PDA

View Full Version : Just joined the site to ask for help

cameron0518
06-25-2019, 10:37 AM
I can't believe how many guys have just joined because they got an LEH! These people will not get my help and knowledge except for to find a dirt road and look around. Try contributing first as there are many good guys on here.

Ron.C
06-25-2019, 10:42 AM
I can't believe how many guys have just joined because they got an LEH! These people will not get my help and knowledge except for to find a dirt road and look around. Try contributing first as there are many good guys on here.

Sounds like someone didnt get his LEH. :lol:

The last thing the hunting community needs right now is more infighting.

Join, and ask away. Lots of us willing to help first time posters

Wild one
06-25-2019, 10:54 AM
good thing there are knowledgeable people here that don’t mind offering help that will make up for it

S.W.A.T.
06-25-2019, 11:02 AM
Have to admit it does bother me when someone puts in for and gets a LEH for a area they no nothing about. I don't understand why some research isn't done prior

adriaticum
06-25-2019, 11:05 AM
Have to admit it does bother me when someone puts in for and gets a LEH for a area they no nothing about. I don't understand why some research isn't done prior

People put in for LEH where they think they could get it, not where they know the area.
Most people don't know most areas.

cameron0518
06-25-2019, 11:12 AM

You are right, I never got an leh but that actually doesn't bother me at all. I put in high odds draws that I do not expect to get. So, thinking this is being about being disgruntled couldn't be further from the truth. I have been fortunate to get my bison and have him on the wall and if that is the last draw I get, I am good. Now don't get me going on a grizzly draw. Lol. I know that I am not alone in my thinking and I don't mind sharing. This is just a friendly debate. :-)

twoSevenO
06-25-2019, 11:12 AM

What help? I have yet to see you post any animals you have taken so as far as I'm concerned we dont even know if you're someone whose advice we should be taking :P

You joined in 2011 and one of the FIRST threads you started was "moose help 7-11" for a draw your wife got. Did you forget that?

I just checked ... it was THE first thread you posted. Talk about hypocrisy.

Here is his thread..... asking for help in his first head on HBC:
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?71901-7-11-moose-draw-help-please

Ron.C
06-25-2019, 11:23 AM
Fair enough,
I like to help whoever I can. This usually comes back in a good way and for me. Its opened a network of connections I can tap into when I need some advice on an area or info.

And when it comes to LEH, not many of us have the luxury of being able to scout before the hunt. Can you fault anyone for tapping into any resource that may increase their sodds of success? So I say why not help the guy that gets the draw. What do we unsuccessful LEH applicants have to lose?

Wild one
06-25-2019, 11:26 AM
What help? I have yet to see you post any animals you have taken so as far as I'm concerned we dont even know if you're someone whose advice we should be taking :P

You joined in 2011 and one of the FIRST threads you started was "moose help 7-11" for a draw your wife got. Did you forget that?

Now that is funny sh!t right here ^^ :lol:

Pretty simple when it comes to giving people information if you want to pass on knowledge do so if you want to keep it to yourself it’s your choice. I can be helpful but I don’t give up all my secrets and at times I choose not to help certain people

Bugle M In
06-25-2019, 11:26 AM
The one thing about HBC is you can always look into another member and what they have posted, so careful where one treads, imo.
As far as the LEH and not knowing the area, I have also wondered about it and why folks have no knowledge etc.
But than again, if odds are better in some areas or it's a special hunt like Bison or Rosie's etc, I get why many may not know the area.
I think it's best to help folks out, especially on LEH.
Last year a young couple I ran into in the EK had a LEH any bull moose tag.
Well, I had walked into a really mature bull a few hours before.
Irony was I ran into them soon afterwards.
Basically gave them the gps co-ordinates you could say to start looking.
They were happy as hell (hope they got).
Otherwise it might have been poached or traditionally taken.
So why not.

Help each other out.
I know some here helped me with my buddies son and a Pitt lake Elk Draw.
And due to their help, they were successful!

BRvalley
06-25-2019, 11:30 AM
that is gold, too funny lol

sure it gets old seeing "can you help with my leh" posts one after another, but no different than all the fake "leh's are out" posts on the forums and FB...but the easiest thing to do, simply keep scrolling, easy as that, just move onto the content you want to read

whitlers
06-25-2019, 12:00 PM

Mic drop!

Haha I was gonna say my first thread was to ask for my Bison LEH help and plenty of members offered to help.

cameron0518
06-25-2019, 12:15 PM
This is the great thing about the website. Free speech! It really doesn't matter if people like my posts. The banter is always enjoyable to read and it's all good. Some nice jabs at me as well. Lol. You should only dish it out if you can take it. Lol. All good. As for posting anything about my prime hunting spots, that is something I will never post about. I saw firsthand on how that goes. As for private messages, they are private for a reason. I have helped enough. :-)

CranePete
06-25-2019, 12:33 PM
I like to think of myself as a Sportsman first, and a hunter second. I have helped a few people in the past, and undoubtedly will help in the future. Isn’t this how it should be done? My 2 cents...

granola_eater
06-25-2019, 12:36 PM

I'm not all about these "Help me" threads, but this is pretty funny... Thanks for digging that fact up.

VLD43
06-25-2019, 01:21 PM

Well said Sir. United we stand, and divided we fall.

