PDA

View Full Version : Family Of Hunters Featured On International Prime Time Documentary!

rose
01-27-2019, 11:19 AM
Hey this isn't all about hunting, but the hunting lifestyle is heavily featured in this Prime Time Documentary (very popular in the UK). It should be on CBC later on this year. We hope we represented well! Let us know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6F1l4Zzlhc

Arctic Lake
01-27-2019, 11:45 AM
Sounds interesting !
Arctic Lake

r106
01-27-2019, 12:39 PM
I didn't plan on watching it all right now but once i started i couldn't stop. Great job and I'm a little jealous of your lifestyle..

Pemby_mess
01-27-2019, 12:41 PM
Wow, congrats! You guys will be amazing international ambassadors. Look forward to watching.

Jack Russell
01-27-2019, 12:52 PM
I am so impressed, and envious. You both have made an amazing lifestyle for you and your family. You are lucky people - and I'm sure you know that. All the best to your family.

butthead
01-27-2019, 01:26 PM
very good story

huntingfamily
01-27-2019, 02:53 PM
Awesome story! I seem to recall watching a video of this family harvesting a moose or something related. It was great as well.
Thanks for sharing Rose!

ghunter4x4
01-27-2019, 03:52 PM
Really enjoyed watching and would love to visit the property. My boys could learn a ton from your girls. Great job all around.

mad_mallard
01-27-2019, 07:37 PM
Very impressive !!!!!!!
A great display of work ethic and family values.
As parents your obviously very proud of your girls and you should be. You have all built a very special life for yourselves.

john-brennan
01-27-2019, 08:24 PM
Impressive indeed.

Moose Guide
01-27-2019, 08:44 PM
I watched it on youtube this morning, very well done Rose!

srthomas75
01-27-2019, 09:22 PM
I have always enjoyed watching your videos that you post on here. I usually can get my kids [girls] to watch for a bit. We just watched this episode on the tv [wife included]. Everyone enjoyed it and was impressed with the show. I can see it receiving good ratings back in the UK.
As much as my wife liked it she did say " don't get any ideas that we are going to try and live off grid like that " though.

rose
01-27-2019, 11:29 PM
Thanks everyone! So glad that you enjoyed it. Did anyone else like Ben's moose calls?

Jagermeister
01-28-2019, 12:13 AM
I say, "Blame it on the instructor!" The pathetic cow moose call that is.

I see the words envious and jealous and I think to myself, what a wonderful world you have.

I see Jeff inviting others to quit the rat race and join yo'll in the back forty, but then the neighborhood will just get too dam crowded. Although, I can see that there will be a few exodus' once this has aired nationally.

Realistically, you have to have the right life partner with the same mindset to accomplish what you two have done. And I congratulate you both, job well done.

This brings to mind my childhood back in the mid-50s. Our family were friends with a family that were off the grid. Their abode was somewhat like a yurt, with rooms sectioned off by curtains. Boys on one side, girls on the other. Central heating by a very large heater in the middle of the "great room". Lighting provided by white gas and coal oil lamps. Entertainment when we visited were boxing matches in the "great room" always featuring myself and two of the brothers, one slightly older and one slightly younger. I was always featured in the opening match and it seemed that I could win that one, but I never got the bye on the second match which I always seemed to lose. As always, one brother was pitted against the other for the match of the day championship.

dmaxtech
01-28-2019, 10:17 AM
Thanks Rose, that was awesome. Hope it is well received on TV in the UK and eventually airs here too.

Bugle M In
01-28-2019, 11:10 AM
Myself also, wasn't expecting to watch the entirety all in one sitting, but I did.
And to be honest, I had a smile on my face from starting to end.
The family is a great ambassador to life outdoors, and hope that episode gain a lot of traction all over viewing world.
Also hoping at least one of the daughters can one day, at minimum, hold the title of "minister of environment".
(sorry, asking anyone to consider politics is somewhat cruel, but a necessary evil)
Anyone of them would be more than qualified!
The moose calling was a great laugh as well.
Many documentaries try and look for the bad, just for balance.
It is obvious that it was completely impossible for the host to find that, which says a lot right there.
Well done on everyone's part, and thanks again.
(have forwarded on the link towards all my friends, most who do not spend anytime outdoors....they need to see it!)
T

MB_Boy
01-28-2019, 12:39 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed that Rose!!

Darksith
01-28-2019, 12:47 PM
TBH we need more of this. We need to use social media and feature hunters, their families and hunting, less focus on the kill and the harvest, and more focus on lifestyle and family. It would go a long way in swaying public opinion.

Mulehahn
01-28-2019, 12:52 PM
As others have said, I just wanted to see what it was about with intention of watching later. Damn near midek aade me late for work because I just kept watching. Great video and even better family.

