PDA

View Full Version : Cariboo chilcotin imminent loss of hunting access ?

srupp
05-02-2019, 04:57 PM
Hmm there was recently a meeting of minds regarding the caribou situation in region 5..I suspect both west of williams lake..Iches..and east Caribou mts..
Rumour has it in the Pond..that May 3,2019..like tomorrow..an anouncement will be made to keep a further 3,000 sq kilometers ? Will be made off limits to access to non aboriginals.no access for hunting, snowmobiling, logging, fishing etc etc. .to save the caribou..
Secondary will be an increase to moose allocations in other areas to distract..hmmm perhaps why TBD for moose prevails.
Local feeling is that its a concerted attempt to isolate double what is currently off limits to taxpayers by a special segment. ..and the caribou are being used as a pawn to achieve an agenda.
I knew about the caribou concern but nothing about the further reduction in our access to BC.
Once the details emerge I will pass on what happened..once again ? A private agenda behind closed doors to benifit the chosen few.
Sickening if true..
Srupp

RugDoctor
05-02-2019, 06:25 PM
Meeting of the nominds more like it.

srupp
05-02-2019, 07:01 PM
Hmmm supreme court of Bc..or appeals court just decided on the Desautels case..ameican indian..hunting in BC no tag no license..today May 2,2019..he can do it so can any of the millions of AMERICAN indians..forget borders..come to Canada 365 days a year...day..night..kill all you want whatever species..open season. .you dont need no stinking licenses..no concern for limits or openings or concern for species at risk.. seriously...idiots....
Wonder how many bussloads head north to pillage and plunder our resources.
Pissed

Ride Red
05-02-2019, 07:46 PM
WTF is going on with this province. Can’t wait till these F’n idiots are out of power. For any of you who voted NDP, you are idiots too.

Deaddog
05-02-2019, 07:57 PM
Hmm there was recently a meeting of minds regarding the caribou situation in region 5..I suspect both west of williams lake..Iches..and east Caribou mts..
Rumour has it in the Pond..that May 3,2019..like tomorrow..an anouncement will be made to keep a further 3,000 sq kilometers ? Will be made off limits to access to non aboriginals.no access for hunting, snowmobiling, logging, fishing etc etc. .to save the caribou..
Secondary will be an increase to moose allocations in other areas to distract..hmmm perhaps why TBD for moose prevails.
Local feeling is that its a concerted attempt to isolate double what is currently off limits to taxpayers by a special segment. ..and the caribou are being used as a pawn to achieve an agenda.
I knew about the caribou concern but nothing about the further reduction in our access to BC.
Once the details emerge I will pass on what happened..once again ? A private agenda behind closed doors to benifit the chosen few.
Sickening if true..
Srupp

pretty accurate info srupp. Ask your bcwf reps that were at those meetings for details.

Bugle M In
05-02-2019, 07:59 PM
You know what is really stupid SRUPP?

Here we are, trying to find funding for our wildlife and habitat to properly manage it.
Which probably ,means, if we are ever successful with that, that we all will be paying higher taxes or
"conservation fees" on all sorts of thing etc.
And we will probably just get that in place, only to realize we cant go out there and hunt because it is all
shut down.

In the end, we will be paying for habitat restoration just so the frickin FN have it good!
That's what I predict.
Total Bull Shit!

338win mag
05-02-2019, 08:24 PM
Its going to spread throughout the entire province, and because it involves the UN, and UNDRIP, it will include the entire country.
So you can thank Trudeau for accepting the UN declaration in its entirety, which they didn't need to do. Other countries only accepted a part of it...The liberals accepted the full deal, look into it.
So then the province here in 2017 accepted the full deal and are introducing legislation implementing UNDRIP into law....the first province in Canada to do so.
The entire country is getting phucked and BC is getting banged big time because of the treaty process. I could say alot more but am biting my tongue.

srupp
05-02-2019, 08:59 PM
Hmmm added piece of info....guess who gets to enforce the no go agenda protecting the precious 3 %...any guesses...anyone ? Anyone?
Yes we have a wiener...the correct answer..the keepers of the trough. .errrr land..gag.

Driving through region 5 pulled over by indian ..no go..its indian land giggle..I mean its 3,000 sq.kilometers protecting our sacred caribou..
Comercial fishermens livlihoods ended..now guides, logging contractors, sports fishermen, sports hunters..etc etc
Hmm guess my friend from Germany will need to be content looking at downtown bills puddle..it will LIKELY shut down yanks peak..cunningham FSR to Barkerville..?
Tommorrow fast approaches. .we shall await the actual announcement. .
Very sad

Ride Red
05-02-2019, 09:02 PM
Could very well be a war on the horizon.

wildcatter
05-02-2019, 09:03 PM
Sickening if true..
Srupp

So what does that leave for the white population?
Sooner or later we will have no place to go because the whole province/country will belong to the privileged 2-2.5%

HarryToolips
05-02-2019, 09:20 PM
Could very well be a war on the horizon.
Yup.........we might just have to finally stand up for our rights....

Bugle M In
05-03-2019, 01:11 AM
Honestly, 10 years ago, I had no real issues with the FN.
I'd say 5 years ago, FN things were starting to hit my radar of concern.
2 years ago, I had do deal with the FN run campsite (refuse to ever use another one!!)
And now, I am pissed.

