PDA

View Full Version : Bino repair

gameslayer
09-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Anyone have experience with any local lowermainland places that reapair Bino's. Unfortunatly I have a low end bushnell 10 X42 H20 model and neither side will focus at the same time(makes you dizzy to many bangs I guess) but both do work. I tried to fix it but lost my patience. Being already a low cost pair less then $200 I would not want to spend a fortune fixing them. Rather put the money towards a better pair but if it reasonable repair cost place I would definatly take the option. I guessing bushnell would takea long time S/H and I will be out of luck for this season. Idea's

lip_ripper00
09-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Idea's

yes but you not going to like the replys.:-P I too have a pair of broken Bushnells, I am shopping for a new pair but their NOT going to be Bushnells:wink:

Gateholio
09-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Send them to bushnell, get a better pair for the season, use those ones for truck binos...:-P

todbartell
09-18-2007, 11:24 PM
yes, send them back to Bushnell and if you can afford it, drop at least $400 on a new pair. Leupold Cascades, Bushnell Legends, Nikon Monarch - they're all good binocs in this price range. Hell, even the $250 Bushnell Excursion are a huge step up over the H2o series

Everett
09-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Do not under any circumstances buy the bushnell exscursions. Complete junk mine broke clean in half and so did one of my buddies who had a pair.

Mr. Dean
09-19-2007, 01:22 PM
SEND THEM TO BUSHNELL

I've found their warrenty policy's to be quite good. FWIW, if they won't fix/replace them, you're not missing on anything (considering that your willing to toss em).

Good luck.

tufferthandug
09-19-2007, 03:30 PM
Bushnell can be tricky to work with. A while back I sent in an old scope and a set of messed up bino's. Well they sent back a new scope but the bino repair would be charged to myself. Both items had a lifetime warranty. I asked why they wouldn't cover my bino's and they said they had internal damage that "MUST" have been caused by the user.

Here's the best I could do:

At first they offered nothing. After a couple phone calls and emails they offered me a brand new set of comparable bino's for the repair cost. I told them if they were willing to do that then they were indeed admitting a faulty warranty decision and they could keep their crappy products. Now I'm a proud, and happy owner of a pair of Leica 10x42's.

From now on I will only buy the big three for binoculars, and go with Leupold for scopes.

Spitzer
09-19-2007, 04:48 PM
The dollar is high, now is the time to get into Alpha class glasses. For $1000usd you can get Leica Trinovid 8x42BN's, Zeiss 8x32 T* FL's :), Nikon 8x42HG's $599 (refurbished), and Nikon 8x32HG's.

Will
09-19-2007, 05:24 PM
I guessing bushnell would take a long time S/H and I will be out of luck for this season. Idea's
Most definately Bushnell isn't known for thier Quick responses to Warranty claims.....:lol:

Send em away...worst case they refuse to honour the warranty...best case they refund your money or send you a new pair.

Eitherway you will not get them back anytime soon...
Best of Luck :cool:

Bushnell Corporation of Canada
25A East Pearce St.
Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B 2M9

Important Phone Numbers:
Local Phone - (905) 771-2980
Other - (800) 361-5702
Local Fax - (905) 771-2984
Other Fax - (800) 661-3254

tooty
09-19-2007, 06:32 PM
I agree,send them back for warranty repair.I used to own a sports store and always had good luck with Busnell repairs.I myself use Leica 7x42 ,amazing.

gameslayer
09-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the advice guy's . I am guessing I had better pratice my stealth stock quick look and look technique's this season. :-( Hell I need the excercise.