PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Hunting

Laxputs
05-02-2019, 02:16 PM
Anyone recommend a book on mountain hunting that focuses less on a specific species and more about safety, picking lines up and down, reading peaks, draws, valleys, slides, weather, etc? Perhaps it's not even a hunting book but I'm not looking for gear heavy mountaineering, just a pack and boots. Thanks. -Tom

Hombre
05-02-2019, 02:19 PM
Anyone recommend a book on mountain hunting that focuses less on a specific species and more about safety, picking lines up and down, reading peaks, draws, valleys, slides, weather, etc? Perhaps it's not even a hunting book but I'm not looking for gear heavy mountaineering, just a pack and boots. Thanks. -Tom
Not a book but a forum for mountain hunters out of the U.S called Rokslide. If you can't find it there it won't be in a book.

boxhitch
05-02-2019, 04:17 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/5165XQfbSWL._SX292_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg for starters

blackbart
05-02-2019, 09:05 PM
Mountain hunting is all about glassing and glassing and glassing. How do you like my book? Sequel is only shoot something where you know you can retrieve it.

avadad
05-03-2019, 12:50 AM
Rockslide...

HunterChef
05-03-2019, 11:34 AM
Best way to learn about mountain hunting is to go mountain hunting. Get out for a multi-day backpack hunt and see if it's for you.

There is no half way. After his first exposure, a man is either a sheep hunter or he isn’t. He either falls under the spell of sheep hunting and sheep country or he won’t be caught dead on another sheep mountain.
—Jack O'Connor ”The Bighorn,” March 1960