PDA

View Full Version : ATV / Snowmobile restrictions

Maxximus
06-10-2019, 12:11 PM
Hi everyone
FYI My group has been invited up to 5-13 to a friends property for a hunt this fall. We, of course, put in our LEH draws for this area hoping to get lucky. I check the reg's ( after the fact ) and there is a restriction in place regarding snowmobiles and atv's. They are not allowed in the entire 5-13 area. I checked back on this form to see if that included private land which a few believed it did not. Anyway, i phoned the regional office in Williams lake where I was told that the synopsis applied to crown land only. They weren't 100 % sure so gave me a number to call in 100 Mile. Bottom line, the restriction applies to all land in 5-13 including private land since 2007. Oh well. Looks like we'll put a lot of miles on our boots.

dakoda62
06-10-2019, 02:03 PM
Licensed dual sport motorcycle comes to mind. lol

RyoTHC
06-10-2019, 02:10 PM
Licensed dual sport motorcycle comes to mind. lol

Enduro would be perfect.
Time to go shopping.

j270wsm
06-10-2019, 03:17 PM
Why is there a restriction? How can they implement this restriction on private land?

Maxximus
06-10-2019, 03:48 PM
The restriction includes motorcycles as well (I forgot to metion that). They are in place for cariboo recovery as I was told. How long?? Your guess is as good as mine. I'm at a loss as to how they can tell a land owner how to go about their business.

Drillbit
06-10-2019, 11:49 PM
That was put in in 1985 (1986maybe), thanks to the local guides. Sept1 -Dec1
Pretty sure a dualsport licensed bike is ok tho? for sure a jeep/tracker.

If you've been invited to deer hunt private land along west fraser road you have a good chance of success.

If you're going for moose, they are very few and very far between.
You will see more wolf tracks than you can imagine possible.

Ride Red
06-11-2019, 05:29 AM
Hi everyone
FYI My group has been invited up to 5-13 to a friends property for a hunt this fall. We, of course, put in our LEH draws for this area hoping to get lucky. I check the reg's ( after the fact ) and there is a restriction in place regarding snowmobiles and atv's. They are not allowed in the entire 5-13 area. I checked back on this form to see if that included private land which a few believed it did not. Anyway, i phoned the regional office in Williams lake where I was told that the synopsis applied to crown land only. They weren't 100 % sure so gave me a number to call in 100 Mile. Bottom line, the restriction applies to all land in 5-13 including private land since 2007. Oh well. Looks like we'll put a lot of miles on our boots.

Nobody can restrict you from riding on private property, only crown land. Who ever told you this information is full of shit.

b72471
06-12-2019, 11:19 PM
The regulations apply to game animals and apply to all lands where you are allowed to hunt.
This area 5-13 works well with the present regs for hunting. If it was opened up to ATVs the deer would be slaughtered.
Their safety today is away from the beaten path or in Town. Hunters today don't seem to like taking that nice walk in the bush, "Why do that when we can DRIVE?"
Yes I have an ATV, When fall rolls around it sits in the shed.

REMINGTON JIM
06-13-2019, 06:57 AM
ATV - SNOWMOBILE Restrictions will NEVER be lifted ! :-( RJ