PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Sportsman show Tradex

Arctic Lake
02-26-2019, 08:51 AM
Have not been in years is it worth it ? Will there be a few dealers showcasing rifles and other firearms . Looked to see if I could find a list of exhibitors but no luck .
Thanks !
Arctic Lake

Bear Brawler
02-26-2019, 09:02 AM
Italian Sports always does an awesome sale that weekend. Better than going to the shit show.

Bragdon
02-26-2019, 09:13 AM
Go to BC Sportsmen’s Show, click on menu top right corner, click on attend, then click on exhibitor list.

Weatherby Fan
02-26-2019, 09:31 AM
I go every year, always something to see or buy, not as much hunting as one would like but still gets a guy out of the house, my older brother and I go together every year......kind of a tradition and an excuse to go for lunch !

chris
02-26-2019, 10:04 AM
I'm going boat shopping. The hunting stuff is usually limited. The COs are usually there, I've stopped and asked them questions a couple times. It's not a great show but it is a great excuse to leave the house.

Iron Glove
02-26-2019, 11:01 AM
We go most years, Wife and I will probably head out for the Friday opening as it's not near as busy as the Sat - Sun crowd.
It's a decent "all in one" kinda show.
Last year Son and I went, he spent maybe $4 or 500 on fishing stuff, I basically bought some salmon. :smile: He was looking at the fishing punts, was a good venue for comparing different makes.
Son can't make it this year but has given me a small "want" list.
If you go, get the tickets online and avoid the long line ups to get in.

GEF
02-26-2019, 11:49 AM
I believe Precision optics will be there you can meet the Omer face to face.
.Always worth a look around .I will go and have a look .

REMINGTON JIM
02-26-2019, 11:58 AM
EVERY show is Worth it ! - Theres ALWAYS something GOOD to See or Someone Good to Speak with ! JMO ;) RJ

john-brennan
02-26-2019, 12:59 PM
I believe Precision optics will be there you can meet the Omer face to face.
.Always worth a look around .I will go and have a look .

Omer is a good guy I am waiting for a rifle to arrive from him.

Bugle M In
02-26-2019, 01:09 PM
Are there any good speakers/shows inside the show?
I know I went to Seattle years ago.
I listened to Brian Chan, and talked with him.
Got to meet Larry D Jones (who was my mentor with his elk hunting videos) and he took the time to speak with me
for over an hour. (really is a big elk hunting fan!)
Did realize there were some writers of the hunting magazines who gave a seminars, that really weren't the best at advice
because most of them used GO's, and didn't really do all the leg work themselves.

It I probably good to "support" the show, but I wonder how good it really is? or could it be a lot better?

Arctic Lake
02-26-2019, 04:56 PM
Thanks to all you fellas for your replies ! Can always count on HBC members to chime in !
Arctic Lake

Jimm3r
02-26-2019, 05:44 PM
I always go - don't really buy much. I'd rather support the show than have it disappear.

Iron Glove
02-26-2019, 05:58 PM
Anyone know if BCWF Members get a discount on tickets - has been that way for ages but I can't find any info re this on the BCWF or Show sites ??

tyreguy
02-26-2019, 06:41 PM
x2 - always go and support the show. Always something to look at most years

I always go - don't really buy much. I'd rather support the show than have it disappear.

rageous
02-26-2019, 07:18 PM
Always a good time. Support the show. Always good to check out the Amsol booth.

wildcatter
02-26-2019, 08:17 PM
If any of you guys thinking about buying an inflatable boat, we will have a few good show specials.
Look up Kits Inflatables.

Downwindtracker2
02-26-2019, 09:14 PM
Every year I seem to find some thing worthwhile. One year it was Sport Rack ski adaption in the parking lot.

Caribou_lou
02-26-2019, 10:03 PM
Went last year while I was at school. I Was impressed with the show. Was hard to walk around at times. Left with a few new lures. Some nice boats there too

tyreguy
02-27-2019, 07:04 AM
Always a good time. Support the show. Always good to check out the Amsol booth.
I have dozens of paper funnels!!!

Piperdown
02-27-2019, 07:32 AM
Anyone know if BCWF Members get a discount on tickets - has been that way for ages but I can't find any info re this on the BCWF or Show sites ??

