PDA

View Full Version : Park plans

Cub Driver
02-06-2019, 04:11 PM
The following draft park plans are posted on the BC Parks website for review and comment.
NORTHERN ROCKY MOUNTAIN PARK
REDFERN-KEILY PARK

boxhitch
02-07-2019, 11:50 AM
I'm afraid that the current trend will lead to increased effort to plan for heritage and cultural values and take away from wildlife flora and fauna
Identifying indigenous values is crippling the provinces efforts

swampthing
02-07-2019, 04:21 PM
I couldn't find any info in bc parks? What are they up too?

2chodi
02-07-2019, 05:27 PM
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/planning/

Scotty76
02-07-2019, 06:43 PM
I scanned and read most of it, it doesn’t seem all that bad. They want to keep recreation activities. Only thing I see is they are being more aware of the jet boat access and fixed wing access. But still allowing it but going to monitor it more closely. Not sure how with the funding they get but oh well. Did I miss something? Anyone have any other knowledge of the draft plan that is negative for us resident hunters?

2chodi
02-07-2019, 07:27 PM
Well, it is a park after all and hunting is allowed, unlike in some provincial parks. There was a lot of discussion about quality of experience and overcrowding when the advisory group met 15 plus years ago, so it's not surprising to see Parks wanting to monitor jet boat traffic. I suspect they have been doing that in the interim regardless and there have been no limitations to date.

The idea of the Northern Rocky Mountains Park was to allow traditional activities and focus on a wilderness experience with few or no government facilities/campsites and no signage on trails. There was also a focus on education rather than regulations to maintain the wilderness experience. The new plan lacks some details that were in the original plan. For example, the original plan had a lot of language around fuel storage and labelling of fuel drums - that's missing in the new plan.

walks with deer
02-07-2019, 10:57 PM
i read aswell looks okay for now...

walks with deer
02-07-2019, 10:58 PM
glad the areas are protected.

blackbart
02-07-2019, 11:10 PM
Provincial Parks are sooooooo much better for us than National Parks!