So, I can only surmise that the FN - NON FN Divide is at it biggest point ever, in a long-long-long time!!
This has not brought Reconciliation.
Not at all!!
This is not going to end well.

Every time the government raises taxes and a non hunter bitches to you....(gas prices etc, this is what u do)
Just tell them 1 out of 6 dollars goes to the FN!
That will wake people up!!!
And they won't like it.
That's how you start to rock the boat and fix it.

HarryToolips
05-03-2019, 06:31 AM
^^^I agree....how could we start an online petition asking government to stop giving them so much? Circle that around Facebook etc and that would also educate people..

Wild one
05-03-2019, 06:53 AM
^^^I agree....how could we start an online petition asking government to stop giving them so much? Circle that around Facebook etc and that would also educate people..

Presently that has no hope of achieving results because of Trudeau embracing the UN and UNDRIP

But what can at least make a step in the right direction is attempt to get people to push for Canada to leave the UN and scrap UNDRIP here in Canada. With this being an election year and Cons leading the polls it is possible for a change in direction. A lot of Canadians out there who don’t even think about FN still want out of the UN so this makes it easier to gain support

Petitions or any form of push towards present government is a waste. FN issues still need to be addressed we have to except that but we can try to push for realistic plans to accomplish this

338win mag
05-03-2019, 07:26 AM
Several threads all tie together, the common theme in the air is "dishonesty" Confidential meetings, flying under the radar,
no media coverage etc.

I implore you guys to go to the BC treaty commission site http://www.bctreaty.ca/ have a look around and see for yourself.

The average Native has no idea whats going on, and I doubt very, very, much that any at the top had any idea that we would be at the point we are today.
The UN are playing a massive role in this entire process, I would like to ask our political masters one simple question,
why did you accept UNDRIP in its entirety?....I think I know why.

I'm afraid racism is going to increase to levels never before seen in this country, thanks to all those involved who thought they were doing the right thing, now you have put Native people in a real bad place. Native friends I have been talking to are really concerned, as well they should be, and when I hear some guys talk I just put my head in my hands.

Our Fathers and Grandfathers fought for this country, they fought to maintain "freedoms" that we have enjoyed thus far, those freedoms are going to cease to exist, those freedoms are fake.

Bugle M In
05-03-2019, 09:40 AM
^^^^^yes to this.
And yes to racism "growing" due to these more recent events that are happening.

I am just not sure whether to be upset about it all?
OR
Thankful, because it is making more and more people aware of these issues (and they aren't happy either)
and maybe this is actually not the end us, but rather the beginning of some new changes to scrap this
whole financial/land BS and tying it all in with reconciliation.

eric
05-03-2019, 11:36 AM
Anybody remember Willy442
He talked about this a number of yrs back, and people scoffed at him.
His prophecy is coming true today...

Rob Chipman
05-03-2019, 11:56 AM
"In the end, we will be paying for habitat restoration just so the frickin FN have it good!"

I think that that idea has already gained some legal traction - as in, the government has a fiduciary obligation to ensure that FNs can practice traditional practices as part of their constitutional rights. I'm not saying its fair, right, legal, or anything. I'm just saying that Bugle's comment isn't as far-fetched or new as some may think. Change is coming. We're going to have to figure out how to manage it or we're going to not be happy with the results.

Bugle M In
05-03-2019, 12:13 PM
Honestly, I don't know how we go forward anymore.
Almost thinking we have to go backwards to a time where it "wasn't pretty".?
As barbaric and thoughtless as that sounds, it seems like this is the only path left.
The Government and their lawyer friends don't give a shit about "Our" future and our next generation
of kids to follow.

Just look at the Salmon Ban.
There is still going to be nets across the river come summer.
Truth is, every fisherman with a boat is going to have to rally together and start "slicing up nets".
That's how we make the news it seems now.

Anything less than civil disobedience is going to be left unheard.
It this type of action that I really think is the only path left now.
Time to fight back and leave the signs behind (no one is reading them anyways)

Wentrot
05-03-2019, 12:16 PM
Honestly, I don't know how we go forward anymore.
Almost thinking we have to go backwards to a time where it "wasn't pretty".?
As barbaric and thoughtless as that sounds, it seems like this is the only path left.
The Government and their lawyer friends don't give a shit about "Our" future and our next generation
of kids to follow.

Just look at the Salmon Ban.
There is still going to be nets across the river come summer.
Truth is, every fisherman with a boat is going to have to rally together and start "slicing up nets".
That's how we make the news it seems now.

Anything less than civil disobedience is going to be left unheard.
It this type of action that I really think is the only path left now.
Time to fight back and leave the signs behind (no one is reading them anyways)

Your bang on, the letters and emails do squat. It’s time to start being noticed if we want change.

Wild one
05-03-2019, 12:17 PM
Hate to say it but under present government we are screwed on this issue

WhiteTailAB
05-03-2019, 01:18 PM
Wow. I was thinking of hunting in region 5 near quesnel with my GFs Opa but idk if I even want to bother with it.

Bugle M In
05-03-2019, 01:21 PM
Yup, ^^^^stayed tuned in!

Boner
05-03-2019, 06:58 PM
I'm afraid racism is going to increase to levels never before seen in this country, thanks to all those involved who thought they were doing the right thing, now you have put Native people in a real bad place. Native friends I have been talking to are really concerned, as well they should be, and when I hear some guys talk I just put my head in my hands

I agree with this. Funny thing is, is that the extra entitlements or whatever it’s called won’t be any benefit to 90% of FN’s. I don’t have any figures to back that up, but I have a fairly good perspective on what happens.

