PDA

View Full Version : Mountain goat hunt - teaser video

Chrispryn
01-28-2019, 10:44 PM
Check out the teaser video from our 2018 Goat hunt. Full film should be ready soon.

https://www.fargonemedia.com/hunting-media-1

Chris

Stone Sheep Steve
01-29-2019, 05:59 AM
Definitely a teaser!

Can't wait to see the whole video!

SSS

pg83
01-29-2019, 07:34 AM
Looking good boys.

decker9
01-29-2019, 03:34 PM
Looks like some good goat country, can’t wait to see the rest!!

butcher
01-29-2019, 03:50 PM
Reminds me of why I love and hate goat hunting.

jan.wi97
01-29-2019, 03:51 PM
Looks awesome! Looking forward to the full video.
My absolute dream hunt...

Bugle M In
01-29-2019, 04:24 PM
Reminds me of why I love and hate goat hunting.
Funny and true.
Look forward to watching (let us know)
Obviously some drone work being used and video with atleast 10fps etc, for some cool shots etc.
But wondering what camera/video device you folks work with mostly?
And, are you using gimbals stabilizers at all, or just decent equipment and a steady hand.

Have a decent gimbal etc, but its becoming very obvious that one needs to be the "full time" camera guy while others do the hunting, imo.

Anyways, looking good!

Chrispryn
01-29-2019, 05:09 PM
Funny and true.
Obviously some drone work being used and video with atleast 10fps etc, for some cool shots etc.
And, are you using gimbals stabilizers at all, or just decent equipment and a steady hand.

Have a decent gimbal etc, but its becoming very obvious that one needs to be the "full time" camera guy while others do the hunting, imo.

Anyways, looking good!

Not exactly sure what camera he used but he did have a nice gimbal. He was also full time camera, no hunting for him.

Also there is no drone footage. That would be illegal.

Thanks for the comments so far guys

45freezer
01-29-2019, 07:32 PM
Some great shots and beautiful views, looking forward to the final product.

BCbillies
01-29-2019, 07:49 PM
Bring it on!

wildcatter
01-29-2019, 08:45 PM
Check out the teaser video from our 2018 Goat hunt. Full film should be ready soon.

Chris

Awesome and I like the sound too.

Tīɡ
01-29-2019, 11:13 PM
Looks excellent so far! Can't wait to see this final product!

DStewart
01-29-2019, 11:38 PM
Funny and true.

Anyways, looking good!

Camera is a Panasonic GH5. A lot of the shots were filmed with a canon 70-200

Bugle M In
01-30-2019, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the info, sorry to have thought some shots were drone.
Looking forward to it.

Vortex hunter
01-31-2019, 11:14 PM
link didn't work for me

Wolf Smacker
02-01-2019, 05:32 AM
Nice work.

Greenthumbed
02-01-2019, 06:50 AM
Looking good, Chris!

Timberjack
02-03-2019, 08:27 PM
Link didn't work for me either...

Chrispryn
02-03-2019, 09:09 PM
https://www.fargonemedia.com/fargonevalley

Not sure why it isnt working fellas, I've just visited the site and done a copy and paste. If it doesn't work now then something above my pay grade is to blame.

Chris

jan.wi97
02-03-2019, 09:39 PM
Works fine for me.. you guys must be using android?! :P

Rob Chipman
02-03-2019, 10:01 PM
Looks good! Coolest part? I recognize some of you boys in there!

Vortex hunter
02-03-2019, 10:56 PM
Works now thanks Chris and nice work ..vortex

nicktrehearne
02-04-2019, 09:12 AM
Looks great, guys!

Timberjack
02-08-2019, 08:14 PM

Chris

Looks great. When’s the full version ready?

TJ

jan.wi97
03-04-2019, 10:22 PM
Hi Chris,
Will the full video be out soon?

Chrispryn
05-31-2019, 09:28 AM
https://www.fargonemedia.com/fargonevalley

Here is the full video guys.

This was the filmmakers first mountain hunt and we let him run with it. We wanted to let him produce a film that captured HIS experience in the mountains. So enjoy this film, FARGONE VALLEY, a mountain hunt from the perspective of a young upcoming filmmaker.

Cheers
Chris

labguy
05-31-2019, 11:15 AM
Very tastefully done video. I think you captured the essence of goat hunting.

Bugle M In
05-31-2019, 11:27 AM
Awesome stuff.
Definitely the way hunting should be depicted.
It ain't easy and I sure as hell don't miss those Alders!!
Congrats guys!

srupp
05-31-2019, 11:37 AM
hmmmm well done Chris et all..your setting up in the dark..i knew within feet where you were..glad it worked out so wonderfully for you guys..lmao warned you about the sudden snow..good on you for heeding the advise.
cheers my friend
Steven

jan.wi97
05-31-2019, 11:39 AM
Very well done! The stuff that keeps me hyped
until season starts

Bugle M In
05-31-2019, 11:44 AM
Good call also on taking the creek up.
It masks a lot of noise.
Although once the snow falls it ain't a good spot to be in.
Have to be careful but can be real effective to get in close.
It can be hard to figure out a good route and it I easy to lose your bearings as you hike up and where you think you are
compared to the game you glassed earlier.
Again, great stuff.

northof49
06-01-2019, 07:42 AM
Nice video Chris....nice and low key and well put together. Cheers

Greenthumbed
06-01-2019, 07:50 PM
Nice job, boys!!

ElectricDyck
06-01-2019, 09:02 PM
Congrats on the goat! Was it a decent billy? No vid of the goat? Were you just trying to avoid the grip and grin? Very well filmed and put together! Curious how long it took to edit all the footage and what camera you were using?

wildcatter
06-01-2019, 10:38 PM
Congrats guys, a goat hunt is never easy.
This brings back memories of goat hunts I have done, including solo.
I will give it a go next year, only if I can get rid of this cancer.

todbartell
06-02-2019, 09:25 AM
video was well done, I enjoyed it

Walking Buffalo
06-02-2019, 10:54 AM
I didn't like the video at all.

