PDA

View Full Version : Who has hunting planned for the weekend?

Ohwildwon
04-18-2019, 05:40 PM
Heading out into the thick. Do some scouting, set up some cams, hopefully an opportunity presents itself!

3 nights beside a campfire is going to be awesome, weather is looking good!

Cheers :smile:

jtred
04-18-2019, 05:48 PM
Turkey hunting with my youngest daughter, hopefully I can get her on a bird this year. We've been skunked the past two years, lots of birds on private but they seem to be pretty hard to find on crown the last couple of years. I had a good run for a few years but some of the flocks that were once so populous seem to have dwindled or completely disappeared.

horshur
04-18-2019, 06:19 PM
Called in a Tom turkey at work today...ridiculous. Tom was gobbling like a rutted up elk...quick download of hen chirp and here he comes..felt like I was on wild tv...

butcher
04-18-2019, 06:53 PM
Just got back from a month of hunting. Need a break!

bluesman
04-21-2019, 09:38 AM
Unfortunately turkey season not being managed by b.c govt. currently they are considered a non native species . Hope that changes . Pheasants from China are managed all across Canada but turkeys which are indigenous to North America are not looked upon as valuable game species in BC . I enjoy seeing them and hunting them too but it seems their numbers are down .

Pemby_mess
04-21-2019, 09:43 AM
I seem to have been inundated in mating chukars this year for some reason. Usually I'm seeing lots of grouse this time of year, but the chukars are particularly prolific at the expense of grouse in my neighborhood right now.

twoSevenO
04-21-2019, 11:35 AM
I am off for an easter egg hunt today ... wish me luck boys.
Will post up a report later

caddisguy
04-21-2019, 12:27 PM
Just got back from a 3 day camp trip. No hunting, just a skull recovery, a lot of relaxing and a nice campfire.

Bear down, no... beer down... probably a little too much :)