Gateholio
05-03-2019, 07:34 PM
Sooner or later we will have no place to go because the whole province/country will belong to the privileged 2-2.5%

Not just "white" population. Non Native population.

I've been saying for a few years eventually things are going to be so restrictive that people just start ignoring the rules. First they will hunt in "closed" areas because there is no real conservation related reason not to. Then they will think, well, I'm already breaking one law, what other laws do I not agree with and choose to follow or not?

It's a slippery slope.

scoutlt1
05-03-2019, 07:40 PM
Several threads all tie together, the common theme in the air is "dishonesty" Confidential meetings, flying under the radar,
no media coverage etc.

I implore you guys to go to the BC treaty commission site http://www.bctreaty.ca/ have a look around and see for yourself.

The average Native has no idea whats going on, and I doubt very, very, much that any at the top had any idea that we would be at the point we are today.
The UN are playing a massive role in this entire process, I would like to ask our political masters one simple question,
why did you accept UNDRIP in its entirety?....I think I know why.

I'm afraid racism is going to increase to levels never before seen in this country, thanks to all those involved who thought they were doing the right thing, now you have put Native people in a real bad place. Native friends I have been talking to are really concerned, as well they should be, and when I hear some guys talk I just put my head in my hands.

Our Fathers and Grandfathers fought for this country, they fought to maintain "freedoms" that we have enjoyed thus far, those freedoms are going to cease to exist, those freedoms are fake.

Couldn't agree more. People need to realize and understand the part the UN is playing in, and affecting, not just our lives, but the lives of our children and the policies and ideology of every single part of our "governance".

It is going to much worse before it get better.

Good post!

180grainer
05-03-2019, 10:04 PM

Bigger question is, what does that leave for the BC Native population? Indians aren't a monolithic group nor do they see themselves as that. I can hardly believe the Natives in the Chilcotin will want any Natives, American or not, coming into their territory, (for lack of a better or more accurate term) and killing their access to moose and deer. You just might find yourself side by side a Native from Sugar Cane protesting this court decision.

wildcatter
05-04-2019, 12:21 AM
Not just "white" population. Non Native population.

I've been saying for a few years eventually things are going to be so restrictive that people just start ignoring the rules. First they will hunt in "closed" areas because there is no real conservation related reason not to. Then they will think, well, I'm already breaking one law, what other laws do I not agree with and choose to follow or not?

It's a slippery slope.

Yes you are right about that, however majority of hunters, other than native, is white people.

wildcatter
05-04-2019, 12:24 AM
Bigger question is, what does that leave for the BC Native population? Indians aren't a monolithic group nor do they see themselves as that. I can hardly believe the Natives in the Chilcotin will want any Natives, American or not, coming into their territory, (for lack of a better or more accurate term) and killing their access to moose and deer. You just might find yourself side by side a Native from Sugar Cane protesting this court decision.

Well it might just be like the good old days when the different Indian tribes start beating the war drums.

Ride Red
05-04-2019, 05:00 AM
Couldn't agree more. People need to realize and understand the part the UN is playing in, and affecting, not just our lives, but the lives of our children and the policies and ideology of every single part of our "governance".

Good post!

They have till June. https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5080102

browningboy
05-04-2019, 07:10 AM
The government has drunk the fn koolaid, it’s getting so stupid, land at YVR and you first walk into airport and everything is FN, canoes, birds, etc, just rediculous! Every ceremony for a ground breaking they have one dancing and beating their drum... like what’s with this bag licking on the FN for? FN don’t contribute F@@k all to taxes etc, but yet we lick their bags... rediculous

180grainer
05-04-2019, 07:13 AM
Well it might just be like the good old days when the different Indian tribes start beating the war drums.

Absolutely. The BC Native might be on the cusp of being force fed what they've been doing to us for years. Unfettered slaughter of wildlife in what they call their traditional territory. The irony would be of course, unfettered slaughter by other natives and not the big bad white guy. Now go protest that Tonto. Karma's a bitch.

northof49
05-04-2019, 07:45 AM
New $10 note......back features an eagle feather, representing the ongoing journey toward recognizing rights and freedoms for Indigenous peoples in Canada. Guess its fitting to put it on money. Nice to have the reminder of continual giving. LOL

gcreek
05-04-2019, 11:13 AM

Good post!

Yes, one needs to remember the south of Africa 30 years ago and the UN's involvement there and ongoing...…….. Coming to a country near you!

358mag
05-04-2019, 11:31 AM
Yes, one needs to remember the south of Africa 30 years ago and the UN's involvement there and ongoing...…….. Coming to a country near you!

Since when did we vote in the UN to run this country ?
So true , but way to many of the do gooders in Canada cant see it . Feel sorry for our kids + grand children .

charlie_horse
05-04-2019, 12:20 PM
At the end of the day the only recourse is going to be civil disobedience, but I'd bet we lose all of our fish and wildlife first, along with all resident hunting and fishing.

Bugle M In
05-04-2019, 12:24 PM
Unfortunately, the millennials are starting to run the country.
They hold the highest population of age group in Canada.
There thinking is very different.
They are till young enough not to have "health issues", thus riding a bike is the "only way" to get around.
Many don't have families yet.
There biggest bitch is their post secondary education fees.
Really, it's them that we have allowed (as some of us here are their parents!) to swallow the kool aid.