So much sap.
Avoiding the brutal and delicious kill, coup and cut....

jac
06-02-2019, 02:17 PM
Great video thanks for sharing!!!

Totally agree that hunting unique with its highs and lows

Well made film

jtred
06-02-2019, 07:27 PM
Excellent video, perfect hunt, I find it's more the hunt I thrill to rather than the kill. The more challenging the hunt the better the memory and horn/antler size doesn't even matter.

decker9
06-02-2019, 09:25 PM
Well put together video!! Looks to be a nanny? Congrats on a legal harvest.

Chrispryn
06-03-2019, 06:28 AM
Thanks for all the comments and feedback guys. I wish I could take some responsibility for the filmmaking side of things but it was all captured and put together by our talented friend Nic Thielmann. I'm just the ugly mug with the accent in the film.

The goat was a nanny. That was a very bittersweet moment moment for me and probably the other guys on the trip. We didn't see the need to highlight nor hide that in the film.

The lack of GORE and grip and grin footage was very intentional, it was always our plan to avoid that side of things. We wanted to show the hunt how it actually is. Most hunts are 90% hunting/bushwhacking/glassing/suffering and only 10% killing and packing. We wanted to highlight that. And also provide a different take on hunting films.

Chris

labguy
06-03-2019, 07:23 AM
Thanks for all the comments and feedback guys. I wish I could take some responsibility for the filmmaking side of things but it was all captured and put together by our talented friend Nic Thielmann. I'm just the ugly mug with the accent in the film.

The goat was a nanny. That was a very bittersweet moment moment for me and probably the other guys on the trip. We didn't see the need to highlight nor hide that in the film.

The lack of GORE and grip and grin footage was very intentional, it was always our plan to avoid that side of things. We wanted to show the hunt how it actually is. Most hunts are 90% hunting/bushwhacking/glassing/suffering and only 10% killing and packing. We wanted to highlight that. And also provide a different take on hunting films.

Chris

Chris,

The film was very tastefully done. The lack of "gore" in the film is refreshing and puts the focus on the mental and physical demands that such a hunt demands.

The hunt, the men who accompanied you and the film itself are a collective "class act". We need more of this to show the non hunting world that we're not all a bunch on knuckle dragging Neanderthals. Good job!!!

hawk-i
06-03-2019, 07:54 AM
Enjoyed the vid, thank you for sharing.

jac
06-03-2019, 08:45 AM
I prefer no gore myself I like that you focused on the hunt.

Pinewood
06-03-2019, 09:22 AM
Well done. Great video!

Bugle M In
06-03-2019, 12:42 PM

Chris

More like 99%.
Goats are white and blood stands out pretty good on them.
We as hunters know what it looks like.
But, I believe if we are trying to make the non hunting community see what hunting is "really about" (which this video did),
than it doesn't need the stuff that does either make people squeamish or turn them off.

So many shows lose what hunting is about because it is just filled with "look at me and this headgear on the beast".

If I would make a suggestion, I would show the odd scene of "removing the meat" because that is a big part of what hunting is
about.
And showing off the headgear on the back board makes more sense to me.

todbartell
06-03-2019, 01:38 PM
So many shows lose what hunting is about because it is just filled with "look at me and this headgear on the beast".

thank the lord and thank you Jimmy Primos and Scent Away

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwrgmLMVEAEoxEs.jpg

Chrispryn
06-03-2019, 01:44 PM
thank the lord and thank you Jimmy Primos and Scent Away

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwrgmLMVEAEoxEs.jpg

Hahaha too funny. He is missing his chewing tobacco sponsor and favourite nascar banner.

Bugle M In
06-03-2019, 06:13 PM
^^^^^^^Exactly!

ElectricDyck
06-03-2019, 08:01 PM
Too bad you shot a nanny, its my worst nightmare when hunting goats because of their long reproductive cycle, even though you agonize over judging them mistakes can be made and thats life. I try to emphasize to my kids (at the same time to myself) its hard to not pull the trigger but once that bullet leaves the chamber you cant ever put in back in...she gone.

I understand how the grip and grin can be interpreted wrong by non hunters and have always appreciated the cut pack catch and cook idea..most non hunters always ask about the logistics of how you get the animal out of the bush and if it tastes good lol..

Not trying to take away from the vid, congrats again on the hunt and vid, goat hunting is awesome!

HarryToolips
06-03-2019, 09:46 PM
Very well done, thanks for sharing....

bangbangkhan
06-04-2019, 12:22 AM
Links not working no more :/

Chrispryn
06-04-2019, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE=bangbangkhan;2095743]Links not working no more
www.fargonemedia.com/fargonevalley

Jimbob
06-04-2019, 09:27 PM

Chris

Great video, totally respect your approach. However for me the animal is the pinnacle of hunting. I truly love seeing animals, especially goats. If a hunting video is to truly captures the whole experience the it needs to do just that. I'm fine without all the gore of the kill shot but I want to see the animal. I'm sure the dead animal and your reaction when you put your hands on it could be captured in a very tasteful way.

Overall it was awesome and I would way rather watch that the the typical hunting film. Congrats.

joshbazz
06-04-2019, 10:21 PM
[QUOTE=bangbangkhan;2095743]Links not working no more
www.fargonemedia.com/fargonevalley (http://www.fargonemedia.com/fargonevalley)

Thank you, was search for it as well. So inspirational, very well done! Appreciate your approach, and the quality of what you produced, great job guys!