Piperdown
06-25-2019, 01:29 PM
I didn't get a draw this year, can someone point me in the right direction????

cameron0518
06-25-2019, 01:30 PM
I don't think this is infighting. I think there are some good points and jabs. Some facts, some not. I knew it would stir the pot and a good banter is healthy. Good for a few laughs as well.

poper
06-25-2019, 02:05 PM
I didn't get a draw this year, can someone point me in the right direction????
Safe on foods.

S.W.A.T.
06-25-2019, 02:11 PM
People put in for LEH where they think they could get it, not where they know the area.
Most people don't know most areas.

I understand that to a certain degree. However many areas with the best odds do require a huge undertaking that most aren't prepared for. I honestly don't mind steering someone in the right direction but the majority of threads since the results have been released are regarding new to area or never been to.....

By now every area must be covered with threads regarding the same question. If your going to take the time and money it takes for some of these draws wouldn't you want to know about the area first

srupp
06-25-2019, 02:23 PM
Hmmm I enjoy helping folks with their hunting.living here for so many years, hunting..flying the area in choppers for work..wearing out truvks, quads and boots.
I have recieved lots of help from members here ..so far 11 hunters have contacted me regarfing bear, deer, sheep and moose for 2019 hunting season..no I did not get a draw..GRRRRRRRR however others did..
How would I like to be treated ? If it was me needing some information...
Congrads to those successful..lets try and help them make their hunt a success.
Cheers
Srupp

charlie_horse
06-25-2019, 02:44 PM
There's probably a lot of people that are just like me and my partners that put in for areas we don't necessarily know but upon getting a draw we will get to know it and put in the time and effort to get it done. If you can help, you might as well. It's pretty hard to know every area of the province.

rocksteady
06-25-2019, 02:46 PM
I think its funny.. i just SMH (shake my head) when its their first choice, with no research, different story if its like the old days of "if i am not drawn for my 2 options i would take anything you offer"... those days of plentiful authorizations are long gone

albravo2
06-25-2019, 02:51 PM
I pick a draw based on species and odds. If I get it I'll figure out how to hunt it, if not, I won't.

Doesn't strike me as odd at all when people request an area they have never been to.

quadrakid
06-25-2019, 03:06 PM
It is a little difficult if your living on Vancouver island to know an area for moose before you apply. If you live in the interior and are applying in your back yard it is easy for you. I doubt very much that a guy that lives in PG is going to have great knowledge of Rosie elk areas. Helping each other out is a good thing.

Mosin
06-25-2019, 03:34 PM

Cameron, you just got served nicely dude

Mosin
06-25-2019, 03:37 PM
I don't think this is infighting. I think there are some good points and jabs. Some facts, some not. I knew it would stir the pot and a good banter is healthy. Good for a few laughs as well.

I like how you can roll with it...good on ya.

cameron0518
06-25-2019, 03:41 PM
Of course. Been chuckling all day. I am not surprised. There have been some funny ones. My cheeks are sore!

Bugle M In
06-25-2019, 04:23 PM
Some folks on HBC over the years earn folks respect in many forms.
A member like Srupp is rare, but his presence on HBC is much appreciated by everyone who knows him here.
He helps the best he can which allows this lifestyle to carry on and helps many folks get started into hunting.

I don't expect anyone to help anyone, and is not expected, but there is a reason some members stand above everyone else.
I guess as we get older we get less competitive knowing that some of our best days are behind us.

To the new comers, don't expect to be helped out, as most did the work themselves.
But really appreciate the times someone has helped out, and "pay it forward".

Salty
06-25-2019, 04:38 PM
I've got no problem with someone joining to try to get info for a hunt, join up ask away all good in my books. Obviously anyone with a brain cell will know that they'll probably get a lot better info if they contribute some posts first, but its the internet do what you want. Lots of folks have come here green as spring grass asking for advice and have turned in to pretty good hunters and long time regular contributors to HBC, just sayin.

RackStar
06-25-2019, 04:45 PM
270.... that was some funny ass shizz right there.

RackStar
06-25-2019, 04:47 PM
Lots of high odds areas have low odds success rates.

BRrooster
06-25-2019, 05:25 PM
I applied for a Goat draw one time , in an area I didn't know anything about. Looked at lots of maps and we thought , yeah , we can do that. Got the draw , made our plans and headed out. Didn't work out. So we had taken away another hunters chances , with our ignorance. Maybe someone who knew the area and had a fool proof plan to get his trophy. Now I never apply for a draw in some area that I do not know anything about , or at least, am going to be there hunting with someone, who knows the area. (and has recommended it to me).
On another note , what do you thing of our fellow hunters that apply for draws to "save" a doe or cow? And never intend to hunt if they get
drawn.

cameron0518
06-25-2019, 05:34 PM
I applied for a Goat draw one time , in an area I didn't know anything about. Looked at lots of maps and we thought , yeah , we can do that. Got the draw , made our plans and headed out. Didn't work out. So we had taken away another hunters chances , with our ignorance. Maybe someone who knew the area and had a fool proof plan to get his trophy. Now I never apply for a draw in some area that I do not know anything about , or at least, am going to be there hunting with someone, who knows the area. (and has recommended it to me).
On another note , what do you thing of our fellow hunters that apply for draws to "save" a doe or cow? And never intend to hunt if they get
drawn.

