PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Season updates

WoodOx
09-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Just cause I am bored, I thought a thread to let people update HBC on their season to date could be interesting...

As for me, I have only encountered immature bucks (>160 mule deer, >140 whitetails) and does. Here in the Okanagan the weather has just turned, and we are seeing snow on several higher ranges (Little and Big white for instance).

Some friends of mine got a immature moose on opening morning and have seen several others in the general area.

Overall I think this year will be a good one. Weather is turning earlier than usual, which means more game movement. Me and JJensen are tempted by two 160+ class 3 point mule deer and are considering going back to find them on opening "all mules".

Hope everyone else is having a season as fun as myself!

todbartell
09-22-2007, 11:30 AM
season started with a trip to Chetwynd in early September and I got my first elk on day two.

Back home I went out opening morning and a few times since, for deer, but sightings are really down and only a few does so far. I did shoot a couple grouse last time out with my 22.

Husky7mm
09-22-2007, 01:11 PM
The weather is turning nicely here in the east kootenys. The leaves are changing colours. The elk are starting to bugle. The mornings are frosty and we finally got rain. The best of all is that all the "special" early season oportunities are over so the traffic is starting to die down.I should be hunting right now....

jjensen20
09-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Me and JJensen are tempted by two 160+ class 3 point mule deer and are considering going back to find them on opening "all mules".

I am not tempted by that 3 pt........if i see it it goes down......with no second thoughts

livingston
09-22-2007, 06:57 PM
My first ever sheep hunt was a awesome experience, I saw some of the most beautiful area I have ever had the pleasure of hunting.Saw lots of game, caribou, moose(a 50" bull),sheep(none legal), mule deer etc.

Sheep hunting is definately alot of fun but hard work as well, and we didn't even get anything to pack out but we did battle alot of brush.I don't think there is any way to stop me going again next year:D

Plus on the way home we stopped Fort St. John for some elk hunting and had our chances on a good bull but could not connect. I see why elk hunting is addictive as well when the elk are bugling right in front of you and all around, it gets the blood pumping.

The Hermit
09-22-2007, 07:52 PM
I managed to kill a small 2 point Whitetail on the last day of archery season in the EK. Heading up to PG in a few days to look for bullwinkle on my LEH tag.

mcrae
09-22-2007, 08:23 PM
6x6 Elk and a small Whitetail for me so far...

newhunterette
09-22-2007, 08:30 PM
hmmmm 3 trips organized for the warden oops I mean Hubby (1 white tail doe so far in the freezer) - my trip still coming I hope