PDA

View Full Version : Squamish or the Range

jettabambino
09-14-2007, 08:32 AM
So i can decide what to do... My new 22 and my rifle both need to be sighted. They have been bore sighted but ofcourse i like to put the finishing touches on them. I was going to go to the poco gun range but its the same distance away as squamish is to me. So i am trying to decide if i should go to squamish for the day. sight in the gun and do a little scouting/hunting.

I dont want any gps cordinates on squamish if you have seen anything but where abouts do people go. We used to go to Pea Line mountain a few years back but that has since been gated and to be honest i am not really in the mood to hike for a quick hunting trip. So what do you think.

I just want to take a shot at a few ditch chickens and maybe see the odd deer?

Thanks guys and gals

Mr. Dean
09-14-2007, 08:45 AM
If you can hit a range, it'd be better that the bush right now IMO. It's hunting season and all them shots will scatter the critters... You'll just end up hiking to find them.

The Hermit
09-14-2007, 09:04 AM
yup I agree. Other guys that may be hunting in the area will appreciate your going to the range.

youngbuck
09-14-2007, 01:55 PM
It's hunting season and all them shots will scatter the critters

I'm not sure if this is exactly true.
On Labour Day, at the PoCo range, 2 deer walked out into the middle of the range while people were shooting.
Also, I've hunted in area that are heavily hunted with alot of shot yet still saw alot of deer.
This may be true for animals within a few kilometers.

but back on topic....You should go to the range. It is a controller environment that would eliminate any unforseen factors (ie a good distance, a good bench, etc.)

greasysidedown
09-14-2007, 02:08 PM
I was at the poco range on labour day with my two boys. A doe and fawn came out of the left bush just behind the 100 yard mark. There was so much shooting going on we had to wait for a bench to open up. The range shut down and the deer didn't leave till one of my boys went running out there. They didn't seem to mind the noise, but they might be a little more used to it.

Mr. Dean
09-14-2007, 02:49 PM
My point is, is that it IS hunting season... Lets try to save the bush for hunting, for the time being. If possible.

I know that most of us would be choked if we just finished an hours hike and got settled in, just to have shots constantly ringing out from down the hillside somewhere.

Just MO. That's all.

youngbuck
09-14-2007, 03:54 PM
I completely agree with you

Greasy,

You weren't by chance at the range this past Tuesday.
I heard the doe and fawn story from a guy who was shooting next to me.

Mr. Dean
09-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Them deer are there year after year... I think that if the range were to close, they'd move because of all the quiet goin on. :rolleyes: