PDA

View Full Version : Stand Up for Hunting

archerylife
03-30-2019, 09:30 AM
i looked around and haven't seen this posted on this sight yet.... sorry if i have missed it. this just really needs to get out hopefully everyone will sign up! don't let us loose more hunting in british columbia!
https://bcwf.thankyou4caring.org/bcwf-call-to-action

Ride Red
03-30-2019, 09:46 AM
Done, thanks.

Islander30
03-30-2019, 10:23 AM
Awesome thanks for posting !

It's been posted in open chat, but I say post it everywhere ! We could have saved the grizzly hunt with more campaigns like this !!!

If a second predator ban goes through the flood gates will surely open !!! We won't need any hunting forums then because there won't be any hunting !

Bugle M In
03-30-2019, 12:04 PM
Awesome thanks for posting !

It's been posted in open chat, but I say post it everywhere ! We could have saved the grizzly hunt with more campaigns like this !!!

If a second predator ban goes through the flood gates will surely open !!! We won't need any hunting forums then because there won't be any hunting !
Sure hasn't been looking to good as of late, so I agree with the comments.

rageous
03-30-2019, 12:37 PM
Done, with over 23000 hbc members you wonder why there’s not more signatures

Wild one
03-30-2019, 12:42 PM
8000 is not going to cut it pass it around and go for 20000 by Friday ;)

Wild one
03-30-2019, 12:43 PM

A lot of inactive members

pass s this on outside of HBC it’s needed

Islander30
03-30-2019, 01:20 PM
I know BCWF has taken a lot of criticism on not doing enough as a hunting organization( or maybe better put "enough in support of hunting"), and I'm personally not in any position to debate this issue....however I can clearly see this campaign is a direct counter attack on the anti-hunting movement and for that I applaud them !!! So lets all come together and support them on this one !

You don't need to be member of BCWF to participate either, just click on the link fill in your name and address and they will send off 3 well written emails on your behalf.

Bugle M In
03-30-2019, 02:29 PM
Done and forwarded

jan.wi97
03-30-2019, 02:35 PM
Almost at the goal of 8,000!!

Huntingtyler123
03-30-2019, 04:37 PM
Signed and forwarded

Doug Palmer
03-30-2019, 04:55 PM
Is it possible for a link to this to be emailed to all members?

Doug

archerylife
03-30-2019, 05:33 PM
BCWF also suggest real mailed letter as well as the emails, you can print off the letter they wrote for you and send it in the mail!

Islander30
03-30-2019, 11:28 PM
BCWF also suggest real mailed letter as well as the emails, you can print off the letter they wrote for you and send it in the mail!

Absolutely, a mailed letter is better...or better yet a personally written !!! However the generic email
Is great too.

What was it something like 4000 emails the decided the fate of the grizzly hunt ? I wonder how many of those were generics from " the wildlife defence group" or whatever thay call there pathetic selves .

I think personally letters are the best but the BCWF campaign emails is very good too. Let's face it all the politicians really see is the potential for lost or gained votes.....so let's give them some votes to think about !

Redthies
03-31-2019, 10:12 AM
Done. I’m not a pred hunter myself, but non science-based management is BS.

REMINGTON JIM
03-31-2019, 10:33 AM
Done and POSTED ! RJ

Weatherby Fan
03-31-2019, 10:45 AM
Done ......

micus
03-31-2019, 11:38 AM
Maybe someone could include the following link to the group opposed to predator management in the province:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/cougar-attack-maul-1.5078186

UHHHGG.

Sportster
03-31-2019, 03:28 PM
Done!!!!!.

Arctic Lake
03-31-2019, 07:38 PM
Done and Thanks for posting !
Arctic Lake

m5wilson
03-31-2019, 07:45 PM
Signed at passed to everyone I know. I can't believe that with 43,000 members and hopefully all those signing sending it to people they know the 8000 goal hasn't been surpassed many times over. Hopefully it increases exponentially with more exposure.

archerylife
04-01-2019, 09:23 AM
yeah i am really surprised that 8000 is so hard to reach.... even if you don't hunt cats sign up it doesn't cost anything, and who knows what's next on there list to ban. if they get cats thats one step closer to ending all hunting. cats kill a lot of deer and sheep, sheep can be very vonerable to cats and they can basically wipe the sheep off a mountain imagine nobody hunted cats.... and ever tom became a big mature apex killing machine... please take the two seconds and sign up!

Wild one
04-01-2019, 09:31 AM
There is a ton of hunters that don’t know what goes on around them is what it really is

A lot of the members here are not active. A lot of the BCWF are people who got the membership as part of paying dues elsewhere. Majority of hunters are not in the loop like people assume

Efforts to reach other hunters needs to increase on these issues. Only 1 person I have spoken to knew about this before for I told them

Wild one
04-01-2019, 09:36 AM
If anyone is involved in clubs that are none BCWF inform them

If your heading to your local sport store print off a copy of this so it can be put it up in there store

If you know someone who has not signed tell them if they don’t sign kick them in the nuts

Bugle M In
04-01-2019, 09:47 AM
I think some HBC members left because of the lack of thick skin, and at times, it can get a bit too much as far as the
fighting.
And the fact that much of HBC threads are about all our current problems related to hunting and wildlife, management and anti's, as compared to some years back now, where many were posting up success stories and pics, no longer interest them.
So, now they all go to some of the bc hunting FB sites to get their fill of hunting pics/success.
(although, from what I gather from my friends I hunt with who do spend all their time there and not hbc, I think they us
those FB sites to "gauge" how others are doing compared to themselves in the success department).

What is alarming is that many hunters in BC "don't really want to think about the issues".
And if they don't think about it, they will "never get involved".

I think when I was young, I was brought up by my dad and uncle who hunted, and was made to believe, like they themselves, that someone was taking care of it.
That the ministry and bcwf together would keep BC game #'s at a level where success would be reasonably good.
And I think now, many who are my age, with that belief still in the head now have children also, and are bringing them up
thinking the same as when I was young.
In other words, the blind leading the blind.

I don't think some are getting it into their heads that we have "serious issues" that extend beyond just poor hunting
success rates.
I think most BC hunters realize success rates are low, thus their FB interests trying to figure out "where else they should go".
Not sure how long they will need still to realize that low success rates are virtually province wide, and definitely not
consistent any longer.

Hopefully every hunter in BC figures that out soon so that they all get involved and start speaking up.

DeepJeep
04-01-2019, 09:49 AM
Signed. .

Pacemaker
04-01-2019, 11:08 AM
Done.....We gotta keep this going, or we are going to lose everything, including both hunting and fishing........Pacemaker

mad dog
04-01-2019, 11:12 AM
It's time to stand up before we can't! Signed and sent.

weatherby_man
04-01-2019, 11:17 AM
Ok done, and forwarded.

Stone Sheep Steve
04-01-2019, 11:37 AM
Count is up to 7355 today.

huntcoop
04-01-2019, 11:41 AM
........Done.

Darksith
04-01-2019, 12:05 PM
done for every person in my house, plus printed and mailing as well

Darksith
04-01-2019, 12:17 PM
Got this response today and replied

Thank you for the response Ms Singh,

I appreciate the feedback and am happy to hear that you are leading with science. That being said this was not the case when your government abolished the Gizzly Bear hunt, and because of this you can understand our concern when this same small fringe activist group begins another campaign attacking another scientifically managed sustainable hunt. I urge you work within your party and ensure that discussions are had to prevent future management decisions are made for emotionally driven political reasons.

Kind Regards,

Greg Nalleweg

Disclaimer: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, distributing, copying or in any way using this message and any file attachments. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy and delete the message and any attachments you may have received

Sent: April 1, 2019 11:50 AM
To: Greg Nalleweg <greg@nextgenelectrical.ca>
Subject: RE: Supporting the Managed Hunt

Hi Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to write to my constituency office with regards to hunting practices in British Columbia.

As you may know, the Fish and Wildlife Branch establishes legislation, policies and procedures for managing fishing and hunting activities, and for the allocation of fish and wildlife resources for recreational and commercial use. This is done by preparing Fish and Wildlife Program regulations in consultation with regions and other stakeholder, and preparing the Hunting and Trapping Regulations Synopsis and the Freshwater Fishing Regulations Synopsis.

The province manages wildlife populations on the principle of conservation first, followed by First Nations' rights. Only then is licensed hunting allowed. Cougar, lynx and bobcat populations appear stable, and anecdotally, cougar populations in the Kootenay region are increasing. There have been increased cougar sightings and the Conservation Officer Service is responding to more cougar-related calls in the Peace Region. There are currently cougar population studies occurring on Vancouver Island and in the southeast Kootenays. Finally, the number of bobcats appear to be increasing, which is based on the number of harvested animals in a given year by trappers or hunters.
The vision of the provincial Wildlife Program (http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/docs/WildlifeProgramPlan.pdf) is “naturally diverse and sustainable wildlife supporting varied uses for current and future generations.” To support this vision, the BC Government, via the Wildlife Program, focuses its efforts on the adaptive, proactive and coordinated delivery of wildlife conservation, use and enjoyment opportunities.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write.

