Hey Guys,
Joint effort in formulating a response to the oblivious
and thoroughly brain dead individual?

StuBrown
03-30-2019, 09:30 AM
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011025467711

downsouth204
03-30-2019, 09:57 AM
I messaged her on facebook and asked if she'd be interested in a conversation about hunting. Sometimes people form an opinion without access to experience :)

Wild one
03-30-2019, 10:02 AM
Direct conflict with this kind of whack job gets no where

The best response for these people is do not engage or acknowledge them but instead provide educational PR about hunting and conservation efforts being put forward by the hunting community. It also does not hurt to talk about BC pedator issue touching base on there impact on species like caribou, there impact on pets/livestock, and how do to the fact presently high predator numbers are causing them to encroach on rural areas and towns/cities increasing the odds of direct conflict with people

You do not want to directly engage her article but instead make it seem of no importance and nothing but a rambling fool. Basically educate the public on present issues and the efforts the hunting community is doing to help wildlife. $ figures and number of volunteers for projects add some punch

Again don’t directly bring attention to her and let her fade. Focus on promoting the positives and drown out her ramblings by catching the Interest of a higher number of people

jan.wi97
03-30-2019, 10:08 AM
I will be formulating a letter later today.
Got a crap load of landscaping to do today...
I’ll post it here before publishing it for feedback and
input.

338win mag
03-30-2019, 10:08 AM
I messaged her on facebook and asked if she'd be interested in a conversation about hunting. Sometimes people form an opinion without access to experience :)
Funny thing....this anti hunting thing is run as a business and there are paid employee's like any other business, then there are unsuspecting volunteers who dont know what they are talking about, like the author of this drival. People listen and believe it, her mind could be changed with an honest and factual discussion.

Only time did I ever had someone stand up and .....in my face call me down for being a hunter, and I was also a logger, so this guy was hyper-ventilating upon his discovery...fast forward 20 years and I find out with some amusement that he now hunts, I was shocked to see the ultimate hypocrite doing what he protested, he wanted to know where his meat supply came from....he just needed the facts presented to him for an informed choice.

See....people are easily brainwashed as history shows repeatedly.

338win mag
03-30-2019, 10:09 AM
I will be formulating a letter later today.
Got a crap load of landscaping to do today...
I’ll post it here before publishing it for feedback and
input.
Smart.......

Jack Russell
03-30-2019, 10:33 AM
Direct conflict with this kind of whack job gets no where

The best response for these people is do not engage or acknowledge them but instead provide educational PR about hunting and conservation efforts being put forward by the hunting community. It also does not hurt to talk about BC pedator issue touching base on there impact on species like caribou, there impact on pets/livestock, and how do to the fact presently high predator numbers are causing them to encroach on rural areas and towns/cities increasing the odds of direct conflict with people

You do not want to directly engage her article but instead make it seem of no importance and nothing but a rambling fool. Basically educate the public on present issues and the efforts the hunting community is doing to help wildlife. $ figures and number of volunteers for projects add some punch

Again don’t directly bring attention to her and let her fade. Focus on promoting the positives and drown out her ramblings by catching the Interest of a higher number of people

This is exactly how these people should be dealt with - the anti's are not going to change, but educating the numerous uninformed general public that aren't aware of the issues is the best chance to keep the hunting heritage alive and strong.

Wild one
03-30-2019, 11:06 AM
Since this is coming out of Kelowna maybe get in contact with the BCWF and ask them if they would support and provide information to write an article about the MD study in the OK. Use the article as a method of education and a way to reach out for public support to generate funding to provide opportunities for future studies to give BCs biologists more in-depth information to better manage our wildlife/habitat they live in

Don’t hurt if you can create good PR, awareness, and possibly some support for Wildlife issues

Main thing contact those involved in the project first so it is an educated article with their support

monasheemountainman
03-30-2019, 11:40 AM
Stunned cnut

Iron Glove
03-30-2019, 11:58 AM
Over the years I've had hunting discussions with PETA Members, Antis, what evers and I find that sticking to facts works the best.
Avoid tossing out insults - it just reinforces their opinions that we are all aholes.
Beat them with kindness.
Most polls I've seen show @10% hunters, 10% strident antis and 80% ambivalent. Might be better to work on the ambivalents.

jan.wi97
03-30-2019, 12:04 PM
I totally agree guys, bashing is just primitive
and will reinforce the "cave man" image that is already
perceived by many.

Facts don't care about your feelings and cannot
be as easily dispersed. Whereas everyone has opinions and those
can be argued about until the next millennia.

Excited to be putting that piece together and finally making
the extra English/Creative writing courses to good use!
As said, I'll post it here before sending it out to get your feedback
and most importantly, your input and anything that will make
it stronger!

Cheers guys!

rageous
03-30-2019, 12:41 PM
Someone should write an articulate informative response to the letter to castenet artilcle.

sames14
03-30-2019, 01:10 PM
One of her Facebook freinds has "Peta" listed as his middle name. Coincedence or just an axx.

Wild one
03-30-2019, 01:19 PM
One of her Facebook freinds has "Peta" listed as his middle name. Coincedence or just an axx.

Not much of a stretch that a fanatical anti hunter would be a peta supporter

IronNoggin
03-30-2019, 02:19 PM
https://scontent.fyvr3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/55914239_2259416787710939_7957293193563734016_n.jp g?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr3-1.fna&oh=10bf8231b718c296efe03de47eb761b5&oe=5D0D0445

From her FB page, she is:
Anti-Hunting
Anti-Bullriding
Anti-Rodeo
Anti-Horse drawn carriages
Anti-Coca Cola
Anti-Cat Declawing
Anti-Eating flesh of factory-farmed animals
Anti-Whaling
Anti-Lab animal testing
Anti-Ocean Science
Anti-Trapping
And so much more!

In fact, this Slacktivist has absolutely nothing positive on their FB pages & profile whatsoever.
Just HATE, Hate & more HATE!
Hell of a miserable life methinks.
I actually do pity the poor nutless wonder she is hitched to! :shock:

Nog

Bugle M In
03-30-2019, 02:31 PM
Over the years I've had hunting discussions with PETA Members, Antis, what evers and I find that sticking to facts works the best.
Avoid tossing out insults - it just reinforces their opinions that we are all aholes.
Beat them with kindness.
Most polls I've seen show @10% hunters, 10% strident antis and 80% ambivalent. Might be better to work on the ambivalents.

good words right there.

guntech
03-30-2019, 02:40 PM
https://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/252787/Time-to-end-hunting

Hey Guys,
Joint effort in formulating a response to the oblivious
and thoroughly brain dead individual?

Time to end hunting
Contributed - Mar 29, 2019 / 2:53 pm | Story: 252787

Most wildlife dies young, victim of numerous dangers, the greatest being a hunter armed with a gun. Traps also take a share of fur-bearing animals, including domestic dogs running free near trails.

We often hear of dogs lost during a walk with their human. How many trappers would contact the owner of a dog killed in one of their traps? It would be bad for business.

Animals in the wild spend all their time foraging or hunting to survive. Killers with guns have too much leisure time, so they kill time and wild animals.

A perennial excuse for taking the lives of wild creatures is that they kill ungulates such as deer or moose, which are also prey animals for humans.

Killers always find excuses to rationalize their addiction to destroying life. Killing gives them satisfaction nothing else can match.

In springtime, wild animals are more vulnerable, having lost weight through the hardship of winter and some have young to nurse. However, three hunting clubs in B.C., lacking any sense of fairness or morality, are offering prizes to encourage hunters to "whack" wolves, bears, coyotes and even raccoons.

Killing wildlife for fun is ugly, and if ever there was a barbaric cultural practice, whacking, or shooting down wildlife during nature's rebirth has to take the prize.

There is an article online called "5 Ways to Stop the Killing." Written by Hope Ferdowsian and posted in October 2015, the five steps make sense if you are appealing to a compassionate person with an ability to empathize with non-human animals. The five steps will not work to reform a person who is devoid of empathy, and imagination.
Only laws can help stop such a person (poaching ignores the law).

While students in Kelowna demonstrated their concern over climate change, hunters remain in a Stone-Age time warp, terrifying and killing animals with 21st century weapons. Unlike other animals, hunters are not an endangered life form. Guns protect them.

What most people don't realize is that wolves practise birth control when food is hard to find. Humans are not as smart as wolves in that respect. We continue to reproduce in the face of famine and we love to tinker with nature to bend it to our wants – gloating over the corpse of a trophy animal is one such want.

Governments have the power to end hunting. It would be the responsible thing to do, given that links between violence against people and animals is clear.

Helen Schiele, Kelowna

guntech
03-30-2019, 02:42 PM
Helen isn't alone in her thinking... there are many running around with missing marbles...

boxhitch
03-30-2019, 02:55 PM
Genisis 9.3

Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And t (https://biblia.com/bible/esv/Gen%209.3#footnote2)as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.

grantk
03-30-2019, 06:54 PM
I guess having leisure time to do something healthy and active is a terrible thing. My time would definitely be better spent writing uninformed short essays to protest things that have absolutely no effect on my life.

