PDA

View Full Version : WK elk tips???

mark
09-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Well gang, seeing as I got skunked on elk up north, Im gonna giver one more try in the new 8-15 season this coming weekend. I have lots of expeience with the chetwynd area elk, and I am a damm good elk caller! Was just wondering if anyone can give me any advise or advanced tips on the 8-15 elk. What elevation will they be at this time of year, alpine, sub-alpine, medium or low ground??? What will be their primary food source right now... fresh cut-blocks??? What facing slopes should I expect to find em on? Just gonna be myself and the woman for 3 days so any help would be great! I gotta put something other than deer in the freezer this year! :lol:

beeker
09-25-2007, 01:41 AM
can't offer you any advice mark, but I will wish you good luck.

sparkymacker
09-25-2007, 09:28 AM
A friend of mine had an LEH over there last year, it went a lot later in the yera than the ones that were out this year. He started hunting the day it was valid (about this time if memory serves me right) and had no success. He finally gave up, but gave it one last try at the very end of the season and was rewarded with a small bull. So my 2 cents would be that they are up very high at this time and do not move down until the end of October/begining of November.

Sieg-MM
09-25-2007, 12:38 PM
If the weather is warm, don't be afraid to let out a bugle in a thick, moist ravine. You never know what's lurking down there. Best of luck Mark!

Fisher-Dude
09-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Good thing you are taking Georgia along, at least she knows how to put some meat in the freezer! :lol:

I understand it's pretty rugged there. I'd follow Sieg's advice and look for the bogs and creek draws for the bulls. Good luck!