PDA

View Full Version : Archery Shop in the Lower Mainland?

xtrail
06-13-2019, 09:52 PM
Going to be picking up a compound bow shortly. Where should I take it in to get set up? I've never owned a compound before and don't want to go to a big box store.

Big Lew
06-13-2019, 10:07 PM
Wayne at 'Big Game archery' in Abbotsford is very knowledgeable and good. He has a shop
in his basement.

Gateholio
06-13-2019, 10:31 PM
Is Boorman Archery in New West still there? I used to spend lots of my paper route money there. :)

OutsyderBC
06-14-2019, 07:01 AM
"Just Shooting Arrows", I think he has a couple stores.

Boormans is still there

Taylor329
06-14-2019, 04:25 PM
Just Shooting Arrows has a location in North Van and in Surrey, see Lucian, he will get you right.

adriaticum
06-20-2019, 06:52 PM
Yah boorman archery is great.

whitlers
06-20-2019, 09:42 PM
I'm not a big fan of Boormans. Maybe its just me but I never got along with the gal in there. Not the best customer service IMO. I'll be going to Wayne's from now on.

LegerSmash
06-21-2019, 04:01 AM
Yeah boormans is still in new west. I bought my first bow, a pse nighthawk, there. Never had a problem with the staff personally. They have a pretty good trade in program. Their indoor range is usually pretty quiet early during weekdays and is... 20 meters I think. Decent enough prices on arrows and everyone who works there is a fountain of knowledge.

DStewart
06-21-2019, 06:09 AM
I would definitely give Lucian a try at Just Shootin Arrows. Have had a great experience there, and if he doesnt have something in youre interested in he wull most likley get it in for you.

brn2ryd
06-29-2019, 04:40 PM
Just Shooting Arrows is great. They set me up at their Surrey Shop.
Boormans is terrible. I will never step foot in that store again.

adriaticum
07-02-2019, 09:01 AM
I'm not a big fan of Boormans. Maybe its just me but I never got along with the gal in there. Not the best customer service IMO. I'll be going to Wayne's from now on.

Maybe you are just not her type :D

whitlers
07-02-2019, 11:06 AM
Maybe you are just not her type :D

True. Could be that.... or maybe I just don't get along with condensceding crabby people who are not all that great at their job. I dunno

tko
07-03-2019, 08:29 AM
I like boormans, stay away from north van place, tried it once, guy screwed up my bow. I had to back to boorman to repair it lol

walks with deer
07-03-2019, 08:33 AM
wayne meyers big game archery..

TCMX
07-06-2019, 07:22 PM
yup Just Shooting Arrows is the place to go forsure !

Bear Brawler
07-07-2019, 10:38 AM
I like boormans, stay away from north van place, tried it once, guy screwed up my bow. I had to back to boorman to repair it lol
Funny, I bought my RX-1 at Boormans. Lucien at Just Shooting Arrows showed me how far off it was from right. He got the timing all synced, adjusted draw length to suit me better etc. I have now bought couple dozen arrows and parts from him.

Andrewh
07-08-2019, 09:10 AM
Had my cams and strings on my RX1 turbo warrantied at Boorman and the new strings were installed in the wrong orientation... would only draw to 1/2 draw.

Blew my mind that after they installed new cams and strings that they didn't put it on the draw board to check timing etc and discover the problem.

Boorman is a no-go for me

grousetrap
08-25-2019, 06:16 PM
Other than Boorman's I haven't been to any of the other archery shops that have been mentioned. I can say that as someone who was new to archery each person that I had dealt with at Boorman's was extremely receptive to all my questions and were full of helpful tips and tricks to help me get into hunting. I would recommend it to anyone, I can't speak about the poor customer service, but both I and my brother have gone there and it's always been fantastic.

sparkes3
08-25-2019, 09:35 PM
Only been to boormans once
never again.

JPederson
08-03-2020, 09:29 PM
I recommend Boormans in New West. I took my first bow to the "Pro" at Just Shooting Arrows (Surrey) and the draw length module came loose while in his possession and wore a groove into the lower limb. He offered to take care of me then sent me to voicemail and didnt return my call.

I haven't had a bow tuned at Boormans but they've always been good to me during my visits, and they've even let me square my arrows on the weekend with their arrow squaring device. I recommend dropping by on the weekend for some hunting stories.

hparrott
09-04-2020, 01:55 PM
True. Could be that.... or maybe I just don't get along with condensceding crabby people who are not all that great at their job. I dunno

I second that. They were really rude to me and had no interest in helping me even with bow setup as soon as I paid for my bow. Big game archery in Abbotsford has been fantastic

walks with deer
09-04-2020, 03:47 PM
Wayne at 'Big Game archery' in Abbotsford is very knowledgeable and good. He has a shop
in his basement.

secound that i order my gear from kamloops through him..

have been buying of him 31 years..dad longer

WWBC
09-04-2020, 09:18 PM
Another Vote for Wayne at big game archery.
On a couple occasions I’ve made really small purchases over the phone and he had no problem shipping them to me.

Monashee
10-15-2020, 03:34 AM
Got my first Chekmate bow from Boormans back oh 43 years ago . Native guy was working there showed me the push pull method of stringing it. Bow is still going strong

caddisguy
10-18-2020, 11:07 PM
Chilliwack Dart & Tackle seems good. I dropped by there a few weeks ago after a dry fire mishap. They spent the time to give it a good look over and tie on a new peep site. I felt bad just buying a pair of socks LOL

They're close to the highway too. Pretty convenient.