I hate to say it, but it might take their kids generation to realize how F'd up everything got.

I don't look forward to growing old with this generation at the helm in Politics some day soon.
All we can hope is that enough countries some day soon start walking away from the UN and thus stop
flipping the UN's bill.
Hard to say what happens next?

scoutlt1
05-04-2019, 06:58 PM
It's all good....

https://firstnationsfinancing.net/aboriginal-auto-financing.php

https://fnfa.ca/en/fnfa/

boxhitch
05-04-2019, 07:09 PM
New $10 note......back features an eagle feather, representing the ongoing journey toward recognizing rights and freedoms for Indigenous peoples in Canada. Guess its fitting to put it on money. Nice to have the reminder of continual giving. LOL

the price of a mickey of 5Star or a jug of Porch Climber wine ?

pronghorn
05-04-2019, 07:25 PM
This is a truly scary thought and it’s not only reg 5 as it’s 7b all the way to the kootneys. If this goes through it will end up in a big mess that will get real ugly.

180grainer
05-04-2019, 08:07 PM
Rumour has it in the Pond..that May 3,2019..like tomorrow..an anouncement will be made to keep a further 3,000 sq kilometers ?
Ok, so now that everyone is worked up over this rumor........is it true? Tomorrow's come and gone.

srupp
05-04-2019, 09:00 PM
Hmmm was out all day..paper comes out at start of week
Srupp

wildcatter
05-04-2019, 09:18 PM
Absolutely. The BC Native might be on the cusp of being force fed what they've been doing to us for years. Unfettered slaughter of wildlife in what they call their traditional territory. The irony would be of course, unfettered slaughter by other natives and not the big bad white guy. Now go protest that Tonto. Karma's a bitch.

I hope it's true when they say: what goes around comes around.
No way this kind of stupidity can be sustained in the long term.

180grainer
05-04-2019, 09:31 PM
Hmmm was out all day..paper comes out at start of week
Srupp
If you, or anyone who's got the access, could post up official links to the information, that would be great. Been reloading like a SOB, and even brought out and dusted off the Stars and Bars before I realized.........I haven't seen anything official. Appreciate you raising the alarm, but I'm sure we all want to see the official version. One question. Did this take the BCWF by surprise? And if not, why weren't us members informed this was coming.

180grainer
05-04-2019, 09:39 PM
I hope it's true when they say: what goes around comes around.

Absolutely. This would be the best thing since the first coming of Christ. No one to blame but themselves, their brethren, and the Left wing phukes in our Government/Justice system. No white privilege, no white patriarchy, no calls of racism, no nothing. You phuked yourselves with your own misguided and arrogant beliefs, and your own self serving bullshite. Bring all the natives up from Washington State, Montana, Idaho, wherever. And let them kill everything without oversight like you've been doing for decades. Bring it on.

RugDoctor
05-04-2019, 09:43 PM
Absolutely. This would be the best thing since the first coming of Christ. No one to blame but themselves, their brethren, and the Left wing phukes in our Government/Justice system. No white privilege, no white patriarchy, no calls of racism, no nothing. You phuked yourselves with your own misguided and arrogant beliefs, and your own self serving bullshite.
You don’t honestly believe that anyone would take responsibility do you? You don’t actually think the truth will matter....patriachal whity will still be to blame. You know this.

180grainer
05-04-2019, 10:02 PM
You don’t honestly believe that anyone would take responsibility do you? You don’t actually think the truth will matter....patriachal whity will still be to blame. You know this.

The continued demise of our huntable wildlife was always going to come to an end with the current paradigm in place. You can not have a significant hunting population, (the FN) hunting without oversight. You simply can't manage the resource that way. We all know that. Everyone knows that. So to usher it in by having the FN eating themselves.......well, who gives a phuke about who believes what. We know. I just love the idea they phuked themselves. I just love the idea their traditional and "one with nature" practices were their own undoing. Maybe I've listened to too many FN tell me the numbers of moose they've killed while I didn't even get an LEH.

180grainer
05-04-2019, 10:17 PM
And if you know of any FN south of the border, tell them to come on up. Great moose hunting up here. Just point them in the direction of the Chilcotin. You know Chilcotin's will have another road block up preventing "you" from moose hunting. I'd love to have a good view when the Cree and Blackfeet show up looking for a moose steak. Yahoo says I.

srupp
05-04-2019, 10:32 PM
If you, or anyone who's got the access, could post up official links to the information, that would be great. Been reloading like a SOB, and even brought out and dusted off the Stars and Bars before I realized.........I haven't seen anything official. Appreciate you raising the alarm, but I'm sure we all want to see the official version. One question. Did this take the BCWF by surprise? And if not, why weren't us members informed this was coming.

I will indeed post whatever comes out..decision will come from Victoria ?
I suspect the tribune paper will hold the answer.
I am goiing to scout for bear.lF it ever warms up, greens up.
Steven

Hmm aparantly 2 ? From BCWF were at local meeting..locals feel the baby is being thrown out with the bathwater..

180grainer
05-04-2019, 10:36 PM
We should all be writing to the various band offices south of the border and telling them about our over population of moose in the Chilcotin. If this decision is legit, lets go "Crazy Ivan" on them. Embrace this nonsense. They expect you to fight it. Lets start encouraging the FN down there to come up and kill moose in our province. Hey, it's legal. Why not? Road blocks? They'll know how to deal with road blocks, (I'm particularly interested in this aspect). I wonder how Global would report that? Seriously. You're losing your rights right now. You are. Quit denying it. You're losing your hunting heritage and you have no one speaking up for you. No one. The BCWF is a lost cause. Tell me of someone. So lets proactively inform our FN brothers south of the border of this decision, and of our over population of moose. I'll offer up a couch to a traveling hunter. How about you? Lets bring this bitch on.

My last post for the night.

srupp
05-05-2019, 05:02 PM
Hmmmm friend was coming home from Kamloops.he mentioned he heard it on the news..that tge decision..whatever ....caused liberals..provinvcial ? Or federal ? Have announced a 30 day delay in the releasing of any decision. Apparantly severe pushback caused somebody voncern..GOOD.
Srupp

2chodi
05-05-2019, 06:40 PM
Now it's starting to sound suspiciously like the Section 11 agreement for Southern Mountain Caribou (Itcha/Ilgachuz included) and the Partnership Agreement — government has been travelling the province talking about these and the engagement period was extended to May 31. There was a public meeting in Williams Lake. Could this be the case?

Hmmmm friend was coming home from Kamloops.he mentioned he heard it on the news..that tge decision..whatever ....caused liberals..provinvcial ? Or federal ? Have announced a 30 day delay in the releasing of any decision. Apparantly severe pushback caused somebody voncern..GOOD.
Srupp

ElectricDyck
05-05-2019, 06:57 PM
It sucks, there will be no war, just reluctant surrender of privlidges..no rights for non native canadians...death of a thousand regulations, its over..

180grainer
05-06-2019, 07:18 AM
It sucks, there will be no war, just reluctant surrender of privlidges..no rights for non native canadians...death of a thousand regulations, its over..

If you actually look at what's happening, you can see hunting for "everyone" is doomed. Not only do we have the FN continuing to hunt unmanaged, we now, (at least it seems) FN from even outside the country can now hunt here unfettered. But it doesn't end there. Every animal the anti's focus on to save are predators. Save the bears, save the wolves, save the cougars. Although my alcohol induced rant seems weird to some, I think the only way to combat it is to openly and publicly embrace it to accentuate the utter insanity of what's going on right under everyone's nose. The government, judicial system, environmental groups and activists, and the FN communities in this province are the biggest threats to a healthy and sustainable hunting heritage, and environment generally, for everyone. The ungulate populations are where they are in this province right now due to the groups I mentioned. It's not regulated hunting. It's policy and special interest influence.

RugDoctor
05-06-2019, 08:37 AM
If you actually look at what's happening, you can see hunting for "everyone" is doomed. Not only do we have the FN continuing to hunt unmanaged, we now, (at least it seems) FN from even outside the country can now hunt here unfettered. But it doesn't end there. Every animal the anti's focus on to save are predators. Save the bears, save the wolves, save the cougars. Although my alcohol induced rant seems weird to some, I think the only way to combat it is to openly and publicly embrace it to accentuate the utter insanity of what's going on right under everyone's nose. The government, judicial system, environmental groups and activists, and the FN communities in this province are the biggest threats to a healthy and sustainable hunting heritage, and environment generally, for everyone. The ungulate populations are where they are in this province right now due to the groups I mentioned. It's not regulated hunting. It's policy and special interest influence.
I still say it own’t matter the action or inaction at this point. The things you describe will come true....the depletion of wildlife etc however nobody will dare put the blame where it belongs, and whitey will still be blamed. White colonials, white hunters, white government....don’t forget, facts and the truth no longer matter.

ElectricDyck
05-06-2019, 08:49 AM
I agree action or inaction don't matter, the laws are against us, the judges are against us, the school books are against us, the green religion money making machine is great at fundraising and are just picking up speed..it's over..hunting and fishing will be for Indians and people who can afford to hire Indian guides..

338win mag
05-06-2019, 08:57 AM
You are right but.....Indians have always been hunting in Canada, the border just divides bands, families, its not a big deal imo. If it gets out of hand the Indians will sort it out, sort of.

I suspect that the government will pour lots of cash into wildlife so they can and will say, look at what we did, also so the Indians have lots of game as per its Constitutional obligations. I wouldn't be surprised if an infusion of cash is forthcoming from the UN so they can say...look at what we did.

Without a doubt the worst thing to happen to wildlife is the anti's who lobbied, solicited cash from unsuspecting donors, spent cash supporting FN rights through activists doing the devils work. Under the guise of...we have to save wildlife....they have contributed to the demise of wildlife as they took out the only user group who put anything into it.

No need for any of it, there was/could be enough for everyone but the government wants it this way, otherwise they would of done something,,,, anything would of been better than nothing. The UN has got its roots firmly planted in our government and brought about an agenda of destroying Nationalism and taking Canada out at the knees, exactly as they have done with other Nations.

I have been informing everyone I come into contact with about how our governments are giving our sovereignty away, nobody knows about it and when they are informed they are not happy. The only ones who seem to want it are those involved with the public school system, and those who push the manifesto, the ones who use our children to do their dirty work, and its dirty to use children to lobby the public by protesting "save indigenous lands" (the placard sign I saw last week).

I dont know about you guys but, my compliance is going to be tested and I dont know whats going to happen if someone other than law enforcement trys to enforce something that is simply not going to work. I was in a threatened position not to long ago, I wasn't backing down and they saw I was going to do whatever it takes for self preservation. An enemy is in the making here.

180grainer
05-06-2019, 01:52 PM
You are right but.....Indians have always been hunting in Canada, the border just divides bands, families, its not a big deal imo. If it gets out of hand the Indians will sort it out, sort of. I disagree with that. Natives have always fought over territory and resources long before the Europeans showed up. If this decision is true and FN from other areas can now legally just come in and hunt unfettered where ever they like, it will cause problems.

I suspect that the government will pour lots of cash into wildlife so they can and will say, look at what we did, also so the Indians have lots of game as per its Constitutional obligations. I wouldn't be surprised if an infusion of cash is forthcoming from the UN so they can say...look at what we did. If you can point to other test cases where this has happened, I'd be interested in knowing. The Constitution in no way says it's government's responsibility to "ensure" huntable number for FN. It simply puts them higher on the food chain when it comes to priorities as to who gets what.

.................................................. ...........................................

rocksteady
05-06-2019, 05:06 PM
I can not believe how many people i talk to that are so happy with the FN reconcilliation and recognition, but once they hear the financial impacts and resource abuse, say "wtf???"

Almost like its a heart warming feel good story til the get into the guts and feathers

rocksteady
05-06-2019, 05:23 PM
Frosts my pumpkin that 3500 members of the Sinixt tribe can come to Canada and hunt grizz.. but i have lived my whole 53 years here and xant even get an leh to do it

srupp
05-06-2019, 05:33 PM
Hmmmm New Westminister debating removing judge Mathew Begbie. ..natives ecstatic the hanging judge is beingvremoved for what he did to the 6 Chilcotin Chiefs.
Hmm he hung 6 convicted murderers..
Political correctness gone tòòooooooooooooooooooo far.
Srupp

338win mag
05-06-2019, 05:38 PM
I know fn who hunt in Canada as routine, they do it in bc and out on the prairie's, I dont know about back east but I suspect the same....and they are of the same territory. I'm surprised this isn't more well known, it is anywhere along the Canadian/USA border I have seen/been.

On the second point you raise..... you are right there....I just think to make the FN happy they will pour cash into wildlife and turn it into a reconciliation issue.

mpotzold
05-06-2019, 05:43 PM
Hmmmm New Westminister debating removing judge Mathew Begbie. ..natives ecstatic the hanging judge is beingvremoved for what he did to the 6 Chilcotin Chiefs.
Hmm he hung 6 convicted murderers..
Political correctness gone tòòooooooooooooooooooo far.
Srupp

See #28
http://newwestcity.ca.granicus.com/DocumentViewer.php?file=newwestcity_3177f8240b65bc 327f751aa5972eb3d0.pdf&view=1

Sirloin
05-06-2019, 06:41 PM
It's the United Nations at work in our country AGAIN.
Greenpeace is also pushing the indigenous UNDRIP angle for environmental protection, they would happily have NO PUBLIC ACCESS land throughout the entire country.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/canada-still-not-saying-how-it-will-hit-un-commitment-on-land-protection-by-2020-1.3993287 (https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/canada-still-not-saying-how-it-will-hit-un-commitment-on-land-protection-by-2020-1.3993287)

Canada still not saying how it will hit UN commitment on land protection by 2020

OTTAWA -- Environment Minister Catherine McKenna says Canada is committed to meeting its promise to protect about one-sixth of its land and waterways by 2020, but won't say if the government has yet identified how it will get there.
If such a plan exists, it wasn't revealed today after a meeting between McKenna and her provincial and territorial counterparts in Ottawa, although she says progress was made in identifying possible targets for protection.
McKenna also says some of the $1.3 billion for nature protections announced in the recent budget will start to flow this summer, with money available to provinces, territories, Indigenous governments and non-profits to push forward protection projects that are ready to go.

It has been eight years since Canada committed under the UN Convention on Biological Diversity to protect 17 per cent of its land and fresh water by 2020. A year ago, the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society warned Canada was lagging behind most of the rest of the world in meeting that goal.

Canada still has to find a way to protect about 650,000 square kilometres of land -- an area roughly the size of Saskatchewan -- and the process to set aside protected lands can be lengthy and complicated.

Alison Woodley, national director of conservation at the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society, says today's meeting and the fact money is starting to flow are good steps forward, even if there is a long way to go.

https://www.greenpeace.org/canada/en/press-release/325/greenpeace-occupies-environment-and-climate-change-canada-with-51-tombstones-to-denounce-failure-on-caribou-protection/

"The woodland caribou has been on the Species at Risk list for over 15 years. According to the 2017 report of the Social Progress Institute, prepared by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard Business School, Canada ranks 88th in the world in terms of habitat protection on its territory.

