PDA

View Full Version : Local Sporting Goods Stores

Maverick
09-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Anyone familiar with Stillwater sports in Delta? Other recommendations for the lower mainland?

The Dawg
09-20-2007, 09:17 PM
What kind of things are you looking for specifically?

If its fishing equipment, you cant go wrong with Berry's Bait and Tackle on Westminster in Richmond.

Firearms etc, Italian Sporting Goods or Reliable Gun are both great.

Maverick
09-20-2007, 09:21 PM
Sorry, should have been more specific. Firearms/hunting in general. A Berrys' bait & tackle for the hunter.

Steeleco
09-20-2007, 09:22 PM
PM Stanway here on the site, he works there from time to time. Good little store.

The Dawg
09-20-2007, 09:31 PM
Sorry, should have been more specific. Firearms/hunting in general. A Berrys' bait & tackle for the hunter.

I really like Italian Sporting Goods...some people dont like the service, but I personally have had nothing but great interactions there. Vic, Joe and Chris are all great guys and super knowledgable.

bsa30-06
09-20-2007, 09:35 PM
highly recomend reliable gun.also try lock stock and barrel in new west.

speedbird
09-20-2007, 09:53 PM
http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/index.cfm

Still water is fine if your not far from Ladner,not much stuff though. I wouldn't make the drive again.

Reliablle is were i buy my guns and ammo.

If you dont mind the drive accross the border, about 40 min south of Belingham the Sportsman's Warehouse in Burlington is huge, the size of Costco, fishing and hunting stuff up the ying yang.I took my wife down and dropped her off at the outlet mall accross the street and then spent 3 hours looking and shopping.Huge selection of everything,and the girls at the check out were pretty nice looking too.

Maverick
09-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Thanks for all the info and recommendations. very much appreciated

Plincker
09-20-2007, 10:05 PM
I just bought a rifle from Italian Sporting Goods today and I was very impressed with how knowledgable they where. More than helpful ordering in my gun for me and having it ready in no time. They have a pretty decent selection of Ammo too. Vic, Chris and Mike are great guys.
I'm not gonna bother with Lever Arms anymore, not after the service I got at Italian!

Good Luck,
Chris

Gunner
09-20-2007, 10:06 PM
If you're into waterfowling you can't beat Stillwater for ammo,decoys and clothing.I know I used to turn my paycheck over to Brian at the end of the month!:wink: Gunner

lapadat
09-20-2007, 10:16 PM
Hubs in Abbotsford or Chilliwack Dart and Tackle (no darts available). Dart and Tackle has a great selection of new and used firearms at reasonable prices.

Mr. Dean
09-20-2007, 11:16 PM
If you hit Langley; Specialty Shooting Sports IS worth a look-see.

Maverick
09-23-2007, 05:23 PM
Thanks again for all the replies. I think I"ll have to make an effort to get out to each to see which i like. I'm sure they all have something to offer.

newhunterette
09-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Mike and Rhonda - Specialty Shooting in Langley
Roger - Hubs Sport in Abbotsford

browningboy
09-23-2007, 05:57 PM
bass pro shops- Kansas city

Mr. Dean
09-24-2007, 09:57 AM
Thanks again for all the replies. I think I"ll have to make an effort to get out to each to see which i like. I'm sure they all have something to offer.

You hit the nail square on.

I find that most of the stores tend to lean/focus on some of my tastes but not ALL of them. I've found that trying to get something orderd in can be tough on the head, especialy if it's needed in the next 30 days...

I have two and sometimes 3 merchants that I'll call upon when needed. This'll usually keep me from having to go 'mail order'.

Machinist
09-24-2007, 12:55 PM
WANSTALLS in MapleRidge is now under new ownership , The new owners have really cleaned up and re-organized the store and have a lot of good deals on gun's / hunting & fishing equipment , it's worth checking out if your out this way,