PDA

View Full Version : question? about Williston Lake.

springpin
09-20-2007, 11:52 AM
Hello,

I have a question about Williston lake area. My dad got an Leh for moose up there, starting around the 4 of Oct. I am thinking on heading up, for deer. So my question is, How is the deer population up there? for myself. and how is the Moose population for my dad. Any help would be great as we have never been up there. Dad will be heading up from Comox , and myself from Golden.

Thanks,
Chad (aka springpin)

Dillybar
09-20-2007, 03:54 PM
I've seen deer on the south side of the lake but have not seen much by where the Fultan River comes in on the north end. Last time we were there saw lots of moose. I must caution you at the North end we had issues with the locals at Fort Ware.

By far the nicest country I have hunted.

moosinaround
09-20-2007, 05:12 PM
seen deer and moose up there. Elk too around the ted brownw camp area. There are some wicked cuts and swamps up there. Pretty rugged country though. Take 2 spares for every size tire you are taking, and repair kits for tires and air pumps. Take tools for wrenching, and you will need to be totally self sufficient. Leave the booze and drugs at home, as this is what will get you in trouble up there. You will have to have all your senses, so you will be able to handle all troubles with a clear head. I worked up there for two years and never had any troubles with the locals. Actually they helped me out a few times, with tires and stuff. This is some of the most beautiful country i've seen the Akie, the paul, the dell and the pelly are all good areas to hunt. Lots of good camp sites too. Good luck. Moosin

Derek_Erickson
09-20-2007, 05:15 PM
I heard the indians up around williston can be fairly obnoxious, no offence to anyone

springpin
09-20-2007, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the replies, The information given will be most helpful.

Thanks,
chad