PDA

View Full Version : LEH Deadline Extended

2chodi
05-30-2019, 05:12 PM
Until June 7, 2019

Region 5 moose authorizations now included online.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/hunting/limited-entry-hunting

and

​https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/hunting/important-notices

boxhitch
05-30-2019, 05:31 PM
Group groan by all those that already applied for other moose hunts to get something in before the deadline.

limit time
05-30-2019, 05:44 PM
Protest reg 5, don’t let them make a cent off it.

randymac
05-30-2019, 06:41 PM
WTF? this is bullshit, just trying to bring in a few more dollars

Bugle M In
05-30-2019, 07:06 PM
I have never applied for R5 Moose.
How different is it looking from previous seasons?, if anyone knows from past experience.

pg83
05-30-2019, 07:18 PM
tags in the area I put in dropped from 40-50 to under 10.

Island Roo
05-30-2019, 07:21 PM
I say we all hunt region 5 to show these political games won't deter us.

But I'm one of this group "Group groan by all those that already applied for other moose hunts to get something in before the deadline."

Bugle M In
05-30-2019, 07:32 PM
tags in the area I put in dropped from 40-50 to under 10.

wow…………...

Cyrus
05-30-2019, 07:53 PM
Huge drop in authorizations in the area I put in for as well. I dont ever think I will get another before it is shutdown for good

deltawaterfowler
05-30-2019, 09:06 PM
The site has been super slow as of late too... maybe that's why they decided to extend it?

srupp
05-30-2019, 09:23 PM
Hmmmm what am I missing? I cant find numbers of moose authorization ?
Only says TBD
Steven

cameron0518
05-30-2019, 09:31 PM
What a joke! They wait until 2 days until cutoff. Anyone should be allowed to change their moose leh's already submitted. How could it take this long to get it together??!

Deadshot
05-30-2019, 09:56 PM
Hmmmm what am I missing? I cant find numbers of moose authorization ?
Only says TBD
Steven
Go to the “Apply for LEH” in your profile.
It’ll show in the Hunts section.

srupp
05-30-2019, 10:15 PM
Go to the “Apply for LEH” in your profile.
It’ll show in the Hunts section.

Thank you.
Steven

ROY-alty33
05-31-2019, 12:36 AM
At least now I can tell the wife I am not a procrastinator....I was 9 days early!

flyboy
05-31-2019, 10:35 AM
Wow big reduction in LEH authorizations, must be a big reduction in moose numbers in the Cariboo area?
Everyone must have gotten told to reduce their harvest as well?

Oh no I forgot they were dictating the rules..wonder if that closed door meeting with the government was before or after the one with west moberly over the Caribou recovery.

albravo2
05-31-2019, 10:56 AM
I'm usually a last minute guy but got my applications in early this year to switch up my luck. With this extension I'm even earlier than I thought.

Hellooooo Rosie tag!

Bugle M In
05-31-2019, 11:04 AM
I'm usually a last minute guy but got my applications in early this year to switch up my luck. With this extension I'm even earlier than I thought.

Hellooooo Rosie tag!
After I win mine, I might be asking you where to go as I see you are in Squamish.
Take it you wouldn't have far to go if you did win.

MichelD
06-01-2019, 12:01 PM
Well I have reduced odds for the area I chose seeing as I was drawn last year, but seeing as the area is only 5.5:1 now I guess I'm at 11:1 which isn't that different from a lot of areas anyway.

Bugle M In
06-01-2019, 12:14 PM
Well I have reduced odds for the area I chose seeing as I was drawn last year, but seeing as the area is only 5.5:1 now I guess I'm at 11:1 which isn't that different from a lot of areas anyway.

Interesting what you say here.
And with odds like that, I think the system is fine etc.
But, talking to my buddy who had the Pitt Draw, he will have as much chance of winning it again come next LEH as I would.

Somehow when it is 600:1 odds and you win, you should be done with it and no longer eligible.
Not that its a great chance in winning "EVER".
But, I just don't get that.
He already won it, and in my opinion could not live to the age of 600 anyways.

It should be one adds after they win once should be "proportionate" (somehow) to the odds of that specific draw.
That way everybody gets a better "fair shake", imo.
Again, maybe I am wrong?

MichelD
06-01-2019, 12:52 PM
Actually I was wrong; my odds have been reduced by 66 %, not 50 %.

I just looked again at the LEH paper. If your buddy was drawn in the Pitt last year, he also has reduced odds of 66%.

But, talking to my buddy who had the Pitt Draw, he will have as much chance of winning it again come next LEH as I would.

Somehow when it is 600:1 odds and you win, you should be done with it and no longer eligible.

It should be one adds after they win once should be "proportionate" (somehow) to the odds of that specific draw.
Again, maybe I am wrong?

todbartell
06-01-2019, 01:34 PM

If the $$ generated by LEH applications goes directly to wildlife management, we should not be turning away applicants

Bugle M In
06-01-2019, 04:12 PM
Actually I was wrong; my odds have been reduced by 66 %, not 50 %.

I just looked again at the LEH paper. If your buddy was drawn in the Pitt last year, he also has reduced odds of 66%.

Yes, his odds are reduced but from what he says, he will be back on par with everyone else next year.

Bugle M In
06-01-2019, 04:15 PM
If the $$ generated by LEH applications goes directly to wildlife management, we should not be turning away applicants

Fair enough, but so far the money isn't going anywhere but general revenue and pissed away.
Also, there would be very few dollars in the grand scheme of things lost as revenue if my buddy was now "out" of that draw.
He could still put in elsewhere also.

