PDA

View Full Version : Northern any elk draw

1 shot 1 kill
01-17-2019, 06:28 PM
My brother has an any elk LEH and was hoping to get up chetwynd area end of Jan early feb,
Was just curious how things were looking up there? Weather wise etc
Were prob bringing the SxS with track kit and tires as spares.
Wheel around an try to find him an elk.
Any elk being seen up there?

barry1974w
01-18-2019, 10:43 PM
There will be elk around. You’re brother has a very coveted draw, there’s some very good bulls taken up there every year in the late season. Lots of cows around also, but if he wanted a cow, he’d have applied for the antlerless draw with way better odds.....

madcalfe
01-27-2019, 05:23 AM
im in dawson creek currently and weather has been odd. 6*c rain yesterday. lost of snow has melted so razor with tracks should be no problem. i haven't hunted elk around chetwyn to much but lone prairie power lines might be a good place to start? id imagine lots of elk are herded up on some nice private farmer fields though.

1 shot 1 kill
01-27-2019, 07:58 AM
im in dawson creek currently and weather has been odd. 6*c rain yesterday. lost of snow has melted so razor with tracks should be no problem. i haven't hunted elk around chetwyn to much but lone prairie power lines might be a good place to start? id imagine lots of elk are herded up on some nice private farmer fields though.

Thanks for the weather update madcalfe,
Were gonna wait till next week once the weather turns cold again.
Called around..or tried to..got the cold shoulder from all hunting shops etc in regards to info on land owners, and snow pack levels
.not a big deal as we hadn't planned hunting farms anyways.