Bugle M In
01-28-2019, 01:05 PM
It's the humor that your family has, that gives the lifestyle some real "heart of the matter" reality.
that other video, where the steam was rising from the tent, and your husband making a joke to the girls that the tent was on fire, and then watching one of your daughters running endlessly out of the tent, into the woods, and beings asked what she was doing and she states "you said fire" made me laugh.
It those moments that make the day, and the family shows that so well.
Definitely great ambassadors to hunting and just being a part of the outdoors.
Many FN talk about being stewards of the land, but really are so far disconnected now, that it is actually just a "legend has it"
reality, but you folks really do show what stewards of the land should look like.
You folks are walking the talk!

rose
01-28-2019, 02:04 PM
I agree. People forget where there food has come from and seem blind to the fact that even the beef that they bought in the store had a life.

TBH we need more of this. We need to use social media and feature hunters, their families and hunting, less focus on the kill and the harvest, and more focus on lifestyle and family. It would go a long way in swaying public opinion.

rose
01-28-2019, 02:17 PM
Also, hunting is a part of our everyday life, both Jeff and I love it and the kids love it. Its not the killing that we love, it's being outdoors, it's going for walks, it's sitting quietly in the tree stand, it's getting some fresh air, it's knowing where our food comes from and processing it in the way that we like. We feel that if we can share a bit more about our lives and the way we live with others, not only will it be fun, but perhaps it may spur on others to live a simpler, family oriented lifestyle.

cuervosail
01-28-2019, 08:23 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the video and admire you and your family. I spent some time in northern Canada with some friends who raised two girls in a very remote homestead. They live 85 kms from the nearest community. No roads - boat or plane access only. A handbuilt log house, fish from the lake, moose and berries from the bush, vegetables from the garden. After visiting, I always came away in awe at how intelligent the girls were - wise beyond the years. And an exceedingly close family. All the same things I see in your family. This is an excellent means of educating people about a lifestyle that relies on and respects hunting. Kudos all around.

RackStar
01-28-2019, 09:19 PM
I always wondered who lived behind those gates... jealous. Simply amazing life your family has. I watched this with my family last night, as soon as it was over they asked if we can move. Lol. Thanks for sharing, always enjoy your videos.

butcher
01-28-2019, 10:08 PM
It’s pretty cool and I admire what you’re doing but I wouldn’t want to do it. I got the acreage and the hunting lifestyle but I like my running water. Spend enough time cutting wood and butchering meat and moving snow that not getting a hot shower would put me in a pretty bad mood.

Bugle M In
01-28-2019, 11:23 PM
Amongst all the things everyone has said, there is one thing that sets this video/show apart from most any other show I have watched:
I felt like friend, that was invited over for the day.
As if I had known these people for years, and in some sort of strange way (especially that I am only in the position of a viewer,
not even physically present), they know me....
Don't really know how else to explain it, it's just somehow different.
Maybe because so many of the shows that are hunting based seem to feel they need success stories.
Maybe because they have used guides, so they really don't have a connection with the area at all.
But there is something definitely very unique here.
And that's not an easy task to set oneself apart in such a big crowd, especially in regards to a hunting/gathering type theme.

nicholast
01-29-2019, 01:33 AM
Such a nice story lines and awesome camera angles

kennyj
01-29-2019, 08:07 AM
That was a fantastic video. A good eye opener for all.
Very well done!
kenny

longwalk
01-29-2019, 11:04 AM
Simply put, that was amazing. As a family unit what an experience you are getting. I feel badly for your daughters once they step out into the larger world and realize that most of the young males they encounter will be far less capable than they are. My hat is off to the young lady swinging the axe.I grew up chopping wood and still chop 3-5 cords a year and her swing is pure artistry.

albravo2
01-29-2019, 11:34 AM
I always love your videos. Thanks for posting!

Upearly
01-29-2019, 07:30 PM
What is the name of the show please and thanks

northof49
01-29-2019, 09:35 PM
That was brilliant...reminded me of days gone by. What a lovely family. Always enjoy your videos.

GoodPartner
01-29-2019, 10:50 PM
Great Job!

jan.wi97
01-29-2019, 11:39 PM
That inspired me!
It has always been my dream to live a simple life.
As soon as I can sell my company it will be good bye to the
rat race!
Thanks so much for sharing, showed it to my family and all my six siblings
were absolutely envious and begging to get out of our town.
You did well!

rose
01-30-2019, 12:01 AM
Wow, I'm thrilled that it inspired you! All the best to you and yours and hoping that your business sells soon. :)

That inspired me!
It has always been my dream to live a simple life.
As soon as I can sell my company it will be good bye to the
rat race!
Thanks so much for sharing, showed it to my family and all my six siblings
were absolutely envious and begging to get out of our town.
You did well!

rose
01-30-2019, 12:01 AM
The name of the show we were featured on was New Lives In The Wild with Ben Fogle.

