PDA

View Full Version : Local Resident to sponcer out of province hunters

squirrelmonkey
01-09-2019, 05:14 PM
Hello,
I'm looking to get in touch with a resident hunter who could act as guide/ sponsor for 3 Manitoba hunters. I don't actually require guide services..No guide or horse experience necessary. Just a will to hunt utilizing horses..
I propose to organize a horse pack trip into northern BC for an Elk hunt. I will supply all the horses and gear and pay expenses. You (resident ) just need to obtain the temp. guide permit..I'll pay for your licences too !
Serious interested parties please get in touch so we can plan something for early to mid August.
Thanks,

Tom Thieme
Labroquerie. Mb.
text or call 204 381 6295

Brez
01-09-2019, 05:33 PM
This will be good..........

dakoda62
01-09-2019, 06:02 PM
Just made popcorn, chime in.

.308SLAYER
01-09-2019, 06:13 PM
What's wrong with your guys elk over there in Manitoba go hunt duck mountain lol...leave our elk alone there's none over here lol

Gateholio
01-09-2019, 07:00 PM
Squirrel Monkey, you will have to change your request. You can't offer to compensate in any way, including paying for licenses and expenses. A Permit to Accompany hunter cannot be compensated, or you are into an illegal guiding situation. Be very leery of anyone offering to do this for ANY form of compensation, too. Chances are it will get you into hot water.

Wild one
01-09-2019, 07:11 PM
Squirrel Monkey, you will have to change your request. You can't offer to compensate in any way, including paying for licenses and expenses. A Permit to Accompany hunter cannot be compensated, or you are into an illegal guiding situation. Be very leery of anyone offering to do this for ANY form of compensation, too. Chances are it will get you into hot water.

This ^^^

And you should read up on the host program because I am pretty sure a host can only sponsor 2 hunters a year

Fella
01-09-2019, 08:06 PM
You should hire a guide.

wos
01-09-2019, 10:20 PM
You should hire a guide.

It will be cheaper than the court cost!

Gateholio
01-09-2019, 10:55 PM
I would strongly suggest people make positive suggestions and offer factual information on this thread. The OP may not be familiar with BC's regulations and programs available.

Not going to repeat myself.

Liveforthehunt
01-09-2019, 11:02 PM
Also plan your hunt for after or on august 15th if you look in the regs that is opening day in some regions and there is no early august hunt for elk. Good luck !

bigredchev
01-10-2019, 06:26 AM
I thought my reply was funny :mrgreen:

Sounds like the OP needs to do some reading. As always, RTFM

squirrelmonkey
01-10-2019, 03:10 PM
Ok Maybe I should have re-written my post to suggest that a Prospective local resident to sponsor non resident hunter to participate in a horseback pack trip for Elk in Northern BC. I supply everything. Area and dates to be confirmed. This is not a new concept to you people who do know the process. That's the beauty of hunting in BC for non residents !!! Ive done this exact same thing in 2010 on a successful goat hunt. I'm most certain that I will find a local resident who wants to participate in a serious hunting adventure that horseback hunting provides.