No deals for Canuck fans but there are for Leafs fans ;):mrgreen:

Arctic Lake
02-27-2019, 10:29 AM
[QUOTE=GEF;2075438]I believe Precision optics will be there you can meet the Omer face to face.
.Always worth a look around .I will go and have a look .[/QUOTE
Hi GEF
Seems Omer won't be at the Sportsman's show but he will be at the Sheep convention in Kamloops .
Arctic Lake

Arctic Lake
02-27-2019, 10:32 AM
Go to BC Sportsmen’s Show, click on menu top right corner, click on attend, then click on exhibitor list.
Thanks for the info ! Checked out the web page does not seem like any Local Gun Shops will be there or much hunting related stuff few seminars on some hunting topics .
Arctic Lake

Iron Glove
02-27-2019, 10:58 AM
No deals for Canuck fans but there are for Leafs fans ;):mrgreen:

How about HABS fans, at least the Good Wife will get a discount. :grin:

browningboy
02-27-2019, 12:11 PM
I'll go, every year I say it's the last year because it sucks but with cabin fever it will be good to go and just check some stuff out!... Then say it sucks! LOL

Huntingtyler123
02-27-2019, 01:49 PM
Rather go to italian sporting goods store this weekend for there sale

whitlers
02-27-2019, 02:37 PM
I usually go and I'm usually disappointed. Never enough hunting related stuff IMO

Big Mac
02-27-2019, 03:05 PM
Travis will be at the show he is from wapiti river outdoors and he is doing seminars on elk calling and being a world class caller he will be there to also answer all your questions

Bugle M In
02-27-2019, 04:42 PM
Travis will be at the show he is from wapiti river outdoors and he is doing seminars on elk calling and being a world class caller he will be there to also answer all your questions

Do you know date and time?

Bugle M In
02-27-2019, 04:43 PM
Have to ask, are their any members here on HBC directly responsible/involved in the Tradex show.
Just curious is all?

lovemywinchester
02-27-2019, 10:30 PM
Have to ask, are their any members here on HBC directly responsible/involved in the Tradex show.
Just curious is all?

I'll be working at the Humminbird, Minn Kota, Cannon downriggers booth. I'm the sales rep for BC and Alberta. Come by and say hi if your at the show. Check out some of the new Humminbird fish finders. Pretty amazing what they do these days.
Andrew

Iron Glove
02-28-2019, 01:02 PM
I'll be working at the Humminbird, Minn Kota, Cannon downriggers booth. I'm the sales rep for BC and Alberta. Come by and say hi if your at the show. Check out some of the new Humminbird fish finders. Pretty amazing what they do these days.
Andrew

Will products be for sale or is it an "Info" booth - I'm looking at buying an electric motor??

Salmon Belly
02-28-2019, 08:47 PM
Will products be for sale or is it an "Info" booth - I'm looking at buying an electric motor??
sorry to burst your bubble ICG, but they won't run off your hearing aid batteries.... ;)

SB

Iron Glove
02-28-2019, 10:04 PM
sorry to burst your bubble ICG, but they won't run off your hearing aid batteries.... ;)
SB

Ha Ha Fish Guts, I'll see you in Tulameen and looking forward to drinking your cheap beer. :mrgreen:
I'm heading up tomorrow for a few days, just want to check the roads to see if a Tundra can make it. :wink:

lovemywinchester
02-28-2019, 10:13 PM

We don't sell any product, we are the manufacturers so we just let you play with it. Poco Marine is right across from us and they will have Minn Kota motors for sale.

wildcatter
02-28-2019, 10:43 PM
Andrew

I'll come by Sunday to say hi, I'm with Kits Inflatables. Otto

Bugle M In
02-28-2019, 11:53 PM
We don't sell any product, we are the manufacturers so we just let you play with it. Poco Marine is right across from us and they will have Minn Kota motors for sale.
Picked one up last season, so far so good and enjoy it.

Sportster
03-01-2019, 12:31 PM
Yeah I go every year too. I always enjoy the seminars.

newhunterette
03-01-2019, 03:26 PM
Hi y’all
My whole family and I are attending together this year. We will be there most of the day Sunday. We have always spent a day with Breanne (for her birthday). Can y’all imagine... she is 28. She was still in Elementary school when I joined HBC. I will be visiting and saying hi to the Pro guys from the Nice Fish Pro Staff with Gary Cooper show.... not sure how many of ya have seen it on Chek TV the past few weeks but I am that dork at the end cooking. If ya see us wandering about, say hi..... haven’t seen a lot of you in ages.

Enjoy the weekend, enjoy the show, be safe
Ali

Bugle M In
03-01-2019, 05:50 PM
Hi y’all
My whole family and I are attending together this year. We will be there most of the day Sunday. We have always spent a day with Breanne (for her birthday). Can y’all imagine... she is 28. She was still in Elementary school when I joined HBC. I will be visiting and saying hi to the Pro guys from the Nice Fish Pro Staff with Gary Cooper show.... not sure how many of ya have seen it on Chek TV the past few weeks but I am that dork at the end cooking. If ya see us wandering about, say hi..... haven’t seen a lot of you in ages.

