PDA

View Full Version : Why are we being punished for the actions of criminals?

Rayne
02-02-2019, 12:32 PM
With the last two shootings in surrey why hasn’t anyone pointed out to the news broadcasters that regardless of them trying to take away our firearms these criminals will still find access to them. Especially a convicted criminal who just got out jail for murdering someone. There’s no way he had his PAL. So how are they getting their hands on these guns to hurt civilians (I think we’re all aware how but why doesn’t the news recognize it). I think we as a community need to make some noise.
Just voicing my opinion
Rayne

ryanb
02-02-2019, 12:50 PM
I think the question everyone should be asking is why does a convicted murderer serve less than 8 years in prison.... OUTRAGEOUS...

And he was a known high risk to re-offend.

This country is broken on so many levels.

Bugle M In
02-02-2019, 12:53 PM
It is outrageous.
However, I am waiting for one or 2 of our members to chime in "why" this happens, the "justification" under our court system.
Waiting...….:mrgreen:

Rayne
02-02-2019, 01:00 PM
Ryan I definitely have to agree. We seem to think everyone will change after a few short years in prison. Which isn’t the case. The USA has no problem handing out real jail sentences why can’t we follow suit.

REMINGTON JIM
02-02-2019, 01:06 PM
It is outrageous.
However, I am waiting for one or 2 of our members to chime in "why" this happens, the "justification" under our court system.
Waiting...….:mrgreen:

Where the Hell is Pemby mess - Hes Missing in action ! :shock: RJ

ryanb
02-02-2019, 01:29 PM
Jail isn't a punishment... it's to remove cancer from our society.

HappyJack
02-03-2019, 06:16 PM
The revolving door doesn't work, and personally I'm tired of working to pay for the nonsense going on in our judicial / legal system. 3 strikes and you're out! Capital punishment...bring it back. WE need a political party that will have the nuts to change things...

SSG-man
02-03-2019, 08:04 PM
Ask a Liberal if they think they can eliminate all firearms and weapons?
If the answer is yes walk away.

Only deterrent for crime with weapons would be life like in Singapore.
Not 3 years, not 5-7 years, not 10.

SSG-man
02-03-2019, 08:05 PM
They are just gonna make more criminals out of law abiding citizens.

gutpile
02-03-2019, 08:15 PM
They got to make jail so though that you would never want to go back there

walks with deer
02-07-2019, 10:47 PM
rayne,

the whole thing is messed...
with the 2017 fires every vagrant from every evacuated communtie came to kamloops on a bus...

guess what they stayed and if we stop them from robbing us we can get introuble...when we get them arrested there back the next day...

the other day we lost a 5000dollar pipe fuser....we found it on kijiji for $200 we went to the house to purchase said item...lol

Treed
02-07-2019, 11:35 PM
The problem is that is costs so much to keep violent or dangerous criminals in jail. To keep costs down, i think early release is financially responsible and the best possible choice. Early release should be considered....

Treed
02-07-2019, 11:36 PM
... to the north coast of Baffin Island. In summer, of course.