PDA

View Full Version : Licence fees going back into wildlife managment!

Haydenmk
02-02-2019, 01:00 AM
http://bcwf.net/index.php/2017-political-election-questions/sign-the-petition

Here's the link to sign a petition for our money spent on licences to go back into conservation for the wildlife we enjoy.
Sign the petition! Looks like we're still short.
Help get our wildlife numbers back up. Thanks everyone.

dana
02-02-2019, 07:20 AM
I heard Wilkinson talking on the radio several weeks ago saying the BC Liberal would put this into practice. And yet hunters keep looking to the GreeNDP thinking they are going to be our Saviour. Funny, how Horgan and Weaver have different thoughts eh?

huntingfamily
02-02-2019, 11:19 AM
Signed the petition.

dapesche
02-02-2019, 11:24 AM
The beauty is that First Nation groups have the same wildlife concerns as resident hunters and outfitters.

Govt is very focused on appeasing first Nations which means we all get more money into the wildlife mgt pot.

4 point
02-02-2019, 12:25 PM
Done, good petition.

Haydenmk
02-02-2019, 12:49 PM
Yeah that is funny. But atleast BC finally looks to be starting something good for wildlife management. Glad to see some participation.

Bugle M In
02-02-2019, 12:51 PM
Already did this, AND, I forwarded on the link to "Friends", appr. 30 -40 of them.
Interesting thing, several of the "none hunters" replied back that they signed it, and were also forwarding on to friends of theirs.
So, take the time to share the link to your friends, you might be surprised!
Tell them it is very quick to sign the petition.
Tell them how it will benefit wildlife, not just hunters.

northernguy
02-02-2019, 12:54 PM
Done and passed along to several friends to sign.

Jordan f.
02-02-2019, 01:21 PM
Signed.

My address is an Alberta one, so hopefully it still counts?

Either way, shared with all my BC friends.

Bugle M In
02-02-2019, 04:13 PM
Yup, send it to friends, not just hunters.
Even if it is only a small percentage that do, well, every little bit helps.

Jordan f.
02-02-2019, 07:25 PM
Yup, send it to friends, not just hunters.
Even if it is only a small percentage that do, well, every little bit helps.

Not only that. It shows that we as hunters do respect and love the animals we chase. A lot of good can come from this.

Arctic Lake
02-02-2019, 07:51 PM
Done . Thanks for posting !
Arctic Lake

REMINGTON JIM
02-02-2019, 08:39 PM
Done and Passed on ! Thks RJ

j270wsm
02-02-2019, 11:23 PM
Petition Signed!!

barry1974w
02-02-2019, 11:55 PM
Signed, but does anybody know how much revenue we’re talking about? I’m curious if if licence and tag sales would be anywhere near enough to do an adequate job. Not saying it’s a bad idea, just asking.....

nicholast
02-03-2019, 02:07 AM
Signed and send to friends.

Jordan f.
02-03-2019, 11:07 AM
Signed, but does anybody know how much revenue we’re talking about? I’m curious if if licence and tag sales would be anywhere near enough to do an adequate job. Not saying it’s a bad idea, just asking.....

About 12million more just from hunting related fees. Now if heli-skiing, eco-tourism, oil and gas, etc. had to pay as well (like stated in the link), you'd be looking at a pretty decent chunk of change going into conservation.

barry1974w
02-03-2019, 11:44 AM
About 12million more just from hunting related fees. Now if heli-skiing, eco-tourism, oil and gas, etc. had to pay as well (like stated in the link), you'd be looking at a pretty decent chunk of change going into conservation.

12 million more than currently? The only issue I have with the eco tourism crowd contributing is that it gives them a legitimate voice. As it is, they claim to care, but have no data to back it up, unlike hunters and conservation groups. We can show how much we’ve done, and the results of our contributions. Again, I’m all for more going into conservation, just trying to wrap my head around things

boxhitch
02-03-2019, 12:57 PM
An extra $12 mil to on-the-ground efforts would be nice
instead of just another line item in the ledger under 'general'

HarryToolips
02-03-2019, 12:58 PM
I heard Wilkinson talking on the radio several weeks ago saying the BC Liberal would put this into practice. And yet hunters keep looking to the GreeNDP thinking they are going to be our Saviour. Funny, how Horgan and Weaver have different thoughts eh?
Ya it's funny how Horgan and Weaver are supposed to be 'green', yet they can't commit to put all of our hunting licence funding back into wildlife..pathetic....I signed the petition..