Arctic Lake
03-30-2019, 07:13 PM
Beat them with kindness.
Iron I agree with what you are saying ! I sometimes wonder if antis think we are all a bunch of really extreme rednecks that are illiterate and ignorant .
Arctic Lake

338win mag
03-30-2019, 09:39 PM
Iron I agree with what you are saying ! I sometimes wonder if antis think we are all a bunch of really extreme rednecks that are illiterate and ignorant .
Arctic Lake
If they did think we were extreme rednecks, illiterate and ignorant, maybe they are right, .... but if they dont like it then that doesn't sound very..."inclusive"

REMINGTON JIM
03-30-2019, 10:14 PM
Helen Schiele, Kelowna JUST another Big Mouthed ANTI against EveryThing ! Phucken HAGGATHA the Horrible ! :twisted: RJ

Jagermeister
03-30-2019, 11:52 PM
https://scontent.fyvr3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/55914239_2259416787710939_7957293193563734016_n.jp g?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr3-1.fna&oh=10bf8231b718c296efe03de47eb761b5&oe=5D0D0445

From her FB page, she is:
Anti-Hunting
Anti-Bullriding
Anti-Rodeo
Anti-Horse drawn carriages
Anti-Coca Cola
Anti-Cat Declawing
Anti-Eating flesh of factory-farmed animals
Anti-Whaling
Anti-Lab animal testing
Anti-Ocean Science
Anti-Trapping
And so much more!

In fact, this Slacktivist has absolutely nothing positive on their FB pages & profile whatsoever.
Just HATE, Hate & more HATE!
Hell of a miserable life methinks.
I actually do pity the poor nutless wonder she is hitched to! :shock:

NogOh, not to worry about him. He went hunting.

Jagermeister
03-31-2019, 12:15 AM
Here's some food for thought, for vegans and others that are anti-hunters.
There are two classifications in the animal kingdom of the world. There are prey and there are hunters. Humans are distinguished in the latter.
But what is the difference? It all comes down to the eye sockets in the skull. You got it, the placement of the eyes in the skull determine if you are prey or predator.
"Eyes that face forward on a skull suggest a predator. Forward facing eyes allow for binocular or stereoscopic vision, which allows an animal to see and judge depth. Predators need this depth perception to track and pursue prey...........Animals with eyes that are located on the side of its head would suggest a prey animal. Side eye placement allows for greater peripheral or side vision......."
As you can see, this is an early sign that some humans, vegans in particular, are mutating from predators to prey. When this mutation is complete, those that have morphed will have their eyes on the sides of their heads like cows, sheep, goats, turkeys, chickens moose, deer, elk, most species of fish. You get the picture.
Peruse the link where the quotes were garnered from.
https://skeletonmuseum.com/okc-education/15/how-to-read-a-skull-eye-placement-and-size.htm

m5wilson
03-31-2019, 08:30 AM
This is just a collection of sensational statements that mean nothing to get a reaction.

Redthies
03-31-2019, 09:49 AM
Two questions for her...

1- Are you a vegan? If yes move to question 2, if no, then shut up hypocrite.

2- Is your fluffy little dog that features so prominently on your fb page a vegan? I ask because we all know that the
pet food industry uses only wild meat that died of natural causes. No feed lot animals EVER made it in to
Purina!

Hunter gatherer
03-31-2019, 10:05 AM
It's ok to be anti hunting,show it by not hunting. It's not ok to try and push your ideals onto other people. Why do people like this feel everyone should think like them?

Bugle M In
03-31-2019, 02:43 PM
I usually tell people who say they don't hunt that "I understand" (to be honest)
IT's not easy to take life (without at least be empathetic), and it's not for everyone.
I just state that "I eat meat", so for me, I try to harvest it for myself and family rather than buy it.
I go for the reasons of being out in the wild, like the wild actually is, where thing die and reborn daily.
I also enjoy time with my friends and understanding the outdoors.
And I can say it has given me the opportunity to have one of the best relationships with both my parents over the years.
To kill isn't easy, and to know it isn't, is fine, but that I can because I can overcome it for the reality to be in the circle.
And that those that couldn't hunt right now, doesn't mean they wouldn't hunt if need be.
That hunting isn't something you just walk out the door and have success.
You also have to learn to be successful, and humble enough to know when and why you fail.
Like life, there is no guarantee in hunting.
But no one has the right to tell me what I can and can not eat.
That is a choice each individual has to make, and remember it is their choice alone, and cant be forced onto others.
I don't force non hunters to hunt, and so, they should not feel the right to to force me not to.
We preach everyday now to accept the differences in people, and that it is okay.
What is okay about suddenly to tell me "I have to be different"!!??