PDA

View Full Version : Compulsory Inspection???

tikkat3
09-18-2007, 08:34 AM
I've only ever hunted muleys and this weekend I am going for my first elk hunt. The area I'm hunting has compulsory inspection of elks. My problem is I can only hunt from friday-sunday, and I have to be at work at 5am on monday back in the lower mainland which is a 6 hour drive. What if I nail an elk on sunday at dusk? What do you do? Do you have to bring the elk to a conservation office, or do you call them and they see you, any time? Even if I get one on saturday night say, do I have to find a conservation office sunday? I'm confused!!! If I have to actually find a co office before I get the damn elk to a butcher in town I might just pass on it this time:mad:

newhunterette
09-18-2007, 08:41 AM
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/ci.html
fish and wildlife website
check this link out

RiverOtter
09-18-2007, 08:58 AM
I've only ever hunted muleys and this weekend I am going for my first elk hunt. The area I'm hunting has compulsory inspection of elks. My problem is I can only hunt from friday-sunday, and I have to be at work at 5am on monday back in the lower mainland which is a 6 hour drive. What if I nail an elk on sunday at dusk? What do you do? Do you have to bring the elk to a conservation office, or do you call them and they see you, any time? Even if I get one on saturday night say, do I have to find a conservation office sunday? I'm confused!!! If I have to actually find a co office before I get the damn elk to a butcher in town I might just pass on it this time:mad:

I assume you are going after elk in Region 8, if so, you have 10 days to get your elk inspected. There are a list of contacts in the regs and you can choose the one closet to your residence, not the scene of the kill. For elk, all you need is the skull(with some brain/spinal matter) and antlers to be inspected. CO's don't do the inspection, there are private guys that get contracted out for that job now.

Oh and if you dump an elk at dusk on Sunday, you ain't gonna be at work 5 a.m. Monday morning.:razz:

RO