Better protecting this nationally threatened species would help Canada meet its international commitments under the Convention on Biological Diversity to protect 17 percent of its lands and inland waters by 2020. Taking these steps in equal partnership with Indigenous Peoples also offers an important opportunity to implement the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/minister-mckenna-highlights-government-of-canadas-commitment-to-protect-nature-parks-and-wildlife-677129073.html

Today, in Victoria, the Minister of Environment and Climate Change, Catherine McKenna, outlined how the historic $1.3 billion investment in nature and conservation, announced in Budget 2018, will enable the protection of Canada's natural places and the recovery and preservation of wildlife in Canada. The investment will contribute $500 million from the federal government to create a new $1 billion Nature Fund in partnership with corporate, not for-profit, provincial, territorial and other partners. The Fund will make it possible to secure private land, support provincial and territorial species protection efforts, and help build Indigenous capacity to conserve land and species.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would love to see a detailed budget to know exactly which non-profit groups are getting a piece of this $1.3 billion

https://www.canada.ca/en/environment-climate-change/services/nature-legacy/fund.html
Related funding initiatives

Indigenous Guardians Pilot Program (https://www.canada.ca/en/environment-climate-change/services/environmental-funding/indigenous-guardians-pilot-program.html)
This program gives Indigenous peoples greater opportunities to exercise responsibility in on-the-ground stewardship of their traditional lands, waters, and ice.

https://www.canada.ca/en/environment-climate-change/services/environmental-funding/indigenous-guardians-pilot-program/map.html

What are the chances this is tied to the "Tŝilhqot'in Nation pilot Indigenous Guardian program (by the Tŝilhqot'in National Government)"???

Sirloin
05-06-2019, 06:48 PM
I agree action or inaction don't matter, the laws are against us, the judges are against us, the school books are against us, the green religion money making machine is great at fundraising and are just picking up speed..it's over..hunting and fishing will be for Indians and people who can afford to hire Indian guides..

The green religion money making machine is getting a chunk of that $1.3 Billion of tax payer money no doubt...

scoutlt1
05-06-2019, 07:10 PM
There are some dark storm clouds on the horizon.

The fault of the nastiness that will likely come, rests on the vile UN and their repugnant "policies", the "leaders" (federal/provincial/munucipal etc..) who are f***ing everything up, and the citizens who are either too blind or stupid to understand, condone, and willfully support the aforementioned pieces of dogsh*t.

If this path continues, it will get really ugly.....

180grainer
05-06-2019, 07:16 PM
I know fn who hunt in Canada as routine, they do it in bc and out on the prairie's,

I don't doubt that. What I do doubt, and unless they've been invited, the local FN would support it.

tigrr
05-06-2019, 08:16 PM
Kiss goodbye the hunting in BC if we don't stop Turdo from adopting all that the UN propose.
It was a liberal MP from Toronto working with the 2 native ministers in Van that is pushing all this FN Cariboo land claim stuff.

338win mag
05-06-2019, 08:18 PM
Kiss goodbye the hunting in BC if we don't stop Turdo from adopting all that the UN propose.
It was a liberal MP from Toronto working with the 2 native ministers in Van that is pushing all this FN Cariboo land claim stuff.
It would be good if some of the traitors to Canada fell down the stairs and landed on a sharp knife.

180grainer
05-06-2019, 08:21 PM
I'm no fan of the UN and I do believe they are trying to influence Canada is some pretty nefarious ways. But if they had that much love for the FN you'd think they'd first focus on getting them fresh drinking water. As we all know, there are reserves in Canada that don't have clean water. Where's the UN's influence there? It's not about giving anything to the FN. They'll be dealt with after we are. It's about dividing and conquering.

338win mag
05-06-2019, 08:56 PM
Its about open borders and allowing everyone to go wherever they want in the world unfettered, the UN feels their only obligation is to indigenous around the world.

browningboy
05-06-2019, 10:23 PM
Well I find over multiple threads how people will revolt, shiet will hit the fan if they take our rights etc, to be perfectly honest, nothing will happen, we’ll apologize and roll over and our rights will be gone, and you know why and it’s sad... we are way out numbered and no one cares about resident hunters.. that’s what really f@@king sucks! I don’t have an answer either! Pretty sad

Wild one
05-07-2019, 07:49 AM
Well I find over multiple threads how people will revolt, shiet will hit the fan if they take our rights etc, to be perfectly honest, nothing will happen, we’ll apologize and roll over and our rights will be gone, and you know why and it’s sad... we are way out numbered and no one cares about resident hunters.. that’s what really f@@king sucks! I don’t have an answer either! Pretty sad

Yup stomp feet and pout is how it will go

Can’t say I am much better with the F it I am out of here approach

boxhitch
05-07-2019, 12:30 PM

The B.C. government says it will introduce legislation to implement the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People (UNDRIP), among plans announced in Tuesday's throne speech. (https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/throne-speech-bc-2019-1.5016202)
The goal is to table legislation sometime this year. If passed, it will make B.C. the first province in Canada to legislate its endorsement of the declaration.

Premier John Horgan told reporters on Tuesday he's unsure what implementation will look like — if a single bill will do the job or if several pieces of legislation will need to be rewritten. He said legislative councils are working on the details and will be reporting back with their findings.

"I know it will be more than symbolic," Horgan said.
"We need to address reconciliation in British Columbia, not just for social justice... but for economic equality for all citizens, Indigenous and non-Indigenous."

all in the dumps

Sirloin
05-07-2019, 04:26 PM
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/secwepemc-territorial-patrol-1.5083237

First nations territorial patrol trucks and enforcement of the public on crown land, funding by our government.

WhiteTailAB
05-07-2019, 07:16 PM
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/secwepemc-territorial-patrol-1.5083237

First nations territorial patrol trucks and enforcement of the public on crown land, funding by our government.