Some good points there. Personally, I would like to see no leh for any female animal. I have given that Avenue some thought as well.

Darksith
06-25-2019, 05:36 PM

So you win a long shot, once in a lifetime draw that no one in their right minds would bank on getting again and you wouldn't help the next guy with info you learned from your hunt, or you have local knowledge and you wouldn't help someone be successful? Hell I would be willing to take someone out on their "Kamloops Sheep Draw" just to be a part of the experience or pass along some info if I had some just to get a picture of the animal they harvested.

And you only have 461 posts in 8 years...;)

Bugle M In
06-25-2019, 05:51 PM
You know, that young couple I helped with info on where I saw the Moose....
When I told them, you should have seen the look on their face!
They were actually dumbfounded and in shock, like a deer in the headlights!

Then later the same day, 2 locals came in that I had never seen before.
After talking for a bit, and seeing he had some knowledge of many areas in the vicinity etc. I asked if he was a member on HBC.
He said "No", and that he was "too secretive" to share.
So, there you go, 2 different camps on it.

But than again, if that is how the "new members" wish to go forward, and one day become the old members etc, than might as well just go to FB
and post your pics and look at pics of success.

Whats the point if you cant "share"????

IslandWanderer
06-25-2019, 06:43 PM
Lol, just bumped his first thread for laughs.

RobU
06-25-2019, 07:41 PM
Interesting topic. We all have our limit on what we are willing to share with others. Especially people we don’t know well. I struggle with internet sharing as I’m sure many others do as well. I would strongly urge anyone asking for help or advice on the internet to really do their own homework as well, then add it to the information received by the generosity of other hunters. Nothing worth having should come easily.....

RyoTHC
06-25-2019, 07:53 PM

God that made me laugh lol, I'll admit I do complain when people ask without trying themselves but atleast I'm not a hypocrite about it and just put the boots to the ground ahah

cameron0518
06-25-2019, 08:21 PM
What a fun day of laughs. Honestly haven't laughed this hard for a while. I love the bandwagoner's and still stand by my statement as my post was from 8 years ago. The nice thing about getting older is that views can change and you evolve as time goes on. If you dish it out, you gotta take it too. Thanks for the PM's as well. I can't remember the last time my cheeks were this sore. Like water on a duck's back, roll as it goes.

IslandWanderer
06-25-2019, 08:24 PM
What a fun day of laughs. Honestly haven't laughed this hard for a while. I love the bandwagoner's and still stand by my statement as my post was from 8 years ago. The nice thing about getting older is that views can change and you evolve as time goes on. If you dish it out, you gotta take it too. Thanks for the PM's as well. I can't remember the last time my cheeks were this sore. Like water on a duck's back, roll as it goes.

A swing and a miss ..no sale.

S.W.A.T.
06-25-2019, 08:43 PM
What grinds my gears about the OP and many other threads that started the day after LEH was released is that anyone can be giving you information, good or bad. Researcher and due diligence is key. For me it's done the year prior to putting in for the draw in any given area. I see it all the time people putting in for animals in areas that they have no idea what it takes. Many of these places are fairly remote, 2-3 days drive. How many bison tags go unused every year because someone doesn't understand what kind of undertaking a bison hunt is and the gear that's required. Or how many goat or sheep draws get wasted for the same reason. What's the hurt in doing your part in research a year in advance before getting your self into a bad situation. Not every part of the province is as easily accessible as others.

Just my .02

cameron0518
06-25-2019, 08:55 PM
What I would like to see from all the big shots is for them to post on here all of their prime hunting spots. Giving your mediocre spot advice to beginners isn't much better than telling them to find a dirt road. Finding area isn't hard and I was naive enough 8 years ago not to know that. I live life to laugh and it's all good. I will still wake up laughing in the morning. But come on big shots, put your good spots up for HuntBc for all to see or don't think helping someone into a crap area is doing something that you should pat your back about. I know there are a lot of good guys on here but I bet most won't help as much as they claim they would.

r106
06-25-2019, 09:00 PM
I joined this site to learn more about hunting as i think most here did. several years later and a few thousand posts... gotta start somewhere

srupp
06-25-2019, 09:19 PM
Hmmm many moons ago I decieded on a late season elk draw..knew nothing about the area. .so asked some folks from a hunting site about hunting elk in january near Dawson Creek..no experience in the area or january hunting Sitka Spruce and others gave me solid advice..got a nice elk.
Got a toothache..see a dentist
Got a headache . see a Dr.
Have a question about hunting...ask a local hunter
The trick..is to get a draw..win a tag...that can take..33 years in some cases..
One year in advance...hell you still may be waiting in a decade..
In 1 year..fires..closures..logging...land claims and conflicts..lots can change...always does..
Yes absolutely due dilligence...do your homework...when that is done. ..does it conflict or match competent honest local knowledge..
Its not 1 or tge other its both if possible..
Never ever drew a bison tag..but when I do I have no problem asking those that went before me..what might help me in my quest...
Recently I went fly fishing..couldnt lift my 9.9 hp motor out of the truck..asked a guy for help..he told me to pound sand. .if you cant do this..lifting a 100 pound motor I shouldnt be there..nor expect help..several guys jumped in to help.
Its ok to need help..its ok to ask for help..however you should be doing your own digging..checking..map work..
Between williams lake and horsefly..1 hour drive...moose can be found every single kilometer of that drive...from time to time..however there are areas that always hold moose from sept till..late oct..when they hit the wintering areas..concentrated areas perhaps 10 kilometers away.
I spent 3 years trying to catch salmon in the Atnarko river..I just repeated my mistakes over and over..close? Yes but no cigar
Warren Nichols grampa..Mr.Ed Gerow..spent 2 entire days. .fine tuning my attempts..untill I caught my first spring salmon..years later I spent 2 days tying on new hooks..fine tuning the attempts by a rookie salmon fisherman in the exact same location..the new fisherman..? My aged Father..I will never forget that smile as he caught..played..landed his first ever salmon. .all because skills..locations..how to was passed along payed it forward. .lwill always pay it forward...its how we learn..how we pass this hunting heritage forward..to the next generation and their children.
They are getting out there trying...doing their best. .as will so many from this site...helping those willing to help themselves..
Good luck to all those who head out with LEH..or GOS hunting plans.
Cheers
Srupp

