bag

SaintSix
07-22-2019, 09:05 PM
I have the same pack and used it on a goat hunt and whitetail, had no problems with it hiking out a complete deboned whitetail. only i bought from them i didnt like was their rifle sling/holder. maybe i have it set up wrong but sometimes the release buckle gets snagged or dosent open smoothly. if i were to buy again id probably go larger, most my hunts are 10+days and its tight without using the meathself to start the hunt

Citori54
07-27-2019, 07:44 AM
I have the Sky Tallus 6900 and really like it. Fits well and has enough room for gear/equipment for a 10-14 day hunt. I have the gun sling and it works fine.