Best,

Rachna Singh, MLA Surrey-Green Timbers
rachna.singh.mla@leg.bc.ca (rachna.singh.mla@leg.bc.ca) | #100 – 9030 King George Blvd, Surrey, BC

Scotty76
04-01-2019, 03:07 PM
To keep this thread going, I also got a response from my MLA Greg Kyllo / Shuswap... I thanked him and will be keeping in touch with him and will set up a meeting to keep the pressure on about this issue. Sounds like he gets it though.

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your concern about hunting practices and wildlife management in British Columbia
Our caucus remains steadfast that all wildlife management decisions need to be made on the basis of the best available science.
We believe that a balance can be struck between wildlife management and economic development – these goals are not mutually exclusive.
We have significant concern that the current governments ideologically-based agenda is alienating law-abiding hunters from discussions about best practices on the land base.
The best government decisions come from combining the best available data with robust consultation with the individuals who spend the most time in the backcountry.
Hunters understand that the continuation of hunting practices requires a strong mandate for conservational practices. This unique knowledge needs to be a part of government wildlife management decision making.
As for hunters, we are concerned about declining ungulates like caribou and moose. The best science available tells us that habitat and predator control are critical. It is understandable that hunters are frustrated with the lack of government action on the issue of predator management.
Thank you again for your engagement on this issue. I encourage you to contact Minister Doug Donaldson, Minister of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development to raise your concerns FLNR.Minister@gov.bc.ca , as well as Premier John HorganPremier@gov.bc.ca
Best Regards,

Wild one
04-01-2019, 04:55 PM
Really need to get the word out on this I am up to 18 hunters who had no clue about this now. I will be talking to my local sport store tomorrow

This is how the anti’s get us. It’s the effort they put in to get their message out there to EVERYBODY

john-brennan
04-01-2019, 07:05 PM
Done and forwarded

Shuswap guy
04-01-2019, 08:29 PM
Done and forwarded

archerylife
04-02-2019, 10:15 AM
getting close to 8000 now guys, i see they increased the goal!! that's a good sign! keep it up

Wild one
04-02-2019, 10:45 AM
Still want to see 20000 by Friday lol

BCJaeger
04-02-2019, 12:38 PM
Done that now.

the_longwalker
04-02-2019, 07:18 PM
Signed and fowarded

Islandeer
04-02-2019, 07:54 PM
Done and sent

tyreguy
04-03-2019, 10:44 AM
Sent in and got a reply. Canned message but reply just the same.
Also a note from BCWF.

8500 sent in so far, need more support fellow sportsmen!!

juljacques
04-03-2019, 09:09 PM
Hi guys. I am writing up press release to shed light on the hunter experience, against this cougar campaign. Can you help me with some stats. I need a survey on what kind of hunts you do, if it's for meat, for the pelt or just for taxidermy. Let's give hunters a better voice. Please help me by doing a short 5 minute survey. https://wildlifemanagementgroup.com/hunter-survey.html

HarryToolips
04-03-2019, 09:21 PM
Done and signed, thank you BCWF, good to see you supporting us hunters,.

joshbazz
04-03-2019, 09:38 PM
Hi guys. I am writing up press release to shed light on the hunter experience, against this cougar campaign. Can you help me with some stats. I need a survey on what kind of hunts you do, if it's for meat, for the pelt or just for taxidermy. Let's give hunters a better voice. Please help me by doing a short 5 minute survey. https://wildlifemanagementgroup.com/hunter-survey.html

Filled out and signed the above.

Also signed BCWF form.

BearSupreme
04-04-2019, 07:37 AM

It takes 2 seconds of thinking to figure out why you cant protect predators while only hunting prey. Wildlife management needs balance whether its for food or not. Wolf and grizzly bear populations need to be managed and not a lot of people would argue thats a food source. Same thing is happening in the ocean with seals, they are at all time high numbers and one of the reasons the salmon populations are down and orca populations are being effected. There needs to be balance, not emotional based decisions.

