PDA

View Full Version : Two injured on the Tuchodi ?

Rock Doctor
09-18-2007, 05:38 PM
I just heard that a boat crashed last evening on the Tuchodi River? Sounds like it went into one of the big banks near the Dead Dog. Two guys, badly injured and no way for rescue to get to them, by Chopper or Boat (it was getting too dark). I've heard that the first couple guys on the scene were people I know, although I havn't talked to them yet. The two injured guys were cared for as best as possible through the night, and I think , choppered out today.

Hopefully the injured fellows will be OK!

Derek_Erickson
09-18-2007, 05:47 PM
:confused:Lets hope Ramshot is ok:confused:

Mr. Dean
09-18-2007, 05:49 PM
I hate navigating rivers. Doesn't matter how well you think you know them... They have minds of their own.

Hopefully all will be well.

Rock Doctor
09-18-2007, 05:53 PM
I "THINK" Ramshot is back in Kamloops??

But, Tuchodi is up around the Dead Dog right now!

lip_ripper00
09-18-2007, 05:55 PM
Ouch!! please keep us posted:cry:

Derek_Erickson
09-18-2007, 06:05 PM
well lwets hope for the best

MattB
09-18-2007, 07:38 PM
Isnt deaddog up near deaddog right now?

srupp
09-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Matt I think he is...

Steven

Rock Doctor
09-18-2007, 07:48 PM
MattB;
Isnt deaddog up near deaddog right now?

Yes, I think so too.

Jetboater
09-19-2007, 06:20 AM
there was a NR boat and an alicraft that took off below fireside and thought they were going up the liard to get into the Kechika but took the wrong turn and turfed off the falls, that was a few days ago as well... dont know if it was the same group...

moosecaller
09-19-2007, 09:26 AM
I think macgregor ,scoot and deaddog are up there now, I hope anyone invovled is not hurt too bad. Rivers can be unforgiving. Keep us posted on any developments, I sure we are all hoping it's not too bad.

srupp
09-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Thoughts and prayers for whoever was involved...water accidents can be terrifying....

Steven

Ramshot
09-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Made it out on Sunday morning with two other jet-boats following me down from Dead-dog creek. Pouring down heavy but we pushed through to the Muskwa. Seen that jet-boat wreck. Was a 21 foot outlaw muskwa and it was smeard pretty bad. Went and pulled up to it too see if anyone was around but they must have already been brought out. Had happy hour with Dead-dog and Tuchodi from this site as they were camped a couple minutes from me. Will make out a more detailed account when I get a chance. Ramshot.

Rock Doctor
09-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Rumors are running wild, can not say for sure what's true and what's not. Also, the rumors are getting mixed togeather with other accidents. A few guys have seen the 21 Muskwa in the DD area, but don''t know who's boat it is.
Apart from this one, another fellow jumped into his own boat and broke his ankle, a couple other guys got into a drunken fight and one ended up with a broken hip (:mad: Dumb@$$es, if that ones true)
There's also the one from last week, the guys that went the wrong way on the Liard and ended up loosing there boat in the whirlpool (They got out OK)

srupp
09-19-2007, 07:12 PM
ya have to be an expert like rock Dr's ace daughter.....

Steven

BCLongshot
09-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Rock Doctor

You have dented my son (man) he won't stop talking about getting a jet boat.

Jetboater
09-19-2007, 07:41 PM
[quote
There's also the one from last week, the guys that went the wrong way on the Liard and ended up loosing there boat in the whirlpool (They got out OK)[/quote]
that was an ali craft as far as I am aware, almost lost a 70 yr old in the boat...

Rock Doctor
09-21-2007, 09:02 AM
So, The one about the guy breaking his ankle is true, he lives down the road from me.
The one about the guys getting into a fight is true, although I don't know them.
The one about the guys loosing there boat on the Liard is, of course, true. (that one was in the paper)

Now, the one about the guys in the 21 Muskwa, that's the bad one. Two guys injured, one with bad facial injuries. The badly injured guy was not medivaced out by chopper, he was boated out:eek:. The guy that got him out lives right by my parents. The injured guy and friends are not from this area. They hit the big bank ar the DD, very hard. The motor ripped loose from the boat, and the boat is bent pretty bad.

Ramshot
09-21-2007, 12:39 PM
Seen it, and should have took pictures. Was raining like hell and didn't want to dig out the digital. If they hit up at Deaddog they sure drifted a hell of a long way! I seen the boat tied up just above Guy Scott's camp above the can-opener. Maybe they were knocked out for awhile:eek:. Hope they make out allright. Sure Tuchodi had a lot of water this year but a person still has to watch coming into the corners. Hope they had insurance. Ramshot.

todbartell
09-21-2007, 01:16 PM
facial injuries..hello windshield!

Rock Doctor
09-21-2007, 03:32 PM
If they hit up at Deaddog they sure drifted a hell of a long way!
There original plan was to drift the injured guy back down to the landing:eek:

todbartell;
facial injuries..hello windshield!

I'm thinking "side window frame", from the description of the injuries, and the damage to the boat. Sounds like they hit "broadside" very hard.

Mr. Dean
09-21-2007, 04:04 PM
I've seen 2 people on 2 different boats go through the glass. Ain't pretty.