PDA

View Full Version : Sukunka area, Chetwyn

Hunterguy
09-21-2007, 10:05 AM
I am Changing over to plan B area wise and was wondering if anyone could help me with some info. Sukunka FSR. area, if so that would be huge, Thanks.

elkdom
09-21-2007, 10:24 AM
great area for elk moose deer but incredible amounts of gas drilling and pipeline construction heavy rig traffic,hard to bugle elk with rig drilling noise trucks , bulldozers etc ,hard to get far enough from noise and disturbances, would maybe do better Puggins mtn area , Elliots ranch area(east side of Murrey river ) first road on right after crossing Pineriver Bridge between Chet, and Dawson Cr on the Heart hwy, any Ques..? I type like a snail !

elkdom
09-21-2007, 10:38 AM
PS. anlerless elk mu,s 720to 22 ,32 to 35 oct 4 to 11 no leh req, also amended antlerless mule deer Sept 1 to Oct 31 both for private land including buffer zone Crown land within 1ooo mtrs for elk, 2000 mtrs for mule deer check updated regs good luck!

Everett
09-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Make sure you have a vhf radio so you can call kms. When we headed in this year we counted over a hundred trucks on the road. Once you get past the 40km point it dies out. There is amazing vehicle accesable sub alpine at the 100km mark.

One Shot
09-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Hunted the Sukunka, Hook lake and Burnt River areas before there was a Tumbler Ridge. It had all the game in there at one time and all big animals at that if a remember. I was back in there in the summer 2002 and boy has it changed not the same aby moy with skinny overgrown roads, now it has paved highways in there. Although it was summer it did not appear to have nearly the game it used to have but I was informed from friends that have moved up there and other locals that it is still reasonably productive particularly if you get off the roads away. Good luck let us know how you make out.

warren0427
09-21-2007, 01:14 PM
I would get a hold of a radio the coal trucks are hauling out of there, very busy. As well of lots of pick ups so a radio is a must. Good luck

fuzzwilkens
09-21-2007, 08:04 PM
does anyone know which kind of vhf radio will work for mining and logging trucks? i haven't been able to find any in Vancouver but I know I'm not looking for the right one. thanks

Husky7mm
09-21-2007, 09:12 PM
There is a coal mine up there now?

dukester
09-22-2007, 03:12 PM
pm sent on bcfs contact in Chet.

warren0427
09-22-2007, 03:55 PM
yeah theres a least one coal mine that i know of and there might be more further in there. Its actually easier to travel that road in the dark u can see lights at least, the road is really only one lane but there are lots of pullouts. At the beginning there is a big pullout where a guy can wait for a coal truck and see if you can follow him in, if u cant get a radio.