And if we ever did have proper funding, it wouldn't just come from hunters, as that wouldn't be near enough to do much good
for all of BC anyway (it's just a start, imo)
More money would have to come from some sort of "eco fee" for many outdoor products.
Just how I look at it.

MichelD
06-01-2019, 05:17 PM
Yes, his odds are reduced but from what he says, he will be back on par with everyone else next year.

Tell him to reread page two of the LEH paper. The 66% reduction applies for three years for those lucky LEH participants for moose province-wide and for elk LEH draw winners in Regions 1 and 2.

I'm not arguing with you at all; just pointing out what is written in the LEH guide.

HighCountryBC
06-01-2019, 05:22 PM

Again, maybe I am wrong?

It's a lottery and he already has reduced odds for 3 years. At 600:1 it makes absolutely no difference to you.

The Hermit
06-01-2019, 09:44 PM
I suspect the extension has nothing to do with revenue but everything to do with the Regional Bios not getting their recommendations on numbers into head office on time.

Ltbullken
06-03-2019, 10:41 AM
I suspect the extension has nothing to do with revenue but everything to do with the Regional Bios not getting their recommendations on numbers into head office on time.

And moose auth numbers negotiations with 'stakeholders'.

dasnake
06-04-2019, 06:20 PM
With the extended date how long after does the draw take, i feel lucky this year, my wife beat 750.000 to 1 odds earlier this year so im hoping it rubs on me.

reel lucky
06-05-2019, 06:13 PM
The Wildlife Branch is not running the show in area 5. They lost control of the harvest years ago

Mosin
06-06-2019, 07:05 AM
After I win mine, I might be asking you where to go as I see you are in Squamish.

No , you wouldn't have to go far in squamish if you win BUT spotting those elusive beasts is a whole different game within the dates. Definitely not a "gimme"

albravo2
06-06-2019, 08:12 AM

The Squamish herd is funny, I see them all the time when I'm not looking for them but can never find them if I go looking. Lots of Indian land and no shooting areas to contend with too. I think the Indian River draw would be much easier but I think the alpha bull was taken out of there last year or the year before. He was a cranker.

Caribou_lou
06-09-2019, 08:37 AM
What is the point of deadlines if they arent going to be followed? Oh right, this is government we are talking about. What a joke

Bugle M In
06-09-2019, 02:07 PM
The Squamish herd is funny, I see them all the time when I'm not looking for them but can never find them if I go looking. Lots of Indian land and no shooting areas to contend with too. I think the Indian River draw would be much easier but I think the alpha bull was taken out of there last year or the year before. He was a cranker.

Yup, I heard a big bull came out of there.
Never sure about the road however, as it used to be blocked and then washed out.
Mind you, haven't been up there since the early 90's when we used to 4 wheel in there with jeeps all the way to the back.

I suppose a boat thru and into the Indian arm is another way, but then you need a way to get transport in there as well.
Would agree however that there is more hunting and shooting back there than up front in Squamish.

Arctic Lake
06-10-2019, 09:43 AM
So is LEH now closed or was there another extension ?
Thanks
Arctic Lake

tyreguy
06-10-2019, 10:44 AM
Closed now, cannot enter any draw selections when i checked just now

RyoTHC
06-10-2019, 10:49 AM

Glad that's the case. Every extension means the draw is later and then I have less and less time to plan my Rosie hunt ! Jeeesh.

Arctic Lake
06-10-2019, 12:21 PM

Thanks for the information !
Arctic Lake

Ltbullken
06-11-2019, 09:07 AM
Are the results up yet?? =D

twoSevenO
06-11-2019, 09:41 AM
Yup, I heard a big bull came out of there.
Never sure about the road however, as it used to be blocked and then washed out.
Mind you, haven't been up there since the early 90's when we used to 4 wheel in there with jeeps all the way to the back.

I suppose a boat thru and into the Indian arm is another way, but then you need a way to get transport in there as well.
Would agree however that there is more hunting and shooting back there than up front in Squamish.

As far as I know the road is ok and one can drive all the way to the end. Now, whether that meant on ATV or in a truck, that I'm not sure on. Probably ATV

Bugle M In
06-11-2019, 09:53 AM
As far as I know the road is ok and one can drive all the way to the end. Now, whether that meant on ATV or in a truck, that I'm not sure on. Probably ATV

Thanks.
I guess it's one of those things that if you win, you have to go scout.
I guess only then would we know.
Thought maybe a few of the Squamish/hbc locals would know.

Deer_Slayer
06-12-2019, 03:55 PM
Appeasing the Chinese because they didn't understand about deadline! Bullshit

kolofardos
06-12-2019, 05:04 PM

Huh? What's this all about?

Stillhunting
06-12-2019, 05:30 PM
Had a chance to look at the new number of authorizations in R5. What a joke, just shut it down for everyone if things are that bad.

huntcoop
06-12-2019, 06:37 PM

That there is funny, any legitimate proof?

Piperdown
06-13-2019, 06:39 AM
Had a chance to look at the new number of authorizations in R5. What a joke, just shut it down for everyone if things are that bad.

They are only doing this because fathead Joe the great indian chief whines more than Turdhole. Area 5-13b where my buddies ranch is has a very healthy population of moose and deer.