Wild one
04-04-2019, 07:54 AM

Ok do you hunt or even have knowledge of hunting? You’re questions are very loaded and seem to be trolling to push an agenda

The fact of the matter is what or why someone chooses to harvest an animal is one of the smallest factors in why hunters hunt. Second if a hunter is getting taxidermy done or keeping a hide the meat is also used and viewed as a valued part of the success in most cases. I will tell you hunters hunt has very little to do with the harvest itself

If you are interested in actually learning about hunting and the hunting lifestyle I think most would be willing to discuss it but your ?s are basically of little value when trying to portray or understand hunting. Frankly if you want something of value a change of approach is in order

I advise no one take this poll as it is of no value and collects incomplete information at best

horshur
04-04-2019, 08:30 AM
Don't answer his poll..just think about it.

338win mag
04-04-2019, 08:35 AM
Don't answer his poll..just think about it.
lololol.... the "think about it" part has me cracked up.

juljacques
04-04-2019, 08:40 AM
Hey. I'm not trying to troll anyone. Just like anti-hunting groups are using super slanted questionnaires to show that people are against "trophy" hunting. I'm trying to have a survey that sheds light on what that actually means to hunters.

It's written in a way that I believe most non-hunters can relate to and hunters as well. Which is the goal.

Wild one
04-04-2019, 08:42 AM
Similar polls were used to say most hunters support the grizzly hunt being banned because we only hunt for the purpose of meat

and a plan to hunt deer in chilliwack on April 20th in the posters forum history shows it is even more likely this poll is not done with honest intentions

Wild one
04-04-2019, 08:46 AM
Hey. I'm not trying to troll anyone. Just like anti-hunting groups are using super slanted questionnaires to show that people are against "trophy" hunting. I'm trying to have a survey that sheds light on what that actually means to hunters.

It's written in a way that I believe most non-hunters can relate to and hunters as well. Which is the goal.

Ok just to play nice I will give new completely rookie to anything hunting a possibility. You’re poll is extremely flawed and if you want to truly know about the hunting community start a new thread

Your poll is dead in the water but honest true insight on hunting I am fine with

juljacques
04-04-2019, 08:51 AM
Alright man. Well, if you have suggestions I'm all ears. For now this poll is bringing interesting insights.

Wild one
04-04-2019, 08:57 AM
Alright man. Well, if you have suggestions I'm all ears. For now this poll is bringing interesting insights.

Take it to another thread for starters this one is not about your poll and actually about gaining direct support of a hunt

lets not take this thread off topic

archerylife
04-04-2019, 10:54 AM
thanks for taking care of that Wild one! to get back on topic.... i wanted to meantion ranchers are great people to share this with also, my parents are ranchers and we have always had problems with cougars every year. every rancher i have talked to about this issue has been very greatful for me telling them and signed up immediately! we aren't in this alone!

Wanderer01
04-04-2019, 12:25 PM

Guys - This poll is hosted on an unsecured server that uses malware. May not be even known by the pollster. So far, looks like: a freelance activist writer who is looking for an angle + (un)intentionally (?) setting tracking backdoors on your computers.

horshur
04-04-2019, 12:50 PM
His Twitter would suggest he is will aware of malware..might be his job

Wild one
04-04-2019, 12:57 PM
Good to have reports guys but let’s not side track too much

Bugle M In
04-04-2019, 01:00 PM
i looked around and haven't seen this posted on this sight yet.... sorry if i have missed it. this just really needs to get out hopefully everyone will sign up! don't let us loose more hunting in british columbia!
https://bcwf.thankyou4caring.org/bcwf-call-to-action

^^^^^And, back on track....here's the link

joshbazz
04-04-2019, 01:50 PM
Thanks Bugle! just past 8700 - just over a thousand to go!

Islander30
04-04-2019, 05:28 PM
I received the same response from my MLA Sheila Malcolmson as others have received,
here is my response...

Thank you for your response Sheila, however I feel you have missed my reason for concern.

The last time the small fringe activist group "Wildlife Defence League" started a campaign your government chose to side with their emotion based demands and abolished the Grizzly Hunt completely ! I'm already aware of the Fish and Wildlife Branch polices and procedures you explained in great detail in your email, my concern is that your government might once again choose to ignore them.

My hope is that you will help convince your government to stick to the scientific management of wildlife with the vision of their Wildlife Program in focusing "it's efforts on the adaptive, proactive and coordinated delivery of wildlife conservation use and enjoyment"... rather than for political reasons.

Thanks again for your time
Brent,

( and thanks Darksith, I liked your response and tried to echo it in a similar fashion best I could )

Bugle M In
04-04-2019, 07:51 PM
Does anybody know if this has made any of the BC Hunting FB sites for people to get the message??

HarryToolips
04-04-2019, 07:58 PM
I received the same response from my MLA Sheila Malcolmson as others have received,
here is my response...

