PDA

View Full Version : Constant opposition to projects has become tedious

x0ra
07-03-2019, 03:23 PM
From your recent communication, it has become obvious that you have become anti-economical development. Your constant opposition of economical projects is getting tedious. I have a really hard time distinguishing a newsletter from you or from greenpeace / sea sheppard.

Are you so desperate to attract membership from lower-mainland yuppies ?

RyoTHC
07-03-2019, 03:33 PM
No one likes the lower mainlanders we are waiting for the big one patiently.

rocksteady
07-03-2019, 03:38 PM
Who is your response aimed at? HBC? A particular member?

cameron0518
07-03-2019, 03:52 PM

X2...Wondering the same thing

adriaticum
07-03-2019, 04:09 PM
https://pics.me.me/what-you-talkin-bout-willis-memegeneraterne-4325969.png

adriaticum
07-03-2019, 04:09 PM

I don't like me either

mrdoog
07-03-2019, 04:11 PM
My Mom likes me

ACE
07-03-2019, 04:38 PM
From your recent communication, it has become obvious that you have become anti-economical development. Your constant opposition of economical projects is getting tedious. I have a really hard time distinguishing a newsletter from you or from greenpeace / sea sheppard.

Addressed to the Mutt & Jeff duo in Victoria ?
Jason Kenny ?
​Lady Gaga ?

x0ra
07-03-2019, 05:02 PM
Whoever runs (or try to run) the BCWF.

Gateholio
07-03-2019, 05:27 PM

You should contact the BCWF directly if you have input. This BCWF is really just for making announcements, it's unlikely an official BCWF rep will be responding on this thread.

Wild one
07-03-2019, 05:37 PM

Can always choose to support an organization you feel would do a better representing your views

BC would likely have multiple strong organizations representing hunters if people did this

SSG-man
07-03-2019, 06:47 PM
That would change perception wouldn't it? Lol

How to build a green city without heavy machinery. ;)

David
07-04-2019, 07:17 PM

So why don't you point to the economic development item that you think the BCWF is against, but that they shouldn't be against?

Do you support Imperial Metals mining the Skagit headwaters? Because I sure as hell don't
Do you support the proposed national park in the South Okanagan? Because National Parks are economic development on the tourism side? You must support that, right? Because I sure as hell don't.

I mean, this is an economic development website right? Screw our ability to hunt and fish for game, and protecting access to those animals, that habitat, and the right to hunt and fish. If you want to stop companies with a proven track record of destroying spawning habitat, or stop the government from banning hunting in particular areas... why would you come here to do that? You'd go to a some crazy place on the internet like a hunting and fishing website.

Ride Red
07-04-2019, 08:14 PM

I'm a lower mainlander dumb ass; we're not all snow flakes.

Walking Buffalo
07-19-2019, 07:36 AM
You should contact the BCWF directly if you have input. This BCWF is really just for making announcements, it's unlikely an official BCWF rep will be responding on this thread.

Lol!

The last thread started here by BCWF was over a year ago.

You guys can't take a hint.
She just isn't that into you.

x0ra
07-20-2019, 04:38 PM
I have, to no avail.

Wild one
07-20-2019, 04:47 PM
I have, to no avail.

If you don’t feel they are listening to you or working for you why support them?

The Hermit
07-22-2019, 03:58 PM
So why don't you point to the economic development item that you think the BCWF is against, but that they shouldn't be against?

Do you support Imperial Metals mining the Skagit headwaters? Because I sure as hell don't
Do you support the proposed national park in the South Okanagan? Because National Parks are economic development on the tourism side? You must support that, right? Because I sure as hell don't.

I mean, this is an economic development website right? Screw our ability to hunt and fish for game, and protecting access to those animals, that habitat, and the right to hunt and fish. If you want to stop companies with a proven track record of destroying spawning habitat, or stop the government from banning hunting in particular areas... why would you come here to do that? You'd go to a some crazy place on the internet like a hunting and fishing website.

Perfect! Concise! And just the right amount of sarcasm.

Weatherby Fan
07-22-2019, 05:56 PM
Hey did you guys buy a ticket on the HBC.ca 280AI Rifle Raffle ? Its very accurate and a dream to shoot 8-)

showthread.php (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?153082-HBC-ca-Rifle-Raffle-Fundraiser)

IslandWanderer
07-22-2019, 06:27 PM
Lol!

The last thread started here by BCWF was over a year ago.

You guys can't take a hint.
She just isn't that into you.

Did HBC get friend-zoned followed by the slow fade?

Walking Buffalo
08-03-2019, 12:43 PM
Did HBC get friend-zoned followed by the slow fade?

Nah....
Let's just stay happy in denial.

Wild one
08-03-2019, 04:02 PM
Nah....
Let's just stay happy in denial.

BC hunters are professionals at denial

RobU
08-03-2019, 06:56 PM
We are getting better. We’re asking tough questions. Most of us don’t have buckets of money for memberships and donations. I too have questioned the BCWF. I have also not received replies from them to my emails. As have my local sportsman’s club and many others. Some hunters are apparently happy with the way BCWF represents hunters and others like myself are confused why. There are some great organizations to get behind so if it works for an individual so be it, just support something. My choices are WSSBC and kootenay wildlife heritage fund. They have great projects and are very well established with motives and policies I can feel good about supporting.

Rob Chipman
01-14-2021, 05:39 PM
Bumped up.

Just ran across this.

I have to say, a lot of guys on this forum may not be too aware of what BCWF does or how we do it. I'm not telling tales out of school when I say we have challenges.

At the same time, there are some unrealistic expectations.

The challenges and expectations are solved three ways:

1a) Better communication. If you want an answer to something and you're getting frustrated elsewhere, feel free to contact me through here, at rob@robchipman.net or at 604-230-4225. If I'm not in the mountains I'll get back to you;
1b) If you want an answer about BCWF and Indigenous people, come right to me for better comms.
2) Get involved. If you've got any skills we can use you.

GreyDog
01-15-2021, 07:26 AM
I went all the way through this thread just to see exactly what economic development the OP was championing and couldn't find any mention of it. Is it just me or was it just a blanket rant? GD

Gateholio
01-15-2021, 09:41 AM
I went all the way through this thread just to see exactly what economic development the OP was championing and couldn't find any mention of it. Is it just me or was it just a blanket rant? GD

The OP hasn't visited in over a year.