What is the name of the show please and thanks

jan.wi97
01-30-2019, 12:12 AM
Wow, I'm thrilled that it inspired you! All the best to you and yours and hoping that your business sells soon. :)

Please keep the videos coming!
Yes, another two years and then numbers should be good enough
to exit and settle down :)

rose
01-30-2019, 12:31 AM
Doing our best with the videos! Thanks again,

Please keep the videos coming!
Yes, another two years and then numbers should be good enough
to exit and settle down :)

DoubleDeuce
01-30-2019, 12:39 AM
Awesome episode to watch.Reminds me a lot of how I grew up,but as an only kid raised by my grandparents it was interesting to see the full family dynamic.Can’t say it didn’t make me home sick for those days.
Well done and all the power to you.
Thankyou for sharing.

rose
01-30-2019, 11:59 PM
Thanks again everyone for the super nice comments! Glad that you all enjoyed it

jtred
01-31-2019, 05:40 PM
I always watch your videos that you post up and thoroughly enjoy them. I can't get enough of spending time in the outdoors with my girls(15 and 17) but only the younger one really took to hunting. Your choice of lifestyle is compelling and the way you've raised your family is brilliant. Great documentary and I hope you 'caught' your moose.

RJHunter
01-31-2019, 06:31 PM
I watched with the family and now all the kids want to move out to the woods. It looks like you have picked a great location and I bet it helps to have good friends and neighbors around even if they are a few km away. We always enjoy your movies. Thanks for sharing.

downsouth204
02-01-2019, 08:33 AM
Watched your You Tube channel for years, you guys are awesome :)

jonz
02-01-2019, 10:34 AM
Good stuff.

joshbazz
02-01-2019, 11:25 AM
Wow, watched this and it is amazing, truly!

Can't wait to show this to my wife and daughter, and to my brother/sister-inlaw's family with 2 girls – what an amazing life you lead! I would love to follow in your footsteps!

Cheers!

Marc
02-16-2019, 02:29 PM
Watched the whole thing and it was a pleasure to watch. What an amazing lifestyle to live. Got a kick out of Jeff and Dave's outtakes :lol:. Your life is a dream I've been having about my family for the past couple of years now. Dreaming of the day we pull the plug, sell the house and move somewhere with more land, less people, and less stress.

moosinaround
02-16-2019, 05:21 PM
I've been following your guys' you tube channel for a while, and look forward to new videos of how your guys life is going. I am envious, as I was raised in the rural lifestyle. I like to see young people learning skills other than computers, grammar, mathematics. Welding, gardening, outdoor recreation, construction, you parents are setting your children up to be highly productive humans. Whether it be in the wild, as competent outdoors folks, or in the daily grind we all find ourselves in the urban world, your kids will know how to think, problem solve, get along with others.

As far as representing hunters, pfft, you hit it out of the park! You represent the hunting world well, food is found, it is grown, it is killed, that is the simple human need to survive, and you did it justice in this documentary. Please keep having adventures, as that is why we live on this big ole spinning rock.

Thanks for taking us along, Moosinaround

Stone Sheep Steve
02-16-2019, 09:18 PM
Glad I finally got a chance to watch the video.

Loved it!!!

So envious of the life that you have choosen to lead!!

SSS

rose
02-18-2019, 09:26 PM
Thanks again everyone! We're glad that you all enjoyed the video!

Treed
02-18-2019, 11:43 PM
Had my whole family looking over my shoulder when they heard me laughing. That family is perfect. I’ve seen a bunch of their other videos, such great sense of humour!

Treed
02-18-2019, 11:47 PM
Hi Rose,
keep moving forward with videos of your family - they open a beautiful world to a lot of closed eyes!!
Ben

silvertipp
02-19-2019, 12:05 AM
Dam that was awesome
what a peaceful way to live and raise a family
your daughters must make you guys very proud
I love to see a weekly episode
cheers and thanks for the video

rose
02-19-2019, 10:48 AM
Hey! At this time we aren't able to post weekly videos, but if you go to our YouTube page, we try to post every other week! Glad that you enjoyed the video!

Dam that was awesome
what a peaceful way to live and raise a family
your daughters must make you guys very proud
I love to see a weekly episode
cheers and thanks for the video

rose
02-19-2019, 10:49 AM
Thanks Ben!

Hi Rose,
keep moving forward with videos of your family - they open a beautiful world to a lot of closed eyes!!
Ben

ajr5406
02-19-2019, 02:08 PM
Hey! At this time we aren't able to post weekly videos, but if you go to our YouTube page, we try to post every other week! Glad that you enjoyed the video!

Awesome video! You guys did a great job of representing hunters. You have a great family too.

Markjames
02-19-2019, 08:49 PM
I actually watched this a few weeks after I see. Your goat video I am a father of a crazy 16 month old boy and I have had him on my back with my wife hunting. Just having one is hard enough ! I tip my hat to you and your husband. Respect respect respect !

rose
02-19-2019, 09:11 PM
Good for you and your wife! Here's a tip...after 3 kids its all the same! lol

I actually watched this a few weeks after I see. Your goat video I am a father of a crazy 16 month old boy and I have had him on my back with my wife hunting. Just having one is hard enough ! I tip my hat to you and your husband. Respect respect respect !

barongan
02-21-2019, 12:00 PM
Very impressive...good storyhttp://juragan.club/assets/1/o.png

dropinvancouver
02-23-2019, 10:07 AM
Respect!
I think when this world comes to its end, your family will be the last surviving family on the earth. We city family will be long gone.