cameron0518
06-25-2019, 09:25 PM
Boy you can write Srupp. Obviously your intentions are always good. Much respect given

srthomas75
06-25-2019, 09:28 PM
well said Steven. many folks appreciate your helpfulness.

srupp
06-25-2019, 09:29 PM
Hmmm some grumpy hunters..lol..when I read the above. .I laugh..couple bear hunters this year..yup places that hold big bears..one missed a hog..6.5 foot bear..I ensure I show them where my meat pole is from my hunting there..I dont go to mediocre places I go to places I think through experience..research..talking with loggers etc that gives me the best chances at success .
Never even occurred to me that anyone would give less than their best help.
If you think that way...then your own counsel is the best advice you will get..
Srupp

silvertipp
06-25-2019, 09:34 PM
Good post steven
i too like helping people out with leh areas only though
i have put in for the sheep tag in penticton without ever going there
sure as shit we were lucky enough to get that tag three years out of five years trying
during the first hunt if it were not for people helping me I would probably not have gotten that ram
now I will help anyone who gets that tag
Maybe we should start a thread to see what areas and species people are willing to help with

Wild one
06-25-2019, 09:35 PM
What I would like to see from all the big shots is for them to post on here all of their prime hunting spots. Giving your mediocre spot advice to beginners isn't much better than telling them to find a dirt road. Finding area isn't hard and I was naive enough 8 years ago not to know that. I live life to laugh and it's all good. I will still wake up laughing in the morning. But come on big shots, put your good spots up for HuntBc for all to see or don't think helping someone into a crap area is doing something that you should pat your back about. I know there are a lot of good guys on here but I bet most won't help as much as they claim they would.

I have given people some pretty exact location through PM and have also received the same from others. I am not talking a fsr anyone can drive down either. Vague advice is common but in depth information does go around

Don’t think I am a big shot but I do laugh my ass off how some are offered by someone asking for advice. It’s not like they asked to sleep with your wife or would that be more except able :wink:

Like I posted earlier no one is obligated to give any information on any level.

avidnwoutdoorsman
06-25-2019, 10:01 PM
I’m a “new” member to HBC but not a new person to hunting. It takes some real skill to be a master at all game species.... I’m proficient at every bird and deer...catching onto this elk hunting game. Moose, goat, sheep, bison never have I ever, but you gotta start one day. I put in for the gambit expecting not to hit a single one but knowing if it did it would become my life. What do you know I got a goat draw... arguably the hardest to hunt (besides maybe bison). Have I been watching hunting shows most my life, yes. Do I know what to expect, it’s gonna be a grind. Am I going to learn everything I can about the unit I drew, you bet. Do I already have scouting trips plan yes (...we’ll see how that works with currently 5 wk old twins) Am I going to ask for help and tips from y’all...already have some via PM’s of guys who’ve hunted my unit before. What I’m getting at is I think we should all help if we can. Yes how one goes about asking for help good be a bit refined at times I’ve noticed. I helped a guy hunt turkeys this spring (amongst others who did) and I’ve never hunted BC for turkeys. (I have now and bagged a Tom in 30min this season coolest turkey hunt ever). Dude I helped where I could got a bird and now he’s hooked on hunting. We need more hunters period. So help if you can but keep to yourself if you don’t want to, it looks bad when you start blasting a new hunter for trying.

PS I drew the 3-33A goat for anyone that wants to team up, trade notes, give tips, or share success Nov 1st. I’ll be hiking past shoulder units and will share what I see for those that drew adjacent. I have a Pointing lab we can go hunt upland or ducks with and I love to hunt turkeys. Love fly fishing and tie my own. I’m also good at buying a beer or two.

S.W.A.T.
06-25-2019, 10:17 PM
Hmmm some grumpy hunters..lol..when I read the above. .I laugh..couple bear hunters this year..yup places that hold big bears..one missed a hog..6.5 foot bear..I ensure I show them where my meat pole is from my hunting there..I dont go to mediocre places I go to places I think through experience..research..talking with loggers etc that gives me the best chances at success .
Never even occurred to me that anyone would give less than their best help.
If you think that way...then your own counsel is the best advice you will get..
Srupp

It's not about grumpy hunters, and yes it is always good to lend a hand. However I do feel among the hunting community its becomes like a good fishing hole. I've spent years in different areas, trying and failing, trying and succeeding, try and just having adventures. That's hunting. Too me its always the same questions asked, where do I go to get the animals .......