Jordan f.
02-03-2019, 01:34 PM
12 million more than currently? The only issue I have with the eco tourism crowd contributing is that it gives them a legitimate voice. As it is, they claim to care, but have no data to back it up, unlike hunters and conservation groups. We can show how much we’ve done, and the results of our contributions. Again, I’m all for more going into conservation, just trying to wrap my head around things

Yup. If you read the info in the link it's all there.

Regardless of what you think of them. Eco-tourism and that crowd are every bit as entitled to a say as you are. It's their province too. But they must contribute too.

Huntingtyler123
02-03-2019, 08:37 PM
Signed and forwarded to friends and family

Salty
02-04-2019, 04:15 PM
signed .

45freezer
02-04-2019, 06:17 PM
Done and done!

pg83
02-05-2019, 07:32 AM
Signed.

My address is an Alberta one, so hopefully it still counts?

Either way, shared with all my BC friends.

Didn't appear to matter on the Grizzly Bear poll.

barry1974w
02-06-2019, 10:49 PM
Yup. If you read the info in the link it's all there.

Regardless of what you think of them. Eco-tourism and that crowd are every bit as entitled to a say as you are. It's their province too. But they must contribute too.

I didn’t read the link at all. And currently I don’t think they’re as entitled to a say as I am, cause they don’t pay to play to the same extent that we do. Don’t have to buy a camera license, or a hiking licence, or a camping licence, we can take advantage of the same things they can, but to hunt and fish, we pay more, a lot more

Darksith
02-07-2019, 11:23 AM
The beauty is that First Nation groups have the same wildlife concerns as resident hunters and outfitters.

Govt is very focused on appeasing first Nations which means we all get more money into the wildlife mgt pot.

Are you sure? Gov will probably just turn control over to first nations and say "look see, we did something" without putting any money towards it.

Jordan f.
02-07-2019, 12:04 PM
I didn't read the link at all.

Safe bet I should just end this conversation here...

barry1974w
02-07-2019, 10:44 PM
Safe bet I should just end this conversation here...

ok, now I read the link. It’s 2.6 mill from licence sales go to the HCTF. If the other 12 mil went there, that’d be great, but we’d still be counting on govt funding to run the agency.

Bugle M In
02-08-2019, 02:35 PM
ok, now I read the link. It’s 2.6 mill from licence sales go to the HCTF. If the other 12 mil went there, that’d be great, but we’d still be counting on govt funding to run the agency.

First reason why we will need funding received thru other means too, like an conservation fee on outdoor products.
How it gets distributed, either thru the ministry only, or to some organizations (like Freshwater Society does currently)
would be the next thing up for discussion.
WSS, RMEF, BCWF or ????? …..Ranincoast:shock:

Cordillera
02-19-2019, 10:17 PM
It’s a great initiative. The government has already committed to increase wildlife management funding. Something like one million this year and growing to ten million per year by 2020/21. The way the funds will be spent is being designed through a consultation process that includes the BCWF and other stakeholders. http://www.bcwf.net/index.php/news-releases-sp-29877

The liberals had planned something similar.

Bugle M In
02-20-2019, 01:11 AM
It’s a great initiative. The government has already committed to increase wildlife management funding. Something like one million this year and growing to ten million per year by 2020/21. The way the funds will be spent is being designed through a consultation process that includes the BCWF and other stakeholders. http://www.bcwf.net/index.php/news-releases-sp-29877

The liberals had planned something similar.

Thanks for the link.
Surprises me however that no one from the BCWF doesn't post up info on the BCWF heading that has been put aside for them in HBC?

Sportster
02-20-2019, 01:54 PM
Petition is signed!