PDA

View Full Version : 1campfire. NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT

lorneparker1
02-14-2019, 09:03 PM
If there was ever an intative to put your time and money into... this is it. This Has been in the works for while and was released last week at the wild sheep federation banquet in reno. This was put together by some of our finest in the WIld sheep Society of BC.

It has the backing of some of the industries biggest names backing it.

BCWF donated $30,000 to the initiative a few days ago.

Please visit the website and "like" the facebook page. Then invite everyone on your friends list to the facebook page. Hunter or not.

https://www.facebook.com/1Campfire/

http://1campfire.com/?fbclid=IwAR0X-caAPf985-9DjKRMCzdNyKqeXe4Ct9irduflwzMEQ1XxajZDKLW828U

Lorne

REMINGTON JIM
02-14-2019, 09:13 PM
You being sleeping for 2 weeks ? :p lol RJ

Weatherby Fan
02-14-2019, 09:20 PM
Thanks Lorne, check out our Hunter Heritage Raffle one HBC, hopefully we raise another $20,000 to add to the total ! some great prizes to be won
We've raised just about $5000 in 6 days

showthread.php (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?150470-Hunter-heritage-raffle)

lorneparker1
02-14-2019, 10:44 PM
You being sleeping for 2 weeks ? :p lol RJ

No. Since the only thread on here I could find had 5 replies I thought it might be a good idea to bring it back up. "Lol"

REMINGTON JIM
02-14-2019, 10:51 PM
No. Since the only thread on here I could find had 5 replies I thought it might be a good idea to bring it back up. "Lol"

Good Job Buddy ! was Just teasing Ya ! :wink: RJ

Arctic Lake
02-14-2019, 11:17 PM
I think I may have mentioned this before but will mention it again then those of you with bright minds could try and get things rolling . Is the firearm industry aware of this initiative ?
Arctic Lake

Arctic Lake
02-15-2019, 10:32 AM
'Is the firearm industry aware of this initiative ?'

May not be the best bed partners in an initiative to sway public opinion about the ethics of hunting

Hmmmm... Makes sense ! Bright minds thinking !
Arctic Lake

rbest
02-15-2019, 11:04 PM

May not be the best bed partners in an initiative to sway public opinion about the ethics of hunting
Please explain?

rbest
02-16-2019, 12:40 AM

No no offence at all on your comment btw, just would like to know your thoughts

lorneparker1
02-16-2019, 10:48 PM
Bump

Lorne

2x4x16
02-17-2019, 11:33 AM
We are looking for all industry stakeholders to support us. The campaign is now directed to those in the outdoor and hunting space. Our Wild Sheep Society name or reference will not be visible anywhere when we go to the urban general public in early April.
We have had great initial consversations with all sorts of commercial entities. Business have a huge vested interest in maintaining and ensuring we have a future in B.C. Support us in sharing our site and message as well as monetarily. Visual imagery is king!!

I am the project cooradintor of 1Campfire message me for more info or to lend your financial support!

Cheers

Colin

Weatherby Fan
02-17-2019, 12:47 PM
We are looking for all industry stakeholders to support us. The campaign is now directed to those in the outdoor and hunting space. Our Wild Sheep Society name or reference will not be visible anywhere when we go to the urban general public in early April.
We have had great initial consversations with all sorts of commercial entities. Business have a huge vested interest in maintaining and ensuring we have a future in B.C. Support us in sharing our site and message as well as monetarily. Visual imagery is king!!

I am the project cooradintor of 1Campfire message me for more info or to lend your financial support!

Cheers

Colin

WOW, great work Colin, thank you for all your doing, amazing work on 1campfire

TexasWalker
02-17-2019, 07:44 PM

Cheers

Colin

Do you guys have a board of directors etc.?
Could you post a summary with names?

kayjayess
02-18-2019, 11:02 AM
On behalf of the Wild Sheep Society of BC we are very thankful for the support of the hunting community and the HBC members that have rallied behind us.

In the interest of clarity, 1Campfire is an initiative that is 100% driven by the Wild Sheep Society of BC. In March of 2018 the Wild Sheep Society of BC formed a new Hunter Heritage committee after seeking input from our membership. We received overwhelming support for this initiative. The Hunter Heritage committee, through our Board of Directors, has launched 1Campfire and although the entity is a stand alone from the Society, it is wholly managed and driven by the Wild Sheep Society of BC. There is no stand alone Board of Directors or other organization.

Pertaining to funding, the initial platform funding for 1Campfire was 100% from the Wild Sheep Society of BC through donations specifically for this campaign. We had 3 of our Monarch Members make direct donations for this initiative exceeding $30,000. That is right over $30,000. Thank you gentlemen! We have had strong fiscal support from the BC hunting community, including individuals and organizations.

For a list of our Board of Directors for the Wild Sheep Society of BC visit: https://www.wildsheepsociety.com/wild-sheep-society-of-bc-executive/ . For more on our Hunter Heritage program visit: https://www.wildsheepsociety.com/wild-sheep-society-of-bc-projects/hunter-heritage/ . If anyone has any questions on the structure of 1Campfire I encourage you to contact me at kstelter @ wildsheepsociety.com.

I would encourage those that are not members to join our organization and help support conservation in BC along with our 1Campfire Campaign. We committed over $130,000 to conservation on the ground in BC in 2018 (that is in addition to what we did with our 1Campfire initiative).

Thanks again for all your support,

Kyle Stelter
President WSSBC

Wild one
02-18-2019, 11:12 AM
Thanks for some honest no BS effort WSSBC

Tuffcity
02-18-2019, 08:35 PM
Just to add a foot note to Kyle's post, no funds dedicated to our conservation efforts will be diverted to the 1campfire initiative. 1campfire relies solely on contributions. donations, gifts specifically earmarked for this cause. So your support, in addition to the work we do as the WSSBC, is very important.

It's time we told our story...

RC