PDA

View Full Version : ATV restrictions 3-28/29/30

jdmck
02-18-2019, 12:03 PM
I know there are no atv,s allowed from sept to dec for hunting I do not see where i would be restricted for spring bear is there any info I might have missed

bcsteve
02-18-2019, 12:47 PM
No, no restrictions in the spring , only in the fall.

swampthing
02-18-2019, 01:02 PM
Yep, go for it! Kind of a stupid rule I thought. All about protecting the mulies I guess, which is ok by me.

sames14
02-18-2019, 01:27 PM
It is a safety issue. The fire also burned underground. Be very careful on the skidder trails and old overgrown roads and trails. The tree root's have burned up leaving a ditch like affect, some are real deep and you may not see it until the last second. Trees that are still standing dont have the root structure to keep them planted or anchored to the ground so there are lots of felled trees so you will be constantly clearing trails. Be safe.

Bugle M In
02-18-2019, 02:10 PM
I think there are a few of those fire barrier roads that are off limit full time!?
I might be wrong.
I know most normal roads and slash roads are open outside of hunting for orv's etc.
But I think those fire barriers are not to be travelled in at all (could be wrong?)

jdmck
02-18-2019, 03:18 PM
the places I hunt have not been impacted by the fires but are in the MU.s

Drillbit
02-18-2019, 03:41 PM
Yep, go for it! Kind of a stupid rule I thought. All about protecting the mulies I guess, which is ok by me.

Could be why there's a restriction there.

But in Reg 5-13 for example, hunting with ATV's restictions were put in to keep locals out of guide areas.

whitlers
02-18-2019, 08:05 PM
No trucks or quads etc except on existing roads within the Elephant Hill wildfire area. Effective until Dec 31st 2020

REMINGTON JIM
02-18-2019, 08:29 PM
They put a 1 Year extension on the CLOSURE from Jan 1 2019 to Dec 31 2019 ! NO USAGE of ATV for any hunting purposes for the whole Year ! I doubt they will EVER lift the Closure ! Many thanks to the Ashcroft FN Band ! :mad: RJ

wildcatter
02-18-2019, 08:34 PM
They put a 1 Year extension on the CLOSURE from Jan 1 2019 to Dec 31 2019 ! NO USAGE of ATV for any hunting purposes for the whole Year ! I doubt they will EVER lift the Closure ! Many thanks to the Ashcroft FN Band ! :mad: RJ

You're such a racist Jim:lol:

stinkyduck
02-18-2019, 09:02 PM
Many thanks is right now only the first nation people are allowed to use atv's with in the burn area, and this year they were charging trespass fees to pick morel mushrooms in the spring.................WTF???

Gun Dog
02-18-2019, 10:53 PM
It's all bogus. I've done a bunch of riding around the 5-1 Interlakes Trails (which are exempt). There are signs on the fire breaks and roads -- no motorized vehicles allowed -- which is fine. The fire opened up some areas but no more that the logging that goes on. There's still lots of forest for the deer. This is the Northern end of the fire so maybe it's worse by Loon Lake. Or not.

REMINGTON JIM
02-18-2019, 11:11 PM
Many thanks is right now only the first nation people are allowed to use atv's with in the burn area, and this year they were charging trespass fees to pick morel mushrooms in the spring.................WTF???

Yea WTF is Right !they had a Fancy Painted sign sayin all that CRAP right at the Junction of Hwy 24 and East Sheridan Lake road - But SOMEONE cut it down and thru it over the bank ! No Idea who it was ! :shock: RJ

Poss a Local REDNECK ! :lol:

russm86
02-19-2019, 11:35 AM
It is a safety issue. The fire also burned underground. Be very careful on the skidder trails and old overgrown roads and trails. The tree root's have burned up leaving a ditch like affect, some are real deep and you may not see it until the last second. Trees that are still standing dont have the root structure to keep them planted or anchored to the ground so there are lots of felled trees so you will be constantly clearing trails. Be safe.

Some of the areas that have been restricted never even had any fires in them.

REMINGTON JIM
02-19-2019, 02:17 PM
Some of the areas that have been restricted never even had any fires in them.

you MEAN lots of the Area NEVER HAD fire - THEY have being looking for a excuse to close those mu's for Years now ! FN's just helped it along ! :mad: RJ

g2mike
02-19-2019, 05:42 PM
I hunted the Skull Mountain area of 3-28 last year which wasn't effected by the recent fire, but burned 15 years ago. IMO it is a fantastic forest use management area with a FEW roads open to vehicles, and the rest of them closed. With big board maps at the entrance to the areas. Theres opportunity for people who want to stay in their truck. But for those of us that want to hike 3-5km away from you, we don't have to see a quad ripping along beside us.

Now I might have a different opinion if I was out looking for moose....