PDA

View Full Version : What a season.......so far.

moosinaround
09-19-2007, 09:22 PM
So my buddy and I go up north for opening day of elk season. We hunt like crazy guys putting miles on the feet and quads. We are getting frustrated that the elk are not going, no big ones coming out. Just when we were thinking to call it quits, we make one last effort in an area we had seen the freshest sign in. We cancel one 6x5 and go home all smiles. I get home on the 7th and take a weekend off to get gear cleaned, and get a 1000 mile check up. There ready for the opening of hunting season for moose and deer on the 10th. Go out the morning of the 10th and walk around one of my favourite areas nothing going. So on saturday I head out with my son, again to one of my favourite spots, only to see a truck parked at the beginning of the road I was going to go up. I was bummed out. I've been thinking about this spot all year. So I decided that a road hunt for chickens was the answer for the day and off we went. I drive up this road in the middle of a huge clearcut and I say to my son, there is a buck!! No way!! So I get out of the truck and he buggers off. I whistle and he is still going. So I hollered at him whoa!!! and he stops and turns broadside. Well I lay one on him and down he went. ! hour later we are at the meat cutters with a 4x3 mulie. He had the smallest rack ever, just a tiny basket. 100lbs on the hook. I wish I could quit while I was ahead, the hunting stars are all aligned this year. There are elk out there around town to hunt so I get a freezer full and I get to go out and scout some elk country, with no pressures. I feel so fourtunate that we get to hunt in this province. It is exciting and I am getting to share it with my son and good freinds. Guess that is what it is all about. I'm having trouble posting pics, so if I can get it figured out I'll post my pics so far. Anyways good luck out there HBC er's, and enjoy the privelage of hunting the beautiful outdoors of BC. Moosin