PDA

View Full Version : Bone saws

whalebone
09-22-2007, 08:27 PM
I have a bow saw and would like to turn it into a bone saw. I was wondering what peoples opinion are on saw blades. What would work best, metal saw blade, wood saw blade or is their a game saw blade.
I'm not too interested in cutting my game with a chain saw but we will have that option with us. Any feed back would be great.

moosecaller
09-22-2007, 09:01 PM
Princess auto has bone saws on now 25" for $14.99 it's a good price. I don't know if you can get a bone saw blade to sit tight enough in a bow saw to cut properly?

ryanb
09-22-2007, 09:18 PM
A wood blade works just fine. A metal blade would fill up with blood, marrow, etc pretty fast I would think and not cut very well.

Wildfoot
09-22-2007, 09:23 PM
i use a cordless recip saw with an agressive toothed wood blade

Allen50
09-22-2007, 09:26 PM
butchers use a fine tooth saw, as this way you do not get bone chips, that course saw blades cause, and a bone bough from a buttcher supply shop are fairly cheep. and you can also get extrea bleads as well..

Husky7mm
09-22-2007, 09:31 PM
I use a colgen camp saw. It cheap and you can replace the blade. I've had expensive "folding" saws and they all brake. The best saws dont slide in to the handle, but rather fold in so they will not cut you while your working on an aniamal.