PDA

View Full Version : Another poacher...

Cyrus
01-12-2019, 07:47 AM
Probably will continue to poach no matter what happens to him.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/hunting-grizzly-bear-liu-guns-1.4974005

Wild one
01-12-2019, 07:54 AM
Now think of all the ones not getting caught

kelowna.jordan
01-12-2019, 08:20 AM
Absolutely disgusting. He should be put in jail

MB_Boy
01-12-2019, 08:42 AM
Just read this article and plan to email the author.

"He will only be returning to Canada for brief holidays. He would like to partake in recreational hunting while he returns to visit Canada."

That makes him a non-resident from what I can tell.

Island Idiots
01-12-2019, 08:53 AM
Thanks for getting wrong again CBC. He is not a hunter, he is a POACHER.
How is it there is no mention of how this individual passed both a firearms course/test, and CORE, yet has no knowledge of existing laws?
Certainly further examination is due. Who was the instructor? When did he take the CORE or challenge the test?

This is going on in all sectors. From illegal crabbing, to illegal poaching. No regard what ever for the law. If you get your rifle and truck taken away, fined, etc, and you go to the next town and get a gun and truck and do it again, you should go.... DIRECTLY TO JAIL, !! No exceptions!!
Absolute disdain for canadian laws.

twoSevenO
01-12-2019, 09:32 AM
When you have money you cant be stopped from hunting or poaching again unless you're locked up.

You already took his guns and truck away and he just went out and bought another one. How will this be any different? Ok. You took his license away .... he just gets in his truck and goes hunting anyways :/

Why wasnt he sentenced to house arrest?!? Cant go hunting/poaching if you cant leave the house. Get caught not being at home ----> jail!

northof49
01-12-2019, 10:11 AM
This is disgraceful.

barry1974w
01-12-2019, 10:33 AM
He should be dragged into the street and shot with a frozen ball of his own s##t......

Wild one
01-12-2019, 10:36 AM
He should be dragged into the street and shot with a frozen ball of his own s##t......

You forgot to add in the balls repeatedly so he cannot reproduce

whitlers
01-12-2019, 10:58 AM
What a joke. That's brutal. This guy should be in jail or deported for good.

walks with deer
01-12-2019, 10:59 AM
wtf how why

carnivore
01-12-2019, 06:06 PM
Try going to China and doing the same thing to one their Panda Bears and see what happens to you. You would most likely be locked up never to see the light of day again.

REMINGTON JIM
01-12-2019, 06:35 PM
Prohitbited to EVER return to CANADA for any REASON ! :evil: Thats what China would do to you for those Crimes if they didn't KILL ya ! RJ

Bugle M In
01-12-2019, 06:38 PM
I'm just shaking my head.
First, with that many offences, it should be jail time and forfeit of some personal property to pay for his incarceration.
Once done, permanent ban.
Why is it so simple to deal with, yet never happens???
Just gives "hunters" a bad name, even though he isn't one.
That's what "we" get for this, not him.
In the end, just another bad rap for us.

.308SLAYER
01-12-2019, 06:58 PM
Wait a minute guys according to some I thought it was the natives did all the poaching...weird...

gcreek
01-12-2019, 07:21 PM
A proud supporter of BCWF and they gladly accepted the money........ The news feed doesn't state otherwise.

two-feet
01-12-2019, 07:37 PM
Good god if we cant keep this guy out of the field we have serious problems

Wild one
01-12-2019, 07:45 PM
In some areas I think poaching is a bigger issue then people realize

tigrr
01-12-2019, 09:27 PM
He has money and will never see the inside of any jail. He will hunt here under an assumed name. Fines mean little to the very wealthy.
He would make back most fines selling the gallbladders back in china. The paws and gallbladder of that grizzly would be a years wages for us.
There is one of those types here in Horsefly and he brings in rich guys from china and they try and shoot anything. Caught or not they don't care.
They had a mule deer tag and shot a bull moose.