Thank you for your response Sheila, however I feel you have missed my reason for concern.

The last time the small fringe activist group "Wildlife Defence League" started a campaign your government chose to side with their emotion based demands and abolished the Grizzly Hunt completely ! I'm already aware of the Fish and Wildlife Branch polices and procedures you explained in great detail in your email, my concern is that your government might once again choose to ignore them.

My hope is that you will help convince your government to stick to the scientific management of wildlife with the vision of their Wildlife Program in focusing "it's efforts on the adaptive, proactive and coordinated delivery of wildlife conservation use and enjoyment"... rather than for political reasons.

Brent,

( and thanks Darksith, I liked your response and tried to echo it in a similar fashion best I could )

Well written........

Island Roo
04-04-2019, 11:54 PM
I signed up and got my not-online hunting parters to add their voices.
BCWF got this one right. I've always maintained membership.

Stone Sheep Steve
04-05-2019, 04:06 AM
Does anybody know if this has made any of the BC Hunting FB sites for people to get the message??

Yes. All over those pages.

The format ofF FB notifications allows for a much faster spread of this type of thing. Have been seeing it shared over and over and over by hunting pages and individual hunters.

SSS

Bugle M In
04-05-2019, 09:25 AM
^^^that's good.
however I am shocked we cant get 10,000 signatures being on FB and all.
I really do believe now that most hunters "don't get it".
I guess they think "someone else" will take care of everything.
They just don't realize that "someone else" MEANS "the Anti's"!

Ertner
04-05-2019, 09:42 AM
i have had response from both John Horgan's people and Jas Johal, the liberal rep is Richmond. Jas seems to get it and asked if i wanted to sit down and meet him to discuss. the response from Horgans rep was disappointing. basically said this is our plan with a link to the wildlife management plan. i responded with a very similar response that islander30 laid out and the rep at least acknowledged with a thank you, i guess they figured it out that i didn't vote for them so no need to continue the conversation.

Would Rather Be Fishing
04-05-2019, 09:50 AM
Well written - a LOT better than my response was....

here is my response...

Brent,

Wild one
04-07-2019, 12:34 PM
Needs a bump

LBM
04-07-2019, 01:25 PM
Talked to people about it today and they said they would sign, only difference is they are non-hunters. Well many here
bitch and complain about them I find it better to talk to them about things for there is more of them. Actually was one
of them that sent me the memo and was asking about it first.

Wild one
04-07-2019, 02:33 PM
Talked to people about it today and they said they would sign, only difference is they are non-hunters. Well many here
bitch and complain about them I find it better to talk to them about things for there is more of them. Actually was one
of them that sent me the memo and was asking about it first.

I would say without a doubt most if not all of us talk to and associate with non hunters on a daily basis.

Pretty safe to say the people hunters are bitch about are the anti hunters like the ones who are presently attacking this hunt not the non hunting public

I don’t know why you assume otherwise

archerylife
04-09-2019, 10:20 AM
up over 10,000 now but we still haven't won anything yet keep it up guys, bumping it back up

Arctic Lake
04-09-2019, 10:36 AM
Thought I would mentioned that I filled out the BCWF form .As for Facebook I'm not on there for anything , maybe I should .
Arctic Lake

Cabled
04-09-2019, 09:25 PM
Thought I would mentioned that I filled out the BCWF form .As for Facebook I'm not on there for anything , maybe I should .
Arctic Lake
I hear you on staying off Facebook and other social media. Unfortunately anti hunters are using social media very effectively against us. I think we all need to get a little more involved ASAP. We aren’t doing ourselves any favours staying disconnected.

archerylife
04-10-2019, 10:40 AM
there is a good facebook page that got started if you guys are interested in one, it's BC Hunter Action Circle. you might need to be invited it's got over 10,000 members. if you need an invite i could probably help you out

argyle1
04-11-2019, 10:30 AM
There is a large percentage of hbc membership that is strong ndp. They knew the grizzly season would be gone when they ndp got to power, and they stuck their head in the sand and voted ndp anyway. Hopefully these new developments will help them see the light. All the anti-hunting groups are jumping on hunters now because they know that the majority in the legislature is on their side.

rageous
04-14-2019, 03:43 PM
Seems that’s about a wrap for all we can come up with.

archerylife
04-15-2019, 10:14 AM
Seems that’s about a wrap for all we can come up with.
yeah it does, i am still finding hunters that are not internet savvy on a daily basis but the numbers aren't going up fast