Wow. $20 to pick mushrooms. Jesusssss

You guys in BC gotta fix your province.

Bugle M In
05-07-2019, 07:31 PM
I wish I could say what I am "really thinking" and want to do.
But, I cant say it!
But, I am not happy at all reading some of these threads and latest updates.
I sure know what I want to do however....

180grainer
05-07-2019, 07:33 PM

All about getting you use to having to deal with the FN in authoritative roles. Getting it to be the norm. Baby steps. Next will be powers of arrest and detainment, laying of charges, and criminal convictions, and finally the ability to use deadly force, while "on their land". The distinction as to whether you'll have problems with them won't be the color of their uniforms, it will be the color of "your skin and your ethnicity". It will be the motivation that drives them into the bush to look for you. They are literally advocating having an enforcement body who's enrollment criteria is dictated by the person's race and a deep feeling the land and resources belong to them. Let that sink in. Who will they be accountable to for their behavior towards those they meet while "on duty"? Not the general public that's for sure. You going to go to the local band office to seek redress?

silvertipp
05-07-2019, 07:47 PM
I can tell you one thing if they ever try to stop me
I will treat the with exactly the same respect they give to our game wardens

scoutlt1
05-07-2019, 07:52 PM
Will be rather interesting when I finalize my property purchase in the Chilcotin....

Do the words "bring it" mean anything???

180grainer
05-07-2019, 08:08 PM
Do the words "bring it" mean anything???
And this will be the inevitable result of using race as the central criteria for being either the enforcer or the enforced; an ever escalating spiral of resentment and mistrust of the other leading to violence. This is basic human psychology. A moron should be able to understand it. So this has to be a government initiative.

338win mag
05-07-2019, 08:15 PM
The same shit is gonna happen all over the province.

Bugle M In
05-07-2019, 08:36 PM
I can tell you one thing if they ever try to stop me
I will treat the with exactly the same respect they give to our game wardens

For sure!, you got that right!!

wildcatter
05-08-2019, 09:12 PM
I was really contemplating buying a piece of land in the Chilcotin, but Srupp talked me out of it. Thank you Steven!
Instead bought in the Cariboo, it seems to be OK FOR NOW.

gutpile
05-08-2019, 09:26 PM
I would love to live in the Chilcotin is it bad all over there ? it's big country !

RyoTHC
05-08-2019, 10:10 PM
I would love to live in the Chilcotin is it bad all over there ? it's big country !

Well I think anything is better than the LML so you'd be making an improvement either way.

Redthies
05-09-2019, 11:42 PM
CBC is reporting that they just threw a senator out and suspended her for the duration of this session for “racist remarks”. She was describing FN people as “lazy, opportunistic, pampered and inept”. She said she was being “truthful”. Shows you where the “truth” will get you... Don’t get me started on the sea of comments by the huddled masses!

303savage
05-10-2019, 05:52 AM
For any of you who voted NDP NDP = 'another dumb politician.

RugDoctor
05-10-2019, 09:01 AM
Just remember, you aren’t allowed to own anything there. Everything is community property and people will come and take what they want from you when they want to. This includes everything from your vehicle, to your household posessions, and apparently may even include any land you may “own”. It’s some of the most beautiful country in the province....too bad it’s plagued with pestilence.

limit time
05-10-2019, 06:53 PM
Well I think anything is better than the LML so you'd be making an improvement either way.
You wait and see . I’ll bet y’all be coming down to reg 2 to hunt after the FN own the North lol !! Two bears... any buck...ducks...geese... cougars...

srupp
05-10-2019, 07:15 PM
would love to live in the Chilcotin is it bad all over there ? it's big country !

Hmm this site has been Incredibly good to me....
Best advice..dont even contemplate ANYTHING west of the Fraser River.EVER.
It will be eventually handed over piece by parcel.
Everything you own will piece by piece be taken.
Your safety is not assured.
Help is 40 minutes behind the bad guys whoever they may be.
There are different rules.
Dont even think of it.
Sage advice.
Cheers
Steven

RugDoctor
05-10-2019, 08:02 PM
Originally taken from an American site...but applies: Canada was founded by tough hell raisers, rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco brewed beer and spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved only by those same types of citizens.

scoutlt1
05-10-2019, 08:06 PM
Originally taken from an American site...but applies: Canada was founded by tough hell raisers, rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco brewed beer and spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved only by those same types of citizens.

Amen......

wildcatter
05-10-2019, 09:41 PM

Yes it may just come to that.
I will be landing a hand for sure if I'm still around.

wildcatter
05-10-2019, 09:48 PM
BILLIONAIRE INTENDS TO BUY 15% OF THE PLANET TO PROTECT IT.
https://truththeory.com/2019/05/05/billionaire-buying-15-30-of-the-land-in-the-world-to-protect-it/
This is much bigger than the Chilcotin issue, the idea is the same.
Note, it mentions first nations and lands in North West Territory.
Reading it sounds good first, areas open to the public, but of course there is more.
You can bet hunting will be prohibited in all these areas.
And as we have seen once the land is handed over to the Indians, it will be off limit to most of us.

ElectricDyck
05-11-2019, 08:06 AM
You wait and see . I’ll bet y’all be coming down to reg 2 to hunt after the FN own the North lol !! Two bears... any buck...ducks...geese... cougars...

Wouldn t that be ironic lol