PDA

View Full Version : Spatzisi buckinghorse lake fly-in?

EGT
06-16-2019, 04:59 PM
Hey folks, I already searched through previous spatzisi posts and couldn't get an answer. A friend of mine and I were hoping to do our first fly in hunt next year and spatzisi looked very cool. Just wondering if I can be flown in to buckinghorse lake? Or does it have to be cold fish? And what would the prices look like for two guys in and hopefully a goat or sheep or two on the way out?

pg83
06-16-2019, 07:49 PM
Apply for LEH's depending on species and contact Alpine Lakes Air (https://www.alpinelakesair.com/) for legit information.

My info is outdated, but as of 2016, they had Buckinghorse listed as a destination.

EGT
06-17-2019, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the info!

warnniklz
06-17-2019, 10:20 AM
If I remember I think $2000 gets you in and out. Roughly 800 pound limit, maybe 850.

06-17-2019, 11:34 AM
As of last year Buckinghorse was $720 one-way plus tax. There's an outfitter camp at the north end. I was in that general area a couple of years ago for the last two weeks of August. We saw half a dozen goats, a few moose and caribou, no sheep and lots of grizzly bears.

dracb
06-17-2019, 07:25 PM
Decades ago I was flown in there several times. Great place for Caribou way up above the lake or for moose on the flats at the end of the lake. More than the occasional bear.

We set up wall tents by the lake and climbed the "wall" every morning to watch the Caribou.

topgun28
06-23-2019, 06:24 PM
If alpine air is willing to fly you in to a lake, chances are that there isnt a large population of sheep in that immediate area seeings how they also run the collingwood brothers outfit within the park... there are small pockets of sheep throughout the park. Cartmel is a popular destination for sheep, but few rams come out of that puddle recently and its very steep country. Head into buckinghorse with a caribou tag as you will likely see plenty. Consider using Rick or Clearance with Tsayta Air as they also have park use permits, I think BC Yukon may also be an option this year to get into the park; and they have a beaver

gcreek
06-23-2019, 08:45 PM
Maybe ask bearvalley.............

madcalfe
06-24-2019, 01:01 PM
Go onto alpine lakes air website they have a full list of every low they fly into within the Spatsizi. I’m headed there next month