PDA

View Full Version : Looking to the hunting community for help with my son

JIL_24/7
05-13-2019, 08:56 AM
Hi Guys,
I haven't posted for a while. My 9 year old son has developed what is fair to say is a life threatening physiological and mental disorder. According to everything I have read 1 in 5 don't make it. I am doing my best here in the city, but I know that if I could get him out it would do him so much good. He loves it outdoors and is asking me when we can go bear hunting. My thought is to take our wall tent and set it up somewhere within 3-4 hours of the Lower Mainland for about 13-16 days starting June 2nd. I could then bring the whole family out for a couple of days, and I could get him back and forth as needed. What I'm looking for is some advice on a safe place to do this as there may be a couple of nights in there where the tent and gear are left. It would also be good for there to be some bears around as that is part of the adventure and something he really wants to be a part of. I think that if I can get him out of the city and into the bush I have a chance to start gaining ground with him. I am taking the time off of work. My boy is the priority right now. Please PM me if you have any concrete ideas/suggestions. I have hunted plenty around Princeton and Tunkwa which are in that distance, but I'm not sure I know a good place to set up that will be safe when we're not around. If you can help I would really appreciate it.

silveragent
05-13-2019, 09:03 AM
You may get more response from Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/HuntingBc/

BRvalley
05-13-2019, 09:32 AM
I think if you want some sense of security while you are away, probably best to look at resort campgrounds....PM inbound with a suggestion

05-13-2019, 09:40 AM
Pm sent to you.

plumberjustin
05-13-2019, 09:47 AM
If you’re interested in heading over to Vancouver Island, PM me, I can point you in the right direction where you’ll likely get into some bear action.

Slinky Pickle
05-13-2019, 10:14 AM
PM sent to you

monasheemountainman
05-13-2019, 10:21 AM
yeah pick a nice lake with a campground and people around that can make sure your gear is safe...good luck!

cameron0518
05-13-2019, 08:25 PM
Positive results start with active parents. Looks like you have that. Best of luck in your situation. Coming from experience, never stop pushing the medical system, it is the only way to get the best help for your child.

scoutlt1
05-13-2019, 08:52 PM
Will send you a PM...

snipersights
05-14-2019, 05:25 AM
Good luck to both you and your son. I don’t know much about mainland hunting but if you come to Vancouver Island I can put you on some bears for sure. Pm Sent

HarryToolips
05-14-2019, 09:35 PM
Very sorry to hear that, I will send you a PM in case you make your way out to reg 8...God bless.....

BStrachan
05-17-2019, 06:12 PM
Sorry to hear about your son. I'm not familiar with the mainland but VI has lots of bears. My thought is Half hour North of Campbell River. There is a FSR that takes you to Brewster lake. Lots of free campgrounds and good fishing along with bear!

JIL_24/7
06-01-2019, 06:26 PM
Hi boys,
Looks like we will be going to Lac la Jeune for a couple of nights. That's all I can do with him. I need a more controlled environment. Which direction should I head if we want to run into a bear or two? Paska? Tunkwa?

cameron0518
06-01-2019, 08:24 PM
Either way is good. Try the farthest way the first day and closer to home the second. Tunkwa usually has bears but have seen them around Paska. I would say Tunkwa has more area.