PDA

View Full Version : Are there bears around Princeton?

OceanMon
04-21-2019, 09:12 PM
I was thinking of making a trip out there. Wonder if anybody can confirm that there are bears out there or if it is a waste of time . My second choice would be out by Lytton .

Thanks!

bighornbob
04-21-2019, 09:17 PM
There are bears everywhere in the province. Look for lots of clear cuts and roads and you will see bears. Just glass the cuts and look for bear crap on the roads and you will be successful.

bhb

HarryToolips
04-21-2019, 10:09 PM
There are bears everywhere in the province. Look for lots of clear cuts and roads and you will see bears. Just glass the cuts and look for bear crap on the roads and you will be successful.

bhb
Exactly, there are bears everywhere in BC...it will be a little early yet in the higher elevations at this time from my experience with black bears...

avadad
04-21-2019, 10:39 PM
Sunday summit might be worth investigating.

cameron0518
04-22-2019, 01:57 AM
I always saw bears around Tunkwa Lake. Some big Bruins around that country. Lytton would be my second choice to Tunkwa.

bcshadow
04-22-2019, 11:49 AM
I agree with Tunkwa, it will add almost an hour travel compared to Princeton, but I have seen quite a few black bears there over the past couple of years, one of which was a XXXxl size!

Iron Glove
04-22-2019, 12:16 PM
Lots of bears in the Princeton / Tulameen area.

Wild one
04-22-2019, 12:43 PM
Get your timing right and you will find bears wrong and you won’t see much

OceanMon
05-03-2019, 12:56 AM
Thanks for the tips, guys!

Steelpulse
05-03-2019, 01:46 AM
I just went in a game cam retrieval mission from low to alpine and back. No bears. Didn’t think I’d seen one though. Still lots of snow in places where the sun don’t shine and even low down still pretty brown at least where I was south of princeton. Saw lots of grouse, a moose, some deers, and a coyote though so not a bad day

Bugle M In
05-03-2019, 09:42 AM
I was thinking of making a trip out there. Wonder if anybody can confirm that there are bears out there or if it is a waste of time . My second choice would be out by Lytton .

Thanks!

Seeing that you are from the LM.
You can always try around Boston Bar.
Go across the bridge and hit roads like Scuzzy etc.
Go deep into the back.
Used to be some decent bears in there and lots of variety of color.
Chocolate and cinnamon color, not just black.