Mosin
01-12-2019, 09:43 PM
I say a permanent ban from ever entering Canada again

Jagermeister
01-12-2019, 11:55 PM
Let's say that he bagged $125,000 per gall bladder and paws from a grizzly, then you fine him $200,000. And you make each and every offence fine increasingly greater than the sale proceeds garnered.
Start an auction for "the goods" in a mainland China major newspaper to determine the value they're willing to pay and use that figure +50%. Each subsequent conviction per individual after the initial fine escalates double, ie, estimated value +50%, then e.v. + 100%, then e,v +200% and doubling onward. Forfeiture of property to cover the fines if necessary.
That would be a deterrent wouldn't it?

There is a wildcard but I'm not going there.

Bustercluck
01-13-2019, 10:24 AM
I used to work with a Chinese guy that wanted me to find him an “Indian” to take other guys from China hunting. His plan was to bring guys over from China, get an Indian to take these guys out to kill something and send them home. He didn’t care about meat or hides, he said the only thing the Chinese guys wanted to do was kill something. Pretty disturbing.

When I told him it was illegal, he said Indians do whatever they want and they won’t get in trouble. The whole plan was going to be under the table too so he didn’t have to pay tax. It’s a different culture.

Then his plan was to sponsor people from China himself and call them all relatives to get them in the door.

two-feet
01-13-2019, 10:44 AM
Some jail time, where he becomes somebodys bitch for a month or so, could perhaps deter him from committing the same crimes again

Bugle M In
01-13-2019, 01:41 PM
I think this is where hunters could make a difference.
Hunters could take the "lead" by posting comments exactly like are on here.
To show the rest of the public how much we despise such actions and disregard to wildlife.
IF anyone can step up to the plate in the media, now is the time!!
Lets show everyone else who hunters are!.

jeremy84
01-13-2019, 04:59 PM
He broke the law and shouldn’t be allowed back into the country period. Auction off his house and give the proceeds to wildlife conservation efforts.

Hadda
01-13-2019, 05:21 PM
If this guy doesn't get hammered, who will?

Jordan f.
01-13-2019, 05:23 PM
He is either really really really dumb. Or just doesn't value the life of an animal.

Either way. Lifetime ban and time in jail.

murph83
01-13-2019, 08:29 PM
Just heard about this, what a disgrace! Kick the guy out of the country, revoke his PAL...or throw him in jail for a few years..then kick him out of the country etc. People like this piss me off!

LBM
01-13-2019, 09:07 PM
In some areas I think poaching is a bigger issue then people realize
It sure is I will say it again some have no clue what is going on out there, and sadly many don't really care.

john-brennan
01-14-2019, 10:15 AM
After that many offences he should be in jail and fined a hell of a lot more, our laws a too soft in Canada.

elch jager
01-16-2019, 10:46 AM
Comments closed on the cbc article... I wanted to vent at them... arghhh

This is just the top of the iceberg... I have heard that CO's have intercepted reefer trucks with 20+ deer, a few moose etc. on route to Richmond restaurants... not during the open season when there are more eyes in the forest.

Wild one
01-16-2019, 11:01 AM
Comments closed on the cbc article... I wanted to vent at them... arghhh

This is just the top of the iceberg... I have heard that CO's have intercepted reefer trucks with 20+ deer, a few moose etc. on route to Richmond restaurants... not during the open season when there are more eyes in the forest.

I have heard of poached wild meat being brought to the lower mainland to be sold and stores of pretty high numbers of animals but no words on any convictions.

This is something I don’t know if it’s truly going on or exaggerated stories

Selling wild meat is happening but to what level

REMINGTON JIM
01-16-2019, 12:21 PM
Thanks for getting wrong again CBC. He is not a hunter, he is a POACHER.
How is it there is no mention of how this individual passed both a firearms course/test, and CORE, yet has no knowledge of existing laws?
Certainly further examination is due. Who was the instructor? When did he take the CORE or challenge the test?

