PDA

View Full Version : whitetail or muley

dino
09-16-2007, 04:47 PM
what are the best ways to see the difference in the two quickly. please dont be to sarcastic, I honestly would like to know what to look for other than a white tail.

ruger#1
09-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Smaller ears and different antler configuration, and a little different hair color.

Deerwhacker
09-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Mulies have a big white ass with an all white tail that looks like the tip has been dipped in black paint and a blackish grey "hat" and yes big mule like ears.

Newf_ster
09-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Deffently the way they run too. I think White tail they run with there tail stright up in the wait and they have a great big white patch on there arse. But I find it hard up here. I shot a few years ago what I belive to be a high breed of a deer. A mix. It had the body of a white tail and it had the head of a muley. When i brought it in to get cut up he said it was a white tale and than when he was the head part he was like is it a muley. SO ya. Just a little tip.
p.s the tail thing might be the other way around

dougan
09-16-2007, 04:56 PM
first thing i seem to always notice is white around the eyes on the face of the white tail and the rump patch on the mulies

Derek_Erickson
09-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Whitetails look funny, you should easily be able to tell the difference, if not then hey, take a look at some pictures on google. but yeah, look for the ears on a muley and the horns on a whitetail grow on one beam with points up muleys on the other hand spread and fork and they just much better

good luck

3kills
09-16-2007, 08:48 PM
whitetails have a longer skinnyier neck then mulies too...

mainland hunter
09-16-2007, 09:04 PM
look at some pictures of the faces and the different coloration and patterns. some folks i know can never tell the difference without seeing the tail but the face with or without antlers is a pretty good indicator.

Derek_Erickson
09-16-2007, 09:32 PM
I also figure whitetails got a long slender face, muleys short stocky

Shooter
09-16-2007, 09:40 PM
White tails have a different antler than a muley. Muley's will grow up and branch in a couple directions. White tail has a main beam forward with tines coming off. Of course there are always weird ones out there.

Derek_Erickson
09-16-2007, 09:43 PM
yes the filthy hybrids