Sometimes you just have to experience life for yourself and not ask others what it's like.

simonvancouver
06-25-2019, 10:31 PM
It's tough, a lot of new hunters spend time looking from the outside on these forums as we don't feel we have the knowledge to contribute. I will say though as a still new hunter, the information i have read on this forum has very much helped me learn and grow as a hunter, it has also educated me on different topics that i had no experience with.

I did get an LEH in an area i do not know and i will be going with another new hunter, we have been given some kind advice, along with knowing looks that we may have bitten off more then we can chew. This trip will hopefully be successful from a harvest POV, but more than that, we will make mistakes, have a laugh and learn, and in years to come have stories to tell.
This will hopefully enable myself go contribute a bit more to the forum with hunting knowledge from real world experience. it needs to be a full circle, we all start somewhere we all needed help the first few times.

So i would like to thank the guys on here that do help, it is very much appreciated.

Now big question who got LEH grouse? :cool:

Danny_29
06-25-2019, 11:36 PM

This is hilarious. I've helped a couple people so far and it is very rewarding

twoSevenO
06-26-2019, 12:21 AM

Why would anyone post their hunting spots, let alone their prime spots? What does that even have to do with anything?

There is plenty of advice and help to be had that does not involve anyone revealing their spots. So your insistence on calling people out for it is just ridiculous.

A lot of great advice is to do with timing, especially in areas too far to scout ... like the bison draws or northern elk draws.

Unless you personally know a mentor you're gonna have to do some work. No internet stranger is just going to hand hold another internet stranger for the season.

cameron0518
06-26-2019, 06:19 AM
I thought the BC hunting chumps, chimps or champs (sorry, no glasses on so hard to see) were so helpful.

Piperdown
06-26-2019, 06:19 AM
Safe on foods.
Thanks, now which store has the bigger steaks :)

Ride Red
06-26-2019, 06:37 AM
Hmmm many moons ago I decieded on a late season elk draw..knew nothing about the area. .so asked some folks from a hunting site about hunting elk in january near Dawson Creek..no experience in the area or january hunting Sitka Spruce and others gave me solid advice..got a nice elk.
Got a toothache..see a dentist
Got a headache . see a Dr.
Have a question about hunting...ask a local hunter
The trick..is to get a draw..win a tag...that can take..33 years in some cases..
One year in advance...hell you still may be waiting in a decade..
In 1 year..fires..closures..logging...land claims and conflicts..lots can change...always does..
Yes absolutely due dilligence...do your homework...when that is done. ..does it conflict or match competent honest local knowledge..
Its not 1 or tge other its both if possible..
Never ever drew a bison tag..but when I do I have no problem asking those that went before me..what might help me in my quest...
Recently I went fly fishing..couldnt lift my 9.9 hp motor out of the truck..asked a guy for help..he told me to pound sand. .if you cant do this..lifting a 100 pound motor I shouldnt be there..nor expect help..several guys jumped in to help.
Its ok to need help..its ok to ask for help..however you should be doing your own digging..checking..map work..
Between williams lake and horsefly..1 hour drive...moose can be found every single kilometer of that drive...from time to time..however there are areas that always hold moose from sept till..late oct..when they hit the wintering areas..concentrated areas perhaps 10 kilometers away.
I spent 3 years trying to catch salmon in the Atnarko river..I just repeated my mistakes over and over..close? Yes but no cigar
Warren Nichols grampa..Mr.Ed Gerow..spent 2 entire days. .fine tuning my attempts..untill I caught my first spring salmon..years later I spent 2 days tying on new hooks..fine tuning the attempts by a rookie salmon fisherman in the exact same location..the new fisherman..? My aged Father..I will never forget that smile as he caught..played..landed his first ever salmon. .all because skills..locations..how to was passed along payed it forward. .lwill always pay it forward...its how we learn..how we pass this hunting heritage forward..to the next generation and their children.
They are getting out there trying...doing their best. .as will so many from this site...helping those willing to help themselves..
Good luck to all those who head out with LEH..or GOS hunting plans.
Cheers
Srupp

Great post Steven, well said.

I’ve helped many people over the years by giving information, taking them to productive areas and retrieving their game (with atv and boat) without wanting anything in return as I do it for my own self gratification. Just the beaming smile on their face is thank you enough. Everyone has to learn, but getting advice from somebody whose experienced an area or has hunted a specific species is invaluable. Boots on the ground and doing your homework finalizes the equation.

Ride Red
06-26-2019, 06:41 AM
I thought the BC hunting chumps, chimps or champs (sorry, no glasses on so hard to see) were so helpful.

For a guy who has it “ like water off a ducks back”, you sure sound sour. Looks like you’re just mad at yourself now for posting. Time to grow up.

Wild one
06-26-2019, 06:46 AM

The attempt at attacking others others rather than owning up to not thinking through your rant before posting is not helping you any. Just repeat the following and be done with it” I guess I was guilty of asking for advice with my post maybe I should not be complaining about others doing the same”. It’s one thing to screw up it’s another how you respond to screwing up

I am actually laughing my ass off watching you dig a hole do you want a shovel?:lol:

So there you go you received helpful advice :p

cameron0518
06-26-2019, 07:00 AM
Don't worry, I am still laughing. Nothing sour about me. I fully stand on my views. No apologies from me. I just notice that some people try to slam as many as they can in their posts. Like I said, all good in my world. My post from here 8 years ago was for an ex wife and the sight was newer. Times change as do people. There's a reason why I haven't asked ever since, because I have no problem finding great hunting country. Bring it on still if you feel you need to. It won't change my mind and my feelings don't get hurt. But still... I feel there are great people on here. Like water on a duck's back. I keep feeding my fellow ducks and they keep eating it up. Lol.

cameron0518
06-26-2019, 07:27 AM
The attempt at attacking others others rather than owning up to not thinking through your rant before posting is not helping you any. Just repeat the following and be done with it” I guess I was guilty of asking for advice with my post maybe I should not be complaining about others doing the same”. It’s one thing to screw up it’s another how you respond to screwing up

I am actually laughing my ass off watching you dig a hole do you want a shovel?:lol:

So there you go you received helpful advice :p

Read the posts, I made it quite clear that my post was thought about. Thanks for joining it late for your 2 cents. No issue with what I had to say and I stand by it 100%. Sorry if some folks don't like it. There are way too many people that think scouting is something done from a computer. At one time, I did too but I learned that there are better ways than just typing on a computer. I don't know many people that are the same and haven't grown in a timespan of 8-10 years. This site has its' know it alls, computer scouts, great guys, awesome hunters and I enjoy reading their posts. I also can take a good ribbing and can dish it out as well. I don't get worked up when getting attacked as I am a big boy that can handle it just fine. I don't need to post about my moose, elk, bison or big deer. My ego isn't that big so sorry if a certain few feel that I need to do that. I also don't mind helping someone out for most things, even good hunting areas that I don't hunt anymore. Hell, if I find a guy that I can tell knows his stuff in person and in the bush, I may help even more. If someone wants a great experience with their kids and especially if there are any sick or disabled children, I am more likely to help but I don't post it on here. Not everyone hunts from a computer for spots. Get off your asses and find a dirt road. And yes, still smiling fellow ducks. It is looking wet outside again today.

twoSevenO
06-26-2019, 09:05 AM
Can you just cut it out dude. Everyone can see through your hypocritical Bullsh** and wild one gave you some really good advice.

Stop digging a hole for yourself. Stop calling others for their spots which makes no sense as people can be helpful without giving their own spots. And stop trying so hard to get everyone to know how you're "laughing" about it. No one cares.

I, for one, wont reply to this thread anymore. I encourage others to boycott it as well as it is useless

cameron0518
06-26-2019, 09:11 AM
However, you cared enough several times. Seems 270 can't handle someone disagreeing with himself. Obvious by most of your responses on other threads. Like I said, this sight has all kinds. Let's see if you can take your own advice and stop. :-)

Mosin
06-26-2019, 09:55 AM
Can you just cut it out dude. Everyone can see through your hypocritical Bullsh** and wild one gave you some really good advice.

Stop digging a hole for yourself. Stop calling others for their spots which makes no sense as people can be helpful without giving their own spots. And stop trying so hard to get everyone to know how you're "laughing" about it. No one cares.

I, for one, wont reply to this thread anymore. I encourage others to boycott it as well as it is useless

Please don't encourage others to ignore the post. It shows you need others to collectively "swarm" this fellow by ignoring him. Rock on Cameron, stick to your guns. There's a few here who have some sort of buttbuddy agreement where they collectively attack one person. Jelvis comes to mind, jasmine etc. Kinda funny actually...a group of 50+ year old men cornering the "posting" territory of HBC and declaring who should be heard and who should be made fun of. How could Cameron not laugh at all this? Anyway, who wants a spot? Ask and if I have a tip I will tell you.

cameron0518
06-26-2019, 10:18 AM
Please don't encourage others to ignore the post. It shows you need others to collectively "swarm" this fellow by ignoring him. Rock on Cameron, stick to your guns. There's a few here who have some sort of buttbuddy agreement where they collectively attack one person. Jelvis comes to mind, jasmine etc. Kinda funny actually...a group of 50+ year old men cornering the "posting" territory of HBC and declaring who should be heard and who should be made fun of. How could Cameron not laugh at all this? Anyway, who wants a spot? Ask and if I have a tip I will tell you.

You bet! You nailed it.

Ajsawden
06-26-2019, 10:45 AM
The only way to see new areas is to go to them. What better reason to go to a new area than to have an LEH for that area? My buddy got a draw for moose in an area none of us have been to before. You bet your ass I'll be asking if anyone has an advice. Why not? Could be useful. I'll also being using every other resource I have available to be me to conduct research.

Mosin
06-26-2019, 11:11 AM
The only way to see new areas is to go to them. What better reason to go to a new area than to have an LEH for that area? My buddy got a draw for moose in an area none of us have been to before. You bet your ass I'll be asking if anyone has an advice. Why not? Could be useful. I'll also being using every other resource I have available to be me to conduct research.

