PDA

View Full Version : GOS Moose

Arctic Lake
07-04-2019, 09:41 AM
Hi Fellas

So no LEH moose for my buddy and I again this year sooooooo. If you had 10 days and were driving from the lower mainland would you gamble and try to hunt a GOS moose area . If so ( because I have not looked at the regulations yet ) is there any MU that you can harvest a moose that has any size of bone on it's head ? Not an MU with all sorts of restrictions for antler size ?
Thanks
Arctic Lake

adriaticum
07-04-2019, 10:10 AM
Region 6 and 7

moosinaround
07-04-2019, 02:43 PM
58*17'54.08" N, 128*46'15.24"W Is in Region 7, and has good 4x4, or ATV access, and is a bit off the beaten path! It does have the 2 point, 3 brow tine, or 10 total points after the 1st of September, but it is also very moosey, and very isolated. Give er a try, it is worth the trip! Moosin

RackStar
07-04-2019, 04:45 PM
Head in up around ft Nelson and call a big bull in during the rutt

joshbazz
07-04-2019, 05:03 PM
58*17'54.08" N, 128*46'15.24"W Is in Region 7, and has good 4x4, or ATV access, and is a bit off the beaten path! It does have the 2 point, 3 brow tine, or 10 total points after the 1st of September, but it is also very moosey, and very isolated. Give er a try, it is worth the trip! Moosin
Is there a lot of pressure there? Also looking for a spot for my first moose hunt :)

cameron0518
07-04-2019, 08:04 PM
Hi Fellas

So no LEH moose for my buddy and I again this year sooooooo. If you had 10 days and were driving from the lower mainland would you gamble and try to hunt a GOS moose area . If so ( because I have not looked at the regulations yet ) is there any MU that you can harvest a moose that has any size of bone on it's head ? Not an MU with all sorts of restrictions for antler size ?
Thanks
Arctic Lake

The regs are online and are easily accessible. Good place to start. Good luck, some good eating if you get one! Figure out what to do with it if you do get lucky enough so the meat doesn't heat up and spoil. Get the hide off asap.

LuckyHorseshoe
07-05-2019, 08:04 AM
Is there a lot of pressure there? Also looking for a spot for my first moose hunt :)

There will be now!!

joshbazz
07-05-2019, 08:39 AM
There will be now!!
only if people from Russia see this post!

Good one Moosin, you got me, lol!

eatram
07-05-2019, 09:52 AM

check again josh

Bubbacanuck
07-05-2019, 10:33 AM
There will be now!!

Fairly remote area with lots of ground to cover, I would doubt this will change much from a pressure standpoint

moosinaround
07-05-2019, 01:39 PM

Check those numbers again. This is a legit spot, if your up for the Adventure?!! Moosin

joshbazz
07-05-2019, 03:10 PM
Check those numbers again. This is a legit spot, if your up for the Adventure?!! Moosin
haha, my mistake, had W and E mixed up, yes that is a great area, a friend of ours family owns a GO biz out there, hoping to get up there sometime soon.

Definitely up for the adventure!

Cheers!

HappyJack
07-05-2019, 06:10 PM
Hi Fellas

Thanks
Arctic Lake
Go north in August, just make sure you know where the local meat cutters are, or bring a big deep freezer and a gen set. Check out around Moose lake near Tumbler, or the Del Rio are north east of Chetwynd.

Boner
07-05-2019, 09:06 PM
Go north in August, just make sure you know where the local meat cutters are, or bring a big deep freezer and a gen set. Check out around Moose lake near Tumbler, or the Del Rio are north east of Chetwynd.

He’s a butcher. Probably a damn good one too! :)

cameron0518
07-07-2019, 09:01 PM
There will be now!!

You bet! Lol

Arctic Lake
07-07-2019, 09:27 PM
He’s a butcher. Probably a damn good one too! :)

Is Happy Jack a butcher ?
Arctic Lake

moosinaround
07-07-2019, 11:55 PM
You bet! Lol
that is big country where I give those lats and longs!! It is also primo moose country!! It is tough to get in there, but not impossible! If you go during the rut, you should play with some bull moose! Finding one with the right antler configuration of a the key, and you will have to pack it out to the trail! It is a pretty amazing place to go spend your time off!! Moosin

Arctic Lake
07-10-2019, 10:48 AM
Any other suggestions fellas ? End of September into October would work best for us .
Thanks !
Arctic Lake