PDA

View Full Version : kelowna

therrien1973
09-16-2007, 08:25 AM
has anyone had any luck at kelowna

wetcoastwillie
09-16-2007, 08:47 AM
I've gotten "lucky" in Kelowna a few times!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

hannibal
09-16-2007, 10:24 AM
I've been out four times, morning and evening and aside from seeing some does (mule and white) nothin'. Heck even the grouse I was gonna shoot got hit by some coyotes, from the paw prints and such. They're there, they're just being bitches and making us earn our rewards.

BCLongshot
09-16-2007, 10:27 AM
I got so lucky with a Kelowna girl and now I call her Honey !!!

WoodOx
09-16-2007, 10:42 AM
been out a few times now.

Only seen young buck whites and mulies - no mature deer since pre-season.

I cant say ive been out enough frankly to expect to have seen any crankers yet!

Lotsa bears around this fall it seems

bushguy
09-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Someone got a nice 4 point muley by the landfill last week,,dont know what kind of shape the meat was in though:smile:

Alpine85
09-16-2007, 10:51 AM
My buddy got a 5x6 elk a few days ago and I heard of one good muley shot, yet to see pictures though.

dave_fras
09-16-2007, 11:46 AM
ive been out a few times now.... i could have shot a basket 4 whitey but i let him pass... as well as a couple small whiteys.... tons of little muleys too..... im heading out tonite again

300H&H
09-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Ive been out a few times and have seen onlt 2 whitetail bucks. They just were not big enough to take this early (spike & 3x4). I have seen LOTS of grouse. The weather has been way to nice but it has changed today and looks better for this week.

dave_fras
09-17-2007, 05:57 AM
i went out alast night... for about 4 hours..... only 3 does.... but as we were loading up the quads we saw a monster 5x5 whitey.... he fed only 60 yards from us...but... private land!... and he was really low down!,,,, i couldnt believe it!,,,i guess thats hunting tho

mtnmax
09-17-2007, 07:15 AM
went through a game check at the hair pin by gowdy rd sunday morning,didn't look too exciting. Rcmp were checking to

GoatGuy
09-17-2007, 08:35 AM
My buddy got a 5x6 elk a few days ago and I heard of one good muley shot, yet to see pictures though.

Not as big as last years; he called me when they were packing it out - lucky bugger!!!!! They've certainly got 'em figured out.

We managed to sneek out for a sat night and sun morn hunt and saw a couple bucks. One shot and his brother went after a 160-170 buck but they couldn't get close enough to him as the sun was coming up. Would have been a good buck for his bro.

Most of the critters were down in the thick crap and all you could make out was a glimpse here and there. Makes for really tough hunting when it's 20 degrees above treeline.

one-shot-wonder
09-17-2007, 08:56 AM
Not as big as last years; he called me when they were packing it out - lucky bugger!!!!! They've certainly got 'em figured out.

Funny I got the same obnoxious message on my phone from the guy!! lucky SOB Nice work!

We managed to sneek out for a sat night and sun morn hunt and saw a couple bucks. One shot and his brother went after a 160-170 buck but they couldn't get close enough to him as the sun was coming up. Would have been a good buck for his bro.

Most of the critters were down in the thick crap and all you could make out was a glimpse here and there. Makes for really tough hunting when it's 20 degrees above treeline.

Would have been a dandy for the bro thats for sure.....Great trip nonetheless, he was pumped! We definately need the frost to come and perhaps some moisture would help quiet down the bush as well.

I have only a minor report from Kelowna area as I have been hunting out of town this week, I hunted one morning where I saw a young bull moose with a cow and some does.

beeker
09-17-2007, 11:51 AM
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/mule%20deer.jpg

Sister's boyfriend and his partner put this guy on the ground yesterday around here.

Sieg-MM
09-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Funny I got the same obnoxious message on my phone from the guy!! lucky SOB Nice work!

Too many beers after the pack I guess - it was a pretty exciting morning :D. I'll post picks for the crowd when I get a chance.

Spent a week in Kelowna hunting. All the elements were against us last week. Noise bush, hot days, youth season stirring up the deer etc... I didn't see a four pt mulie but other guys had some chances. Nothing to exciting for those that missed opening week.

therrien1973
09-17-2007, 09:40 PM
nice 5x5 i would fo shot it any way then ask for forgivness