Why not right? Ask for help and pass it on if you can. Imagine if the whole world ran like that, I ask a good deed for someone else and in turn do something for another...I know the world doesn't work like that but "my world" does and it has worked quite well so far. Ajsawden, pm me if your buddies Leh is in 5-02 but you better have a sweet wt spot for me since I've never headed east before lol

skibum
06-26-2019, 11:28 AM
The hunting experience extends far before actually getting boots on the ground, thinking / planning / dreaming about what to do, or where to go.

This forum sure did help me out when I started hunting in my mid-30's. Don't like a thread / dude, ignore and move on.

06-26-2019, 12:27 PM

for the Win!

I also Echo adriaticum 's post..... most people put LEH into places they would like to go, and cant just go scout... some of us have been doing it for a long time and have figured that out....

cameron0518
06-26-2019, 12:32 PM
Lol. Nice one! That better get you into the cool club. I will even push for that one. Don't make my cheeks hurt any more than they do already! :-)

Spy
06-26-2019, 01:03 PM
X2 The guy has been laughing at himself we all put our feet in our mouths once in a while... Its one thing joking but people dont heve tobe dicks....

06-26-2019, 02:18 PM
Bring it on still if you feel you need to. It won't change my mind and my feelings don't get hurt..

Awe I will Bitch, Y'all cant come down hea' all back peddlin' like dis! not without no flack sun
when All'yall get all bustid'n shit caught ya'll gotta take da hit man. dats how it rolls sun.

srupp
06-26-2019, 02:30 PM
It's not about grumpy hunters, and yes it is always good to lend a hand. However I do feel among the hunting community its becomes like a good fishing hole. I've spent years in different areas, trying and failing, trying and succeeding, try and just having adventures. That's hunting. Too me its always the same questions asked, where do I go to get the animals .......

Sometimes you just have to experience life for yourself and not ask others what it's like.

Hmmm you do make some great points, I agree..when I do try and help..its more along the lines of what..why..how..hunting the rut is different than hot sept days or cold november days..how and why has changed.
As to where..its more of where not..because of land issues, rd restrictions, current logging.etc etc..a couple of huge grizzlies had very low travel corridors..yes I was much more specific..Justin...and a seperate 2 hunters both got OLD 9 foot 800 pound bears..moose its the north of your MU or south of the mu..they still have to do the lions share of the work..
But I appreciate and truly understand your point..and actually agree
There is a lake I wont talk about for moose, a valley for Dalls.....so not absolutely everything is on the table..in case I fool myself and Iget better and not so sick.having said that I have 2 new bear hunters that im going to share everything about whatever I have lesrned about black bear hunting..mentoring..pass it on
Srupp

cameron0518
06-26-2019, 02:43 PM
Awe I will Bitch, Y'all cant come down hea' all back peddlin' like dis! not without no flack sun
when All'yall get all bustid'n shit caught ya'll gotta take da hit man. dats how it rolls sun. Another computer warrior but one that can't speak English. Trying to make a name for himself? Sounds like a rap song. Gangster's Paradise? I gotta admit that one takes the cake for dumbest jab as it never made me laugh. Thanks for saving my cheeks on that one! Don't worry, you won't get me going , not in my nature.

06-26-2019, 03:16 PM
Another computer warrior but one that can't speak English. Trying to make a name for himself? Sounds like a rap song. Gangster's Paradise? I gotta admit that one takes the cake for dumbest jab as it never made me laugh. Thanks for saving my cheeks on that one! Don't worry, you won't get me going , not in my nature.

lol the only one in here that was actually meant as a joke didn't make you laugh?
that's good.

Mosin
06-26-2019, 03:27 PM
when All'yall get all bustid'n shit caught ya'll gotta take da hit man. dats how it rolls sun.

The whole time I read that sentence I pictured you saying that while pointing a Glock sideways with one pant leg rolled up lol

06-26-2019, 03:30 PM
The whole time I read that sentence I pictured you saying that while pointing a Glock sideways with one pant leg rolled up lol

Badass!!!
I was having a stressful afternoon when I posted it and I really needed to get the "Idiot" out of me..... didn't get it all there is still some in there.

Bugle M In
06-26-2019, 03:30 PM
But I recall that one gripe was about folks applying for an leh hunt and then asking for info.
As far as I am concerned, "it's LEH", so if you cant hunt it but someone else can, then help out, imo.
What, everyone trying to protect a bull or something in hopes they win and it's grown to be a monster??
Unlikely.

GOS hunting I can understand not wanting to hand out too much info.
And I get older folks generally help out more because they just don't get out there like they once did, so help others out.
If anything the people you helped can always send a pm and let you know what they saw and how it was.
(I know someone asked me once about a particular area and that person told me what they experienced and what had changed from my info)

But for LEH hunts, what's the big deal to help?

Foxton Gundogs
06-26-2019, 03:35 PM
Good Post^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Steven Rupp an example to us all.

Mosin
06-26-2019, 03:49 PM
Badass!!!
I was having a stressful afternoon when I posted it and I really needed to get the "Idiot" out of me..... didn't get it all there is still some in there.

Open up the floodgates and let's the dawgs out!!!! Pun intended

IronNoggin
06-26-2019, 03:54 PM
Good Post^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Steven Rupp an example to us all.