This is going on in all sectors. From illegal crabbing, to illegal poaching. No regard what ever for the law. If you get your rifle and truck taken away, fined, etc, and you go to the next town and get a gun and truck and do it again, you should go.... DIRECTLY TO JAIL, !! No exceptions!!
Absolute disdain for canadian laws.

THIS ! in this case DEPORTATION ! we tax payers should not have to pay to INCARCERATE this POS ! :mad: RJ

Night Hawk 3
01-16-2019, 02:20 PM
I sent a correction in to the CBC for using the term "hunter" instead of using the term "poacher" in their article.... since I couldn't comment on the article anymore.

Here's what I sent in:

The term 'hunter' is used in this article to describe someone who is clearly a poacher. These terms are not interchangeable, and should be not be treated as such.

For the many of us who do hunt and follow the rules as set out by our Province using the word 'hunter' for people who are involved in the illegal killing of animals and wasting the meat, where the words 'poacher' or 'poaching' should be used instead, is extremely offensive.

This is a common misuse of language in the press, please correct your usage.

Thank you,

It's really unfortunate that this person committed these disgraceful acts, was caught, and was then right back at it in short order. The laws we have are toothless when they need to have serious teeth, and yet at the same time can be unforgiving when they need to be more accepting of things (in regards to other issues)... where is the balance in all of this?

NH3

KimberKid
01-16-2019, 04:06 PM
In South Africa (Where my father is from) they have a big problem with Abalone Poaching. There if you are caught, everything that was used to poach the animal (truck used to drive to the boat, the boat itself, any gear, etc) is all confiscated and then sold/destroyed + potential jail time and/or fines. Hopefully Canada will one day adopt similar levels of punishment as poaching is a huge problem that I would love to see really cracked down on.

Steve W
01-16-2019, 06:08 PM
THIS ! in this case DEPORTATION ! we tax payers should not have to pay to INCARCERATE this POS ! :mad: RJ

Can't be deported for a conviction on a Summary Conviction Offense. Gotta get him with a Criminal Code charge.

REMINGTON JIM
01-16-2019, 10:04 PM
Can't be deported for a conviction on a Summary Conviction Offense. Gotta get him with a Criminal Code charge.

Thanks for the INFO But aren't the CRIMES comitted really CRIMINAL ? if not WTF are they ? RJ

kelowna.jordan
01-16-2019, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the INFO But aren't the CRIMES comitted really CRIMINAL ? if not WTF are they ? RJ

Exactly! What more does this guy have to do to get some actual punishment. Ie: jail time, house arrest, deportation. Such a bullsh!t system we have

Bugle M In
01-17-2019, 12:59 PM

Maybe it should be changed?
Meaning, you get busted for a second time (summary conviction offence), on a separate issue, that it then "becomes criminal"??
That might clean up a lot of Offenses in the country?? (just saying)
Have to find a way to stop "repeat offenders".
Plus, all of this guys stuff he used should have been forfeited/confiscated during the first offence.

scott h
01-17-2019, 06:38 PM
I used to work with a Chinese guy that wanted me to find him an “Indian” to take other guys from China hunting. His plan was to bring guys over from China, get an Indian to take these guys out to kill something and send them home. He didn’t care about meat or hides, he said the only thing the Chinese guys wanted to do was kill something. Pretty disturbing.

When I told him it was illegal, he said Indians do whatever they want and they won’t get in trouble. The whole plan was going to be under the table too so he didn’t have to pay tax. It’s a different culture.

Then his plan was to sponsor people from China himself and call them all relatives to get them in the door.

You aren't surprised by this are you??? Seems like business as usual for a good proportion of them. First they ruined housing in the lower mainland, then they brought in fentanyl, now they poaching our fish and wildlife. The only way to deal with people like this is through deportation.

Hadda
01-17-2019, 06:44 PM

Its just the way the law works. Most poaching type offences are summary conviction (like a speeding ticket). Criminal code offences are more serious like assault. Treating very differently. Basically the environment is not valued highly, and poaching an animal or many animals is unlikely to get you treated as severely as say... drunk driving, or getting in a fight for example.