Enjoy the weekend, enjoy the show, be safe
Ali

That's you!...cool!

Iron Glove
03-02-2019, 09:11 AM
Wife and I spent @ 2 hours there yesterday, Friday afternoon is great for us old retired folks, not much of a crowd.
Chatted with lovemywinchester at the Minn Kota booth, he was very helpful in my choosing an appropriate electric motor for my 12 ft. Went across the aisle and chatted with PoCo Marine and got a decent price on one, they didn't have any there so I'll likely order one, they ship for free. Did pick up a neat LED "Lantern" for the cabin.
Dropped by the "Tapped Tree" booth to say Hi to a fellow Tulameener, he has a really neat drink dispenser made out of a tree chunk, you have to see them.
Was looking for cheep fly rod cases for the Son, he picked up a few at really good prices last year but none to find this year. We did pick him up some frozen salmon candy tho'.
Had hoped there would be more "affordable" 16 ft. boats that would be a Lake and Fraser boat but not much in the range we wanted.
Stayed away from the gun booths, have way too many already and didn't want to fall to the urge. :mrgreen:
Seems there is a lot of decently priced clothing, other than that kept the wallets in our pockets.
If you go, remember to buy your parking ticket after parking, you don't pay on the way out as in years ago. There were quite a few ( usually old timers ) that ended up in the show ticket line without a parking ticket.
All in all a decent way to spend a few hours.

Arctic Lake
03-02-2019, 09:53 AM
Wife and I spent @ 2 hours there yesterday, Friday afternoon is great for us old retired folks, not much of a crowd.
Chatted with lovemywinchester at the Minn Kota booth, he was very helpful in my choosing an appropriate electric motor for my 12 ft. Went across the aisle and chatted with PoCo Marine and got a decent price on one, they didn't have any there so I'll likely order one, they ship for free. Did pick up a neat LED "Lantern" for the cabin.
Dropped by the "Tapped Tree" booth to say Hi to a fellow Tulameener, he has a really neat drink dispenser made out of a tree chunk, you have to see them.
Was looking for cheep fly rod cases for the Son, he picked up a few at really good prices last year but none to find this year. We did pick him up some frozen salmon candy tho'.
Had hoped there would be more "affordable" 16 ft. boats that would be a Lake and Fraser boat but not much in the range we wanted.
Stayed away from the gun booths, have way too many already and didn't want to fall to the urge. :mrgreen:
Seems there is a lot of decently priced clothing, other than that kept the wallets in our pockets.
If you go, remember to buy your parking ticket after parking, you don't pay on the way out as in years ago. There were quite a few ( usually old timers ) that ended up in the show ticket line without a parking ticket.
All in all a decent way to spend a few hours.

Iron Glove
You mentioned gun booths. Could you tell me who was there Local Gun Shops or Manufacturers
Thank You !
Arctic Lake

Iron Glove
03-02-2019, 11:31 AM
Iron Glove
You mentioned gun booths. Could you tell me who was there Local Gun Shops or Manufacturers
Thank You !
Arctic Lake

I just PM'd ya.

Billybird
03-02-2019, 07:46 PM
Spent the morning there today with Elkhound and Grumpa Joe. There was a fantastic Elk call presentation put on by Travis from Wapati River Outdoors was bloody fantastic! This alone made the show worthwhile for me. My 7yr daughter old was already hooked, but now that Elkhound bought her a pink lady cow call she is on cloud nine especially now that she can make that thing squawk.

Arctic Lake
03-02-2019, 08:14 PM
Spent the morning there today with Elkhound and Grumpa Joe. There was a fantastic Elk call presentation put on by Travis from Wapati River Outdoors was bloody fantastic! This alone made the show worthwhile for me. My 7yr daughter old was already hooked, but now that Elkhound bought her a pink lady cow call she is on cloud nine especially now that she can make that thing squawk.

Great for you guy's ! Getting the youth into it as well !
Arctic Lake

Buck
03-03-2019, 06:20 PM
Ow that was an expensive trip got a new 4 boys boatloader

TexasWalker
03-03-2019, 09:55 PM

I watched the same presentation, he's an excellent caller and a really nice guy.
I ended up leaving with a new bugle and a set of his reeds, wife has been really thrilled about it so far lol

264mag
03-03-2019, 11:12 PM
Travis is a great guy, I have used his reeds for years and they are awesome. The man can flat out speak elk!