Yep, there still are a few Real Gentlemen on this site. :wink:

Some others... not so much. :roll:

Great post btw Dru! Loved it Buddy! :lol:

Cheers,
Nog

cameron0518
06-26-2019, 04:12 PM
lol the only one in here that was actually meant as a joke didn't make you laugh?
that's good.

Now I laugh. Right on. There are some funny guys out there.

Gateholio
06-26-2019, 07:59 PM
This thread is a bit ridiculous, but it comes up every year.

Half the fun of hunting is the adventure of going on an unknown journey. Some of my best hunting trips were when someone in my group of friends got an LEH somewhere we didn't know and we were like "hell, let'make it happen! People should feel free to ask any question they want.

Remember- Nobody is obligated to provide information if they don't want to. How someone else feels about providing information is none of your business.

Mosin
06-26-2019, 09:00 PM
Well said Gatehouse

fuzzybiscuit
06-27-2019, 07:56 AM
This thread is a bit ridiculous, but it comes up every year.

Half the fun of hunting is the adventure of going on an unknown journey. Some of my best hunting trips were when someone in my group of friends got an LEH somewhere we didn't know and we were like "hell, let'make it happen! People should feel free to ask any question they want.

Remember- Nobody is obligated to provide information if they don't want to. How someone else feels about providing information is none of your business.

Well said Gatehouse

The Man of Reason has spoken once again...

About all I would add is that some of my best trips have been to an area I’ve never been to before. If someone wants to give me a bit of info so that I have an area to focus in on or even to just get started in, then so much the better.

Prior to moving to Alberta, I put in unsuccessfully for Island bull Elk for close to 30 years. I knew areas that I’d see them regularly and in those areas I had a pretty good idea of the quality of bulls in there. I couldn’t count the amount of times I helped someone else who had a tag out with info. Some connected and some didn’t. I chose to do that and it made me feel good. I find it funny that others would chose to hoard that info and yet it appears to make them bitter...

Carrollizer
06-27-2019, 08:00 AM
cameron0518 Do you know where's a good place for moose in 7-04? I got my LEH for that area this year?
Thanks in advance,
lol

LegerSmash
06-27-2019, 08:08 AM
Rofl
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ujBjn1qeCLs

Wild one
06-27-2019, 09:24 AM
I won't give you the exact location like some (not all) of the BcHunting chumps, I mean champs or is it chimps but I think if you do some calling, you should get a big bull.

Is this code for I have no clue so I just drive around covering ground and pray ;-)

cameron0518
06-27-2019, 09:35 AM
Is this code for I have no clue so I just drive around covering ground and pray ;-)

Sometimes?? Lol

albravo2
06-27-2019, 09:49 AM
There is a lake I wont talk about for moose, a valley for Dalls.....so not absolutely everything is on the table.

I'm glad you keep a few secrets Steven. You are hands-down the most helpful person on this site. I haven't killed anything yet based on your advice but every time I feel armed with extra knowledge and an appreciation of your mentorship. Hopefully a moose this fall based on our chats over the winter.

IronNoggin
06-27-2019, 11:36 AM
The maturity level of the OP and several he has goaded in this thread is well below kindergarten level.
As in sewer rat.
Really Ladz, time to grow up a little.

Nog

cameron0518
06-27-2019, 11:48 AM
The maturity level of the OP and several he has goaded in this thread is well below kindergarten level.
As in sewer rat.

Nog

Several I have goaded? Maybe reread and see who has been the good sport in all of this. However, thanks for your thoughts. You can always move on to another post. Calling someone a sewer rat could be an example of goading I would think. Not that your opinion matters to me. Good for a chuckle though. Cheers Nog!

06-27-2019, 11:52 AM
I'm thinking IBTL about now

cameron0518
06-27-2019, 11:56 AM
I'm thinking IBTL about now

I just wish everyone would just have a sense of humor. Obviously a lot of people do on here. I guess some just desire political correctness all of the time. ;-)

r106
06-27-2019, 12:54 PM
I just wish everyone would just have a sense of humor. Obviously a lot of people do on here. I guess some just desire political correctness all of the time. ;-)

Sorry don't really see much humor in this thread. Looks like it started as a rant from you, then someone called out your hypocrisy and the rest is a sad example you trying to back peddle out of it.

Ibtl

Mosin
06-27-2019, 01:03 PM
As in sewer rat.

Nog

Dude, you still took the time to read the posts to make judgement about its maturity level and took the time to post. It's got entertainment value

Elkhound
06-27-2019, 01:10 PM
My opinion matters and I have a sense of humor. However......any more will result in a thread lock and a time out

cameron0518
06-27-2019, 01:17 PM
Sorry don't really see much humor in this thread. Looks like it started as a rant from you, then someone called out your hypocrisy and the rest is a sad example you trying to back peddle out of it.

Ibtl

Times change as well as people and their opinions. My opinions change frequently and will in the future. In 8 years, my opinion changed so get over it and have a laugh on me. If people think that I will cower and apologize, they are mistaking. I can take being called a hypocrite or anything else. I stand up for what I believe in the present and can admit when I have been wrong. There isn't anyone that has never changed their views in their lifetime. I have changed mine on this situation and have no problem telling computer warriors that. No backpedaling here. Read this clearly... My view has changed in 8 years and nobody will make me ashamed of that. I thought this was pretty clear by now but you clearly don't. So suck it up and move on or have a laugh.